Thread: mikesilbEII or a different type?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Hi everyone,

As a socionics newbie, I initially thought that EII (and its inherent combination) is my type (especially after a MBTI INFP switch to INFj). Perhaps I am right, but I also reserve room for being off in my self-typing. I am posting two videos that may get more to the heart of this question. These two videos were created based on my typing thread on the sociotype.com bulletin board. Any insights you have regarding the videos would be well appreciated:

Video #1: I discuss the traits that I like/dislike from others.

and

Video #2: As a fan of the TV Show LOST, I describe who are my favorite characters on the show.

What type(s) come up for you when you watch these videos?
    Mike
    Enneagram: 6w7 so/sx (Tritype: 6w7/9w1/2w3 or 6w7/9w1/3w2)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mike dear,

you are not INFj you may be INFp.

read what the enneagram 2w3 is and you will see what an INFj is.

I will watch your video when I get a macbook, my computer at home is dead.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

That was a mouthful of in the first video, especially the part about creating a positive, courteous and friendly environment (essentially one conducive to work and productivity, which is what Te dominants need). The strong bonds of loyalty bit is also pretty stereotypically Fi.

The depth/shallowness thing isn't type related IMO. (Unless it's specifically being referred to in the context of Fi and not in general).

Weak, devalued Se is pretty clear to me, as well as delta humanitarian values (except I don't see any emphasis on productivity in the videos). If it's between IEI and EII, then definitely EII. That would make you my supervisor.
    Last edited by xerx; 04-02-2010 at 08:42 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post

That was a mouthful of in the first video, especially the part about creating a positive, courteous and friendly environment (essentially one conducive to work and productivity, which is what Te dominants need). The strong bonds of loyalty bit is also pretty stereotypically Fi.

The depth/shallowness thing isn't type related IMO. (Unless it's specifically being referred to in the context of Fi and not in general).

Weak, devalued Se is pretty clear to me, as well as delta humanitarian values (except I don't see any emphasis on productivity in the videos). If it's between IEI and EII, then definitely EII. That would make you my supervisor.
    How about him being Te dominent? Mike, I believe that you may be an ESTj.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-02-2010 at 07:42 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both of your videos are focused on people and relationships. you repeat the words friendly, warmth, depth, loyalty. i don't know if you consider yourself to be this way or not, but you definitely say that's what you want in others and what you admire in them. this seems Fi valuing.

you analyze the deeper meanings of the characters in lost and pick up on larger, more global or artistic themes. this seems like intuition in the ego block.

you have a precise way of speaking that is quite well thought out and clear and i get the feeling of structure or even some rigidity. this implies rationality.

your preference for a few really good friends over superficial relationships implies introversion.

for some reason, you don't seem ethical. when i think of infj i think of my father, who shows a bit more emotion. but then again, i know some Fi leading people who don't show much emotion either, so perhaps you could be Fi leading.

as far as my personal reaction to you, you seem to be a bit heavy to me. (nothing personal) a little bit pedantic or preachy or something. i spose this could imply an IJ temperament. like i'm kind of looking for some lighter type to come along and loosen you up.

the thing that makes it hard to type people is when they seem pretty convinced already of their type, which you do. so that biases me when i look at your videos, since i like to believe that people are the best judge of their own type.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post

I fully agree.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Mike dear,

you are not INFj you may be INFp.

read what the enneagram 2w3 is and you will see what an INFj is.

I will watch your video when I get a macbook, my computer at home is dead.
    How about him being Te dominent? Mike, I believe that you may be an ESTj.
    oh dear...
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,

I am currently playing with the possibility that I am an EIE rather than an EII, due to the type of inherent passion and enthusiasm that was readily apparent from the videos.

I never thought of myself as an Fe-dominant (nor a beta type), but I am open to the possibility that there is notable truth coming from this perspective.

I am trying to learn more about the EIE to determine if this possibility carries weight. So far, it appears to (more than I even thought).

I'll keep you posted regarding this. In the meantime, I am open to other perspectives as well. Thanks!
    Mike

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesilb View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am currently playing with the possibility that I am an EIE rather than an EII, due to the type of inherent passion and enthusiasm that was readily apparent from the videos.

I never thought of myself as an Fe-dominant (nor a beta type), but I am open to the possibility that there is notable truth coming from this perspective.

I am trying to learn more about the EIE to determine if this possibility carries weight. So far, it appears to (more than I even thought).

I'll keep you posted regarding this. In the meantime, I am open to other perspectives as well. Thanks!
    You are ESTj
    You seem to be very well structured and organized, correct?

You see, until some people actually discover and live with their dual they don't have a correct perception of who they are and what role they take in everyday responsibilities. It's one thing to admire and create a positive, courteous and friendly environment, but really and EII (emotional bonds, support) actively cultivates depth of relationships on an emotional level, where the LSE (physical, working, providing)creates a comfortable living environment.

The strong bonds of loyalty bid is part of the values that bind duals together. Your humanitarian values is also part of our dual pairing.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-05-2010 at 08:04 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are ESTj

...where the LSE (physical, working, providing)creates a comfortable living environment.
    Maritsa, I'm sorry to say this, but I am not at all known for creating a comfortable living environment. Not even close. Thanks for your feedback however.
    Mike

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa, I'm sorry to say this, but I am not at all known for creating a comfortable living environment. Not even close. Thanks for your feedback however.
    Good, then you should rule EII out because we value this very much.
    -

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. that was nuts. i agree w/ jxrtes that it seemed like a mouthful of Fi.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, then you should rule EII out because we value this very much.
    Actually, I do value someone who would create a comfortable living environment. I just don't think that I am the guy that is that strong in creating that comfy environment for others. I can barely create it for myself, let alone others.
    Mike

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Actually, I do value someone who would create a comfortable living environment. I just don't think that I am the guy that is that strong in creating that comfy environment for others. I can barely create it for myself, let alone others.
    Do you have pictures mike? I can't watch those videos.
    -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I can do very well is make others feel welcome and comfortable (not because of my organization) but because of my friendliness and warmth. I want to include others and make them feel wanted and accepted. So in this sense perhaps I do create an atmosphere of ease and comfort for others. It is not the physical space that provides the comfort...it is more on an emotional level.
    Mike

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have pictures mike? I can't watch those videos.
    Here you go:

Mike

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Working on it...

