Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RUMBLE PIT -- greater WSS thread forked from "Anyone want to help make socionics scientific"

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It's not possible to comment further in this thread in a way that is impossible to be misconstrued by someone else, so it's best not to post.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were not to rely on the subjunctive and negation to obscure my meaning, I still could not be certain I would be construed as un-rude?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    It's not possible to comment further in this thread in a way that is impossible to be misconstrued by someone else, so it's best not to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    If I were not to rely on the subjunctive and negation to obscure my meaning, I still could not be certain I would be construed as un-rude?
    So basically what you're saying is that you support intergalactic Nazi pedophile demon priests.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateEmcee View Post
    So I checked out the links proivded by K4M in the "what happened to Expat" thread, the links to posts on psychforums where Echidna/Jack claims to be a sociopath. I really see little that is disturbing there, he thought about urinating in someone's bathroom, like so what? It sounds like an adolescent prank. Not mature or wise, obviously, but not anything I would associate with sociopathy such as violence, abuse, theft, larceny, vandalism, and general antisocial behaviors; the only disturbing thing I saw in those links was the "does anyone like to be stangled" thread he started, which could be sociopathic or it could be a sexual fetish (sadism) or it could possibly be both. Hard to tell which one it is as there is little explanation. It seems alot of the things K4M quoted are quoted out of context, too.
    Thanks for looking more in depth with that than I did. Sorry @JAA When I’m suspicious of something I tend to attack it, esp other people’s character which I can’t judge very well. I feel better now.

I still think he could polish up a bit though.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    So basically what you're saying is that you support intergalactic Nazi pedophile demon priests.
    That's an outrageous allegation. I don't believe in demons.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    How would you characterize WSS? Is it an informal community, an NPO, or a business? Surely this isn't how you make your living.
    A mix of the three. It serves all three functions, although I think the former two are more established than the third.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh ... there is a type of person who doesn’t care what “ordinary” people think about them and who think they are above consequences. Psychopaths/sociopaths. Just sayin’.

Bye!
    Actually, that would better describe Schizoids.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Unironically wears a self-annointed crown to rule the Kingdom of Bullshit.
    Oh it's ironic. My friend Rana drew it as a joke. I've never actually claimed some kind of monarchic role over Socionics. I'm just one of a number of more influential figures in the expanded community.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Thanks for looking more in depth with that than I did. Sorry @JAA When I’m suspicious of something I tend to attack it, esp other people’s character which I can’t judge very well. I feel better now.

I still think he could polish up a bit though.
    I appreciate the apology.

Is there much you can do to explain to people reading your posts at the beginning of this thread that you had not looked deeply into what you were talking about?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are you working hard to cover your reputation?

(Refer to post #42 in this thread.)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echidna1000 View Post
    Actually, that would better describe Schizoids.
    Not affected by punishment cues: https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-yo...ing-to-science

That’s just one example from pop culture coverage ... similar descriptions throughout the real literature, and I have seen it myself and found it hard to understand.

Anticipation of punishment appears to be similarly atypical.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the apology.

Is there much you can do to explain to people reading your posts at the beginning of this thread that you had not looked deeply into what you were talking about?
    Sorry, but I’m not that sorry. I still see it as your problem at this point. Do what you can. Good luck.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Schizoid. The life of the party.
    Schizoid does not care about anything. Total apathy at best. No self interest involved. Psychopathy seems self involved condition. So the schizoid condition can go towards many directions regarding seriousness of the lack of involvements.

I think the underpinnings and mechanisms of the schizoid's involvement condition is different than that the ones of the psychopaths. Spectrum thinking does not reveal the reasons.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is WSS on Facebook?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    Why is WSS on Facebook?
    Because then Jack can spam people with invitations to increase the member count (the vast majority of which is inactive).

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Because then Jack can spam people with invitations to increase the member count (the vast majority of which is inactive).
    i had to tell multiple people to stop pestering me to join his facebook groups over the first month or two when he started them (then see this forum get spammed with various WSS meetup threads for every city). it got extremely annoying, like half my fb friends getting sucked into MLM, and probably the main reason why i feel negatively towards anything WSS.
    Last edited by bgbg; 11-19-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

So what you're all saying is, JOA is basically the Mark Zuckerberg of shitty pop psychology theories from backwater Iron Curtain satellite states...

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionic midget View Post
    i had to tell multiple people to stop pestering me to join his facebook groups over the first month or two when he started them (then see this forum get spammed with various WSS meetup threads for every city). it got extremely annoying, like half my fb friends getting sucked into MLM, and probably the main reason why i'm fed up with WSS anything.
    What is MLM?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    What is MLM?
    multi level marketing (amway, etc... pyramid schemes).
    Last edited by bgbg; 11-20-2018 at 12:53 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a few years ago so I don't remember, but I think it was continued observation after the interview making me think my initial perceptions were false.
    Well if this is the same person that i think it was LIE crossed my mind too lol, but i never said anything about it. Not that it matters.

