Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woofwoofl's Type (Split from Heroic thread)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Woofwoofl's Type (Split from Heroic thread)

@woof: I think you are IEE. You remind me immensely of Daniel Tosh. And almost every post I've seen you make annoys the everliving crap out of me. Nothing personal, maybe you're a really good guy, but the way you write makes my skin crawl and it reminds me of user Kim, and if she and I didn't have history that overrides everything I would feel the same way about her. I am about 99% certain of this.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    @woof: I think you are IEE. You remind me immensely of Daniel Tosh.
    He reminds me of my guitarist friend quite a bit, come to think of it, and there's a bigger divide between me and either of the two than there is between the two of them...

And almost every post I've seen you make annoys the everliving crap out of me. Nothing personal

What doesn't annoy the everliving crap out of you? You always have your shorts in a bunch about something or other

You also said something along the lines of "I've been waiting to tear you up for a long time" to Mountain Dew (it was some sort of philosophy oriented thread), which implies just about, if not, the same exact thing - him annoying you by simply existing and going about his business so if we look at valued functions - that alone covers all of them!

maybe you're a really good guy
    Hey, you got one right!

but the way you write makes my skin crawl and it reminds me of user Kim, and if she and I didn't have history that overrides everything I would feel the same way about her. I am about 99% certain of this.
    You should have saved your 99% certainty for the "really good guy" part, you would have been a lot better off

From the posts of Kim's I saw, I can tell IEE - their brand of Negativist comes mainly in the form of describing what something isn't (look for any upwelling of "not type related" and you'll generally find lots of IEEs)...

I noticed you posted this in the "which type is most heroic?" thread of all places, in which poli said SEE was the most heroic type, and the way you chose to separate me from that was to call my typing into challenge, which would be the most personal way to do so ("nothing personal!" ), and the most effective way to push a person's buttons.

Better luck next time
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love your over-usage of "" and ""

3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@woof: I think you are IEE. You remind me immensely of Daniel Tosh. And almost every post I've seen you make annoys the everliving crap out of me. Nothing personal, maybe you're a really good guy, but the way you write makes my skin crawl and it reminds me of user Kim, and if she and I didn't have history that overrides everything I would feel the same way about her. I am about 99% certain of this.
    He is IEE. He doesn't understand Socionics anyway, so his self-typing is irrelevant.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    He is IEE. He doesn't understand Socionics anyway, so his self-typing is irrelevant.
    Coming from you of all people? I'll take that as a compliment...

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about ISFp for him?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    What about ISFp for him?
    No way or am I smart ?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    @woof: I think you are IEE. You remind me immensely of Daniel Tosh.
    He reminds me of my guitarist friend quite a bit, come to think of it, and there's a bigger divide between me and either of the two than there is between the two of them...

What doesn't annoy the everliving crap out of you? You always have your shorts in a bunch about something or other

You also said something along the lines of "I've been waiting to tear you up for a long time" to Mountain Dew (it was some sort of philosophy oriented thread), which implies just about, if not, the same exact thing - him annoying you by simply existing and going about his business so if we look at valued functions - that alone covers all of them!

Hey, you got one right!

but the way you write makes my skin crawl and it reminds me of user Kim, and if she and I didn't have history that overrides everything I would feel the same way about her. I am about 99% certain of this.
    You should have saved your 99% certainty for the "really good guy" part, you would have been a lot better off

From the posts of Kim's I saw, I can tell IEE - their brand of Negativist comes mainly in the form of describing what something isn't (look for any upwelling of "not type related" and you'll generally find lots of IEEs)...

I noticed you posted this in the "which type is most heroic?" thread of all places, in which poli said SEE was the most heroic type, and the way you chose to separate me from that was to call my typing into challenge, which would be the most personal way to do so ("nothing personal!" ), and the most effective way to push a person's buttons.

