0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Sandra Bullock

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sandra Bullock

i've basically always seen her typed as ESFj.

Last edited by silke; 02-13-2019 at 06:46 AM. Reason: updates with links
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sandra Bullock

What's her type? At first I thought ESE, then EIE came to mind, and finally, I considered SEI. She seems sort of in between these to me. Therefore, I'm wondering: what's your opinion?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne-ENTp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Ne-ENTp
    Another bizarre typing from Socionix. Leave up to that site to type Bullock an ILE, but Bill Maher an ESE.

I agree on Alpha though.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Another bizarre typing from Socionix. Leave up to that site to type Bullock an ILE, but Bill Maher an ESE.

I agree on Alpha though.
    What type would you rather say she is then?

If you agree alpha, an ILE typing cant be THAT bizarre...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    What type would you rather say she is then?

If you agree alpha, an ILE typing cant be THAT bizarre...
    Bizarre enough. I think some of those typings get quadra right, but still go into left field on specifics. I think she's ESE btw.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bizarre enough. I think some of those typings get quadra right, but still go into left field on specifics. I think she's ESE btw.
    Still... can't be SO left field... quadra mates can appear similar, just as duals can. Mirrors can be hard to distinguish, and thus activity partners can actually seem similar. I personally think she's a little too goofy to be ESE, so i'm ok with her ILE typing.

i'm not as familiar with Bill Maher to make the contrast...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still... can't be SO left field... quadra mates can appear similar, just as duals can. Mirrors can be hard to distinguish, and thus activity partners can actually seem similar. I personally think she's a little too goofy to be ESE, so i'm ok with her ILE typing.

i'm not as familiar with Bill Maher to make the contrast...
    Fe dominants are going to be more goofy in the social sense, like she is (or spunky, is what I'd describe her as). Her goofiness is casual at best. It's not like she's Freeman Dyson or something.

Hell, just one glance at the first interview I just googled now already strikes as me as someone more down to earth, adept at Fe and Si.

http://www.glamour.com/magazine/2009...sandra-bullock

On set and in real life, Sandy’s a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of girl: She never wanted to go to her trailer to rest, never tried to get out of anything. If we came across a scene that wasn’t working, she would sit at the monitor, trying to figure it out with every ounce of her being. If you talked about something you liked, the next day she’d find it for you. I mentioned this antique ring I had that once belonged to a woman during World War II. She tracked down a necklace from that time period and gave it to me. I thought, Who does that? But it’s not about the gifts—she pays attention to the people around her. Sandy loves her job but is not defined by it. And she knows how to have a life outside of Hollywood: She splits her time between L.A. and Austin, Texas, where she owns a popular bistro, Bess. She has a barn. She’s done a ton of good work for charities, like giving money to a New Orleans high school impacted by Hurricane Katrina. Hello, she even does her own home renovations, like tearing down walls with her bare hands
    Of course, someone will jump in and say anyone can do these things. Not type related, right?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe dominants are going to be more goofy in the social sense, like she is (or spunky, is what I'd describe her as). Her goofiness is casual at best. It's not like she's Freeman Dyson or something.

Hell, just one glance at the first interview I just googled now already strikes as me as someone more down to earth, adept at Fe and Si.

http://www.glamour.com/magazine/2009...sandra-bullock

Of course, someone will jump in and say anyone can do these things. Not type related, right?
    Why dont you think ILEs are down to earth people?

as for the quote:
    On set and in real life, Sandy’s a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of girl: She never wanted to go to her trailer to rest, never tried to get out of anything. If we came across a scene that wasn’t working, she would sit at the monitor, trying to figure it out with every ounce of her being.
    That sounds more Si-DS to me. She gets so into something she's interested in that she neglects rest and relaxation.

If you talked about something you liked, the next day she’d find it for you. I mentioned this antique ring I had that once belonged to a woman during World War II. She tracked down a necklace from that time period and gave it to me. I thought, Who does that?
    I think that's Ne-motivated.

