Thread: After School Satan

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default After School Satan

If you haven't heard about this, here's some info: http://www.snopes.com/after-school-satan-clubs/

This makes me wildly happy. "After School Satan". They're cheeky and I love it.

I have always said that if you're going to let one religion in schools, you'd better let them all in...which of course most people aren't willing to do, so we should keep them all out. But still Christians persist. And now, there's ASS
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It actually looks like it might be a fun and educational club. I downloaded the signup form from the Satanic Temple site a few days ago, maybe I can talk some people into joining it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    It actually looks like it might be a fun and educational club. I downloaded the signup form from the Satanic Temple site a few days ago, maybe I can talk some people into joining it.

It's kind of too bad about the name...I'm sure it was chosen for shock value and to get attention, but a lot of people won't get past the "Satan" thing and find out what it's actually about.

If you do spread the (good) news, I'm curious to hear how it goes
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SongOfSapphire View Post
    I have always said that if you're going to let one religion in schools, you'd better let them all in...
    Some religions recommend to kill people because they don't agree with your religion (say hi to islam) or because <insert any random thing>. Allow them all. Sure.

Religion like satanism just recommends to be psychopath without limitations. All is ok, when their adept will do something with you just because he wants to do this without any reason. It's interesting what satanist will need to do with you so you'd changed your thought about "you'd better let them all".

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Some religions recommend to kill people because they don't agree with your religion (say hi to islam) or because <insert any random thing>. Allow them all. Sure.
    Read my whole post. I think none should be allowed in public schools.

Quote Originally Posted by sol
    Religion like satanism just recommends to be psychopath without limitations. All is ok, when their adept will do something with you just because he wants to do this without any reason. It's interesting what satanist will need to do with you so you'd changed your thought about "you'd better let them all".
    Quote Originally Posted by SongOfSapphire View Post
    It's kind of too bad about the name...I'm sure it was chosen for shock value and to get attention, but a lot of people won't get past the "Satan" thing and find out what it's actually about.

If you do spread the (good) news, I'm curious to hear how it goes
    I see the bolded applies to you, even w more info a click away in the first post -- no need for you to google, even.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hum fighting fire with fire kind of thing here. True I don't like religion in public schools because it's for the public (that is for all kids of any race, religion ect)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

LaVeyan Satanism is repulsive, although overall, actually better than the ethics of the Abrahamic religions. It tells you what should not do, rather than what you should do, its emphasis on revenge is highly negative, and it does not encourage productive agency and co-operation. However, if these clubs are only teaching our impressionable young to think for themselves, this is a good thing.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i don't relaly understand why satanism gets such a bad rep. it's a lot more sensible than christianity.