Thread: Come and Type Me

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Come and Type Me

This is such a bad typing video because my thoughts are so disorganized, but I guess it'll have to do. I was also rushing through the questions because I didn't want the video to be ridiculously long.
    Last edited by egocentriceccentric; 02-20-2018 at 07:44 AM.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE is my first impression from first 2 seconds of the video. You have that characteristic salesman like smile of LIE. Going deeper in the video there are few confirmation of it. You definitely speak about Ni like making up stories inside the head, and you also speak a lot about Thinking. The second guess would be ILI.
    You also speak a lot about introversion, maybe you are ILI or LIE-Ni type. At your age I was also very introverted and shy regardless I am extroverted in socionics.
    You also speak a lot like ILE but you don't VI as one of them.
    You also mentioned similar interests as LIE friend of mine, like starting company, math, economics.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LIE. creative with demonstrative. Logic base.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Im going to take other side than you guys and say EII. x) https://youtu.be/cDjSIwXKIec?t=938

I would say IEI if not the delta vibe.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is LIE too.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I never thought of myself as a rational type, but reading the description for LIE-Ni, it seems to mostly fit. The only things from the description I read that I can't seem to relate to at all are "Bravely tackles implementing new ideas to life," and "Tries to do everything in time and feels very worried when he sees that he cannot accomplish everything by the deadlines. He is often in a hurry himself, and hurries and urges others. Negatively refers to those who are lazy, who seek convenience and enjoyment." I often have trouble getting started with implementing my ideas, and I don't really get worried by deadlines. I'm a pretty nonchalant person, and a lot of times I'll procrastinate on schoolwork that is due tomorrow and not feel a single bit of worry. And I'm also a pretty lazy person (at least with things I don't care about) and pretty enjoyment-focused, so I don't judge people who are.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb IEI

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I test as an ILE

2018-02-20.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I test as LIE. It's because I am Ti subtype and because of this I am more Judging than Perceiving in the tests. These tests are not reliable if the subtype is not the main type.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egocentriceccentric View Post
    I test as an ILE

2018-02-20.png
    Your tabs are almoust as plentiful as mine.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    I test as LIE. It's because I am Ti subtype and because of this I am more Judging than Perceiving in the tests. These tests are not reliable if the subtype is not the main type.
    Still, in the other possible types section it says

1. LII (INTj) 82% as likely as ILE
    2. IEE (ENFp) 56% as likely as ILE
    3. LSE (ESTp) 51% as likely as ILE

If LIE is my type, would it not be listed here under the other possible types? Maybe I'm giving the test too much credit, but I'd like to believe it wouldn't be THAT inaccurate.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Your tabs are almoust as plentiful as mine.
    I was hoping someone would notice lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I test as an ILE
    http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still, in the other possible types section it says

1. LII (INTj) 82% as likely as ILE
    2. IEE (ENFp) 56% as likely as ILE
    3. LSE (ESTp) 51% as likely as ILE

If LIE is my type, would it not be listed here under the other possible types? Maybe I'm giving the test too much credit, but I'd like to believe it wouldn't be THAT inaccurate.
    Some of the personality traits are very visible at work were there's pressure and high demands and people are working hard. This is where my ENTp-Ti shows up only, and not at school or home. Maybe because you are young you haven't became what you ought to be. My LIE friend who sit in front of me who has same facial expressions and movements as you, is very calm and relaxed guy, but when there's pressure like some major fault he becomes very nervious, waves his hands, talks a lot, orders people around and impatiently wants for results.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    2018-02-22.png

I keep thinking that how I answer these questions depends on my environment and mindset. Maybe if I was doing this test at a different point in time my results would've been different.

In order of strength my functions were Ne > Ni > Se > Te > Ti > Fe > Si > Fi
    Last edited by egocentriceccentric; 02-22-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I keep thinking that how I answer these questions depends on my environment and mindset.
    As you know the theory - this may influence on your answers.
    You may try my IR test, just as a different approach. It uses all 16 types ranking. Sometimes this test helped.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LIE works, I relate to the part about not wanting to get a job and go to work for your whole life, but rather start your own company and do your own thing. In any case, I see nothing that contradicts LIE, but I watched six and half minutes into the video and it didn't seem super clear either. Keep in mind you are fairly young, and personally many more stereotypical LIE behaviors only started appearing when I became active in the real world. You said you see yourself as lazy, I see myself that way too, but keep in mind the words from this really good description of LIE written by a dual:

Many LIEs consider themselves lazy, although in reality they really love being active and working
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...Stratiyevskaya

I see myself as lazy but when I become active at least with something I enjoy, with a sense of direction and that I'm going somewhere, that is really activating.

I also think the part about telling yourself stories in your head seemed very Ni.

You say your thoughts are badly organized but they don't appear that way, it's something I myself tend to repeat alot too, that I can't get my thoughts organized, yet other people tell me that is not the case.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF you are not LIE, then you are probably IEI. Definitely intuition and probably Ni ego, but merry > serious (based on your test results). Also irrational > rational.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes. Some IEI-ish stuff. I can't really fathom IEI taking over those kind of challenges. His "hobbies" are clearly logical. Well it is pretty clear that people might see you as IEI on cursory glance. That is the supervision relation in itself where especially supervisor might look like their their supervisee on surface level. I think IEI would be a stretch, tough.

You have drive to go there and make something happen especially in business and carve your own path . You show wide interests but you seem to take very researcher kind of interests towards it possibly to help you to accomplish your goals. Seeking something in order to get some sort of systematic comprehension seems to be secondary (which is not very alpha NT).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read anything, but I will go with the username and my guts and will say it's E out there. And enneagram 3. Sorry it's common here to go with stereotypes, I just try to fit in.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he says he do not like to and doesnt organize his external environment and you suggest extroverted thinking type? Whats your logic here?

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    LIE works, I relate to the part about not wanting to get a job and go to work for your whole life, but rather start your own company and do your own thing. In any case, I see nothing that contradicts LIE, but I watched six and half minutes into the video and it didn't seem super clear either. Keep in mind you are fairly young, and personally many more stereotypical LIE behaviors only started appearing when I became active in the real world. You said you see yourself as lazy, I see myself that way too, but keep in mind the words from this really good description of LIE written by a dual:

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...Stratiyevskaya

I see myself as lazy but when I become active at least with something I enjoy, with a sense of direction and that I'm going somewhere, that is really activating.

I also think the part about telling yourself stories in your head seemed very Ni.

You say your thoughts are badly organized but they don't appear that way, it's something I myself tend to repeat alot too, that I can't get my thoughts organized, yet other people tell me that is not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    My guess is LIE too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    LIE. creative with demonstrative. Logic base.
    Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    LIE is my first impression from first 2 seconds of the video. You have that characteristic salesman like smile of LIE. Going deeper in the video there are few confirmation of it. You definitely speak about Ni like making up stories inside the head, and you also speak a lot about Thinking. The second guess would be ILI.
    You also speak a lot about introversion, maybe you are ILI or LIE-Ni type. At your age I was also very introverted and shy regardless I am extroverted in socionics.
    You also speak a lot like ILE but you don't VI as one of them.
    You also mentioned similar interests as LIE friend of mine, like starting company, math, economics.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    So he says he do not like to and doesnt organize his external environment and you suggest extroverted thinking type? Whats your logic here?
    He's a teenager. Do you know many teenagers who like to organize their environment?

Don't you think it's a little hasty to type someone baed on one thing they say? Especially when they are at an age when you don't really know yourself and not everything you say should be taken at face value?

Also, I think the correlation between and organizing one's environment is overdone anyways. Not sure such a thing is type related in socionics, sounds like MBTI. Organizing your environment is a behavior, and socionics is not about behavior, but about the cognitive process one values, which in turn influences your behavior one way or another.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a teenager. Do you know many teenagers who like to organize their environment?

Don't you think it's a little hasty to type someone baed on one thing they say? Especially when they are at an age when you don't really know yourself and not everything you say should be taken at face value?

Also, I think the correlation between and organizing one's environment is overdone anyways. Not sure such a thing is type related in socionics, sounds like MBTI. Organizing your environment is a behavior, and socionics is not about behavior, but about the cognitive process one values, which in turn influences your behavior one way or another.
    Well Maybe. Since he is a teenager maybe he shouldnt be typed at all? We type him based on what he say.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well Maybe. Since he is a teenager maybe he shouldnt be typed at all? We type him based on what he say.
    Sometimes I think people focus too much on what people say.

I mean, it's an internet forum, so sometimes what people say is all we have to go by but I think people take things at face value way too much. My point is that people don't always know themselves. Sometimes they think they are a certain way, but they may actually be the opposite. The mistake people make is that they think "if you know the theory, everything will fall into place", but knowing the theory is just one half of the equation, you also have to know yourself. I can't stress this enough. Sometimes a person will think themselves a certain way and say they are a certain way, which can be misleading if you have nothing else to go by. Not saying the OP is more out of touch with himself than anyone else, though.

Not saying he shouldn't be typed at all, but I think any typings before one's brain is fully developped at 22-ish should be taken with a grain of salt, and that includes the things I've said.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I think people focus too much on what people say.

I mean, it's an internet forum, so sometimes what people say is all we have to go by but I think people take things at face value way too much. My point is that people don't always know themselves. Sometimes they think they are a certain way, but they may actually be the opposite. The mistake peoplemake is that if you know the theory, everything will fall into place, but knowing the theory is just one half of the equation, you also have to know yourself. I can't stress this enough. Sometimes a person will think themselves a certain way and say they are a certain way, which can be misleading if you have nothing else to go by.

Not saying he shouldn't be typed at all, but I think any typings before one's brain is fully developped at 22-ish should be taken with a grain of salt, and that includes the things I've said.
    If we can't use what people say or do, how do you propose to type them at all?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    If we can't use what people say or do, how do you propose to type them at all?

By asking the Ni gods of course. We summon thee, !

As for the OP, I'm in the exact same situation. Being a teenager seriously gets in the way of your introspection. I still haven't settled on a type. Regardless, my own N, whatever it is, says NT for you. Will edit this post later if I reach a conclussion or find other stuff that might help.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    By asking the Ni gods of course. We summon thee, !

As for the OP, I'm in the exact same situation. Being a teenager seriously gets in the way of your introspection. I still haven't settled on a type. Regardless, my own N, whatever it is, says NT for you. Will edit this post later if I reach a conclussion or find other stuff that might help.
    If you met me or knew me in real life, my focuses and how I've lived my life, you would know that I am sensing type an N is a silly type for me. As for my type, I'm comfortable with the one I have and have no need to change it.

With that in mind, you don't have to write anything else, because, like you say, you'd call on 'Ni' which would just be making make believe about me, rather than what's real

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    If you met me or knew me in real life, my focuses and how I've lived my life, you would know that I am sensing type an N is a silly type for me. As for my type, I'm comfortable with the one I have and have no need to change it.

With that in mind, you don't have to write anything else, because, like you say, you'd call on 'Ni' which would just be making make believe about me, rather than what's real
    I'm not typing you, silly, I'm typing the OP (egocentric-something guy). I don't know anything about your type, so enjoy your SLIness .
    I quoted you because of the 'How do you propose to type people if they don't talk?' question. The rest of my reply was for the beloved poster of this thread.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Since he is a teenager maybe he shouldnt be typed at all?
    As the type exists it is expressed in the behavior and hence he may to be typed.
    I did not changed own self-perception much since 16 y.o. At least, in nonverbal the type may be seen since early years (> 2 yo).