But it’s not about the gifts—she pays attention to the people around her. Sandy loves her job but is not defined by it. And she knows how to have a life outside of Hollywood: She splits her time between L.A. and Austin, Texas, where she owns a popular bistro, Bess. She has a barn. She’s done a ton of good work for charities, like giving money to a New Orleans high school impacted by Hurricane Katrina.
    NTR

Hello, she even does her own home renovations, like tearing down walls with her bare hands
    so what? I do my own home renovations. I put an IKEA table together the other day all by myself. Does that make me Si? Instead, tearing walls down with her bare hands sounds Si-DS to me, because she doesn't effectively implement tools to help her preserve her hands. the next day i'm sure her hands are all sore and cut up.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what? I do my own home renovations.
    Cool. Type yourself ESE too.

I know better than to argue against all of your rationalizations on how X is really Z and so on and so forth. Have your kool-aid. I like keeping it simple. If it quacks like a duck, then it is a duck. That's my new innovative contribution to socionics.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. Type yourself ESE too.
    If you saw the state of my apartment you would not be saying this.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know better than to argue against all of your rationalizations on how X is really Z and so on and so forth. Have your kool-aid. I like keeping it simple. If it quacks like a duck, then it is a duck. That's my new innovative contribution to socionics.
    Well the problem with this sort of mentality is that you have to know what to look at. Yes socionics is simple. But as a wise man once told me on here... "socionic functions are not actions". This is sort of what you are trying to do--associating certain actions with an IE. A particular action can be a manifestation of many different IEs... the challenge is in teasing out what the underlying motivation is and this is what socionics deals with. Information processing that goes on in the mind, not necessarily the actions/behaviors produced.

So in that sense socionics is less simple than just superficially assigning interests/behaviors/actions/professions to an IE. But heck otherwise it wouldn't be fun. You can sometimes infer things about their preferred IEs from those choices, but you really have to look at the context and the bigger picture to even attempt to do so.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in no way associated with socionix.com, this is the second time I've seen you do this to invalidate my argument and it pisses me off because it implies I'm part of some hivemind without the ability to think for myself.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recuse myself from this thread because I'd like for her to be ILE.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She has this irritating Exxp energy in the way she talks, almost like her tongue can't keep up with her train of thought. She's scattered, messy and all over the place and I often get the same vibe from other Eps where I want to grab them by the shoulders and shake them violently screaming "STOP TALKING". I can't see Fe-dom, she's expressive alright but it's a lot less directed and focused compared to Ej types. For example:

Look at even though she's playing the "dumb stoner" stereotype, it's a lot more deliberate than Bullock. She's collected and aware of how she's coming across as and not at all scattered like the former.

Lastly, I don't think she's an F-type because her default expression is too cold and whenever she smiles it looks forced and unnatural to me. Fe-doms look a lot warmer and more welcoming.

VS.

On a final note, I refuse to believe as clumsy and annoying Sandra Bullock is, she could be anything other than Fi-polr.

/2cents

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent post above, Radio ^^

But one thing i do want to comment on is that her clumsiness is more likely from her Ne-dom than her Fi-POLR. Are you talking physical clumsiness or social clumsiness?

p.s. oh also that guy next to Jennifer Lopez (the pic with americanidol.com on it) looks pretty strikingly IEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in no way associated with socionix.com, this is the second time I've seen you do this to invalidate my argument and it pisses me off because it implies I'm part of some hivemind without the ability to think for myself.
    Even if you came up with that typing independently, it's still trying to be too original. I shit on the creativity. It has that special socionix wtfness like Feynman and Bam Maguera as EIEs, for example. All of which break my new holy rule of "Keep it simple".

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But one thing i do want to comment on is that her clumsiness is more likely from her Ne-dom than her Fi-POLR. Are you talking physical clumsiness or social clumsiness?
    Social.

p.s. oh also that guy next to Jennifer Lopez (the pic with americanidol.com on it) looks pretty strikingly IEE, not ESE
    His name is Adam Lambert, I type him Fe-ENFj. You should look him up I bet you'll change your mind about ENFp, lol.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if you came up with that typing independently, it's still trying to be too original. I shit on the creativity. It has that special socionix wtfness like Feynman and Bam Maguera as EIEs, for example. All of which break my new holy rule of "Keep it simple".
    Huh???? Not at all...

Wow... you are beta. IEI to be exact. Isn't ti-HA about keeping things simple? And disdain for creativity = Ne-disvaluing. Not to mention obvious devaluing of Te, opting for a simple explanation over the actual reality.

in other words "well, my simple rules are going to have to explain her type" even if they dont.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Social.

His name is Adam Lambert, I type him Fe-ENFj. You should look him up I bet you'll change your mind about ENFp, lol.

Hmmm, will have to do! I dont know the guy...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sandra bullock is IEE. she's goofy in a zany endearing way, dunno i don't see her as ILE.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    sandra bullock is IEE. she's goofy in a zany endearing way, dunno i don't see her as ILE.
    I like the sound of that! her

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

She does sound like a Logical, Process type from her quotes, so ILE is a good possibility.

- I don't like guys who will lie down and take it. I want someone who'll fight back. I like people who can argue well.
    - I know I'm not easy to deal with. I'm controlling, and I want everything orderly, and I need lists. My mind goes a mile a minute. I'm difficult on every single level. I'm aware that I can be annoying.
    - Women should do a lot more fighting. I don't think it's fair that we can't get into a good bar fight once in a while. We'd get out a lot of stuff we're supposed to repress.
    - I like to iron. Ironing is comfort. It's control. I'm a nutty person who likes to make sure everything is in its place. I am a big ball of high energy and organization and structure. Don't forget, I'm half-German.
    - Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it’s the middle that counts. You have to remember this when you find yourself at the beginning.
    - I never did anything according to what anyone else wanted. That's why I think I am happy. I do everything 100% — even my stupidest missteps. I know when I'm getting ready to mess up, I'm going to do it full-on.
    - I have to fight every single day to live my true life. I don't ever want to come home saying, "I should have spoken my mind. I shouldn't have let someone say something that I didn't feel was right."
    what would your uncreative, unoriginal typing of her be?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maritsa didn't post in this one yet. Werd.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    what would your uncreative, unoriginal typing of her be?
    Didn't I already say ESE?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my impression's ESE. I watched the Charlie Rose interview, one of the Letterman appearances, and two of the Ellen appearances. that really explains everything.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Didn't I already say ESE?
    an ESE who likes to argue and fight? that's just way too much imagination used for her typing

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an ESE who likes to argue and fight? that's just way too much imagination used for her typing
    Now I'm tempted to talk about ESEs in general, but I won't.

Not sure what you mean about her though. Does she argue a lot or something?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Now I'm tempted to talk about ESEs in general, but I won't.

Not sure what you mean about her though. Does she argue a lot or something?
    I've quoted some of her statements a few posts above, and yeah, she does say that she like people who argue back at her in addition to saying that "women should do a lot more fighting". Afaik this kind of atmosphere that is permeated by conflict tends to be rather unpleasant for ESEs.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the common consensus on her type is SEI, but I've not thought deeply about it myself. Love her as an actress though.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've quoted some of her statements a few posts above, and yeah, she does say that she like people who argue back at her in addition to saying that "women should do a lot more fighting". Afaik this kind of atmosphere that is permeated by conflict tends to be rather unpleasant for ESEs.
    Fair enough. That is worth thinking about.

I don't think they thrive in conflict either, but from my p.o.v., they still comment or try to regulate things in ways that spark conflict . Like they have plenty of opinions on what's "crazy" or negative.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-Fe

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type her SLE. She has such a manly jawline. She looks just like Charlie Sheen, just in a female format.

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with Ne-ILE

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems so unique that it has always been hard for me to compare her to others to discern a type.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9w1?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    SLI
    Yeah most likely, SLI 9w8