Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIE-IEI and EIE-SLE mirror and activity relationships

What do you know about EIE-IEI relationships and how they'd work?

I'm convinced the only human being I could ever completely love, trust, and understand would have to be IEI. I don't even see the value that would come out of the LSI duality...from what I know, the only ones who are dramatic and deep and perfect and INSANE enough for me would have to be Beta NF rather than ST--and even a lot of EIEs I've met just don't have that spark I'm looking for. Anything on EIE-IEI relations?

Also, if possible, EIE-SLE. They kinda give me the creeps, but I've met some of this type who are reasonable.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME.

EIE-SLE is a fuck fest. It's crazy all the time. I could elaborate and give you more details and exemples but it's the same as having that person you were looking for since your were born. Everything you say or do is amplified by the SLE behavior, he picks on everything and intensify it. The same goes for the other way around, a bit less imo.
    The EIE "job", is to smooth the SLE out with some sweet so good Ni. Smooth it out by showing him how it could be done a certain way, or if he takes such actions, what will probably come and hit the back of his head. You basically smooth it out.
    Great friends, always there for each other. The SLE is by essence very independant and has issue creating bonds and "locking" on to people. Hence, he'll never contact you or arrange things, even if your interaction is great. He will only do so if it's something that is relating to its Ego functions: wanting to fuck you. When in front of you, he wants to do things, he wants to go places. When away from you, you doesn't exist anymore.

EIE-IEI, you get it together, you get things, you talk about things, you make the dirtiest jokes you'll ever make. You don't need to try too much. But their inertia is HUGE. annnnnnnd they're so stubborn you WILL die.
    I have always felt a STRONG lack of Se in the relationship. The EIE feels like he must provide it, because it's also cool, some good old' Se, yummy. On the other hand, the IEI (I believe) thinks he must provide the Ti (actually he jerks on you all the Ni he has in the world, and the EIE jerks all the Fe he has in the world, at some point, it's a crazy fest). But I've always felt a STRONG lack of Se, at some point it becomes annoying a bit, frustrating. IEI's inertia is strong, it's really huge. The EIE will wants to move on, to do things, to go crazy (huuuuh give me mai Se) and the IEI will be nay. It's a tiring interaction, you need to take breaks.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubozoan View Post
    What do you know about EIE-IEI relationships and how they'd work?

I'm convinced the only human being I could ever completely love, trust, and understand would have to be IEI. I don't even see the value that would come out of the LSI duality...from what I know, the only ones who are dramatic and deep and perfect and INSANE enough for me would have to be Beta NF rather than ST--and even a lot of EIEs I've met just don't have that spark I'm looking for. Anything on EIE-IEI relations?

Also, if possible, EIE-SLE. They kinda give me the creeps, but I've met some of this type who are reasonable.
    My SLE friend is great to work with. She likes my ideas and gets work done so fast. Sometimes she doesn't think things through and I have to do damage control. She thinks I slow things down with my controlling ways. I wish she would share her thoughts with me more. But we do understand each other very well. We know that we can always count on each other.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My SLE (my SO) and EIE (my best friend) are basically on crack when together. Last night the conversation turned to pussy-bling, vajazzling and inconvenient public orgasms within five minutes of meeting up.

Tidbit of Conversation

ME to SLE: If EIE were a girl would you date him?
    SLE: Fuck yeah, I'd date him! I'd be tappin that every night.
    EIE: Oh, I'd Blow your mind...
    SLE: I'm sure you would.
    EIE: I'd show you things you never dreamed of...
    SLE: Like what?

I can't remember where it went from there.
    This was our Scrabble-night/Christmas-Cookie-making-get-together, but if you add alcohol or party or anything it gets much worse.

I guess I could write something about my relationship with EIE to give IEI-EIE relationship input but I'm so close to him that I think it would be difficult for me to get a clear perspective. I'll try to think of things about our relationship that would be helpful to people and post that later...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have an EIE female friend and when we get together we are nothing but trouble. We sort of of inspire each other to do crazy stuff and we are drawn to each other on many levels. We are alike in so many ways it is like literally looking in a mirror. We resemble each other physically, height, weight, hair texture/length/style, eye/skin coloring, etc...more than anyone else I have ever met irl, yet we look very different at the same time. It is freaky... same mannerisms, preferences and similar past. The biggest difference is that she is pretty outgoing and likes to meet new people. Me, not so much but she can motivate me to use more Fe and keep my Ni in check in social situations. When we are alone it is like an Ni wet dream.

Use of the creative function — while frequent and effortless — seems to turn on and off. One moment the person may seem highly interested in this aspect, and the next — totally indifferent. This may jar people for whom this aspect of reality is of more supreme importance and who expect more consistent attention and effort in this area. A good example of this is one's interaction with their mirror partner; each person's leading function is subject to the other's creativity function, so even though both partners do share similar worldviews, they are apt to 'correct' or add on to the other's rigid and finalized points.
    Edit: @Mega I read your post re: EIE/IEI after I wrote this.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One is like damn girl, no he didnt. While the other is a little bit like rape.
    Both, of course, always acceptable.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People need different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    The SLE ... When in front of you, he wants to do things, he wants to go places. When away from you, you doesn't exist anymore.
    agreed

Some people need flings. SLEs are like dogs.

IEI's inertia is strong, it's really huge.
    agreed

Some people need to ground themselves. IEIs are like atomic bombs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great friends, always there for each other. The SLE is by essence very independant and has issue creating bonds and "locking" on to people. Hence, he'll never contact you or arrange things, even if your interaction is great. He will only do so if it's something that is relating to its Ego functions: wanting to fuck you. When in front of you, he wants to do things, he wants to go places. When away from you, you doesn't exist anymore.
    I'm so sick of these absolute generalizations of types that are extremely rare on this forum anyway. SLEs are not robots. What do you mean, "when away from you, you don't exist anymore"? Are you inside their head? I mean I know you self-typed as SLE once, but you also self-typed as a bunch of other ethical types. I think your EIE-IEI comments are pretty spot on, but this just pissed me off, I'm sorry.

When you make an impression on someone, that person WILL remember you, think about you, maybe hope that you cross paths again. An SLE will most probably never join a forum and whine about it, but that's usually because they don't know how to express their pain, working through their emotions is confusing, etc.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@maithili, if we were to only stick to the truth there wouldn't be socionics. Socionics is about generalizations. Most of Wikisocion was written by an LIE. I don't think he knows what an SLE's mind is like.

Most of socionics theory is incoherent. Many different subjective opinions about a same thing. There are 3 or 4 different definitions for each IE.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maithili View Post
    SLEs are not robots. What do you mean, "when away from you, you don't exist anymore"?
    Get pissed off if you want, but it's just a figure of speech. I don't think SLEs literally forget people, it's just that I have seen with some of them, when you're not actively reassuring them of their standing with you, they start to write you off as someone who probably doesn't give a shit about them. And it's a lot harder to shore them up when you're not around them often.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I met a EIE-SLE "couple" (friends, both dudes) while I was attending some course to improve my German a while ago. The EIE was teaching. Funny that he came from an Italian family line living in Germany so most of the folks who went to his school were also Italians or Spanish fellows working here. In any case what I noticed is how well their humor synchronized, the SLE would "jump" on any opportunity (or "hook") to make slightly brash jokes -- in a way he simply boosted Ni humorous and quirky ideas among the other folks. I also happened to witness smth. less pleasant ... when the EIE wanted to get rid of a certain person and send them to another group (a Te base who could get kind of demanding and critical, probably LSE). The SLE was very cunning in slowly helping out in the "pushing" of said person out of the group. It looked as if he was acting on the EIE's subtle suggestions for a common purpose. Let's just say the EIE only played the passive-aggressive role in that. It looked pretty much like the Beta style you read about on Socio-sites.
    Last edited by Amber; 01-20-2015 at 08:35 PM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a decent amount of experience with EIE-IEI relations, slightly less with EIE-SLE relations. the former tend to be pretty tactically balanced. one EIE I used to hang out with a lot, an Ni-sub 3w4 sx/sp, who had similar musical interests as me, was really good at 'capping' interactions. I was typically the one to suggest a song or introduce him to something new, and he would find a way to relate it to the more basic thematic development or mood of the situation. related to this was how he would end songs at a point he deemed relevant; this would sometimes bother me, as being an irrational I always seek to flesh out rather than contain the archetypal experience, but it did give the interaction a certain cleanness and efficiency. so the Fe was pretty equal, but I think this depends on subtype, as an Fe-IEI I interacted with around the same time somewhat grated on me. the give and take was pretty balanced, sometimes we would freestyle (lol) and I would seem like more of an extrovert, completely involving myself in the track, but then he would point out new elements that would serve to strengthen the foundation. Fe-EIEs seem a little more directed in this regard, one of them would've probably become irritated if their spotlight was being hogged.

another Ni-EIE, a 7w8 sx/so I interacted with was kind of similar. their was a basic, visceral and experiential wavelength we connected on, and things just kind of fell into place. like one time we were doing oxies and I said something to the effect that compared to other x drugs these were "pure fuckin numb" which he made fun of, but fittingly in a way that extended the emotion of the interaction.

another Ni-EIE, a 3w2 so/sx, had a kind of innocently emotional appeal to me. he provided conversational substance and I acted as a kind of distant anchor... somewhat guided him through an acid trip and he put me on some of his music.

an old Fe-EIE 7w6 sx/so close friend of mine was kind of an intellectual ally. I think there was a certain, odd fluidity that our both being accepting subtypes gave to the interaction. we would just casually trade Ni and then end up in three hour long conversations about whatever. good times.

with EIE-SLE relations it's just implicitly competitive, but in a good way, like their trying to one-up each other is serving some purpose, solidifying the aristocracy in some way. crass joking and offhand, adversarial barbs are common here, lol.
    Last edited by strrrng; 01-20-2015 at 09:38 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbane View Post
    Get pissed off if you want, but it's just a figure of speech. I don't think SLEs literally forget people, it's just that I have seen with some of them, when you're not actively reassuring them of their standing with you, they start to write you off as someone who probably doesn't give a shit about them. And it's a lot harder to shore them up when you're not around them often.
    This is congruent with my observations as well. Although the same could be said of most STs, SLE seem particularly suscebtable to the adage "out of sight, out of mind." I've even seen this used as a form of manipulation by one. It comes in the form of immature ultimatums.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLe annoy eie because SLe sometimes don't manage their money affectively
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html