So far...

100% S type.

ESTp or ISTj or ESTj

ESTp would be:

ISTj would be this:
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-06-2010 at 02:10 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working on it...

So far...

100% S type.

ESTp or ISTj or ESTj
    I'm definitely NOT an ST type. My world is an NF one.
    Mike

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You see is outward projection of values rather then what you talk about "from others" meaning inward projection...something in the way that people treat you as opposed to what you can do for others or what you live to do for others...in this case it becomes more of or even and that is why from your videos and how you discuss about what you want from others to you I have a sense that you are not an introvert and rather value

EII is not what you would expect from others.
    -

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's time to just warn people in advance that maritsa types a lot of people as ESTj for seemingly weird reasons.

i'm on the XNFj train, personally. i'm not sure about you yet, but i didn't see INFp as highly likely. you seem infinitely rational to me.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think it's time to just warn people in advance that maritsa types a lot of people as ESTj for seemingly weird reasons.

i'm on the XNFj train, personally. i'm not sure about you yet, but i didn't see INFp as highly likely. you seem infinitely rational to me.
    Your turn...please pm me some pictures of you, thank you.
    -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Implied,

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post

I absolutely agree with you about this! It is either EII or EIE and I am deliberating as to which one has the edge. I give a slight edge to EIE, since I am a more up-front emotional side rather than keeping my emotions completely in reserve. Before joining the board, I thought EII, but I am beginning to wonder whether that is the correct typing. But yes, a dominant rational/feeling type is pretty spot-on here. I don't think that I am a dominant irrational type since I tend to need to have a certain level of outside order which helps grant me security (which is a common Enneagram 6 theme). I enjoy chaos too, but if the chaos happens too abruptly, I can feel swept away in the tsunami of change. So you are right on about this.

The Beta vs. Delta debate is one that I am very much internally immersed in right now. My passion and higher feelings about fate/destiny puts me in the Beta camp, but I definitely value an individualistic Fi approach to life which also makes me fit in with Delta.

So I am grappling with the quadras right now, and my feeling is that this may help me decide between EII and EIE. Again, I give the slight edge to EIE (based on feedback on my (passionate) self-presentation in those two videos)...but the jury is still deliberating on this.

Thanks for your feedback. Spot on thus far!
    Mike

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hello,

I am confirming your type as ESFp
    -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

I am confirming your type as ESFp

Holy shit!! You got it completely right! You are the biggest genius of all time!
    Mike

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Holy shit!! You got it completely right! You are the biggest genius of all time!
    Please don't take thing in the religious context thanks.
    -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't take thing in the religious context thanks.
    Absolutely... After all you are the one who I should worship. My heroine...my type guru.
    Mike

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK...enough of this BS. I am so NOT an SEE that it is not funny. Neither am I an LSE. I never took that seriously, and this thread needs to be revived because I am still pretty much debating between two types:

EII and EIE.

I have been told that the in the videos that I posted (and if you want to see them again let me know and I will repost them on youtube) that I look highly passionate and enthusiastic (with a focus on destiny and greater fulfillment in my life). As a result EIE (beta) was recently suggested as my type (quadra) rather than EII (delta).

My initial question is whether an EII is capable of showing his/her passion, or is it a trademark to keep these feelings in reserve? I also thought that I deeply cared about individuality, loyalty, and sensitivity/receptiveness to others which appear to be delta values (Fi), but is it possible that someone on the beta side of the fence (Fe dominant) could exhibit these qualities?

In my eyes, EII and EIE are the two main contenders (However outside contenders could be IEE, ESE, ESI, SEI, and IEI). That being said, I feel that I am a dominant feeler/rational type due to my strong convictions in general. I also feel that I fit the NF Club much more than the SF, NT, or ST Clubs.

Any thoughts about all this?
    Mike

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My initial question is whether an EII is capable of showing his/her passion, or is it a trademark to keep these feelings in reserve? I also thought that I deeply cared about individuality, loyalty, and sensitivity/receptiveness to others which appear to be delta values (Fi), but is it possible that someone on the beta side of the fence (Fe dominant) could exhibit these qualities?
    Yes. While we're at it, many thinkers are considering themselves individualistic.

Whenever you ask if a type can have a positive quality X, you're going to be assured it's more X than any other type you could have thought. As in, I think these questions are badly posed. You'll just get people to say that EIIs act natural, or that EIEs are actually more individualistic, sensitive etc.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Yes. While we're at it, many thinkers are considering themselves individualistic.

Whenever you ask if a type can have a positive quality X, you're going to be assured it's more X than any other type you could have thought. As in, I think these questions are badly posed. You'll just get people to say that EIIs act natural, or that EIEs are actually more individualistic, sensitive etc.
    Good point; EIE is closer to what he is actually like.
    -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point; EIE is closer to what he is actually like.
    Are you being serious about this, or is this another type in the "Merry-Go-Round" of types to put me in? If you sincerely think EIE, could you explain a reason or two (based on what you've witnessed thus far) why this could be so? I'm curious.
    Mike

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is going to be fun.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post

So what would be a better way to phrase the question?
    Mike