Thread: Is this a good example of Si?

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Is this a good example of Si?

-
    Last edited by Reyne; 04-03-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Can feeling diabetes through vision alone be Si?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ah I know this. Interesting thread. In Germany we do distinguish between "weich" and "hart" water for instance. It's close to what sharpness means. I get the impression when a certain water is cold in particular. To me the sharpest is some trendy-ass Fiji drink, I tried it once, it didn't disappoint though, it has a certain feeling with your teeth that makes you think you slice it. To me a spoon is just agh, sweeping! There's elegance because it's the only completely rounded cutlery and it's dull. I imagine a fluffy soufflé or a creamy soup with that. That feeling when you dip it somewhere. Yoghurt especially. How can you not like it!!! And the fork is just heh, stabbing it good you know what I'm saying. Neptune's trident #realness. And then the knife is just really giving you that feeling of this acute-- I don't know, severity like when you cut sausages it's just grueling almost. Knives are my enemies, forks: problematic favorite.

And yes! That's very especially since other people might not get the same impression that you do. is just plain visible to all.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I get some feelings like that but I don't know if they're just pangs of sensory OCD.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to type you IEI- was picking up on the Ip ness, and making a guess. All the things you say could be Si related as raw information. Still it might not be Si related to you because you need to know where it stands for you as an over all pattern.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, in English we say water is hard or soft. Lots of water that comes out of municiple taps is hard, unless it has been softened at processing or a person owns a water softener. Pursuing, putting forth concerted effort to change the environment as a life pattern, might indictate Si valuing.

—->even then its not totally clear if you are Si base because other types do this kinda stuff, but its secondary, or tertiary- in the background. Its all about life patterns. How much does your awareness go to this information, the why and the how.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does sound like Si information but it tells me nothing about whether you value it or not.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think could be Si related, but as wacey says, other types can do similar stuff so its not necessarily Si base. F.e. I usually catch intuitives (not gamma, they eat everything, guess due Te practicallity) with lot of "conditions" when eating (kinda ridiculous and related to associatons and imaginations), like dont eating cherry tomato because of how it explodes in the mouth and giving them the idea of eating a pimple. Or throwing away good food just because it has a small black spot etc, so it must be that its all rotten and putrid inside. (And why not cutting to make sure if its rotten or not instead of throwing it already?) They have tons of imagination, and often weak Si

I get the examples you are saying, though. I feel water hard and soft, like there are different marks of water and some feels hard in the belly when you drink them and some soft or light. Tastes change too.

The fork thing is spot on. I like eating cake with small spoons, forks, especially metal forks feels unpleasant to me. Then I like some kind of spoons for soup, big spoons made of metal with a very well formed curvy shape and slim rounded edges. Anyway, forks doesnt prevent me to eat cake. I'll eat it if its good and no other reason of importance is in the middle.

Edit. I'll add some about valued Si or info about it later probably.

However this sounds like 4DSi

What I wanted to explain is that I don't care about changing the environment, because it's not something i think about, or notice. I change the environment only when I want to make it more comfortable. And I tend to be unorthodox about it, especially aesthetically.
    Valued 1DSi types dont care for making stuff confortable for them or others, they can't without direction. They can stay months suffering or with impractical solutions instead of doing evident small changes.They value Si, though.
    Last edited by Hope; 01-31-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fussing over drinking/eating can be more an N thing. It's difficult to tell from your post if it's Si base related. Sometimes I like to eat with forks and stuff, often I'm too lazy to cook, end up with a takeaway and lounge on the couch. Creative Si - esp ESE are the real daddies when it comes to cooking.

Anyway, your post, it's difficult to tell if it's Si base or weak S, but for sure water tastes different. Stuff that's great is remembering how good a cold glass tastes when you're thirsty. Sometimes I long for the warm days and the healthy body even with some exercise to recreate that sensation.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Summing up:
    Using improper adjectives to describe strongly perceived sensations=Si information
    Telling you love things when the Si information fits your liking=/=valuing Si information?

By this I don't mean you're at a fault. Saying you value Si just because you like pleasant typical Si things would be like saying that it's impossible for a Ne valuer to follow a great plan for the future, since it would be typical Ni stuff.
    The fact that you aren't very good at articulating what it is you like about these sensations suggests to me more that you have weak Si, not strong Si.

An SLI is generally going to describe things in a concrete manner, using Si and Te. This kind of vague or abstract way of communicating is more characteristic of intuitive types, especially Ni egos.

So my initial provocation was obviously stupid. But we agree on the fact that it's Si information. So now, how could you understand if you value Si or not, using these informations? Is wacey's method the only one? Thinking about patterns I mean. Couldn't we find a different way?
    ? It seems like you're asking the same question again. You already posted a video that told me quite a bit about your values.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    It does sound like Si information but it tells me nothing about whether you value it or not.
    Love your bedside manner ; )

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Some kinds of water are super sharp.
    You may deal with synesthesia.
    And on your photo you look as N type, so your S may work in strange ways with more chance.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can be Si. These impressions are hard to describe so one just assigns some adjective to it.

We used to have this "game" with my ESE sister when we were kids. We had certain objects that we liked because they had a "pleasant density" and we had our own word for that. Then we picked up different objects and valued them according to this. It was very surrealistic when I think back on it. Nobody would have know what we were doing.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 01-31-2018 at 09:09 PM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some kinds of water are super sharp. I love them. They have a really nice consistency.
    Yes, water can be really sharp. I provide an example for water which is really sharp.

But I don't anybody want to expierence that kind of sharpness at any part of a living creature, especially themselves.

Did I just mixed some to the ? Ok, I'll better cut the rail of this rerailment with that tool.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^ That water was mixed with abrasive.

However, your point is well-taken. The water molecule is incredibly hard, as evidenced by the fact that a high pressure jet of water alone will cut through many materials.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the water is mixed with abrasive. A lot of material can be cut with pure water, though.
    Did you know water turns soild at room temperature by raising the pressure above 140,000 PSI?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Now that I've de-railed the thread, let me re-rail it.

My SLI ex-wife is an Si-dom and I'm Si-PoLR, so I'm observing her from a gulf of understanding, if not a gulf of appreciation.

She spends a lot of time getting her surroundings both attractive and comfortable. One of the reasons I married her was her bronze and crystal Stiffel lamps and her shower curtain, the latter which was a loose, coarse cotton weave with a pattern of blue willows with gray stems on a white background. She also came with a solid silver utensil set which we used as everyday silverware. And table cloths with place settings, etc. A million different things which just added up to a very pleasant, comfortable space. My belief is that when someone demonstrates this level of obsession with something, they are doing it because they are extremely sensitive to it and it makes a huge difference to them.

My feelings were that it was all very nice, but not something that I could or would do.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Love your bedside manner ; )
    Forgive me if I seem curt but I don't understand why someone would do a very lengthy video questionnaire, get input on it, then completely ignore that input and resort to using random clues to determine their type.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive me if I seem curt but I don't understand why someone would do a very lengthy video questionnaire, get input on it, then completely ignore that input and resort to using random clues to determine their type.
    Nah I wasn't seeing any of that. It was more humorous than anything. Very intuitive thinker 'esqe'.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

The fact he bothered to come up with this thread and write about Si in detail speaks for valuing > non-valuing.

I'd have to say, based on this thread he seems Si HA af.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can think of at least 8 different reasons someone might want to know more about Si, and Si clarification for Si valuing reasons is only 1 of those

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I can think of at least 8 different reasons someone might want to know more about Si, and Si clarification for Si valuing reasons is only 1 of those
    Okay, tell me the reasons.

It is entirely untypical for an Si Role person (or some other non Si valuing type) to come up with a thread like this one. They simply don't care. He isn't just trying to define the definition of Si, but rather sharing his experience of it. Why would a non-Si valuing person want to do that? They just don't care. I don't know of any Ni lead individual who would bother with this.

