Thread: Fe PoLR Speech Examples

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Fe PoLR Speech Examples

For text passages and videos about XLI types and their .

Here's one good example about Ben Deen that I typed as SLI recently!

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's precisely how they are. I used to think they didn't care or were dead in some dumpster, now it'd probably take me a year to notice anything wrong

The good thing is SLIs love to improve themselves, and if they care for you and realize this is important in your relationship, they'll try to change the way they act with you. I have two close SLI friends who do the most in this department really ( too many texts full of emojis), probably because they don't know how to control it. I won't ever tell them though, it's funny and endearing.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    That's precisely how they are. I used to think they didn't care or were dead in some dumpster, now it'd probably take me a year to notice anything wrong

The good thing is SLIs love to improve themselves, and if they care for you and realize this is important in your relationship, they'll try to change the way they act with you. I have two close SLI friends who do the most in this department really ( too many texts full of emojis), probably because they don't know how to control it. I won't ever tell them though, it's funny and endearing.
    Yes
    It's the !
    "Dead in some dumpster" lmao yes from a Beta perspective, makes sense. Oh yes, typing is a long journey.
    Do you have another example?

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Yes
    It's the !
    "Dead in some dumpster" lmao yes from a Beta perspective, makes sense. Oh yes, typing is a long journey.
    Do you have another example?
    Well I don't know if it qualifies, but the SLI I've known for longest was very serious, uptight and undemonstrative when I met him. He was ever so polite and helpful, but also "cold". That's not really the word I'm looking for, ut the closest I know in English. After we bonded over a traumatic experience (during which he had an emotional breakdown that scared everyone but me), he changed. It started with him giving me a self written card (SO sweet) and a present, as a thank you for me helping him cope during his crisis. I thought that was a one time thing, but no, he started doing nice things for me daily then, like bringing me tea or water bottles, giving me rides and actually starting conversations with me during them, sticking up for me against people he seemed to worship the floor they walked on...after a while, we became friends.

I'd never imagine he could be as goofy as he is now with me, or as childish and specially, jealous and clingy. He actually told me he knew what I used to think of him because a coworker told him, but he didn't seemed to mind.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Well I don't know if it qualifies, but the SLI I've known for longest was very serious, uptight and undemonstrative when I met him. He was ever so polite and helpful, but also "cold". That's not really the word I'm looking for, ut the closest I know in English. After we bonded over a traumatic experience (during which he had an emotional breakdown that scared everyone but me), he changed. It started with him giving me a self written card (SO sweet) and a present, as a thank you for me helping him cope during his crisis. I thought that was a one time thing, but no, he started doing nice things for me daily then, like bringing me tea or water bottles, giving me rides and actually starting conversations with me during them, sticking up for me against people he seemed to worship the floor they walked on...after a while, we became friends.

I'd never imagine he could be as goofy as he is now with me, or as childish and specially, jealous and clingy. He actually told me he knew what I used to think of him because a coworker told him, but he didn't seemed to mind.
    Ahh, perfect. Thanks for the long recount. I've had an ILI on here say the same to me, that he can open up not being judged for this "demonstrativeness", being in an emotional safe zone.

I thought of coming up with a better word, what I think... "unexpressive" not carrying their heart on the sleeve but revealing it through action (which is and ).

Acts of service, remember!

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Ahh, perfect. Thanks for the long recount. I've had an ILI on here say the same to me, that he can open up not being judged for this "demonstrativeness", being in an emotional safe zone.

I thought of coming up with a better word, what I think... "unexpressive" not carrying their heart on the sleeve but revealing it through action (which is and ).

Acts of service, remember!
    YES, that's the word I was looking for: unexpressive. Also: impersonal

That's why I love them That and the way they can carry weights!

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's pretty weird to think about it. Elevation of mood when not true is dishonest? I consider not doing so as putting others down.

For me dishonesty criteria would never be like that. It's the framework that you operate with. If you do not hold the truth about the system then you most essentially cheat when logic falls apart.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    It's pretty weird to think about it. Elevation of mood when not true is dishonest? I consider not doing so as putting others down.

For me dishonesty criteria would never be like that. It's the framework that you operate with. If you do not hold the truth about the system then you most essentially cheat when logic falls apart.
    Ahh, thanks! Perfect contrast of VS PoLR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    It's pretty weird to think about it. Elevation of mood when not true is dishonest?
    "Do you think this dress makes me look fat?"
    "If it did, you would expect me to lie, so that question gives you no information."
    True conversation.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ahh let me think
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Ahh let me think
    Okay.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"I don't want to be around dramatic people because they make drama. I'll be friends with them but as long as they don't bring the drama around me."

Fi value -friendship
    Fe devalued subdued calm environment but filled with mild laughter and not ostentatious displays
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-Valuer: "Maybe you could say that more nicely."
    ILI: "Oh yeah, I could lie... or I could be honest and you can just accept that I'm honest."

The ILI I know generally dismisses attempts to police her tone as trying to get her to "lie". She says that she aspires to a world where everyone is straightforward with each other. She also gets frustrated when I try to let her down gently about things.

As a fellow Ni lead, she's pretty good at ascertaining the most direct and crude manifestations of my motives-- "I'm sorry, I really wanted to talk about something specific with someone else and I'm not going to pay much attention to your story right now-" "just say you want me out of the room already"-- but she doesn't see the same purpose behind my fluffiness that I do. When I'm being nice about something, I'm trying to say "I appreciate you overall, just not in this context" as well as my charitable overall disposition towards her, my desire to communicate that disposition to the other person in the room so they don't read it as a reflection of our overall relationship, etc., whereas she just sees it all as the same broad social niceties with no functional effect.

If she were to comment on this post, she would probably say "just say I'm stupid, it's what you're thinking". And, er, I suppose it matters of Fe, I do think she's a little stupid. Or at least very superficial. But so am I in Te, so it balances out.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ben Deen got INFP on the 16personalities typology test

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ He's likely an NF...

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with SLI for him.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    Fe-Valuer: "Maybe you could say that more nicely."
    ILI: "Oh yeah, I could lie... or I could be honest and you can just accept that I'm honest."
    This is exactly the problem I tend to run into with ILI, or even gamma in general.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I agree with SLI for him.
    I do too actually
    -

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can remember thehotel talking about his preference in other people's way of expressing emotion. He said that he'd rather have someone be lighthearted and "fake" comical than someone who would for instance grievingly mention their grandmother died, going into heavy topics. I thought that was a good example to see how Fe PoLR works: They're the ones completely rejecting the former view. I was a bit shocked as well, how can you not appreciate the other person's honest and heartfelt sentiment, you could be in their situation - what would you do then, play it nice and cool, rainbows everywhere? I would expect Fe to be very torn there since it's socially expected to grieve, Fi aside. To me it doesn't matter if it kills the vibe, it just has to be truthful. If someone's lying and creating unnecessary drama by guilt or sympathy trips, that's another discussion.