Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,760 of 2884

Thread: Your typing of forum members (archived '15-'17)

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    You actually don't, it's painfully obvious you are not Ti ego. You think that I don't respond to you because I don't want to back up my arguments, but the truth of the matter is that your understanding of Socionics is so perverted and incomprehensible that I have no idea where to even start untangling your thoughts. It's hilarious, on top of that you have a massive ego and your main form of argumentation is literally to pile on insults. The definition of a waste of time.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's not LIE about Adam? He seems kind of typical, the "scientist / teacher" version of LIEs.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

For those of you who type me as SEI, could you give me a detailed description of how I use and value Si?

I get the impression that my 9 fix, So/Sx nature, and lack of strong Se make me look more like SEI than I truly am; besides the fact that SEI is literally the Look-alike of IEI.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    What's not LIE about Adam? He seems kind of typical, the "scientist / teacher" version of LIEs.
    He's like a typical... liberal... science... guy.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Also while I do think of creative Ni as the bullshitting function, I think LIEs typically bullshit in regards to facts: like theyll spin out a plan that isn't manipulative in terms of like a narrative or theory they want you to accept, more like they're coming up with a "plan" to tie the facts together in a way that achieves an end with limited resources or information in the same way a "narrative" (EIE) would except directed at tangible things/ends. In other words, they're not selling a bullshit theory they want someone to buy. they're the "buyer" and they're using it to achieve a goal. they're not slinging bullshit and gauging its effectiveness by who's convinced (EIE), but rather by what achieves a tangible goal (LIE), i.e.: physics. So I don't buy LIE as bullshitter in the sense Niffer is getting at.
    Hm, this is exactly what he seems to be doing. I need to understand this better. I've always viewed Te as being able to provide verifiable and trustworthy information. But I don't see him as using the facts to create a plan so much as making up the facts (and not field testing them enough before believing them and using them to advise others). I'm just really confused whenever people say that the bullshitting he does is creative Ni, and something about it goes over my head because it seems contrary to the nature of how I see Te. Maybe I do need my Te blocked with Si, because I don't just take random assertions at face value.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Hm, this is exactly what he seems to be doing. I need to understand this better. I've always viewed Te as being able to provide verifiable and trustworthy information. But I don't see him as using the facts to create a plan so much as making up the facts (and not field testing them enough before believing them and using them to advise others). I'm just really confused whenever people say that the bullshitting he does is creative Ni, and something about it goes over my head because it seems contrary to the nature of how I see Te. Maybe I do need my Te blocked with Si, because I don't just take random assertions at face value.
    That's because it doesn't have anything to do with Ni, its wrong on multiple levels. Assuming that, even if it did, how would that override an LIE's base function? Because to go against evidence in this way would suggest weak or unvalued Te. Niffer's response shows a clear lack of understanding of how functions work in Model A and should be disregarded. LIE's are evidence based to a fault. If you assume that LIE's are this way, then a lot of other things cease to make sense as well.
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why people think that Te-dom has to be this super 100% objectivity that never speculate about anything. I mean look at Director Abbie, she's quoting the bible as some trustworthy information (no offense). Everyone speculates... that's called being human. Anyway, Adam Strange does talk a lot about his own experiences, and base his own arguments on his own experience (whether you agree with his theories based on his experience or not) and that's what "Objectivist" in Socionics is all about.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    That's because it doesn't have anything to do with Ni, its wrong on multiple levels. Assuming that, even if it did, how would that override an LIE's base function?
    The same way LIIs can have trouble seeing reality even though they have Ti as base.
    Because to go against evidence in this way would suggest weak or unvalued Te. Niffer's response shows a clear lack of understanding of how functions work in Model A and should be disregarded. LIE's are evidence based to a fault. If you assume that LIE's are this way, then a lot of other things cease to make sense as well.
    LIEs may value evidence and experience and want to be as evidence-based as possible. But having weak sensing and sensing being one major source of evidence/information, especially what is considered empirical, it makes perfect sense that it might not always pan out all the time with always being able to rely on evidence purely, and that is where Ni creative steps in when it has to.

If you really think Adam's type is something other than LIE, and it being mentioned out of some reason other than just dual misunderstanding or interpersonal weirdness/beef, then you lack a clear understanding of Model A as well. I highly doubt that you have ever personally spoken to him even once.

Te is dynamic and mostly about business logic and pragmatic action, not just facts.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

It should be made clear that the Typology domain strongly lacks in evidence (of the Te kind). It is all Ti territory for the most part. An LIE will mostly have to rely on their Ti Ignoring and their Creative Ni to navigate those waters. That is probably why Adam is such a fan of V.I – it lacks a logically structured model and relies mostly on intuitive impression. If you want to see what an ILE is like, check @echidna1000 and his work and personality. He's the guy behind WSS.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I don't understand why people think that Te-dom has to be this super 100% objectivity that never speculate about anything. I mean look at Director Abbie, she's quoting the bible as some trustworthy information (no offense). Everyone speculates... that's called being human. Anyway, Adam Strange does talk a lot about his own experiences, and base his own arguments on his own experience (whether you agree with his theories based on his experience or not) and that's what "Objectivist" in Socionics is all about.
    It's not about "100% objectivity," it's about having a point of reference in the outside world (as opposed to "just believe me, I'm smart.") Fi then gauges the reliability of that source. So in my view, Abbie quoting the Bible is more Te than what Adam does, even if I personally don't think it's accurate.

For reference: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...of-information

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about "100% objectivity," it's about having a point of reference in the outside world (as opposed to "just believe me, I'm smart.") Fi then gauges the reliability of that source. So in my view, Abbie quoting the Bible is more Te than what Adam does, even if I personally don't think it's accurate.

Well Ni is about speculating, since it has to speculate about the future. You think that Elon Musk don't speculate, or even talk bullshit sometimes? I mean he has said that there's 1 in a billion chance that we don't live inside of a computer simulation. There's no direct evidence in the outside world for that. I mean he's not wrong, he could be logically correct, but this is all based on speculation. A lot of NTs and probably N types in general talk about stuff based on theory.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can you specify where in that thread it states that Te is about "having a point of reference in the outside world"?

Also, does this not sound exactly like Adam to you?:

Fi-Te:
    Fi-Te quadra types - in a "pure", "unrealistic" situation - would prefer to communicate in ways that avoid any selection or interpretation of information - in a "robotic" way even. Which is why, by the way, at least the rational Gamma/Delta dual couples become increasingly "unemotional" with time, at least to outsiders -- they find comfort precisely in the reassurance that there is no need to select information with that particular person, no need to "read between the lines".
    It's from what you linked.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Well Ni is about speculating, since it has to speculate about the future. You think that Elon Musk don't speculate, or even talk bullshit sometimes? I mean he has said that there's 1 in a billion chance that we don't live inside of a computer simulation. There's no direct evidence in the outside world for that. I mean he's not wrong, he could be logically correct, but this is all based on speculation. A lot of NTs and probably N types in general talk about stuff based on theory.
    I've never typed musk, but "one in a billion chance" is talking in terms of probabilities and is clearly speculation, which I don't see as incompatible with a Te worldview.

"we totally live in a simulation, so go to the wafflehouse instead of church" would be more along the lines of what Adam does and people call it Te because it involves "doing things," which is the new standard he has created for Te.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've never typed musk, but "one in a billion chance" is talking in terms of probabilities and is clearly speculation, which I don't see as incompatible with a Te worldview.
    Except that you do, otherwise you would be assuming he's an LSE instead of pushing for the idea that he's ILE like you are.

"we totally live in a simulation, so go to the wafflehouse instead of church" would be more along the lines of what Adam does and people call it Te because it involves "doing things," which is the new standard he has created for Te.
    He created it all by his lonesome self? If that's what you now understand and believe Te is, that's your prerogative.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Can you specify where in that thread it states that Te is about "having a point of reference in the outside world"?
    It's not a direct quote, but I'm not sure how you could interpret it in a radically different way. Te/Fi deals with the veracity of sources which are by nature external input, makes sense with Te being an extroverted element. Maybe you can explain how you're seeing it differently.

Also, does this not sound exactly like Adam to you?:

It's from what you linked.
    It sure as hell doesn't, lol. It sounds the opposite of Adam. Saying something in a confident and "objective" fashion does not mean you are not being subjective and selective, which is the entire basis of my frustration.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Except that you do, otherwise you would be assuming he's an LSE instead of pushing for the idea that he's ILE like you are.
    In contrast, Adam does not make clear that he's speaking in terms of probabilities. He comes up with ideas and presents them as unassailable facts. It makes him an unreliable information source as far as Fi is concerned.

He created it all by his lonesome self? If that's what you now understand and believe Te is, that's your prerogative.
    Te has always had an association with "how to do things" but this idea that anytime you're telling somebody what to do, no matter the basis or reasoning for it, you're using Te, is a new phenomenon.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean no sane person is going to say, "Yes, we totally live in a computer simulation and there's 100% proof", but saying "1 in a billion chance" is a pretty confident way of saying "yes". Elon Musk has to convince people that we will live in an automated driverless world with electric cars, with hyperloop tunnels, and that we will be colonizing and living in Mars one day. So there is a lot of speculation that doesn't have a point of reference in the current world.

Anyway, I've never really noticed Adam speculating much, it's more that he's making a theory based on his own experiences. And since typing is subjective... it's not really going to align with "reality", especially with somebody else's, which is another way of saying that people type differently all the time. I mean that's really the core of the problem with Socionics...

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's not a direct quote, but I'm not sure how you could interpret it in a radically different way. Te/Fi deals with the veracity of sources which are by nature external input, makes sense with Te being an extroverted element. Maybe you can explain how you're seeing it differently.
    Great, thanks for the information then.

It sure as hell doesn't, lol. It sounds the opposite of Adam.
    In contrast, Adam does not make clear that he's speaking in terms of probabilities. He comes up with ideas and presents them as unassailable facts. It makes him an unreliable information source as far as Fi is concerned.
    Right. Find one person who agrees with you on these points, and especially that this is enough basis for typing him as something other than Te lead and LIE and I'll leave the thread. This response just sounds like a typical, subjective interpretation of a skeptical ESI first having to deal with an LIE before they've established enough trust with them. Textbook.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I mean no sane person is going to say, "Yes, we totally live in a computer simulation and there's 100% proof", but saying "1 in a billion chance" is a pretty confident way of saying "yes". Elon Musk has to convince people that we will live in an automated driverless world with electric cars, with hyperloop tunnels, and that we will be colonizing and living in Mars one day. So there is a lot of speculation that doesn't have a point of reference in the current world.
    I can't speak on this very well because I've never listened to musk, but "one in a billion chance" still has a bent toward remaining honest and accurate as opposed to stating it as fact, which might be petty but is an important distinction to Fi egos, who need information sources they can reliably depend on.

Anyway, I've never really noticed Adam speculating much, it's more that he's making a theory based on his own experiences. And since typing is subjective... it's not really going to align with "reality", especially with somebody else's, which is another way of saying that people type differently all the time. I mean that's really the core of the problem with Socionics...
    There are plenty of people who cite their sources and provide rational backing for their socionics views. I don't see making unsupportable claims as unavoidable.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's not a direct quote,
    There are plenty of people who cite their sources and provide rational backing for their socionics views. I don't see making unsupportable claims as unavoidable.
    Nice.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Great, thanks for the information then.

Right. Find one person who agrees with you on these points, and especially that this is enough basis for typing him as something other than Te lead and LIE and I'll leave the thread. This response just sounds like a typical, subjective interpretation of a skeptical ESI first having to deal with an LIE before they've established enough trust with them. Textbook.
    @thehotelambush

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Nice.
    It's not supportable unless I parrot it directly? Don't be silly.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same way LIIs can have trouble seeing reality even though they have Ti as base.

LIEs may value evidence and experience and want to be as evidence-based as possible. But having weak sensing and sensing being one major source of evidence/information, especially what is considered empirical, it makes perfect sense that it might not always pan out all the time with always being able to rely on evidence purely, and that is where Ni creative steps in when it has to.
    Blah Blah Blah, my name's niffer, I've never heard of news reports, scientific journals, or books. I can't read so the only evidence that exists is what I see.

This line of thinking actually explains a ton about you, ironically.
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At least get the basics right first before you try being creative. That's something that Cassandra at least tries to do. So much use that goes to being Te valuing and focused on thinking outside of the box if you are still wrong.

Being Ne polr though, I bet you'd shit your pants at being called creative for once. @lungs

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    For those of you who type me as SEI, could you give me a detailed description of how I use and value Si?

I get the impression that my 9 fix, So/Sx nature, and lack of strong Se make me look more like SEI than I truly am; besides the fact that SEI is literally the Look-alike of IEI.
    It's that you don't seem (imo) to look at consequences, everything very much relates to the present time. The poetry that you linked to - none of it was drawing connection between past present and future, it wasn't stretched forward through time the way I see Ni people express themselves, it was all just now. You don't seem to see the patterns and ties of where things lead - projecting patterns into the future to any great degree, certainly not as a Ni lead does. Using figurative language as is done in poetry isn't Ni, it's just a device and technique, where a person's thoughts are and the depth to which they explore something says more about their type. None of this is an insult btw, because I'm also quite present-focused. I also have imagination and thoughts and so forth - none of that is intuition or Ni. Since you like poetry - think of Robert Burn's poem about the mouse - you know the best laid plans of mice and men, and how he says the mouse is better off than he is because he doesn't worry about the future, or the past, everything that happens to him is now, and then it is over. (Although I disagree that makes a mouse, or person better off, as things can tumble down on you rather suddenly) the way you express yourself says you are closer to the way the mouse views things than Burns. You don't seem to see things coming any better than I do.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Looks like this thread is gonna get closed soon...

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

At least get the basics right first before you try being creative. That's something that Cassandra at least tries to do. So much use that goes to being Te valuing and focused on thinking outside of the box if you are still wrong.

Being Ne polr though, I bet you'd shit your pants at being called creative for once. @lungs
    Unless you point out where I'm getting the basics wrong, this is a totally empty criticism.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Looks like this thread is gonna get closed soon...
    If the thread gets closed that means your Ni prediction was right and you're an IEI. Oh no, we can't have that happen now...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, everyone needs to relax.
    Second of all, can we admit that nobody knows what they are talking about on here?
    Third of all:
    - @Adam Strange isn't LIE
    - @Cassandra isn't IEI
    - @niffer isn't SLE
    - Nobody knows what they are talking about and @Singularity needs to shut up with this new age Socionics bullshit.

*Case Closed*

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Second of all, can we admit that nobody knows what they are talking about on here?
    Third of all:
    - @Cassandra isn't IEI
    - @niffer isn't SLE
    - Nobody knows what they are talking about and @Singularity needs to shut up with this new age Socionics bullshit.

*Case Closed*
    Genius.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Third of all:
    - @Cassandra isn't IEI
    - @niffer isn't SLE

*Case Closed*
    Case is not closed, we r curious why not. If people here don't know what they are talking about it's your task to make it better so now's the chance!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Case is not closed, we r curious why not. If people here don't know what they are talking about it's your task to make it better so now's the chance!
    No need to question, just accept it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Some people in here are ruining their dignity for a typology system...

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No need to question, just accept it.
    Doesn't make your reasoning any better. WE WANT EXPLANATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! HYAAAH

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Why have dignity when you can love Augusta and her squad

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Except for the time drain? I feel like I've added to mine.

Some people in here still have that to begin with.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no such thing as "new age Socionics"...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no such thing as "new age Socionics"...
    Yes there is and you insist on it every single time. "Objectivism" isn't a fucking concept

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I feel like I've added to mine.
    ...Okay.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes there is and you insist on it every single time. "Objectivism" isn't a fucking concept
    ... Not *just* a fucking concept I'm guessing you meant? Unless you were joking. Because it is a philosophical concept...

Man, is this meta...