Thread: ILEs/ENTPs as psychologists

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILEs/ENTPs as psychologists

It is said that ILE are sharp and shrewd (about day to day things) psychologists (russians have confused this topic since they named IEE psychologist). Ganin maintains this anyway, just read his description.

I know a young ILE who'd make comments like "you're dressed sketchy" and i'd ask why and why did this bother him. He'd reply "if people see you dressed sketchy they'll discriminate against you".

Other comments he's made "the way you're sitting right there in that (public, park area ) gazebo is sketchy, it looks really bad at this hour of the evening"

Or I told him about a man asking to walk me home from a pizza place and his reply was "he wants to know where you live, just say no immediately!" etc.

Is this a demonstration of ILE being shrewd or is this ILE psychology (maybe Ti?)?
    Last edited by Delilah; 09-19-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, things are out of place. It is not really psychology. It is like seeing wolf in sheep's clothing for example (and this time this phrase should be interpreted loosely on higher level like I said out of place). Something just breaks or threatens externally working system. Like dressing as a Santa in th middle of summer.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think "psychoanalyst" is more fitting because "psychologist" implies active involvement. These are passive observers with bouts of active involvement.

The examples you've outlined are pure Ne ("if you say or do [x] it may imply [y]"). You may not be "sketchy" - but if you speak or act in that manner, then you may inadvertently give off "sketchy" vibes. The situation with the man + pizza place is the same principle in reverse. Maybe that man wasn't "sketchy", but his behavior suggests otherwise, so it's better to be safe than sorry. Noticing negative potential (Ne) through detached observation (Ti).

It's an active demonstration of the ILE trying to help/protect you.
    Last edited by wasp; 09-19-2017 at 08:34 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    It is said that ILE are sharp and shrewd (about day to day things) psychologists (russians have confused this topic since they named IEE psychologist). Ganin maintains this anyway, just read his description.

I know a young ILE who'd make comments like "you're dressed sketchy" and i'd ask why and why did this bother him. He'd reply "if people see you dressed sketchy they'll discriminate against you".

Other comments he's made "the way you're sitting right there in that (public, park area ) gazebo is sketchy, it looks really bad at this hour of the evening"

Or I told him about a man asking to walk me home from a pizza place and his reply was "he wants to know where you live, just say no immediately!" etc.

Is this a demonstration of ILE being shrewd or is this ILE psychology (maybe Ti?)?
    These examples do not sound ILE in my opinion. Generally this sounds like a type that values Se - external appearance and power relations. There is also Ni present in the last example.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    These examples do not sound ILE in my opinion. Generally this sounds like a type that values Se - external appearance and power relations. There is also Ni present in the last example.
    Hmmm interesting. The person is very laid back though, in a Si/Ne way. They are soft in their approach, likable and easily make other people like them. Would you say SLE? Imo it is just that this is quite a young person, in their twenties, so maybe the age conflates things.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Too little information. Anyways, ILEs tend to warn people. Also depends on context.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shrewd, yes, but sharp, not necessarily.

What does the term "sketchy" mean in that case?
    Sorry, English is not my native language.

Anyway: Strong Ne-users, like ILE, tend to be more creative in the way they express critics. To sensors this can be seen like kind of passive-aggressive.

My developed Fe stopps me from annoying people too much, quite often.

You asked how I would show that I find clothes of another person inappropriate.
    It depends, but I would probabbly say:

Examples:
    - Did you buy that shirt in a 3rd hand store?
    - I looks like parts of your clothes remained in your washing machine.
    - I disrecommend ironing clothes by running with a tank over it!

No personal offense. These are only examples.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 09-21-2017 at 09:16 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Generally agree, people often tell me these sorts of things and it's highly annoying. It's like I lack common sense to them. I just prefer to focus on other things.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm interesting. The person is very laid back though, in a Si/Ne way. They are soft in their approach, likable and easily make other people like them. Would you say SLE? Imo it is just that this is quite a young person, in their twenties, so maybe the age conflates things.
    soft and likable? idk, I saw more Ni overall in the questions than Ti or Ne - did you consider IEI, or is that a far-fetched notion?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, i am certain he is ILE. Soft in the sense of Ne approach, whereas Se valuing comes across as a bit pushy, and he's an extrovert even organizing mini social events and has no problem being the center of attention for sustained time, unlike Ixxp

My question was whether you've noticed a general tendency in ILE to offer social analysis as it seems to go along well even with type descriptions imo; the examples are very simplistic but an attempt to give the gist of what i had in mind, I guess that's me wanting to Te-ify everything lol

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's psychology lol he's just concerned about you

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    It's psychology lol he's just concerned about you

haha yes. however, his advice, well meaning as it is, seems a bit far fetched to me, like intended to dwell on motivations in a psychobabble sort of way - which seemed to me ILE

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

haha yes. however, his advice, well meaning as it is, seems a bit far fetched to me, like intended to dwell on motivations in a psychobabble sort of way - which seemed to me ILE
    I think you should just not take his responses very seriously unless he's being a creep to you

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE would be more plausible.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrrm. Well, I think he thinks sketchy is bad and is warning you not to do sketchy. Simple. I've known people to not like things for being off putting or contrary to the norms, and even I've done it. Once, I had a hotdog with green foam on the bread. I threw out the hotdog and complained. Another possibility is that he's saying this conforms with his idea of what would be not okay or could lead to some bad events in the future. I'd think it'd likely be a combination of both, but in reality it is just that he is expressing his uncomforatability with the situation. That's all I can say, anything else would be speculation.

I can speculate that that this is because he does not trust you, possibly because you are a woman (I'm guessing, I didn't check), and women are typically seen as being more vulnerable. This leads to this kind of thing happening, where a man would tell you not to do something. I've had it happen to me, and I'm a man, so it's obviously not limited to women. I used to wear polos with the buttons done up all the way every so often, and people would give me 'friendly advice' not to. I stopped doing it because it is physically uncomfortable. One person told me I looked like some famous guy I never heard of, and said that was bad. I didn't really care. Anyways, it's pretty much the idea that you should act in a certain way to keep people from messing with you. It seems to be a purely safety type thing though, which means he has a vested interest in your wellbeing. He cares.

From what I see, he's either laid back in private, but very watchful or on guard in public, at least with you, or he just looks laid back, and is actually always on edge. Interesting concepts that I had not thought of.

Finally, the motivations thing can be from hearing about people who get angry over weird outfits and habits, kind of like how serial killers pick targets. This is a common thing that people have where they believe bad things will happen to people who do not conform. For example, someone who walks across busy highways to get to work would unnerve me. Or another one is the college dropout. Anyways, that's enough for this thread.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko