Thread: What Fe looks like

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What Fe looks like

I wasn't exactly sure where to put this or if I should be making a whole new thread about it, but I'll put it here anyway. The other thread with music in it, Ezra's, seemed to be mostly about differentiating between what Se/Ni and Si/Ne looks like when combined with Fe. In that context, it was usually relatively easy for me to identify when people were thinking of one or the other, but I personally found it hard to pinpoint the Fe in much of it (maybe because it wasn't contrasting with something else - I don't know). So, here's a new thread on what Fe looks like - or can look like.

For a start, I want to know if how this singer is expressing herself could be considered an example of one aspect of Fe - the open display of emotion and the effect on the audience. She very well could be Fe or Fi or something else (and I wouldn't mind talking about that, either), but what she's doing, is that Fe? Or something else? Or a combination of things? Or are these two examples not applicable? Or muddled?

Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. Her music is heavy on both Fe and Fi, but it seems to be more Fi-valuing. Definitely intuitive, at any rate.

The part where the music crescendos - that's Fe. But the music's mood is mostly, for lack of a better word, static. I might be able to see her as INFp.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree mostly with hotel here, but if you want like... obvious use of Fe in singing watch (feel ) U2's Bono.

EDIT: yeah im just gonna say it. I think Fe tone is very like.. sort of gravely/grainy, and yes sort of soaring and swaying. I don't know what celine dion's type is but her type of voice I see as an Fi tone and also very static sounding to me.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first song is more about Fi, an expression from the inside, that not necessarily is aiming to effect other's emotions, I think. The second song one is stereotypical Mediterranean emotional effect seeking, the way Italians are fond of since their 19th century opera's, so Fe so to speak. Pavarotti is a good example of that.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Oh no, what have you done! You've created a monster. Ha ha ha ha!
    Is this agreement? well if so i agree with what you said about the dips and mood expression, and that is pretty cool we both used words about being gritty/irregular (if thats what you meant) <3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minde, when these kind of people (in your initial video) start talking, my mind just switches off. My relationship with what they speak of is like LBJ's relationship with North Vietnam.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Minde, when these kind of people (in your initial video) start talking, my mind just switches off. My relationship with what they speak of is like LBJ's relationship with North Vietnam.
    lol, that has to be one of the strangest analogies I've heard this month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The talking part, about how expression from the heart has no language barriers?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but it's the content that makes me switch off. Talking about feelings and emotion simply bores me beyond belief.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    The talking part, about how expression from the heart has no language barriers?
    Yes. I almost thought they were going to play a video with sheep jumping over a fence.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also wanted to just clarify that I'm not talking about the way the voice sounds, but that is often similar to the way I described the singing. But I mean, all Fe persons' voices are not gravelly, obviously. But a smooth voice of an Fe type sounds like that when they are singing, especially when they "soar" to hit a higher note. It sounds a little grating, a little bumpy. Likewise, Fi people can do a lot of runs or variation in their singing but I don't consider that by itself an Fe way of singing. It's like a static representation of their inner state (LOL) and doesn't impress me .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    I also wanted to just clarify that I'm not talking about the way the voice sounds, but that is often similar to the way I described the singing.
    I want to clarify that while this woman on the video talks about that which I care not for, her singing is extremely appealing. I would sit and listen to her sing.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, when I asked about whether or not it was Fe (or anything else) I was mainly thinking of how she expresses herself, her inflections, expressions, etc., when she's singing.

(For the record, I like it, too.)

Also, what she's saying isn't foreign to me and I both understand and pretty much agree. It's nothing new, to me. I am comfortable with that kind of talk, even if I don't always engage in it.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Meh. Her music is heavy on both Fe and Fi, but it seems to be more Fi-valuing. Definitely intuitive, at any rate.
    So, Fe used by Fi? Or, put another way, the Fi is driving/behind the Fe?

I usually don't think of Fe in terms of "emotion", but in terms of a general expressive mood that raises and dips and carries your spirit along with it.
    I think I know what you're saying, though it's hard for me to separate the concept of "mood" from "emotion." It seems that a mood is made up of emotions.

From Wikisocion: passion; the desire to express one's feelings and experiences through expressive gestures such as dance or song.
    But see, that's what I meant about how she's expressing herself when singing. It's very, well, expressive. That's why I wondered if it was Fe.

Yeah, but it's the content that makes me switch off. Talking about feelings and emotion simply bores me beyond belief.
    You know, sir, someday you're going to want to talk about your (or somebody else's) feelings. And then where will you be? If you don't take time to extend at least some thought in that direction before hand, you are going to be in a pickle.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    You've hit the nail on the head, Minde. This is the thing with ESTps. The Fi PoLR rearing it's repulsive blind oblivious head. The achilles heel. Or whatever.

The ugly truth is that many (I'm not saying all 'cause there are some ESTps who really seem to have it together relationship-wise) ESTps are in a pickle when it comes to feelings and relationships and all that jazz. A perpetual pickle.
    Hitting the nail on the head is better than hitting my thumb. So, thank you. :wink:

From what I've seen, some ExTps are better at dealing with things related to their PoLR than others. It's related to maturity, I think.

And... I like that last little alliteration of yours.

I had an idea. It might be a bit corny , but I thought we could try to write passages, one pretending to be an Fe type and one pretending to be an Fi type, and see how they turn out and compare.

Ok, here's my first attempt. It'll probably suck because I'm not an F-type anyway . I'm writing the passages as though there's someone (first an Fe type and then an Fi type) expressing love.

Fe attempt:
    I have to get close to you, I want to feel the warmth of your breath, touch your hair,
    You can't escape my gaze in a room of crowded people,
    My heart soars,
    Please, let us be together so that we can move mountains.

Fi attempt:
    *deleted as per Carla's request*

*A (probably obvious) comment: it's not like Fe (or, at least, Fe-seeking) types don't want faith and trust also; it's just that it sounds so corny to hear it coming from someone and talk to about it. It's like, icky. Gross. Inhibiting. (To me it is, anyway .)
    Hm... I'm not sure that's completely Fi... but I do think you have an idea worth exploring.

I'll have to think about it and see if I can come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    You've got a really good point......

But now I don't understand anything anymore. Go figure.
    It's ok. I'm confused, too. But, understanding will come. I'm confident of that. We just have to keep looking for it.
    Last edited by Expat; 02-14-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Request by Carla

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with trying to show in music videos, especially with a singer, is that they will inevitable use lots of . That's part of what being a performing singer is about.

This video, however (I expect some people to find it sickening):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K0kBmMSjJyI

The subject of the song is almost only with some , but she obviously has to put some into the singing itself.

If you read the lyrics it's more clear:

I've seen it on your face
    Tells me more than any worn-out old phrase
    So now we'll go separate ways
    Never again we two
    Never again, nothing I can do
    Like an image passing by, my love, my life
    In the mirror of your eyes, my love, my life
    I can see it all so clearly
    (See it all so clearly)
    Answer me sincerely
    (Answer me sincerely)
    Was it a dream, a lie?
    Like reflections of your mind, my love, my life
    Are the words you try to find, my love, my life
    But I know I don't possess you
    So go away, God bless you
    You are still my love and my life
    Still my one and only
    I've watched you look away
    Tell me is it really so hard to say?
    Oh, this has been my longest day
    Sitting here close to you
    Knowing that maybe tonight we're through
    Like an image passing by, my love, my life
    In the mirror of your eyes, my love, my life
    I can see it all so clearly
    (See it all so clearly)
    Answer me sincerely
    (Answer me sincerely)
    Was it a dream, a lie?
    Like reflections of your mind, my love, my life
    Are the words you try to find, my love, my life
    But I know I don't possess you
    Yes I know I don't possess you
    Still my one and only
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Yeah, when I asked about whether or not it was Fe (or anything else) I was mainly thinking of how she expresses herself, her inflections, expressions, etc., when she's singing.

(For the record, I like it, too.)

Also, what she's saying isn't foreign to me and I both understand and pretty much agree. It's nothing new, to me. I am comfortable with that kind of talk, even if I don't always engage in it.
    I'd say it feels like when someone is talking about that that they're simply regurgitating a statement some famous composer centuries ago said about some music. To me, it is cliched and overused, because I've heard one too many people speak of it. And this includes the way in which she expresses herself, as well as her inflections and expressions. It's all the same stuff; I've experienced it from many individuals over and over, and it simply doesn't grab me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abba? Expat, why oh why did you do that to us? Do you have no compassion for your fellow humanity?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha, he did warn us.

And will someone please delete all of my poetry attempts? You never saw anything. Thank you.
    If Expat were to warn me of getting shot in the face, it would not make that reality any better or Expat any nicer.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that Expat can be an arse but I can't see how he was an arse in this particular thread.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    I hope so.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    I agree that Expat can be an arse but I can't see how he was an arse in this particular thread.
    I did post a link to a video of an Abba song.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Swedish? Paedrus will be pleased

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did see that. I just can't see how the video being "Abba" or "non Abba" had anything at all to do with anything at all. Therefore the relevancy of that particular video in determining your arseness is highly exaggerated even to the point of being ridiculous. Even if it was only/mostly meant to be a joke.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with trying to show in music videos, especially with a singer, is that they will inevitable use lots of . That's part of what being a performing singer is about.
    Somehow you managed to succinctly answer my not-very-well-formed or -articulated original underlying question. Thank you.

Oh, and I would have made that change once I saw Carla's request.

I'd say it feels like when someone is talking about that that they're simply regurgitating a statement some famous composer centuries ago said about some music. To me, it is cliched and overused, because I've heard one too many people speak of it. And this includes the way in which she expresses herself, as well as her inflections and expressions. It's all the same stuff; I've experienced it from many individuals over and over, and it simply doesn't grab me.
    Ah, I see. That's fair enough. I guess I must not hear that sort of stuff as often as you do so it's not as old or mundane as it is to you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I hope so.
    haha, the pichachu video made me laugh. It's so adorably innocent. Song is Fi.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever read Alice in Wonderland? It's quite a ridiculous story.
    Actually I haven't. But I remember seeing a movie about it. For some reason I thought it was a story about an LSD trip or something, hah. Kinda cool still.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This video, however (I expect some people to find it sickening):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K0kBmMSjJyI

The subject of the song is almost only with some , but she obviously has to put some into the singing itself.

If you read the lyrics it's more clear:
    I agree, this is a very good example of Fi in music. The singer seems INFj, no?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I agree, this is a very good example of Fi in music. The singer seems INFj, no?
    Yes, I don't know much about her (not really an Abba fan) but there she seems very INFj.