Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amelie

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I remember about this movie,

I didn't really see any archetypal thinking about her. There weren't any themes in discovering the nature of the people around her or things in general. Her focus was on how her interactions impacted her and that was enough for her to take in and motivate her to help people and seek the romance that she did by taking the opportunities to do so (Ne?). Contrast this with Jung's Ni, a philosophical concept/orientation more about disconnecting from how things impact oneself with instead a focus on interpreting unconscious images about what's going on into some archetype or explanation and then using Se to navigate them, and I personally think Si makes more sense for Amelie.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally love this movie but I don't think she's IEI. In the beginning she strikes me as IEI bc of her imaginary dinosaur friend and totally deviant ways of amusing herself. But as she grows up she seems much, much more SEI and plus the guy she falls for seems alpha Ne.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Amelie's character is a french copy of Faye Wong's character in Chungking Express, pixie like girl doing strange stuff out of love. Some of the scenes are straight from Chungking Express which colors my interpretation of it. It's kind of a mechanical and inauthentic movie compared to Chungking Express, which is a much more naturalistic movie shot with minimal preparation and sets.

The movie is also imo highly not one of the major themes of the movie is that Amelie persuades her father to take a trip around the world. She does this with the use of the garden gnome. This is very much a sort of spiritual motivation. Another major theme is her quietly helping the individuals around her fulfill their dreams, this is also very much a desire, especially in combination with . Unlike the overt actions of a EIE(Mentor) she very quietly and softly does her persuasion. Al-through she does inspire the individuals around her indirectly, it lacks the directness of sensory functions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12