Thread: Everyone has a powerful inner world

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Everyone has a powerful inner world

This started off as a blog but I'm making it a thread.

now that I've been hanging out with girls more often I start doing things like analyzing the feelings I get when I listen to songs.

There is something I've tried to express to everyone that I never could seem to get to do.

Everyone has an inner world that is beautiful or emotionally powerful in some way.

For example: my younger brother listens to this music: (it gets particularly powerful around 3:20ish)

I listen to it and I think "ew, what is this? it makes me uncomfortable."

Then he likes art like this:

I look at it and I think, "gross,"

then when I put the two together, listen to the music and watch the picture, I suddenly see something completely different. I see an apocalyptic doom, coming on the horizon, with a sort of pleading for mercy tone to it, where people huddle together for safety, their communion is a very close and powerful bond, like two survivors of the apocalypse who find one another and join together feeling absolute comfort in finding one another.

I believe each person has some powerful theme that they cling onto. Their art, and their choice in music very much signifies this. Their actions in life also are a part of this.

I wonder if its personality related, or ennneagram related, or a combination of both based on quadra values. Regardless I find most E5's tend to hold the same feelings as my brother. I'd like to map out what it is each enneagram feels and why. I wonder if it even has something to do with Jung's Archetypes.
    http://psychology.about.com/od/perso...archetypes.htm

I now can TRULY appreciate his music and his art. I understand why he likes it, I know that someone doesn't simply "like something" because he's an idiot and likes shit that sucks.

So I've been trying to discover what it is about myself. My own inner world. What potent theme do I usually have?

It is one of alienation and willpower. A forlorn desolation where a light at the end of the tunnel obscures a crowd of people calling my name that I have to fight in order to reach. Its rather heavenly, for the most part. I find it is most strongly represented by this song, as well as the picture. It is a vision of "ultimate success," as if there are a bunch of people waiting who said, "you finally did it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXTDo_Fe21Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTozCB3cueA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgcsdO4vt2w

This is what I see ahead of me, visions of success after decades of struggle, knowing that one day I'll finally "do it."

If I apply it to other music, the emotions in this song speak to some sort of transience to life. The passing seasons, things grow, live, die. There's a sort of sadness about it that we can't necessarily dwell in. At the same time the song is restful and quells some fears of death by saying its natural.

So, what is your inner world like? What is your "theme"? What are your thoughts on this in general?

(ps: @Gilly, I was hoping you'd just copy paste your original response)
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 10-07-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other theme of mine would be the one that I'm writing a sci fi book about. An awkward war machine with the heart of a child, as represented by this music:

The zoom-in of the universe emphasizes the loneliness that this music is built upon.

I believe frankenstein was also written upon this theme. Here you can sort of imagine an innocent moster picking flowers by himself in a meadow. These themes play out a lot in Bryan El's music.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 10-07-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice post. But I don't think socionics or e-type have the clarity to artfully describe the inner world. The planets on the other hand..

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, perhaps not. I don't think socionics is capable of saying "SLE's INNER WORLD IS ABOUT EXPLODING UNICORNS" and "ILI's INNER WORLD IS ABOUT PINK ELEPHANTS" but I think there can be accurate connections toward the functions made to the reasons behind why the inner worlds are shaped the way they are.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sure there are connections.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I started laughing because I immediately thought of scapegrace's blog.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beksinsky said most people misunderstand his art. it was originally made with humorous intent.

Creepy-pokeball

My inner world is a selfish whore.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    Beksinsky said most people misunderstand his art. it was originally made with humorous intent.
    Yeah my brother talks to me about it often. His method is dumb and he just starts painting on the canvas, and somehow it turns into a crazy picture. That's the only humor involved.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post

tandra gone wrong

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah my brother talks to me about it often. His method is dumb and he just starts painting on the canvas, and somehow it turns into a crazy picture. That's the only humor involved.
    Do not mistake your potential lack of understanding to his potential geniousity.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Do not mistake your potential lack of understanding to his potential geniousity.
    I understand how it works for the most part.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    Sometimes you write for yourself, and sometimes art reaches an audience of one. And every once in awhile I drink wine when I post.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

what makes an inner world powerful

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post

You can move thoughts with your mind. Woah.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comon people quit phaffing about! Tell us your inner worlds or suffer the consequences! (nothing really)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is a very nice thread DJ
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comon people quit phaffing about! Tell us your inner worlds or suffer the consequences! (nothing really)
    Wasn't there already a thread about exactly this?

EDIT: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...d-you-describe

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratremix View Post
    Nice post. But I don't think socionics or e-type have the clarity to artfully describe the inner world. The planets on the other hand..
    They do call attention to it though, which is nice. Plus like I always feel like I'm cheating when I'm having a discussion with someone who also understands socionics/enneagam and then I resort to something like "I feel or acted this way because I'm this type." I mean I do it, but when it comes to interesting communication "I'M THE FUCKING MAN, THAT'S WHY!" Is way more fun. You gotta seize those opportunities, ya know?
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

what is an inner world anyway? i didn't read the op, seemed like a lot of words and multimedia and i got scared

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironically this Oscar Wilde quote sums up what the thread is about, Cpig.

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

okay

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"ILI's INNER WORLD IS ABOUT PINK ELEPHANTS"

This explains everything. I'm not actually your dual. Pressure is off.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay
    DJ is basically trying to say that people's "inner worlds" are outwardly expressed by the kind of media they subject themselves too, which I think is bullshit.

I don't think that the fact that I like cheesy action movies and Lightnin' Hopkins has shit to do with my soul.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    DJ is basically trying to say that people's "inner worlds" are outwardly expressed by the kind of media they subject themselves too, which I think is bullshit.

I don't think that the fact that I like cheesy action movies and Lightnin' Hopkins has shit to do with my soul.
    ew i don't like most of the flicks in that genre, also who is Lightnin' Hopkins

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ew i don't like most of the flicks in that genre, also who is Lightnin' Hopkins

I'm not gonna argue that Smokin' Aces is a good example of film, but I liked watching it.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I'm not gonna argue that Smokin' Aces is a good example of film, but I liked watching it.
    lol dork

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that a judgment of my inner world?

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, what is your inner world like?

What is your "theme"?
    refining rage

What are your thoughts on this in general?
    A powerful inner world has the price of a weak outer world.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emo kid, get a haircut.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJ, your brother's taste is lame.
    Also I disagree with the thread title. It implies that someone has claimed the opposite. I am pretty sure that some people have relatively deeper inner worlds than others which is what matters.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh I'd like to put emphasis on the fact that this is your most emotionally powerful and most important inner world that you have, the one that is at the very deepest parts of your heart and mind.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Wasn't there already a thread about exactly this?

EDIT: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...d-you-describe
    The timing of that thread would suggest lungs read my blog and thought it would make a good thread so she made one. Idunno if that's the case, but regardless this one is a little more in depth and I tried to walk people through the mindset on how to appreciate someone else's inner world.

Creepy-pokeball

expl0sionz

Creepy-pokeball

My lack of taste isnt a reflection of my inner-self, so I agree with you, but it does reflect other parts of my non-external self. Also, it is simply relative to me; I love to bathe in ridiculousness sometimes.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae2point0 View Post
    My lack of taste isnt a reflection of my inner-self, so I agree with you, but it does reflect other parts of my non-external self. Also, it is simply relative to me; I love to bathe in ridiculousness sometimes.
    <3 <3 <3
    Speaking of which I've been meaning to talk to your about Resident Evil 4!!!

Creepy-pokeball

<3 <3 <3
    Speaking of which I've been meaning to talk to your about Resident Evil 4!!!

Oh lord. There is a scene in it tha I posted to FB, where Milla Jovavich is like doing this weird ass pose while flying on a rope. It was like the director was like, "Look campy, smile big, and have fun!" It's so awesome

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was so maternal in this one.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The timing of that thread would suggest lungs read my blog and thought it would make a good thread so she made one. Idunno if that's the case, but regardless this one is a little more in depth and I tried to walk people through the mindset on how to appreciate someone else's inner world.
    you have me blocked from your blog, lol. but i noticed the title at the bottom of the screen after i made the thread and i was like "oh that must have been where i got the idea"

this thread is different so its whatever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast