Thread: Type Mating Calls

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Mating Calls

So, if the mating call for ESE's is, "Help! I am really good with logic and stuff but I suck at social stuff!" then is the LII mating call "Help! I am really good with social stuff but I suck at logic and stuff!"

And now I will list all of your suggestions, and see what kind of list we get.

The following mating calls are listed SENDING the call.

ILE
    Being awkward. *Insert pseudo-philosophical and scientific babble here*

SEI
    *I made these fresh pastries and I'm eating them and they're so yummy I could die, see the look of pleasure on my face, don't you wish you had some of my pastries*

ESE
    "Help! I am really good with social stuff but I suck at logic and stuff!"

LII
    "Help! I am really good with logic and stuff but I suck at social stuff!"

EIE

LSI

SLE
    "Hey baby, I drive a bimmer!" *brags about list of accomplishments then proceeds to grab ass*

IEI
    *smile & walk away* ... *Show up, run away. Lie low. Show up, run away. Repeat a lot until they throw the right Pokeball at you a few times.*

SEE
    I will make one or two moves, like buying you (the ILI) a drink and stating that you're (the ILI is) attractive, but I (the SEE) will shy away at any sign that I (theSEE) misinterpret to mean you (the ILI)are not cuddling with me (the SEE) this very second.

ILI
    Help, I stare at you (the SEE) when you're (the SEE) not looking because you're (the SEE) full of beautiful life, but when you look in my (the ILI's) direction, (you [the SEE]are the center of attention, and to show you (the SEE) I'm (the ILI is) looking at you (the SEE) like all the other people are who are smiling at your (the SEE's)antics might be disadvantageous) then I I(the ILI)will look away from you (the SEE) . . . into the ether like I (the ILI) am autistic and intellectual and grasping the patterns in the universe--and from my (the ILI's)peripheral vision and from people who confide in me (the ILI), it works. You (the SEE)stop like the sun in the sky and just sort of stare at me (the ILI).

If you (the SEE) clearly like me (the ILI), too, I (the ILI)may then be very straightforward about liking you (the SEE).*

LIE

ESI

LSE
    "Now offering fully-trained wife! Comes complete with skills for cooking, childbearing, and general household management! Limited supply, get yours today!"
    *applicant must fulfull all prerequisits outlined in form B and be willing to live according to subsection 8

EII
    "Hello...Iama quietand friendlyguy, friendlyguy. Ineeda companion forever forever."

IEE
    "I'm most assuredly interested but don't have the wherewithal to make the initiative, so hurry your ass up and kiss me lazy son of a bitch."

SLI
    Idle caveman grunts towards the object of his affection, maybe the occasional eyebrow raise/furrow to indicate sexual maturity and prowess.
    Last edited by Taknamay; 10-26-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the HA would be the mating call if there ever was one.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ROFL
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SEI mating call is being awkward.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mating call I hear: "Hello...Iama quietand friendlyguy, friendlyguy. Ineeda companion forever forever."

Mating call I give: "Now offering fully-trained wife! Comes complete with skills for cooking, childbearing, and general household management! Limited supply, get yours today!"*
    *applicant must fulfull all prerequisits outlined in form B and be willing to live according to subsection 8

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-male

Creepy-male

I also use the basoon

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp mating call is something akin to idle caveman grunts towards the object of his affection, maybe the occasional eyebrow raise/furrow to indicate sexual maturity and prowess. In response, he gets back a series of idle yet persistent sidelong glances, thus signaling to the SLI "I'm most assuredly interested but don't have the wherewithal to make the initiative, so hurry your ass up and kiss me lazy son of a bitch." Then sex.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh that bassoon was my favorite instrument to play back in HS.

Creepy-male

guy number 2 is jamming out on it like a boss

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List them for each type and you'll make me a happy man.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List them for each type and you'll make me a happy man.
    Hmm. I suppose I will start putting additions in the first post.
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I'm sorry I know I shouldn't bump but I really don't want this thread to die D:
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    IEI - "Hey baby, I drive a bimmer!" *brags about list of accomplishments then proceeds to grab ass*

SLE - *smile & walk away*
    Oh my god, this one's a winner!

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ILE: *Insert pseudo-philosophical and scientific babble here*
    SEI: *I made these fresh pastries and I'm eating them and they're so yummy I could die, see the look of pleasure on my face, don't you wish you had some of my pastries*

I've met two SEI's abroad while on vacation and one of them was in Berlin who was a baker and the other in Prague had a ice cream shop. I think it's more then just a desire for good food and such but the sincere pleasure I see in them partaking in their own products and quiet hospitality that they exude.

The ice cream shop in Prague, the owner had only us in there and had us watch the shop while she went out to get heavy cream. These silly day to day interactions were definitely two extremely memorable experiences on vacation for me and probably what sticks in my mind the most.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    ISTp mating call is something akin to idle caveman grunts towards the object of his affection, maybe the occasional eyebrow raise/furrow to indicate sexual maturity and prowess. In response, he gets back a series of idle yet persistent sidelong glances, thus signaling to the SLI "I'm most assuredly interested but don't have the wherewithal to make the initiative, so hurry your ass up and kiss me lazy son of a bitch." Then sex.
    You missed the part about the IEE proceeding to make a one-sided conversation to call for the kiss.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    as an INTp, I employ the eyebrow raises often and occasionally they've indicated my sexual interest. "Lazy"?! "Lazy"???!!!!!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI Help, I stare at you when you're not looking because you're full of beautiful life, but when you look in my direction, (you are the center of attention, and to show you I'm looking at you like all the other people are who are smiling at your antics might be disadvantageous) then I will look away from you . . . into the ether like I am autistic and intellectual and grasping the patterns in the universe--and from my peripheral vision and from people who confide in me, it works. You stop like the sun in the sky and just sort of stare at me.

If you clearly like me, too, I may then be very straightforward about liking you.

SEE I will make one or two moves, like buying you a drink and stating that you're attractive, but I will shy away at any sign that I misinterpret to mean you are not cuddling with me this very second.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    So, if the mating call for ESE's is, "Help! I am really good with logic and stuff but I suck at social stuff!"
    For the record, there is much more than 'logic' that appeals to me about LIIs.

IMO, they have a hilarious sense of humor, sort of sarcastic, and yet ingenious at the same time (maybe a combination of Ti+Ne), which I just love, and seem to get more than other people. My one dual friend Charlie, it's like we read each other's minds.

Second, I really like the following: "When working among others he (the ESE) makes a lot of unnecessary movements, as if to disguise what he is really doing. In this way he draws to work his dual (The Analyst),"

^^ Hard to explain, but I really like that the LII watches what I'm doing, almost in a caring, protective manner, that I don't have to ask. Let me try to explain with a small example.

My friend Charlie and I were in a pizza shop, with other people, and while going to sit down at the same table, I glance around a bit, and Charlie asks, "What do you need, ketchup?". (Which I was looking for). He read my mind. And he pointed me where to get it.

That's a small example, but in general, it's sort of like the LII can help me be more productive, and looks out for me, even when I'm being polite (Fe) and not giving orders and demanding (Se-related) ketchup, which the LII hates anyway.

Idk, Charlie and I have a lot of fun with nonverbal communication, maybe that's more related to the LII-ESE duality than others, and can laugh and have fun too.

Oh! And another example quick.

Long story short, 2 of my friends on my business team, shouldn't be talking with these other people, because they're bad examples, with bad ideas, not growing, etc. Charlie was the first to notice they were talking, and nudged me, and I politely walked over, while grabbing a glass of water, and nonchalantly suggested to my 2 friends that we take our seats, so we can be ready to hear from the next speaker. Worked perfectly. It's almost like LII+ESE brings a formidable combination of strategy+people skills.

And IMO, LIIs are extremely observant of their environment, more than they let on to others, for Introverts. They just tend to be a bit unwilling to interact with the environment... which is where ESE comes in!!!!

I my LIIs.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-IEI duality

LSE-SEI supervision

SEE-LIE activity

Last edited by mu4; 11-17-2011 at 02:22 AM. Reason: NSFW
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think female SLE's(esp ti subtype) have it really really tough, because there's none of the groin thrusting(generally frowned upon) to go with the awkward feelings. Also poor relationships can resulted in unwanted children and other problems. My SLE-ti friend is one of the loneliest people I know.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    ILE: *Insert pseudo-philosophical and scientific babble here*
    Haha, One ILE I was on a date with started talking to me about how we actually ARE in space right now, conceptually speaking, even though we are on the surface of the earth. She repeated to me, "WE ARE ACTUALLY IN SPACE RIGHT NOW, this is a big insight I've had". I was "That's interesting, I think I understand what you mean, ok, should we go to the botanical garden now and check out the plants?". Then we went there and she liked it

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Haha, One ILE I was on a date with started talking to me about how we actually ARE in space right now, conceptually speaking, even though we are on the surface of the earth. She repeated to me, "WE ARE ACTUALLY IN SPACE RIGHT NOW, this is a big insight I've had". I was "That's interesting, I think I understand what you mean, ok, should we go to the botanical garden now and check out the plants?". Then we went there and she liked it
    ...This is so much like how it works out with my SEI. He'll let me go off on tangents of ideas and just whatever comes to me, but then it gets to a point where he's just "Okay, dear, that's cool, but how about we watch a movie now and I make you a steak?"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE are very blunt, they will say they like you and want to see you again; when they joke with you, you know they like you.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol, how should I know?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I touch gently and laugh at the LSE's jokes, but mostly I ask very probing questions; "What would you do if you got a girl pregnant" and my bf answer as all LSE would "depends on the situation."

So, it's my nature to try to figure things out, to analyze things, to try to look for answers to the unanswerable; seeking definitive answers to things that aren't there/here yet.

I do like to cook and manage the house
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-23-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still want to finish this list!! Come on, guys! D:
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I still want to finish this list!! Come on, guys! D:
    You haven't used what hkkmr put for ILEs and SEIs.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    You haven't used what hkkmr put for ILEs and SEIs.
    Woah, hey, I missed that! Thanks.
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Woah, hey, I missed that! Thanks.
    But they need flipped around.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They do, but it is socionics where everything is upside down, so it is okay.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to make it for the receiving end of the call. Did I mess up?
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I tried to make it for the receiving end of the call. Did I mess up?
    Oh, right. I forgot.

We need some @Gammas.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Trust me, hitting them over the head and dragging them to your cave DOES NOT WORK.
    -

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Trust me, hitting them over the head and dragging them to your cave DOES NOT WORK.

Sure it does.

"[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    You just aren't hitting them hard enough.

I dunno with Gammas it has to be functional first. I wouldn't say I have any particular mating call.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, if the mating call for ESE's is, "Help! I am really good with logic and stuff but I suck at social stuff!" then is the LII mating call "Help! I am really good with social stuff but I suck at logic and stuff!"

And now I will list all of your suggestions, and see what kind of list we get.

The following mating calls are listed under the RECEIVING end of the call.

SEE
    I will make one or two moves, like buying you a drink and stating that you're attractive, but I will shy away at any sign that I misinterpret to mean you are not cuddling with me this very second... Help, I stare at you when you're not looking because you're full of beautiful life, but when you look in my direction, (you are the center of attention, and to show you I'm looking at you like all the other people are who are smiling at your antics might be disadvantageous) then I will look away from you... into the ether like I am autistic and intellectual and grasping the patterns in the universe--and from my peripheral vision and from people who confide in me, it works. You stop like the sun in the sky and just sort of stare at me.

ILI
    You combined them. the ILI stares and then stares off, as if s/he's deep in thought. the SEE buys drinks and gets nervous if s/he's not being cuddled/adored.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    You combined them. the ILI stares and then stares off, as if s/he's deep in thought. the SEE buys drinks and gets nervous if s/he's not being cuddled/adored.
    Oh, I see. I will fix it

EDIT: Wait, I still don't understand how to organize this. Can you help?
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can start by changing all the mating calls from what they listen for to what they say to stop the confusion.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why SEEs always gotta be referenced as females? I feel like the only man lady bug.
    Easy Day

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast