TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Update

Hi everybody.

I've come back here to update my type. No, this time it isn't a mistype or just a random consideration. The point is: I'm not the same person I was a year ago, when LII used to be the perfect choice for my personality type. Events, circumstances, people, places and emotions have had an enormous impact on my person, stimulating the "real myself" to slowly but intensely come out of the shell. And the "real myself", guess what, is actually closer to ILI.

I'm listing the main reason for this major change:

• Irrational > Rational - Do you remember the dutiful, hard working and self-controlled spirit I told you to have last year? Forget about it. I've been experiencing a dramatical decrease of this capabilities. I discovered that my behaviour was just an adaptation to the world around me. Actually, I'm a very hard procrastinator, I tend not to end what I start and willpower is not walking besides me anymore. By the way, I still manage to get things done thanks to improvisation, good memory and ability to focus on tasks. My motto now is, more than ever: "minimum effort, maximum results".

• The power of Ni - The increasing use of this function during my day is just mind blowing. I already told you that I'm obsessed with dates, can keep the track of time and so on. But now I consciously use this function for literally anything in my life. See, it was thanks to Ni and its huge introspective tendency that I noticed not to be a LII anymore. I'm always with the head in the clouds, distracted, thinking about the past and trying to celebrate it. I've associated every month of this period with a particular event, I've created a playlist of songs each one linked to a day, a feeling or a sensation. It feels like my inner world is now greater than it used to be. I can't really explain it because it's impossible. But, believe me, it's one of the most satisfying feelings I've experienced in my entire life so far.

• Ni vs Ne - Strongly linked to the second point, I discovered how I focus more on the "depth" of something than on its "breadth" possibly in every matter of my life. Music for example: my friends tend to listen a lot of random artists, but not to focus on a single one as much as I do. In fact the only band I've been listening in the past 9 months is Radiohead. And this works with everything.

• Fi Hidden Agenda - This was definitely the most striking change in my personality. A year ago I was alone, no strong personal relationships, just some superficial bonds. Now I'm seriously engaged into a few of them and it feels SO satisfying. I didn't know it, but it's all I need to feel complete. I never speak of this with my friends because I feel very embarrassed to share such a deep care for them, but I'd like to. In fact now I don't treat people equally anymore. I obviously have favourites and the LII's "impersonality" has gone. Also, my ex-Fi Role wall has finally crumbled down, causing me to be way more sincere and straightforward but also a bit arrogant. But I don't care. If it is the real me, let it just come out then.

• Fe PoLR - The unavoidable truth. I always tried to make this piece fit in the jigsaw, but nothing: I'm a Fe PoLR. All those "avoided" kisses, hugs, contacts and my apathetic attitude with people just point at that. And since I believe I'm the rational subtype, I feel like I need more Fi than Se and it completely makes sense.

In a nutshell, I can't be a LII. Also if I try to observe myself from the outside: I'm so much "Critic", people always get this vibe. And @Chae was right from the beginning...
    Last edited by User Name; 05-25-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Teens. <3

This is one of the reasons why I'm against ppl under 23 going into typologies.

Anyway you must mentally prepare about SEEs being your soulmates now.
    Last edited by Hope; 05-25-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    There is no reason to think people above 23 have much lesser chance of the mistake. ~16 is the border between adult and child stages in the psyche, not 23 or 83.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Teens. <3

Anyway you must mentally prepare about SEEs being your soulmates now.
    Yes. I felt that something was going on, but I didn't expect such a radical change to be honest. I completely agree on the fact that it's not very reliable to type us teenagers, since this is an age of growth and instability itself. I love it though.

About SEEs. Well, I've always had a love/hate relationships with them. I'm not sure about it, but the feelings I have towards them is usually intense, both in the positive and in the negative sense. The real problem is that I was quite neutral with ESEs. Yet another reason to shift my type.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Yes. I felt that something was going on, but I didn't expect such a radical change to be honest. I completely agree on the fact that it's not very reliable to type us teenagers, since this is an age of growth and instability itself. I love it though.

About SEEs. Well, I've always had a love/hate relationships with them. I'm not sure about it, but the feelings I have towards them is usually intense, both in the positive and in the negative sense. The real problem is that I was quite neutral with ESEs. Yet another reason to shift my type.
    Next step LSI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Next step LSI
    Well, maybe AHAHAH. I'm so unreliable in this period, I wouldn't exclude this option for later...

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

AHAHAH.
    Not Fe PolR @Olimpia history's repeating itself

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About SEEs. Well, I've always had a love/hate relationships with them. I'm not sure about it, but the feelings I have towards them is usually intense, both in the positive and in the negative sense.
    I think Se in general creates this effect more than most other IE's. The quality of it resides in more 'direct' interaction, which, of course, creates situations where both feelings of disdain and affection come into play. I feel the same way you do, btw.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Fe PolR @Olimpia history's repeating itself
    Shit that's true. Can't forget it.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Haha yeah man, maybe you relate to Fe PoLR descriptions just cuz you have an avoidant attachment style.

All those "avoided" kisses, hugs, contacts and my apathetic attitude with people just point at that.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Saying (or thinking) “I’m not ready to commit”—but staying together nonetheless, sometimes for years.
    • Focusing on small imperfections in your partner: the way s/ he talks, dresses, eats, or (fill in the blank) and allowing it to get in the way of your romantic feelings.
    • Pining after an ex-girlfriend/ boyfriend—( the “phantom ex”— more on this later).
    • Flirting with others—a hurtful way to introduce insecurity into the relationship.
    • Not saying “I love you”—while implying that you do have feelings toward the other person.
    • Pulling away when things are going well (e.g., not calling for several days after an intimate date).
    • Forming relationships with an impossible future, such as with someone who is married.
    • “Checking out mentally” when your partner is talking to you.
    • Keeping secrets and leaving things foggy—to maintain your feeling of independence.
    • Avoiding physical closeness—e.g., not wanting to share the same bed, not wanting to have sex, walking several strides ahead of your partner.
    @Olimpia
    Mmmmh, I can relate only to the last point. I don't think I'm one of them...

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Olimpia and you use twisted explanations because you are an IEI confirmed.

She has refined it pretty well

Or check out Soupman's differentiation between ILI and IEI.

I think User Name could be ILI. It is bit hard to tell. Anyways, if this is the case I hope best of luck with melancholy.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Anyways, if this is the case I hope best of luck with melancholy.
    Melancholy has been one of the most frequent emotions in this period, definitely. I love it because it makes me reflect upon things, but I also acknowledge that it can be an dangerous enemy.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

@Olimpia
    Mmmmh, I can relate only to the last point. I don't think I'm one of them...
    Sounds like you've never been in a relationship before?

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, if you mean romantic. All the relationships I talk about in the post are with close friends. What to do?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Yes, if you mean romantic. All the relationships I talk about in the post are with close friends. What to do?
    You gotta open up yo

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You gotta open up yo
    Don’t think I’m ready for this. I wish though.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe try this autism spectrum test:
    https://psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/

If you are anywhere close to 50% then you are surely autistic. This could contribute to your wrong typing in the past. And can still be affecting your judgement as your traits may be not be your personality but your condition.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He is quite young. Right?

Nah, relations.... sometimes it is wise to wait for longer. People who end up tearing up their lives into complicated logistic mess.... =

EDIT.... Yeah, 17. Not exactly the point where he and his relations meets long reaching goals.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd just hold off on trying to "Finalize" a type for yourself at your age and just take typing yourself casually and slowly for now. In our late teens most of us still aren't in control of how we live and we tend to see ourselves the way our parents/guardians/teachers have told us we are. When I first into socionics I thought I must be either LII or ILI just because I didn't socialize very much and people told me I was smart, even though deep down I had/have zero interest in academic type stuff. Now that I've been mostly on my own for the past few years without the influence of my parents I see myself a little differently then before. Give it time.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 21/50 (no autistic tendencies). That’s 42%. What do you think?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

~15 is some sort of median. >31 seems to be close qualifier. I suppose it just means some very mild tendencies (statistically i.e. whatever it describes as it does not uncover mechanism...) and apparently close to sweet spot for mathematical/programming/etc career.

I scored 15. I thought I'd be higher. I still have so called ethical realm problems.

Well, I have seen ILI's who I'd estimate having clearly >31 and they can be quite hard to deal with while being amazing at their profession.

https://www.aspergerstestsite.com/16...-test-results/
    • 11 – 21 is the average score for most of the population.
    • 22 – 25 Indicates that one has slightly higher than average autistic traits.
    • 26 – 31 Is a borderline score. 86% of people with this score have can be correctly classified as having Aspergers Syndrome
    • 32+ Is the official criteria for having Aspergers Syndrome
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's pretty a lot. I know person who is visibly autistic and scores 20%. With 42% you do not have severe but moderate condition as it seems. People with autism very often think they are LIIs and sometimes ILIs because they way they behave. So for example I know SEI who scores 80% and he believes he's LII but he never engaged in anything that would show he has capability of the LII. He does some very simple jobs and didn't finish higher education because he was bullied for his condition. Anyway, he's far from LII because he doesn't even VI as one, he does look like a feeling type, and has it very well expressed which is also quite weird, because in a handsome body he has a difficult mind. It is difficult because it usually impairs social functioning to some degree. Not in everyone, but with 42% I bet it does a bit.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@falsehope: I VI as LII, or at least is what everyone keeps telling me. Should I attach a photo?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn’t think I had autistic tendencies to be honest. It’s actually a bit scary... I don’t know how to interpret it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I didn’t think I had autistic tendencies to be honest. It’s actually a bit scary... I don’t know how to interpret it.
    You probably don't have autistic tendencies. It's just a test made up by someone who isn't you.

I'd ignore it.

If you think you are ILI, I can tell you that ILI's have a fact-driven, Te and Ni nature, but they have more sympathy (Fi) for others than I do.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well, 22 is the threshold (line drawn on water) for mild non pathological tendencies... and it is actually a strength at so low scores.

Anyways, if you are truly troubled by it these are the original observations:
    Kanner: http://www.neurodiversity.com/library_kanner_1943.pdf
    Asperger's: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...ZhZjE3ZGRhZGVk

Lots of people have features of autism so it is not alarming itself.
    You seem to to look for social feedback which in itself is indicator against it.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)