Thread: Passenger

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Passenger

LII, yeah? I am pretty sure he is an alpha introvert and lean LII. What do you think?

Passenger+PNG+version.png

Some of my favorite songs:

The song playing everywhere currently:

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

EII?

I don't see anything about this guy that's logical, his music/lyrics is very ethical.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    EII?

I don't see anything about this guy that's logical, his music/lyrics is very ethical.
    What would be logical lyrics?

His audience interaction seems very Fe-ish. He engages the audience by trying to get them to interact (clapping, singing along) and tries to create a feeling of unity (*let us all turn off our cell phones*), but he is very non-aggressive/pushy about it (Se PoLR). I think LII really works best for him.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post

His audience interaction seems very Fe-ish. He engages the audience by trying to get them to interact (clapping, singing along) and tries to create a feeling of unity (*let us all turn off our cell phones*), but he is very non-aggressive/pushy about it (Se PoLR). I think LII really works best for him.
    Yeah, the bold is ridiculous, but we would need to understand the artist's motivations for interacting with the audience the way he does... We're not mind-readers.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Yeah, the bold is ridiculous, but we would need to understand the artist's motivations for interacting with the audience the way he does... We're not mind-readers.
    I just do not see this sort of Fe interaction from delta musicians (at least not the introverts).
    ― Anais Nin

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't seen any videos, but that first pic looks IXTx. I do really like Let Her Go a lot.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just do not see this sort of Fe interaction from delta musicians (at least not the introverts).
    I don’t think he’s necessarily delta either. I’m just uncertain that it’s Fe.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LII 5w4, he distantly reminded me of labcoat and someone else I've typed as INTj
    the 5-ness was surprising in how much it stood out from that photo

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=485P7yHxVEk
    Quod Erat Demonstrandum (but correcly spelled).

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    LII 5w4, he distantly reminded me of labcoat and someone else I've typed as INTj
    the 5-ness was surprising in how much it stood out from that photo
    Yes, LII 5w4 sounds like a good fit.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yea, except his writing is all ethical. There are logical lyrics, plenty of them by plenty of artists.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/fake-empi...-national.html

Take Fake Empire by The National

http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107858656003/

Or Slow Show

Or any number of songs by various logical writers. The ethical component is subdued and simple, while other elements are highlighted.

I can certainly bring far more examples into it. However, Passenger's lyrics are focused and dominated by the ethical, or ruminations of on the ethical.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/passe...apeoflove.html

Also if you ever been to a few church you will see plenty of EII's clapping, singing along and trying to create a feeling amongst the audience(however perhaps not with each other, but God). There are also plenty of imo Delta Bands who engage in this sort of practice with the audience to form a sense of community. The folk singing community also has plenty of this sort of interaction between audience members.

Also you think the Sex Pistols or Prodigy need to ask their audience to clap or sing along. The song is enough, the music is enough. What you think of as could easily be , because clapping and singing along has zero ethical component, these are merely physical action. I don't think they need to ask their audience to clap or sing along.. "I am a Antichrist, I am a anarchist...", this is enough of a anthem to make singing along pretty natural. Or, "Smack my bitch up, Smack my bitch up"

I've been to plenty of concerts when people have been asked to bring the house down, and a few times when it's actually happened. Ethical verbalization is imo more often oblique and self-directed, the interpretation is not explicit as in clapping or singing along but more implicit such as "Bring the house down"/etc/etc. Al-through some of this verbalization is also

The dominant ethical component of his music make me think there's no way he's a logical type, also imo, he doesn't solicit but when he ask people to perform explicit actions regardless of internal emotional motivation which is not driven by the emotional energy in the music. His music is also personal and not conducive in creating this sort of emotional energy but instead a personal connection. Singing along with him is more about forming a connection with him as a musician then any sort of audience group activity.