Anyhow, i do read the blogs you guys post on occasion, not frequently but sometimes. I don't necessarily agree with the conclusions but i appreciate you try to keep it factual.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After thinking about it more I think it’s cool you left your psych forum posts up there @echidna1000 .

Also you’re Facebook friends with someone I went to school with, so I feel weirdly distantly connected to you.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

After thinking about it more I think it’s cool you left your psych forum posts up there @echidna1000 .
    ILE's have a peculiar (from my perspective) relationship to information. They value it for itself, more than they are able to see that it might harm them in the future.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ILE's have a peculiar relationship to information. They value it for itself, more than they are able to see that it might harm them in the future.
    Yes. My ILE bf is like this. When I tell him info for the purpose of him doing something with it immediately, the “you need to do something” part never registers. I have to tell him what to do separately and connect it lol. In a way it’s even more stereotypically IEI-like than IEIs are. I think it’s because they’re used to being innovative and not falling into holes or somehow staying protected from them, so they don’t feel a sense of urgency or fear easily. I’m envious of that but I’m probably better off as I am now. Still, it takes the courage (or willingness due to stupidity, whatever) to be vulnerable in order for things to change.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes. My ILE bf is like this. When I tell him info for the purpose of him doing something with it immediately, the “you need to do something” part never registers. I have to tell him what to do separately and connect it lol. In a way it’s even more stereotypically IEI-like than IEIs are. I think it’s because they’re used to being innovative and not falling into holes or somehow staying protected from them, so they don’t feel a sense of urgency or fear easily. I’m envious of that but I’m probably better off as I am now. Still, it takes the courage (or willingness due to stupidity, whatever) to be vulnerable in order for things to change.
    I think that ILE's are just blind to the way they come across to people, and are completely lacking in the Ni ability to project the consequences of their actions into their future relationships. They do want to protect their "good reputations", but this "want" seems to me to be on par with a raccoon's wish to drive a car.

Their relationship to facts is pretty good, but they can screw up an entire project while trying to optimize a small part of it. I think this is unvalued Te coupled with high Ne. On the other hand, they can be remarkable researchers, because they basically ignore tried and true solutions in favor of the new and different.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that ILE's are just blind to the way they come across to people, and are completely lacking in the Ni ability to project the consequences of their actions into their future relationships. They do want to protect their "good reputations", but this "want" seems to me to be on par with a raccoon's wish to drive a car.

Their relationship to facts is pretty good, but they can screw up an entire project while trying to optimize a small part of it. I think this is unvalued Te coupled with high Ne.
    It’s weird to me because you’d think with high Ne they’d be able to oversee and think about the bigger picture.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It’s weird to me because you’d think with high Ne they’d be able to oversee and think about the bigger picture.
    They may be able to see many futures, but Ne is all about never making a final choice. The possibilities have to be endless, which has to be associated with not being able to assign a "value" to each possible future.

I work with a couple ILE's, and while they are both really smart guys, I also see that they are simply, constitutionally, unable or unwilling to make a final choice. I end up doing that for them.

They are like the guy with a brain lesion who lost his Fi and would go into a store to buy beans, and if he found two different cans of beans, he would read the labels and would know everything about each can's contents, but would be unable to decide which can to buy. This is a direct result of not being able to assign "Fi" values to objects or plans.

"Fi" is called "ethics", but it is really, essentially, the arbitrary assignment of personal value to objects, people, and ideas. Without Fi "value", all Te facts are equal to each other. They're just meaningless facts.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. My ILE bf is like this. When I tell him info for the purpose of him doing something with it immediately, the “you need to do something” part never registers. I have to tell him what to do separately and connect it lol.
    That's interesting. I often have the opposite problem with low-Ni types - sometimes I want to get information for the purpose of using it later (e.g. getting directions to a place etc.) but they interpret it as something I want to do *now*.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    That's interesting. I often have the opposite problem with low-Ni types - sometimes I want to get information for the purpose of using it later (e.g. getting directions to a place etc.) but they interpret it as something I want to do *now*.
    LOL yeah I am like this. “Now?” Is something I ask frequently.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni Ignoring. They can see the potential future, but it doesn't interest them to focus on the probable one if not interesting to them.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

so we're all agreed; jung was definitely ESE.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their relationship to facts is pretty good, but they can screw up an entire project while trying to optimize a small part of it. I think this is unvalued Te coupled with high Ne. On the other hand, they can be remarkable researchers, because they basically ignore tried and true solutions in favor of the new and different.
    Hey now, a simple google search would have prevented you from slandering both raccoons and ILEs.

That’s hardly an isolated incident, raccoons are versatile and busy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Damn, @golden. That little bugger even looks ILE.

Where'd he get that car?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, @golden. That little bugger even looks ILE.

Where'd he get that car?
    I heard his parents bought it for him. Brat.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I heard his parents bought it for him. Brat.
    In twenty minutes, it'll be in pieces and forgotten and he'll be back to exploring dumpsters again.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE's have a peculiar (from my perspective) relationship to information. They value it for itself, more than they are able to see that it might harm them in the future.
    ^ this so hard

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can villingly shoot my self in the foot in the name of irrational information integrity.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234