Thread: What do you hate about INFjs?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PTL

I can read words and may not understand meaning, like a foreign language. I am selective to certain info more than the other. That is why I am not a logical type. So when you read "ethical" info you may find it hard to grasp the meaning too. So we are selective - do we want ot or not.

You say basicclay taht you find it difficult to protect yourself from everything what is said and you doubt that the cloak can do it as well (right?) I am not to sure - why? Is it a quality of a logical type? Could be. If we shall say logical people are conceptual thinkers then like Logos said, they perceive things in relation to each other and the whole concept. They may notice quicker that info does not fit into.

We can assume that feelings are subjective in the nature. We may feel the same or different towards the same situation, event or person. Concept suppose to come into the picture later when we try to rationalise how we feel and why or relate to the feeling of others. Situation or person iss perceived as subjective experience. For example, if I feel this way and the other or the others feel different it does not automatically make me feel the way they feel even if I feel "wrong". in general, logic on the other hand make things clear immediately and you have to either agree or disagree. The life would be so easier if we all would be robots with clear mathematical thinking in our heads. We could repair each ohter more quickly and succesfully and destroy those who are worn out.

I think God and Devil is not as such about the form but about the content and that is why we argue. Socioinics at this moment is more about the form and idea - informational metabolism! there is no point to argue who is more of a Devil or more of a God. Just being logical does not make you automatically a religous phanatic or atheist and ethical people could be very unethical if the develop in the negative. It does not stip us though to share personal experiences, ideas no matter how crazy they sound. We are not going to generalise from that. Day and night are part of one and both can work for better or for worse.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Yes, that person would more than likely cross into fanaticism. I never said that somehow thinkers were immune to bouts of fanaticism, but rather that the frequency of these logical-fanatics is more than likely much lower than the frequency of ethical-fanatics.
    I thought about this and I'm not at all sure you can say "more than likely". I didn't read the whole thread but what is this probablity estimate based on? And instead of saying "thinkers" or "feelers" to which functions exactly you see fanaticism correlate with? ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about this and I'm not at all sure you can say "more than likely".
    You're right, I can't. It was more an estimate based upon the hypothetical person's current trends. The person would probably have met a level of fanaticism that would have matched with the understanding of fanaticism of the person who posed the hypothetical.

I didn't read the whole thread but what is this probablity estimate based on?
    Not much of anything really beyond trying to type the perception of typical fanatics. I responded due to logical types being called fanatics and seeing the world in black and white, which I thought was a way too simplistic view, and which could just as easily be inverted to ethical types as well.

And instead of saying "thinkers" or "feelers" to which functions exactly you see fanaticism correlate with? ?
    Honestly, I'm not sure that fanaticism correlates with a single function, but perhaps a series of functions pressed upon by external stresses. The other problem is simply the semantics of what "fanaticism" entails, since the word has a plethora of connotations which differ from person to person. What some people see as fanaticism may just be ruthlessness or enthusiasm to others.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Honestly, I'm not sure that fanaticism correlates with a single function, but perhaps a series of functions pressed upon by external stresses. The other problem is simply the semantics of what "fanaticism" entails, since the word has a plethora of connotations which differ from person to person. What some people see as fanaticism may just be ruthlessness or enthusiasm to others.
    Ok. Appreciated. Not a single function and requires exceptional circumstances. But you mentioned ruthlessness and enthusiasm. Now to my ear these sound like and so perhaps these two functions are somehow involved. For example the conquistador-style would be closer to style fanaticism whereas suicide bomber -style would be closer to style fanaticism.

Now could we find similar examples of and style fanaticism? Point being perhaps fanaticism is not tied to being T or F but instead fanaticism is a disturbance of mind which manifests differently in different individuals depending on their type/functional preferences.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default yes that is true

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    How indirect they are. I cannot read minds. I take things as they are but it seems as if, to them, there's always some 'deeper' meaning. They seem so afraid to hurt my feelings by creating conflict but that only creates more conflict. It's one type i'm not keen on having a relationship with.
    Greetings! This is my first post...I think...or at least in a long long time.

This is perfect, the only thing I don't like about INFJ. My best friend is INFJ, we were very good but our workplace hit hard times and now she drives me nuts (I'm INFP) because I want to be direct about things and she's always uncomfortably trying to redirect my feelings somewhere else to avoid conflict, and it's always in such a way that I sense she thinks she helping me or protecting me from my own anger.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is/are "INFjs" a stand-in for here? "INFjs" aren't some hivemind that did something to you and now you need to work revenge on them...

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by synnt View Post
    Greetings! This is my first post...I think...or at least in a long long time.

This is perfect, the only thing I don't like about INFJ. My best friend is INFJ, we were very good but our workplace hit hard times and now she drives me nuts (I'm INFP) because I want to be direct about things and she's always uncomfortably trying to redirect my feelings somewhere else to avoid conflict, and it's always in such a way that I sense she thinks she helping me or protecting me from my own anger.
    Hello! This isn't actually MBTI forums. A troll put in some replacement software. It's EII/IEI or INFj/INFp here. You might also want to avoid getting involved. This place is so dead when I was barely active, I was the most active person here, and it still hasn't changed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123