Especially this sounds like EII 4 af:

1) Some kinds of water are super sharp. I love them. They have a really nice consistency. When I talk about this with someone, they rarely understand. They think all the water is the same, and those who know they are not the same, don't really get what I mean

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

2) EVERYBODY typed me as SLI, from the questionnaire answers. So I had to dig deeper. And from the pictures everybody typed me as a sensor too. Not a single N typing. I feel more an intuitive tbh, but I may confuse this with Ne-seeking;
    Pointing at Delta values + NF (especially EII. Si HA, much?).

2) I'm not a socionist. I like socionics, but I like MBTI too. And also enneagram. Inside my head I tend to mix them all, and add personal rules. So pardon if I like to talk about these "random clues", but it's my method to learn more about the functions, and also a way (I think) to add useful information;
    Mixing = Ne.
    Adding "personal rules" (in this case) = Fi.
    "Random clues" etc. = Ne Creative + Ni Demonstrative
    "adding useful information" = Te valuing and/or E5 inclination

3) The reason I made more videos is that I felt a different person each time. Now I feel again a different person, and don't see myself in the videos (if I recall correctly. I removed the videos a while ago);
    Type 4. Image type. Image tied to one's emotional experience.

4) I'm having fun. I try using different methods to get various answers. I like stimulating answers, and the journey to learn my type. Learning my type is interesting too for me, but just put a typing in my profile wouldn't be really funny to me. I don't believe I'll ever believe my type is correct, and even if I would like this to be different, I accepted it.
    Sounds like a mix of Ne Creative / not valuing Ni as well as a doubting 6 fix.

Okay, sorry if you don't like my dissecting of everything you've said here, but your post/this thread in combination with your self typing and your profile made me think EII Type 4w5 almost immediately, and the above basically seems to support my view.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, you could have asked from the start!:

1) I got tons of different typings from videos: ILI, LII, IEI, SLI, and I'm forgetting the others. We didn't reach a conclusion. I got no problem admitting my ignorance VI vice. If I have to elaborate about my typing, I can't do it with the infinite feedback I got from the videos. I gave it a shot, but each time I got different conclusions, even from the same people. Sorry if you see this as completely ignoring the input, but what am I suppose to do? I'm not good at VI other people and myself, so if we talk about videos, I have to listen to you and accept your answers. Now, tell me how I should type myself using the feedback on the videos if the typings are so different one from the other;
    What you should do is ignore all the poorly-reasoned typings. Everybody is going to post an opinion but it should be obvious that some people aren't worth listening to. Only a few people gave opinions on your questionnaire video (link for convenience) and they were pretty much all in the same ballpark. Nobody ever suggested that you were a sensing type or extroverted of any kind.

2) EVERYBODY typed me as SLI, from the questionnaire answers. So I had to dig deeper. And from the pictures everybody typed me as a sensor too. Not a single N typing. I feel more an intuitive tbh, but I may confuse this with Ne-seeking;
    This one?
    1) that questionnaire isn't very good
    2) only a few people thought you were SLI
    3) the same comments above, some of those people are pretty new to socionics and recently made threads asking for input on their own types
    4) video questionnaire is stronger evidence than a written one. In your video you said you "hate paperwork, everyday stuff, prefers to "focus on the big picture", hate thinking about small things" -- this is the antithesis of an SLI.
    5) Your answers definitely are not unambiguously SLI, I see a lot of things that would be hard to reconcile with that typing.

2) I'm not a socionist. I like socionics, but I like MBTI too. And also enneagram. Inside my head I tend to mix them all, and add personal rules. So pardon if I like to talk about these "random clues", but it's my method to learn more about the functions, and also a way (I think) to add useful information;

3) The reason I made more videos is that I felt a different person each time. Now I feel again a different person, and don't see myself in the videos (if I recall correctly. I removed the videos a while ago);
    All of this suggests that you don't have strong logic, it would make sense if you were an Fe ego type though.

4) I'm having fun. I try using different methods to get various answers. I like stimulating answers, and the journey to learn my type. Learning my type is interesting too for me, but just put a typing in my profile wouldn't be really funny to me. I don't believe I'll ever believe my type is correct, and even if I would like this to be different, I accepted it.
    ok, then have fun I guess.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

IIRC I settled with LII for you but it's true that from the initial questionnaire I thought of SLI for some reason.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, for example adding some ions etc makes water behave differently in those terms (also temperature, pressure...). Never noticed it myself. Just something I have accepted as there are technologies developed due to it. It is not hard to test it, though.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Now that I've de-railed the thread, let me re-rail it.

My SLI ex-wife is an Si-dom and I'm Si-PoLR, so I'm observing her from a gulf of understanding, if not a gulf of appreciation.

She spends a lot of time getting her surroundings both attractive and comfortable. One of the reasons I married her was her bronze and crystal Stiffel lamps and her shower curtain, the latter which was a loose, coarse cotton weave with a pattern of blue willows with gray stems on a white background. She also came with a solid silver utensil set which we used as everyday silverware. And table cloths with place settings, etc. A million different things which just added up to a very pleasant, comfortable space. My belief is that when someone demonstrates this level of obsession with something, they are doing it because they are extremely sensitive to it and it makes a huge difference to them.

My feelings were that it was all very nice, but not something that I could or would do.
    I can only imagine the intense chemistry you must have felt with those objects if they lead you to marry her.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My belief is that when someone demonstrates this level of obsession with something, they are doing it because they are extremely sensitive to it and it makes a huge difference to them.
    this is really true, I like this

I mean in the abstract its like duh, of course, but its easy to lose track of when you actually start dealing with people since its easy to gloss over things you don't particularly value and assume they're being dumb or whatever it is can't possibly be that important, i.e.: that they see something you don't. I think there's so much to learn from peoples obsession into whatever it is and a lot of time its just sort of dismissed and its like even if you don't value it, the fact that they took all the time to produce whatever it is means you don't have to, and you can benefit from a huge amount of effort in a compressed time frame if you just let them teach you a thing or two
    Last edited by Bertrand; 03-13-2018 at 06:35 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I can only imagine the intense chemistry you must have felt with those objects if they lead you to marry her.
    Interesting perspective on what I wrote, @Aylen. The ironic fact is, I still have them long after she is gone.

But you have to have some reasons for marrying, right? You may be conscious of those reasons and you may not be. I was doing the not-entirely-conscious reason thing.

My mother had Stiffel lamps, and my IEI aunt, who loved me when my mother didn't, had great taste in decorating, so I associated those things with family and love and marriage. (See your local computer for more information on how Te-doms see relationships.) I had been going through completely unsuitable girlfriends like Kleenex, but was getting tired of the mess and the crazies and wanted someone who would be stable and familiar. (Please remember that I had no female duals in my life, ever.)

Most people marry one of their parents, and I did, too. That my ex-wife subconsciously reminded me of my father, but was a better version of him, should not be held against me. I'll bet money that you, yourself, have a relationship or two like that in your past or your future.

I also don't think it is bad to compromise on some things in a relationship, especially if you don't know what might be optimal for you. That would be like criticizing a person for taking a job that wasn't the best job for them, but which was better than the last few jobs they had. And I'll bet you've done that, too.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Interesting perspective on what I wrote, @Aylen. The ironic fact is, I still have them long after she is gone.

But you have to have some reasons for marrying, right? You may be conscious of those reasons and you may not be. I was doing the not-entirely-conscious reason thing.

My mother had Stiffel lamps, and my IEI aunt, who loved me when my mother didn't, had great taste in decorating, so I associated those things with family and love and marriage. (See your local computer for more information on how Te-doms see relationships.) I had been going through completely unsuitable girlfriends like Kleenex, but was getting tired of the mess and the crazies and wanted someone who would be stable and familiar. (Please remember that I had no female duals in my life, ever.)

Most people marry one of their parents, and I did, too. That my ex-wife subconsciously reminded me of my father, but was a better version of him, should not be held against me. I'll bet money that you, yourself, have a relationship or two like that in your past or your future.

I also don't think it is bad to compromise on some things in a relationship, especially if you don't know what might be optimal for you. That would be like criticizing a person for taking a job that wasn't the best job for them, but which was better than the last few jobs they had. And I'll bet you've done that, too.
    Sorry you felt you had to defend your choice to marry her. It wasn't meant as a criticism of the quality of love you had for her at the time as you didn't mention that in your post. Just the objects of comfort and familiarity... you also portray her as an object, "She also came with a solid silver utensil set which we used as everyday silverware." My car came with a nice sound system...

It's just your way of choosing a long term partner is so foreign to me. Seemed impersonal enough that I felt compelled to respond. Like when my (ex) ILI said we could marry so I could have health insurance. I didn't find it too appealing put that way but yeah it was a practical suggestion and he was sp first. At least the first time he gave me a ring it was on my birthday and was sweet at least for him. The second time was meh. If I was dying I might have taken him up on it right then. If that is what Te looks like then that is what it looks like.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    It's just your way of choosing a long term partner is so foreign to me.
    There may be huge difference between what we think about reasons we do something and the real reasons. Adam have found a part of the puzzle - some material associations with his past, but this mb just a small corner of what happened. That's why this may look so strangely important for him, cause the real importance is lesser.

Having the mentioned base Te, I may add here. I choose women (with serious intentions) by my heart, primarily. She should emotionally inspire me on achievements and make me feeling warm and pleasant light near my heart. Where should appear the image of her personality which spreads on the rest of me. I introject personalities of women I love and the degree in which this makes me happy and assured - I think that as my woman, I can trust her and ready to spend my life near her.
    While what says Adam is very different to how I choose. Even if he was so tired that wanted to find just someone reliable and associations with peaceful childhood could to lead him, I anyway doubt that was so meaningful as he describes. There should be [also] other strong reasons of material or spiritual profit. In case that was a rivisor - mb he tried to jump higher as a person in that time, while revisors are often perceived as a model for such changes. I like my ILI revisors ( though in ILI women I anyway mostly see... cute women ) as persons - as they are calm when I'm not, hence I understand they are stronger in those situations and this gives my respect to them. Mb Adam have noticed same and wanted near a person to grow above himself.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    There may be huge difference between what we think about reasons we do something and the real reasons. Adam have found a part of the puzzle - some material associations with his past, but this mb just a small corner of what happened. That's why this may look so strangely important for him, cause the real importance is lesser.

Having the mentioned base Te, I may add here. I choose women (with serious intentions) by my heart, primarily. She should emotionally inspire me on achievements and make me feeling warm and pleasant light near my heart. Where should appear the image of her personality which spreads on the rest of me. I introject personalities of women I love and the degree in which this makes me happy and assured - I think that as my woman, I can trust her and ready to spend my life near her.
    While what says Adam is very different to how I choose. Even if he was so tired that wanted to find just someone reliable and associations with peaceful childhood could to lead him, I anyway doubt that was so meaningful as he describes. There should be [also] other strong reasons of material or spiritual profit. In case that was a rivisor - mb he tried to jump higher as a person in that time, while revisors are often perceived as a model for such changes. I like my ILI revisors ( though in ILI women I anyway mostly see... cute women ) as persons - as they are calm when I'm not, hence I understand they are stronger in those situations and this gives my respect to them. Mb Adam have noticed same and wanted near a person to grow above himself.
    Very perceptive, @Sol. I did want to “grow above myself “ when I met her. I had been in a very dark place for a few years before I met her. So had she been. We believed in each other and supported each other, and we gave each other a stable, secure place to live, and we both started rising in the world. Within two years of getting married, she started getting significant advances in the University, I started my first business, and we had a son. And we both had in the other someone who loved us, was absolutely faithful, and upon whom we could rely.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me its more about social comfort, how much emphasis you put on it. Things like a spoon being softer than a fork is a big 'duh' but I still wouldn't want somebody to jam a spoon in my eye.