Thread: What would make an IEE scary?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default What would make an IEE scary?

Have you met IEEs that you found scary or intimidating or were otherwise afraid of?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narcissistic personality disorder makes an IEE scary. But it tends to have that effect on a person of any type.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible for an IEE to be scary? They come across as the most genuinely innocent people around. That's not a bad thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs can be scary. Of the ones I know, it's more of a situational scary, like they're under stress and transfer their stress onto other people. I haven't known any who are crazy yet I tend to avoid crazy people of all types.
    IEE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No. The two IEE I know, both have constant head aches, which I feel really bad for them for, one is always warm and smiley the other is just a workaholic, but not by any means unpleasant, both are not good at giving relationship advice.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being an LSI?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A funny wig.

Or being Zach Galifianakis.

Last edited by Park; 03-13-2011 at 11:51 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    IEEs can be scary. Of the ones I know, it's more of a situational scary, like they're under stress and transfer their stress onto other people. I haven't known any who are crazy yet I tend to avoid crazy people of all types.
    I was told that some people find me scary and I really don't like that. I think you are right about the stress. I am under a lot of pressure and get stressed and then I can become very mood-swingy. The people in question don't know me very well and they only know me through a third person, so I shouldn't take it personally. But things like these make me question my type (ROAR Se ROAR, I must be SEE). But my Se is just too erratic to be Se-ego. It's hard to be me.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I was told that some people find me scary and I really don't like that. I think you are right about the stress. I am under a lot of pressure and get stressed and then I can become very mood-swingy. The people in question don't know me very well and they only know me through a third person, so I shouldn't take it personally. But things like these make me question my type (ROAR Se ROAR, I must be SEE). But my Se is just too erratic to be Se-ego. It's hard to be me.
    From the one picture I've seen of you (back in 2006 or something, lol) I don't remember you as scary. Quite the opposite. You looked like the type of person.. um.. animal I'd want to be eaten by.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can be neurotic and overly emotional, inconsistent, and appearing very disturbed.

They can create enemy images, and become locked in how they view someone, being very un-fact based, or assuming and reading into things more than is reasonable.

Both delta NFs can be that way.

A strong sense of entitled grumpiness when they are cranky or "Si depraved" in certain ways. When they don't have their comfort zone accessible they can act very strange.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    They can be neurotic and overly emotional, inconsistent, and appearing very disturbed.

They can create enemy images, and become locked in how they view someone, being very un-fact based, or assuming and reading into things more than is reasonable.

A strong sense of entitled grumpiness when they are cranky or "Si depraved" in certain ways. When they don't have their comfort zone accessible they can act very strange.
    Ryu, you seem to know me well...

"strong sense of entitled grumpiness"
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why no one likes LSEs. lmao. Such serious blunt somewhat emotionally dehumanizing rationalizations...or maybe it's just me.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    This is why no one likes LSEs. lmao. Such serious blunt somewhat emotionally dehumanizing rationalizations...or maybe it's just me.

Actually, I felt caught when reading this:

― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    From the one picture I've seen of you (back in 2006 or something, lol) I don't remember you as scary. Quite the opposite. You looked like the type of person.. um.. animal I'd want to be eaten by.

Those innocent poses, oh my!
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE or EII-Ne. I've blown it in ways where I seemed like an unhealthy SLE.. for 2 or 3 minutes. Teenage years were kind of rough, I guess. It'd come out from time to time later, but I haven't done anything like that since early 20's.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i feel like that at times when i'm chatting with Ryu but then i realize it's just his LSE-ness.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hah that post was alright. and pretty true.

i'm thinking he meant "Si deprived," but "depraved" would be better anyway.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Ryu, you seem to know me well...

"strong sense of entitled grumpiness"
    I've studied delta NFs for a few years now. I should know something.

Probably. It's why NFs can be useful to them, I'm sure.

Actually, I felt caught when reading this:

If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those innocent poses, oh my!
    ?
    I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    lol i feel like that at times when i'm chatting with Ryu but then i realize it's just his LSE-ness.
    I think T types can most seem that way when they are being dismissive or 'not fully focused'. When it comes to expression of an analysis, the shortest thing to say would be what is easiest to think about or conceive, which can seem somewhat mechanical.

If I'm ever too much that way, try to engage me more in a 'humanitarian' way - something other than logistics. Sometimes it takes a while to become less lopsided.

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    hah that post was alright. and pretty true.

i'm thinking he meant "Si deprived," but "depraved" would be better anyway.
    You're right.
    But depraved is funny, too.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've ever found an IEE scary as a whole but I've seen them do things that can be perceived as intimidating.
    One incident that comes to mind is when I witnessed a friend (IEE) a couple years ago get into a verbal fight with her than boyfriend (probably ILE), she pretty much said things that would make someone feel like a worthless, unlovable, waste of life. Wasn't a violent rant, more of a heavily Fi based, "why do you have to do this/be like this? You disappoint me and should feel ashamed" sort of judgmental guilt tripping; the role Se and Fe demonstrative projection makes it all the more poignant.

I could also see how to certain types what Ryu posted could come across as rather scary, that is the type of unpredictable/changeableness that IEE's tend to do; it could cause a lot of confusion and doubt, particularly when being in close relations with them
    fwiw, I kind of find this cute in them and at worst annoying, but it doesn't personally scare or confuse me

it's kind of true, but I like that brand of boringness
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I like IEE's unboringness. It took me a little to get used to how their moods can change differently than EIIs do, but, it's more sporty, kind of like a fast car. Their ability to process and throw new information at me is also personally appealing...)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

... get stressed and then I can become very mood-swingy.
    "Moody-swingy" unstable people with histrionic tendencies are scary.
    Do you get more aggressive and critical with your friends when you're like this?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    "Moody-swingy" unstable people with histrionic tendencies are scary.
    Do you get more aggressive and critical with your friends when you're like this?
    Hah- in my experiences, yes.
    Exactly aggressive and critical, combined. It's like everyone's faults are on display and they are going to be told. It's almost a weird projection of how they don't want their own faults to be the thing on their mind so they defensively focus on everyone elses.

It is not a healthy state to be in; it just creates more pain, especially if other people aren't aware of what is going on. But usually this only happens when very stressed or bothered; when something happened that moved them in such a way that they feel uncomfortable being their normal pleasant selves.

Sometimes it is because they feel they've been too pleasant and/or too repressed, so they have a period of 'letting it all hang out'... but it's not a real solution to anything. The real solution is being more open in the first place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as for the Fi "shaming" in Marie84's example..I do that...*guilty look*

When a car almost hits me when I cross the street, I react w/ a shameful sort of look (without trying to) -- I think I probably end up looking at the driver like I'm their mom and they're a three year old who just stole a cookie -- I know I'm doing that based on their expression, since a big truck driver suddenly WILL look like a three year old, regretting stealing a cookie.

I feel like it teaches them a lesson to not almost hit people.

I do the same thing when people aren't looking where they're going. A lady walked right into me in the grocery story, and she said "Sorry, (mom) I wasn't looking where I was going." She didn't say the word "mom" but the tone was the same, LOL..
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm very relaxed and inexpressive most of the time and a lot of people find that intimidating, specially when I engage in my tendency to see people directly to the eyes. I'm also not very verbal (visual preference?) and tend to get muted when people talks to me, say, to apologize for touching me. I can notice how they expect the worse, like a punch in the face or something. LOL.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Well, I'm very relaxed and inexpressive most of the time and a lot of people find that intimidating, specially when I engage in my tendency to see people directly to the eyes. I'm also not very verbal (visual preference?) and tend to get muted when people talks to me, say, to apologize for touching me. I can notice how they expect the worse, like a punch in the face or something. LOL.
    Yeah i've noticed people having that reaction with me too. Makes me feel sad and self-conscious though because I feel bad that people feel intimidated by me since that wasn't my intention.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I like IEE's unboringness. It took me a little to get used to how their moods can change differently than EIIs do, but, it's more sporty, kind of like a fast car. Their ability to process and throw new information at me is also personally appealing...)
    lollllll