Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck MBTT. Use socionics, damn it.

I'd like to just go ahead and launch supersocion theory in the United States, but I'm not that naive. I know full well I'm going to have to spend a lot of time testing "hypotheses" that "reveal" socionics to an improved version of MBTT, but hopefully I won't be alone in this endeavor and people will be taking dual-type theory and others seriously by 2050.

That said, I do plan to write a book on the subject of supersocion theory, and I wonder who here would like to co-author it with me. I'm not going to begin writing it for another several years, until it is clear my degree is within reach. (I'm just 31 hours in with another 9 in May... 88 hours left).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get Rick or someone else who doesn't buy into that slave shit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Fuck MBTT. Use socionics, damn it.
    +1 MBTT fuckin' sucks so hard

No, seriously, MBTT is another thing, that doesn't have exactly the same use. It's simpler to use, and is more based on behaviours than information metabolism.

For example, LII's don't behave the same way if they're ENTJ (like me) or INTP.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen man, if you need a long term prognosis as to how things are gonna turn out, you're best asking an INTp -- even if you would prefer not to accept the prognosis as destiny, and instead fight it. The INTp will explain to you just why you're gonna be in trouble if you keep going the path you're on.

Does a corporation need to know that when formulating a strategy? Yes. Would it be efficient for both the consultant and the consultee to understand the specialities of the consultant before asking for their advice? Absolutely.

On the other hand, not all INTps make good consultants or advisors. Some would be more likely to urge a tackle when what's needed is a punt, so to speak. And others would argue for the punt when the situation clearly calls for a tackle. But that's getting in way deeper than even Model-B socionics describes.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 03-21-2008 at 01:18 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i think just like with enneagram, a person of a socionics type may have a different MBTI than another person of the same socionics type.
    Who cares what you think if you are wrong?

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Who cares what you think if you are wrong?
    In what way is that incorrect

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    In what way is that incorrect
    Opinions are irrelevant, the truth is not.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Opinions are irrelevant, the truth is not.
    If that is your take on opinions then please feel free to withold them, and instead explain the falsehood within the observation?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    If that is your take on opinions then please feel free to withold them, and instead explain the falsehood within the observation?
    That is not my take on opinions. My opinion is irrelevant. I only stated the truth.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i think the whole MBTI business success is just an indicator how consumeric our world has gotten. like all you gotta do is push a button and pick out a person of you compatible type for relationship as you don't have time for that friends first then see how things go stuff.
    Socionics is about relationships as well. Does that come under your list of consumerist theories?

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    +1 MBTT fuckin' sucks so hard
    Why do you study it then? Why do you even care about what type you are in MBTT?

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Listen man, if you need a long term prognosis as to how things are gonna turn out, you're best asking an INTp -- even if you would prefer not to accept the prognosis as destiny, and instead fight it. The INTp will explain to you just why you're gonna be in trouble if you keep going the path you're on.
    So should you be able to if you're an LII. Just with a few difficulties, because you're not a fan of Ni.

Does a corporation need to know that when formulating a strategy? Yes. Would it be efficient for both the consultant and the consultee to understand the specialities of the consultant before asking for their advice? Absolutely.

On the other hand, not all INTps make good consultants or advisors. Some would be more likely to urge a tackle when what's needed is a punt, so to speak. And others would argue for the punt when the situation clearly calls for a tackle. But that's getting in way deeper than even Model-B socionics describes.
    What are you talking about?