Thread: All perceptions are true, but that does not make perception reality

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default All perceptions are true, but that does not make perception reality

I guess what I hate most about the theory, is that people have this 'naturally inferior/superior' way of viewing the functions, like as if certain functions were just naturally better than others. They don't just do this with the functions they themselves have, but objectively they use it for all functions, creating within it either a superiority complex or an inferiority complex that keeps them distant and removed from the outside world.

It's bothersome because like, objectively they think Te as straight and manly and more 'badass' than Ti, and like....well I'll just show you the list, with my own touch. (I never mean actual homosexuality or straightness when I make these jokes, at least not this time...just more of the cultural perception of the words)

Te: Straight and bad-ass
    Ti: Faggy and weak
    Se: Straight and bad-ass
    Si: Faggy and weak
    Ni: Straight and bad-ass
    Ne: Faggy and weak
    Fi: Straight and bad-ass
    Fe: Faggy and weak

Now, this isn't true, functions are so natural in nature that no function can ever be inherently BETTER than another, yet nobody seems to get that. And societies differ a lot from one area to the next, it's just whoever has the power in THAT particular town, the people are going to either be self-confident or not confident depending on the psychological energy of the leaders in the city. I mean really, people like to think they can be 'self-confident' anywhere but I think that's kind of not true, social energy exchange is so potent.

Artists don't really like it when perception becomes reality IMO, naturally artists understand the whole objective reality better than most people. (People think it's the other way around, but it really isn't) It's non-artists and non-talented people that frequently view reality as a thing shaped by their perceptions. But then again almost all laws and rules and 'artificial crap' people create, they're all basing it on their own perceptions. And everybody but them and their little clique pays the price. This is also part of the reason why nobody can forgive sex offenses and when 'wrong stuff happens.' The punishment rarely fits the crime.

/endrant

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

so naturally non-artists are trying to control/dictate/make rules for the world, they're trying to 'govern the world' and artists are trying to revolutionize the people where our own subjective needs can really in fact, be met without stepping on others. Because your own perceptions are true, they just can't ever be reality. It's actually not contradictory.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In what way are all perceptions true?

Do you mean that it's true that all perceptions are perceived?

As per what you said about socionics, I think most people realize that no element is better than another, though they may not always depict it as such. It's not easy to do that.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Ti suffers from an image problem. The ability to maintain a strong core of internalized beliefs is one of the most distinct features of masculinity. Even something like Se lends itself to being used in feminine ways, but when a person sounds off their Ti, they end up sounding male by default.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course. All perceptions are true because reality is multifacted. Like, the best example is big dramatic stuff. The world is obviously both good and bad. So if you perceive the world as good, then you're right, because it is good. And if you perceive the world as bad, then you're right, because it is bad. But reality isn't that binary that you're perceiving, its the fused whole of the binaries, or the resolution of the paradox, which is more than just saying "the world is good and bad!" The wholes that we break into dichotomies are too complicated for us to express in language (this, incidentally, is why socionics exists: "information" as a whole is too big and too complex to really deal with. But if you can build dichotomies and section it out into pieces, then it's a lot easier to understand those pieces of information than to understand information itself.) But that also applies to smaller things, like functions. Of course Ti is both good and bad. If you don't value it, it's easier for you to feel the bad parts. If you do value it, it's easier for you to feel the good parts (personality is a matrix of tropes for the good)
    Last edited by silverchris9; 10-18-2010 at 05:21 AM.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I guess what I hate most about the theory, is that people have this 'naturally inferior/superior' way of viewing the functions, like as if certain functions were just naturally better than others. They don't just do this with the functions they themselves have, but objectively they use it for all functions, creating within it either a superiority complex or an inferiority complex that keeps them distant and removed from the outside world.

It's bothersome because like, objectively they think Te as straight and manly and more 'badass' than Ti, and like....well I'll just show you the list, with my own touch. (I never mean actual homosexuality or straightness when I make these jokes, at least not this time...just more of the cultural perception of the words)

Te: Straight and bad-ass
    Ti: Faggy and weak
    Se: Straight and bad-ass
    Si: Faggy and weak
    Ni: Straight and bad-ass
    Ne: Faggy and weak
    Fi: Straight and bad-ass
    Fe: Faggy and weak
    I think you are right. But where does this prejudice or preconceiving of some IEs as 'weak and faggy' and others as 'manly and strong' come from?

Although I do not agree with your list as regards Fe and Ne.
    To me if I were to make such a simplistic description I´d say:
    Fe: STRONG and faggy.
    Ne: Faggy and STRONG. LOL.

So in my view, the Extroverted IEs tend to appear STRONGER than the Introverted ones. Fe is clearly much stronger and also straining to me than Fi. Others may see Fi as stronger, but I see Fe as VERY STRONG because it can literally make someone else be 'infected' by its activity, and look at an ENFJ for example, you will see that when the person speaks, the Fe hits you (at least it hits ME) like a missile, and I can feel that emotionally charged atmosphere pressing my stomach and making me even have headaches.

I recently concluded my mom is ENFJ and it´s just like... when she starts speaking, most of the time I'll get so much a bad internal sensation because of that 'charged' emotion she´s spitting out that I just tell her to stop or get away from her ASAP. My 'faggy' (just to use your own word) civil law ENFJ teacher is just the same thing. It´s a very potent IE, in fact. In my observation Extroverted IEs are stronger because they are being put out, not turned inward. This is why, when it comes to Thinking, they´re considered 'manly' but when it´s Feeling - which is a more feminine thing - they´re considered faggy. But Fe - definitely NOT weak.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I don't think Ti suffers from an image problem. The ability to maintain a strong core of internalized beliefs is one of the most distinct features of masculinity. Even something like Se lends itself to being used in feminine ways, but when a person sounds off their Ti, they end up sounding male by default.
    Yep. I've never perceived Ti as being "faggy and weak".
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit