Thread: Enneagram Houses

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram Houses

Requested by @Croissants and Coffee as a response to the Enneagram 5 Houses thread!

1w9
    Perfect and calm. A state of Zen radiates from this home.

1w2
    Ecological and clean-cut. A protective design that places importance on sustainability.

2w1
    Open and adaptive. A residence that provides for comfort and simple aesthetics.

2w3
    Prestigious and cozy. This home has a lot of sophisticated charm to offer.

3w2
    Ambitious and inviting. A high-class mansion that makes both host and visitor feel royal.

3w4
    Grand and dreamy. This splendid house is flamboyant and exudes zeal.

4w3
    Striking and nostalgic. An artful residence that is truly one of a kind.

4w5
    Dark and enigmatic. A house that stands out through its odd mysteries.

6w5
    Quiet and solid. A naturalistic retreat that creates room for work and contemplation.

6w7
    Classic and exciting. A home for both serenity and enjoyment.

7w6
    New-fashioned and promising. A smug house that testifies passion.

7w8
    Daring and modern. A smart place of extremes and special vigor.

8w7
    Challenging and independent. This houseboat was made to be a resilient pioneer.

8w9
    Authoritative and dazzling. A residence that emits an air of dignity.

9w8
    Imaginative and intense. A powerful oasis out of this world.

9w1
    Principled and candid. A statement home created for innovative flourishing.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What a great post! I really enjoyed looking at the various houses, and comparing them to what I like.

FWIW, my enneagram typing is 8w7, 3w2, 6w7, and I would rank the houses above as follows (if price were no object, of course):

First, the "Yes"s:
    7w8 - OK, I'll take it. Where do I sign?
    7w6 - Nice courtyard, nice house. Maybe a bit ostentatious, but if it were hidden on a cul-de-sac, might not be bad. More for my enjoyment of it's beauty than anything else.
    6w7 - This would actually be pretty nice for a second house on a ten acre wooded lot.
    2w1 - This could go on the wooded lot if it is on a hill overlooking a river.
    6w5 - This is an occasional-use cottage. Hopefully you can time-share it with some other people, and work out a schedule for it use.

Next, the not horrible, but not really my choice.
    8w7 - Nice clean lines and the opportunity for adventure (although a sailboat would be better), but much too high maintenance costs.
    1w2 - If I were a professor, maybe. But I'm not, so no.
    1w9 - Easy to clean, but too exposed and a bit too spare.
    2w3 - Nice for a two-week vacation house, but I would not want to live there all the time.

Then there's the "inherited this from your grandmother's crazy sister, and can't sell it because no insulation, bad heating, lead plumbing, primitive electrical, wood rotting, stone in disrepair, roof leaks, wallpaper is peeling, I think something has died in one of the walls, but the odor comes and goes, etc."
    8w9 - see above.

The Grandiose:
    3w4 - won the lottery, will be broke in two years.
    3w2 - won the lottery, will be dead in two years.

The weird and depressed:
    4w3 - I am still able to make a living by selling my uncle's collection of famous people's clothing bits.
    4w5 - I am waiting for the statute of limitations to run out on selling looted Nazi artworks.

And the mentally ill:
    9w1 - My line of Patagonian rain forest health products is doing better than I ever expected.
    9w8 - Drugs. Psychedelics and hallucinogens. You want 'em, I've got 'em. I give them away for free. All you want, man. Bring your friends around. Know any chicks?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting, these give a pretty good visualization of the types. 7w8 and 8w7 are my favorites.

Impressions:

1w9- Decent I suppose, good for relaxation
    1w2- Not really my ideal but not terrible
    2w1- Nice place to stay in the fall
    2w3: Feels a bit too "Joe Smoe"
    3w2: Fun but way too much for me too handle
    3w4: Ehh naw not my style at all
    4w3: Again not my style
    4w5: Way too depressing and ******-esque
    6w5: Cozy but a tiny bit too isolated and it better have high speed internet
    6w7: Somewhat fun
    7w6: Decent
    7w8: Looks really fun
    8w7: Challenging and enlivening, like it
    8w9: Depressing and bureacratic, no way
    9w8: wtf?
    9w1: Fun I guess?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked 1w9, 6w5, and 7w8 the most, but I might be mistaking the appeal of the picture for the appeal of the house itself. Eh my taste in houses is just totally undeveloped/missing. I know I like something... But I'm not sure what that is.

Edit: I guess my dream home would be like a modern ski-in and ski-out cabin in the mountains.

I probably could go with something simpler, but this would be pretty sweet:
    http://uncrate.com/stuff/chalet-zermatt-peak/
    Last edited by Contra; 07-26-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I like both the 7s the most.
    and 3w2, in spite of tori spelling vibe.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    What a great post! I really enjoyed looking at the various houses, and comparing them to what I like.

FWIW, my enneagram typing is 8w7, 3w2, 6w7, and I would rank the houses above as follows (if price were no object, of course):

First, the "Yes"s:
    7w8 - OK, I'll take it. Where do I sign?
    7w6 - Nice courtyard, nice house. Maybe a bit ostentatious, but if it were hidden on a cul-de-sac, might not be bad. More for my enjoyment of it's beauty than anything else.
    6w7 - This would actually be pretty nice for a second house on a ten acre wooded lot.
    2w1 - This could go on the wooded lot if it is on a hill overlooking a river.
    6w5 - This is an occasional-use cottage. Hopefully you can time-share it with some other people, and work out a schedule for it use.

Next, the not horrible, but not really my choice.
    8w7 - Nice clean lines and the opportunity for adventure (although a sailboat would be better), but much too high maintenance costs.
    1w2 - If I were a professor, maybe. But I'm not, so no.
    1w9 - Easy to clean, but too exposed and a bit too spare.
    2w3 - Nice for a two-week vacation house, but I would not want to live there all the time.

Then there's the "inherited this from your grandmother's crazy sister, and can't sell it because no insulation, bad heating, lead plumbing, primitive electrical, wood rotting, stone in disrepair, roof leaks, wallpaper is peeling, I think something has died in one of the walls, but the odor comes and goes, etc."
    8w9 - see above.

The Grandiose:
    3w4 - won the lottery, will be broke in two years.
    3w2 - won the lottery, will be dead in two years.

The weird and depressed:
    4w3 - I am still able to make a living by selling my uncle's collection of famous people's clothing bits.
    4w5 - I am waiting for the statute of limitations to run out on selling looted Nazi artworks.

And the mentally ill:
    9w1 - My line of Patagonian rain forest health products is doing better than I ever expected.
    9w8 - Drugs. Psychedelics and hallucinogens. You want 'em, I've got 'em. I give them away for free. All you want, man. Bring your friends around. Know any chicks?
    Your evaluations are hilarious. "If I were a professor, maybe. But I'm not, so no." - I collapsed. Lottery winners indeed. 9w8 was designed by Antoni Gaudí, considered genius and declared a world heritage site, the irony And interesting how perceptions differ, I thought that 7w8 was among the least practical (read: Te-suited) houses because

a) it looks like it actually is in the Patagonian rain forest --> mosquitoes (they will use the water for their larvae) and other dangerous animals, rain, high humidity, heat. I don't want to step into my pool just to find out an alligator in there is very pleased to meet me
    b) that waterfall must be loud and difficult to maintain, I would deactivate it the second I move in. Innovative architects have bad tempers so I'd have to watch out. Although technically... I bought that house, I can do whatever I want with it.
    c) cleaning is a Sisyphean task unless I can hire Spiderman (strongest argument, especially if the budget is smaller and I can't afford a jet to fly in a cleaning squad from Manaus... which would turn out to be a gang that wants to kidnap my SEE either way )
    d) the classic 7w8 is a SLE aka the most qualified to fight off everything listed above

6w7 though... yep

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

1w9 This is aesthetically pleasing at first glance, but then it feels too claustrophobic and entrapping. The water feels like an unnecessary barrier. I also dislike the colour scheme, and perhaps it feels too exposed.
    1w2 Dull as a cardboard box with matches glued to it. Certainly a house that would be best enjoyed looking out rather than looking in. The house seems to defy gravity in a way I find unsettling.
    2w1 Somewhat tolerable, although half ot it looks like some concrete bunker.
    2w3 Comparatively safe, but too overcomplex in design.
    3w2 Oversized, but somewhat appealing. It does not fit in with my ideals of taste.
    3w4 This is better, but seems about as enjoyable as cake with too much marzipan and too much ornament.
    4w3 This is a bold design with many attrative points, and is to be commended for that.
    4w5 Possibly too dark and enigmatic.
    6w5 A safe design, which means it is easy to adapt to personal taste.
    6w7 Rather boring.
    7w6 Very warm and appealing.
    7w8 An attractive design, with not too much of anything. The arrangement and proportion of the rooms may not be optimal however. I probably considered it too square also.
    8w7 Moderately acceptable. It feels too cut off and claustrophobic for my liking though.
    8w9 This is a pretty nice design, although there are a few minor details I find unappealing or unnecessary.
    9w8 Other than it being too big, a little too loud and ostentatious...and likely to be difficult to maintain, I like it.
    9w1 This house looks like it could be adapted quite well. On the whole, it isn't obviously appealing to me: it doesn't work especially well as a whole. But, I think it would be a house that it would be difficult to get bored with, as you would probably find it hard to remember exactly what it looks like, especially if it is continuously changing.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I liked 1w9, 6w5, and 7w8 the most, but I might be mistaking the appeal of the picture for the appeal of the house itself. Eh my taste in houses is just totally undeveloped/missing. I know I like something... But I'm not sure what that is.

Edit: I guess my dream home would be like a modern ski-in and ski-out cabin in the mountains.

I probably could go with something simpler, but this would be pretty sweet:
    http://uncrate.com/stuff/chalet-zermatt-peak/
    Looked it up (impressive!), seems 3-ish to me.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Looked it up (impressive!), seems 3-ish to me.
    lol, on second thought, it might be a bit too big for my taste. You get the idea though. Interior wise, the house from ex machina can't be beat, imo.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the 7w8, 1w2, 3w2 (it has to be in the right setting, like on mediterranean or californian hills), 6w7 .
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Jeez I like none, too impressive and too much space....

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I like 7w8 the most, then 3w2, 3w4. 4w3 is too cutesy. 1w9 looks cool but I can't see the entire house and the surroundings. I've seen 9w8 irl, it's cool to see when you're just walking down the street but it doesn't give you anything if you were to live there. No way in hell I'm living in 8w7 since I'm scared of large bodies of water.

The 4w5 fits my personality.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would either live in the 1w2 or 7w6 house (even though i find some of the other houses more aesthetically interesting/pleasing).
    the 1w2 house would be the rational choice, being ecologically sustainable and functional.
    in the 7w6 house i would be the most comfortable (also, i somehow like the smugness of it, lol)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3w2 would provide me with an Aussie Gold Coast type experience which I know works for myself.
    8w7 fits my childhood or teenage dreams and would be a good alternative if I had never married or at the very least not had children.

1w9 fits my husband especially with that free standing bath.
    2w3 also appeals to him and he likes the inclusion of the ocean behind.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Seeing all these houses makes me appreciate what I have. Nothing compares to the energy that I feel in my home. Nothing that I have seen so far would make me want to leave my house. If I won a multimillion dollar lottery I would probably stay here. If I did move it would not be for a new home or the aurora borealis.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about 5w4 and 5w6

Edit: Ah, never mind, I found the 5 houses thread.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The second one though. It also has a nice view

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    The second one though. It also has a nice view
    U mean the number 2. or the greek one?

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae what would you say about the types of these two houses? I've had them saved to my house stash for a while.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    @Chae what would you say about the types of these two houses? I've had them saved to my house stash for a while.

Sweet! 9w1 and a head center one... 7w6 sounds about right

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

1w9

I like a house that's easy to clean and not too interesting. It's not like I'm having a party or anything.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why the boat house is not 7?

Anyways, 9 looks something where would be cool. Let's put it on top something weird like a boat.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh house post. I love looking at houses. My impressions....

1w9- I'm not a fan of this design. It actually might be my least favorite... I just don't like that 'modern look'. It's too plain and uninviting imo
    1w2- First thought, cardboard box. Not a fan of this design either, although I like it better than the 1w9, but that's probably because the 1w2 is in a less open area.
    2w1- I like it better that the 1w9 and 1w2, but it still looks uncomfortable and uninviting to me. And that modern look- not a fan. I also don't like that open look, like people could easily see me.
    2w3- This is a tough pick between the 2w3 and 2w1. I think I might like the 2w1 better because of the setting. But I kind of like the design of the 2w1 more, but this design is not a favorite. The 2w3 seems almost too big and I don't like the entrance stairway. The area is too open. I also wouldn't want to live in a beach or lake house. I'd rather live in a wooded area.
    3w2- I prefer the 3w2 over the 2w1. Maybe because it seem more private than the 3w2. This design is just 'ok' to me but not a favorite. It's definitely not the house design I would choose.
    3w4- My favorite so far. Gives me romantic dreamy vibes. I could live here, easily. But it's still a little off to my 'dream home'.
    4w3- I love it. It's hard to choose between this and the 3w4, but I think I would go with the 3w4. Maybe because the 4w3 seems a little too boxy.
    4w5- Too dark and plain. Does nothing for me.
    6w5- Adorable. But more like a good spot to vacation than live though. Maybe too small..
    6w7- My third favorite so far. I like this style and setting.
    7w6- meh, it's cute but not my style. I'd live there but it wouldn't jibe with me. It'd make me feel like I was living in a hotel.
    7w8- ew. It looks interesting, like I wouldn't mind looking around, but I wouldn't want to live there. Modern gives me this uncomfortable uninviting feel. I'd feel like I was living on plastic, metal, and glass. Just ugh.
    8w7- I don't like it. Modern again. I think I've established I don't like modern. This is interesting because it's on the water, but no.
    8w9- DREAM HOME. You will not get me to leave this place, you will have to pry my fingers from the door.
    9w8- It looks neat, but maybe too much. It also reminds me of ant hills or warts or something and that bugs me.
    9w1- Pretty cool. I might consider it if it was in the woods, but not the city. It would be better than just a plain apartment in a city, though.

My favorites...

8w9
    3w4
    6w7
    4w3
    Last edited by Aster; 10-13-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh wow, I found a perfect thread......everyone's giving their impressions, I'd like to try this, too

1w9 - Ooh peaceful, I like it. I have a feeling that I shouldn't touch it, though. I'd probably break/stain/clutter something in it.
    1w2 - Cuuute, not a bad place. I'd like the cover of the trees. It doesn't particularly cause any strong emotions in me, though.
    2w1 - Not bad, but I feel kind of bored looking at it compared to the others.
    2w3 - Ooh verrrry nice house. I'm not sure I'd fit in, there. I'm probably too low social-status for it's residents.
    3w2 - Combine the reactions of 1w9 and 2w3, and you get how this house makes me feel. I love it, though. It looks exotic.
    3w4 - Now, this is more my kind of house Not my favorite, but getting there.
    4w3 - o_o nice house! Something about it looks too solemn for me...a little too sophisticated/serious, maybe?.. but still it's gorgeous.
    4w5 - Heehee looks the same as a house I've built in Minecraft, before Moody 4-ness and it's love for gothic. If I had a ton of money, I would buy it, but not as a permanent residence. I like the gothic aesthetic, but it gets old and depressing after too long.
    6w5 - Yeah, why not? Looks nice. Kinda boring, though. Also it looks like a place you'd see in a horror movie. I can just see The Strangers hiding among the trees lol
    6w7 - I feel kinda bored looking at it, but realistically it might be one of the more enjoyable houses for me to live in, out of these. I love all the surrounding nature, and the house isn't so big/fancy that it would require a lot of upkeep.
    7w6 - Oooh, I love this house!! Oddly enough, looking at it brings to mind the men I'm crushing on, currently (and 7w6 is my favorite 'type', so it seems to me that this house is well chosen). It looks romantic, sophisticated, and unusual/creative. The only downside is, again, I feel like I might break/ruin something if I step 2 feet in the doorway
    7w8 - I like the idea of that waterfall. Pretty cool house! The aesthetic doesn't appeal to me, though, too many hard lines and angles. Also, I wouldn't want to have to maintain the tech once it starts breaking down. As a child I might have appreciated it more, since it's almost like an obstacle course or a playground of a living space...
    8w7 - Nice...would go there for a vacation. Kind of scared to live there 24/7 since I don't trust the open water.
    8w9 - WOAH, okay, this is the only house that has actually given me a bad vibe, so far. No way. Looks too authoritarian and up-tight. I feel oppressed, help.
    9w8 - .............wow........I LOVE this house!!! That looks more like something I'd want to design, if I were to make my dream home. My favorite so far. Ironically fits my TIM, mb legit? It has a unique, flowing structure, and lots of colors. The window sills are shaped kind of like the bows of ships. It makes me think of some kind of Atlantian or underwater theme. Looks like it was designed for artistic purposes first, and utilitarian purposes last. Fits my alpha quadra SF values.
    9w1 - Pretty cool for the same reasons as the last one, but not as romantic and colorful. I'd still love to live there. All the plants are a nice touch. Looks cozy, earthy, and dreamy.

This was a really well-done post, @Chae!! I had fun, thank you

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an architectural traditionalist, so 8w9 is the house I'm most fond of among these. I respect 9w8 as well because it's Gaudi and he actually knew what he was doing.
    The rest might be fun to stay in for about a week but ultimately break some rule of good taste.
    My ideal abode would have a feel of ancientness, of ways of life long lost to the past. Not decadent, but romantic. Something that a particularly complex man of noble bearing would feel welcome in.
    My Southern roots have given me a fondness for the old plantation style of house, so that's a candidate. The Antebellum South was certainly romantic.
    An old European manor would be wonderful:

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome post

I love it @Chae

@Adam Strange hilarious response

Chae, do you think you could do one for places of worship next? What a sight that could be, from various beliefs around the world. *imagining*

Well done
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 12-14-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

which type of house would this be?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's the insides that matter...

I've always dreamed to be living in one of these old garages, huge windows and spaces, offhand furniture, with lots of vintage pieces in contrast to the industrial style.

Outside it might look very banal, not even a home, but inside it's like... so much potential.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post

too much effort, mb 1

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say 5w6

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default WinnieW and Atari beat me to the numbers/fixes -- I'll specify 1w9 as gut

consistent with sp/so -- wide-open expanses, cosmic/zen syn-flow, and anything "library" sends me looking towards 5w6 sp/so

free/easy 4w3 heart fix while I'm there -- fuller explanation later maybe, I see an object defined by a harmonious dissonance with what's around it; orange/euclidean object in blue/fractal enviro, both augment each other imo
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I’d personally like a house like this:

With an interior like this:

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