Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Overall look of types?

I was looking at this site again: http://socioniko.net/en/1.3.rels/ and looking over the pictures given as examples of what a type looks like trying to zero in on a way to describe these things. For instance the LIIs often seem to not be smiling or have a sort of restrained smile as though they are trying to repress their smile... or they may have a small smile and convey either a sort of pleasant/humble look or a look of faint amusement, or in some cases an almost kindly look while in other cases an almost stern look. In any case they don't convey very much feeling at all (especially as compared to the pictures of the ESEs, most of who have broad open smiles that show in their eyes). (And this is assuming all of those pictures are of "LIIs" but never mind that.)

However if I were to describe (say a paragraph or so) on the overall "look" of a given type that would then differentiate that type from the "overall look" of another type, this would seem to me to be a rather impossible and not worthwhile task. But I was thinking that some people might be able to write descriptions regarding the general look of certain types as they've observed and I might be interested in reading them. I do see this more as "VI" almost because I feel that the sorts of profiles here for instance (http://www.socionics.com/prof/prof.htm)
    Quote Originally Posted by socionics.com (as an example)
    INTjs have a characteristic ascetic face. There are two reason for this. Firstly the facial structure itself is often reminiscent of ancient portraits because of its angularity and composition of the features, like cheekbone and eyebrow arcs. Secondly their facial expression is often accepted as emotionless and severe. Their face is usually pale or bloodless. Males often have a short haircut.
    may be close to what I want but I don't really find these very helpful despite their giving some sort of description. Also information about dress and being thin or fat I guess I may find a little less useful especially living in the US where it seems an inordinate amount of people are fat. And I almost find this more helpful for trying to spot types by an outward way in which they may appear: http://www.socionika.com/moods.html.

So I was wondering if anyone could say what they've noticed about how certain types may appear to them (not necessarily strictly physically, but mood would also be relevant). I was more interested in what people here have noticed than what has been said (although what has been said is important too).

(Also I was hoping if you respond to this thread you might try to use words more than post a lot of pictures and links to things like the Socionix gallery or this page: http://www.socionics.com/vi/vi.htm as I just haven't really found these things helpful and most of us know about them anyway).

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The most striking difference I found was in the eyes - a / valuer will have a more intense look there, I found, where an / valuer will look a bit more settled, in a way...

Lots of people can find temperaments also - I found you can get Extratim or Introtim if you can get an impression of whether they seem to give off a certain energy (Extratim), or draw it in instead (Introtim)... Rationals seem a bit more stiff in a certain way than Irrationals...

That type of spotting physical, nonverbal communication is the approach that seems, by far, the most sensible to me at least all of the stuff about bone structure and fatness and whatnot, I'm not too solid on (though it's a bit of a running joke that = manboobs )...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it? I've never heard that one.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After scrupulously staring, I've noticed that they all have being human in common.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrangea View Post
    After scrupulously staring, I've noticed that they all have being human in common.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrangea View Post
    Shallow.