Better luck next time
    I'm not trying to push your buttons. I have little investment in upsetting just about anyone on this forum; consentingadult is the current major exception. I do, however, strongly believe that you are IEE. For one I have never encountered an SEE with the kind of look you share with.Tosh, whom I feel is ILE. You also use diversionary tactics rather than addressing things directly, like comparing Tosh to your friend, talking about Kim's negativism, addressing my motivations, even down to ending on a totally unrelated, totally speculative, incredibly passive aggressive note, which I am very intentionally choosing to address formally rather than bitch you out for it.

But you never address the real point, your type, directly. Exactly the kinds of things that frustrate me. Also I find it unsurprising that you would interpret my emotional straightforwardness as a desire to initiate conflict; I can't blame you, because those kinds of self-exposures often ARE a precursor to conflict, simply because of their nature, but the truth is that I don't usually go out looking for conflict. It finds me fairly often here, because I am very straightforward, don't hold my true feelings back unless I feel I have good reason to, and am not averse to conflict. So you can see, the recipe is definitely there, and it rarely comes as a surprise to me when my words DO initiate conflict, for which reason I come prepared. But it is rarely my true intent to outright provoke conflict, unless I feel that someone truly deserves, or wants, a lashing. And this is not one of those cases.

My interception, if you will, comes in this thread partly because it was just there, and partly because your response was a good example of what irks me about you. I hardly see how that could be personal; I have no serious judgment of your character or true person, merely your manner of self-presentation. I do, as you so...childishly put it, often have my shorts in a bunch, I am a very tense person and it doesn't take much to make me want to start screaming. Fortunately I have exceptional self control.

By my typings, you and Dew are both Ne/Si quadras, so it makes no shortage of sense, me being EIE, that the indirectness and pomp I sense from both of you would be severely frustrating, nor that you would interpret my behavior as conflict seeking. Something to think about.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about ISFp for him?
    Not entirely implausible, but he seems rather EP and he seems to fit in with Fi valuers. He also seems like a 7w6, maybe so/sp or so/sx. I will put this in the hopper, though.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What about ISFp for him?
    No way or am I smart ?
    Lol why, did you suggest SEI previously?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to push your buttons. I have little investment in upsetting just about anyone on this forum; consentingadult is the current major exception. I do, however, strongly believe that you are IEE. For one I have never encountered an SEE with the kind of look you share with.Tosh, whom I feel is ILE. You also use diversionary tactics rather than addressing things directly, like comparing Tosh to your friend, talking about Kim's negativism, addressing my motivations, even down to ending on a totally unrelated, totally speculative, incredibly passive aggressive note, which I am very intentionally choosing to address formally rather than bitch you out for it.

But you never address the real point, your type, directly. Exactly the kinds of things that frustrate me. Also I find it unsurprising that you would interpret my emotional straightforwardness as a desire to initiate conflict; I can't blame you, because those kinds of self-exposures often ARE a precursor to conflict, simply because of their nature, but the truth is that I don't usually go out looking for conflict. It finds me fairly often here, because I am very straightforward, don't hold my true feelings back unless I feel I have good reason to, and am not averse to conflict. So you can see, the recipe is definitely there, and it rarely comes as a surprise to me when my words DO initiate conflict, for which reason I come prepared. But it is rarely my true intent to outright provoke conflict, unless I feel that someone truly deserves, or wants, a lashing. And this is not one of those cases.

My interception, if you will, comes in this thread partly because it was just there, and partly because your response was a good example of what irks me about you. I hardly see how that could be personal; I have no serious judgment of your character or true person, merely your manner of self-presentation. I do, as you so...childishly put it, often have my shorts in a bunch, I am a very tense person and it doesn't take much to make me want to start screaming. Fortunately I have exceptional self control.

By my typings, you and Dew are both Ne/Si quadras, so it makes no shortage of sense, me being EIE, that the indirectness and pomp I sense from both of you would be severely frustrating, nor that you would interpret my behavior as conflict seeking. Something to think about.
    Yep - it's a matter of versus more than anything else. At the workplace, at family events, at all sorts of places; the poor people there probably think I'm harsh, serious, and moody as all hell due to that sometimes, and part of me still feels a bit rotten for me dropping the ball lots of the time on that...

I went about things as I did, not as a diversionary tactic, but once again, a split on the Judging functions - I was looking at the reasoning for me being IEE as a piece-by-piece thing, and mentally weighing these IEE people and qualities against myself, weighing them against each other, figuring out what lies closest to what, and expecting you to do the same. There was no diversion. It sounds like you see types as existing in a vacuum, outside of the people that they're attached to, far more than I ever do, and vs. has to be the issue here.

I also noticed you mentioned "true feelings" - not to trivialize them, but my reaction is to see those as a lot of clutter, and not "true" (though I would probably be incorrect in doing that)... I should probably get better at not doing that, they are apparently important to people...

It's the combination of and , combined with Negativism, that viscerally confuses the shit out of me, or at least, that which is found in you; you always seem mad as hell about something or other, and you seem to love it when things get torn down, be it the Wikisocion, Galen, Mountain Dew, my typing, your own typing, or whatever happens to be in the warpath... I figured you were pissed about me being a bit less-than-courteous in the Russian pictures thread more than anything else (I'm not going to take 99% certainty seriously when it hinges on a supposed resemblance to Daniel Tosh and my posts being one of the countless things that bug you), so I took everything lightly, expecting you to explode and do yourself in.

I'm glad things didn't go that route

Me and BnD are Semi-duals, not Contrary partners.
    Me and k0rpsey are Duals, not Illusionary partners.
    Me and nanashi are Duals, not Illusionary partners.
    Me and WorkaholicsAnon are Look-a-like partners, not Identicals.

I'm SEE. You're EIE. Glad that's taken care of.

I've accidentally Supervised an EII in the family and, upon figuring out that I did, still feel kinda bad about it... ESIs are a lot more comfortable with me - I've been making a concentrated effort to become better in things that concern both and so I can connect with more people...

As far as the Enneagram goes, I considered 7, though 3 makes much more sense - it'll take a megapost to go into why, and I just did one of those...

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are just his benefactor.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you describe why you think you are Se dominant as opposed to Ne? Personal experiences and actual personality traits that you see as related would be ideal, but whatever you think tells the story. Obviously I, too, have not been direct enough, because all I see so far is simple, unfounded declarations and, as you say, "clutter."

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITT:

@woof: Nothing personal, but I hate you with the fiery intensity of a million suns. I mean, you might be a great guy, but to me you seem like the demon spawn of ****** and Ayn Rand, raised under the tutelage of Idi Amin, and betrothed to Sarah Palin. Obviously, I don't mean any offense, but the very mention of your name sends me into paroxysms of rage, and every word you utter causes me to vomit uncontrollably. In the interests of accuracy and straightforwardness, I feel compelled to note that I would rather lie in a pit of snakes than reside within 50 miles of you. Now, where was I? Ah, yes, you're probably IEE.

[Later...]

Why must you be so incredibly passive-aggressive when I was just being straightforward? After all, I wasn't seriously judging your character, I was just saying that you present yourself as a loathsome, disgusting human being. Chill out.
    Last edited by Begoner; 06-22-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some personal observations. I have a RL female friend who seems to be ESFp, and I'd known her for years before ever communicating with her in online social formats. And wow, her way of coming across online really surprised me! IRL, she has a strong presence and can be spacy in that irrational way, but she's so physically grounded that you sort of don't notice it, or it seems balanced and is just part of her considerable charm.

Online, obviously, no physical presence. So what I see is just, well--let me say that if I had "met" her online I would have thought she was a lightweight, an optimist to the point of unrealistic, and maybe not even all that intelligent (though IRL she is quite brainy in an unpretentious way).

I've seen woofie in IRC pretty often, and if you take the time to know him better, he does talk sometimes about his attitudes toward athletics, sex, the way he interprets the world, and some of the initiatives he's taken at a young age, and to me it all fits fine with Se ego and Gamma. But my cursory impressions might have taken me in a different direction.

My view of woofie: victim/aggressor, likely very physical, sx and so up top in his instinctual stacking, EP, Fi > Fe, strong thinker but doesn't display that first, strong observational skills, able to draw Se-like conclusions about people, and democratic > aristocratic.

/2 pennies.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Tosh comparison is a pretty apt one that dove tails nicely with how I see Woof. Particularly because he (Woof) shares a shit ton in common in some weird je ne sais quoi sort of way with one of my best friends (an IEE who my roommate, an SEE who knows nothing about socionics, always says Daniel T reminds him of). It's kind of a superficial type conclusion at the moment, but I'd go IEE for Woof too.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Woof is cooler, nicer and smarter than most SEEs I know, but that could just be because he's a cool, nice smart guy. IEE is a possibility, I won't rule it out because he thought I was his identical, but still think SEE is more likely based on how he thinks and his hobbies.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aware View Post
    Woof is cooler, nicer and smarter than most SEEs I know, but that could just be because he's a cool, nice smart guy. IEE is a possibility, I won't rule it out because he thought I was his identical, but still think SEE is more likely based on how he thinks and his hobbies.
    I know some cool, nice, and smart SEEs, but it did strike me how similar woof and I "sound" in the chatbox. However, in our extensive private conversations, some slight differences in mentality and strengths have surfaced. So, in other words, I'm really ok with either typing.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck it all, I declare him a mix.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could SEE or Alpha SF for him. Seems very active from what I can tell, ethical, but seems to talk more about "stereotypical" Si concerns over Se.. like he's very health conscious, promotes his cooking skills and tastes more than many here, and seems more effusive in a bubbly sort of way. I also don't detect the kind of lofty, trashtalking playfulness I see in some SEE dudes. Like they keep people on their toes a bit more. Maybe it doesn't mean anything though. He's just more immediately friendly (not a bad thing).

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    I could SEE or Alpha SF for him. Seems very active from what I can tell, ethical, but seems to talk more about "stereotypical" Si concerns over Se.. like he's very health conscious, promotes his cooking skills and tastes more than many here, and seems more effusive in a bubbly sort of way. I also don't detect the kind of lofty, trashtalking playfulness I see in some SEE dudes. Like they keep people on their toes a bit more. Maybe it doesn't mean anything though. He's just more immediately friendly (not a bad thing).
    Place him in beta so I could take the shit out of him, qyuoting korepy I have an unhealhy take against betas, just ;ike this wank has against alphas. I think he's projecting, the little tiwt.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Place him in beta so I could take the shit out of him, qyuoting korepy I have an unhealhy take against betas, just ;ike this wank has against alphas. I think he's projecting, the little tiwt.
    Not sure I understand. Who has something against alphas? Woof? I think, if anything, he has a lot of fondness for ILEs. He says it's superego.. it could be. Either way, he doesn't seem to have much against Alpha.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post

You can't over-use emoticons, silly!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all, cooking & healthy living =/= Si ego or even Si valuing, necessarily.

Secondly, i dont think there are any other SEE guys here on the forum. There was one other SEE guy who briefly stopped in a couple times (bob-something or other), with whom i ended up chatting more on AIM for a while, and tbh Woofwoofl's manner of communication seems to be very similar to his. Both are bubbly but in a sort of a more "in your face" way, hard to describe exactly.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    first of all, cooking & healthy living =/= Si ego or even Si valuing, necessarily.
    Of course.. I'm just referring to the level he goes about discussing it.

Just food for thought. No pun intended.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course it is, mighty korpsey. They only.look totally alike.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure I understand. Who has something against alphas? Woof?
    No, korpsey, I only despise one when he accuses me of something he does himself. I think he is projecting.

As for woofwoofl, SEE or IEE makes sense, at this point, that is. I've said, he reminds me of MountaindDew and Timeless mixed together.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impression of woof is based on his posts, videos, and numerous conversations in the catbox and on IRC. Become curious by your comparison, I forced myself two sit through two videos of this Tosh fellow's suckful stand-up routine, never having seen him before, and saw nothing but a facial resemblance. Whatever your perception might be, I find that woof's demeanor, attitude, and energy level stand in stark contrast to Tosh's, and beyond external appearances I see very little similarity at all.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see either. either way.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

First things first, for The Ineffable, this:

I think being SEE rules
    We know you want to be SEE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantos View Post
    What is he in actuality?
    Anything he wants. Fi types have this freedom.

Could you describe why you think you are Se dominant as opposed to Ne? Personal experiences and actual personality traits that you see as related would be ideal, but whatever you think tells the story. Obviously I, too, have not been direct enough, because all I see so far is simple, unfounded declarations and, as you say, "clutter."
    You either weren't looking hard enough...

I've accidentally Supervised an EII in the family and, upon figuring out that I did, still feel kinda bad about it... ESIs are a lot more comfortable with me
    ...or you wanted more, in which case, I'll see what I can do:

These are my drumsticks - Vic Firth 2B Metal drumsticks. I recently switched over to a set of metal sticks (Ahead XL Rock Concert) so I could slam on the hit harder without killing the sticks; those are my last set of wooden sticks. I've been drumming for over two years now, and I've never broken a set of sticks. See the wear on the drumsticks, where the hits on the hi-hats carved out a trough near the tips, to the extent of the tips caving inwards? See how there's no break in the sticks? My last pair were even more weathered, I handed them off to a guitar guy I'm jamming with (N of some sort, leaning strongly towards , almost definitely Irrational, his girlfriend's SEI), and the sticks died in a few minutes; my SLI drummer friend delivered the deathblow to a lot of my other sticks.

That, right there, is a good command of . Knowing exactly how much force to apply, where to apply it, and how to apply it, to get the intended result.

On the other side of things, I'm not terribly creative on the kit, and I stripped the thing down to one bass drum, one snare, one crash, one hi-hat, and one cowbell so I don't get confused. I still don't know exactly what to do with a floor tom, other than not use it, so I don't. I spent four really awesome hours with the guitar guy; almost all of it consisted of me just mauling away at the beat from Van Halen's "Panama", and any "drum fills" consisted of me doubling up a bit on the bass drum hits to pump things up more. The ILE drummer in my old punk/thrash/whatever band (now in a Primus sounding group) has the opposite approach - fills everywhere and out of absolutely nowhere, enormous drum kit with bongos, wood blocks, goat-skin drums of some type, and who knows what... I'm pretty in awe of the guy, though it was impossible for me to do anything productive with him (I wanted to rip his head off his shoulders that one August day about five years ago, though that went for everyone in the room for buying into his brother's wishy-washy that's-your-opinion stuff that didn't help further along the musical process - the over 100 degree heat in the room may have been a factor too)...

My SLI drummer introduced me to his IEE friend and said he reminded him of me and/or vice-versa - I couldn't quite see it, but I always kept it in the back of my mind (this was while I was a bit new with Socionics, and just skimmed a bit of MBTI at the time). We have a completely different type of physical presence, he seemed simultaneously more mellow and more spontaneous than me in a certain way, but the differences were most apparent when we all started jamming. When I was with the SLI drummer, I did all I could to ramp up the energy levels, and he was going at the kit like he was trying to kill the thing! It's awesome and refreshing, getting that much out of it all, and either him or his sticks usually give out after a few minutes; on the other hand, him and the IEE usually make a really textured, low-key thing that's probably great, but I could never sit through too well... it went on for about an hour on average. If we're all together, the IEE complains every time I do something that kicks ass on guitar, so I hop on bass to get everything to work more right, and if/when the LSE shows up on guitars too, the result is usually a very good blues jam.

I always felt a bit like the odd one out in the group, like they were getting something out of the experience that I wasn't... later, I found out that they were all part of Delta, and I was in Gamma (another guitarist was in Beta, I hopped on drums and we did White Stripes songs a ton and it ruled). I did what I could to make and a part of me, and that continues to this day - cooking's been consistently good for that, I have to pay attention to the flavor of the food to make people want to eat it (though my first goal is to make something healthy; I'd feel awful if my foods resulted in someone getting physically worse off), and I also have to come up with new ideas in order to make the foods taste different from each other and have different textures. I'm still figuring out how to make and more a part of me, at least so I can figure out what to do with it all; I figure taking in more of the artwork and media from and/or regarding the Merry quadras would be a good start...

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    *pulls woof into the patient's room and sits him down*

*Shines a light in his eyes* Hmm...how pretty.

*shines a light in his ears* Pretty clean. Cleaner than mine

*places stethoscope onto chest* Interesting. Not a zombie.

*shoves a wooden popsicle stick looking thing down his throat* 'probably likes that' *wink*

*tallies results*

Normal SEE of the prozac-inducing subtype.
    awwww

Quote Originally Posted by Begoner View Post
    ITT:

@woof: Nothing personal, but I hate you with the fiery intensity of a million suns. I mean, you might be a great guy, but to me you seem like the demon spawn of ****** and Ayn Rand, raised under the tutelage of Idi Amin, and betrothed to Sarah Palin. Obviously, I don't mean any offense, but the very mention of your name sends me into paroxysms of rage, and every word you utter causes me to vomit uncontrollably. In the interests of accuracy and straightforwardness, I feel compelled to note that I would rather lie in a pit of snakes than reside within 50 miles of you. Now, where was I? Ah, yes, you're probably IEE.

[Later...]

Why must you be so incredibly passive-aggressive when I was just being straightforward? After all, I wasn't seriously judging your character, I was just saying that you present yourself as a loathsome, disgusting human being. Chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by werlkjlakjeraoiaeswroiaer View Post
    Some personal observations. I have a RL female friend who seems to be ESFp, and I'd known her for years before ever communicating with her in online social formats. And wow, her way of coming across online really surprised me! IRL, she has a strong presence and can be spacy in that irrational way, but she's so physically grounded that you sort of don't notice it, or it seems balanced and is just part of her considerable charm.

Online, obviously, no physical presence. So what I see is just, well--let me say that if I had "met" her online I would have thought she was a lightweight, an optimist to the point of unrealistic, and maybe not even all that intelligent (though IRL she is quite brainy in an unpretentious way).

I've seen woofie in IRC pretty often, and if you take the time to know him better, he does talk sometimes about his attitudes toward athletics, sex, the way he interprets the world, and some of the initiatives he's taken at a young age, and to me it all fits fine with Se ego and Gamma. But my cursory impressions might have taken me in a different direction.

My view of woofie: victim/aggressor, likely very physical, sx and so up top in his instinctual stacking, EP, Fi > Fe, strong thinker but doesn't display that first, strong observational skills, able to draw Se-like conclusions about people, and democratic > aristocratic.

/2 pennies.
    Thanks it's hard for me to communicate accurately online, I can't see who I'm talking with, I can't get any of the things I usually go on, it's all a bunch of text, and a bit disconnected... I might get a webcam, but I want more clothes and musical instrument stuff...

The Democratic/Aristocratic divide is the most obvious one to me, and probably anyone around me; even around here, me and Ashton have tons of common ground with there being 6 billion or so individuals on the planet, which is much more important than any big thing of certain people doing anything in unison at any given point in time while certain others don't, and I personally get kinda disturbed when people mention "killers" and "robbers" as if they're something separate from the human race - at the very least, that's ineffective... also, use of the royal "we" totally drives me nuts aarrgg

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I think the Tosh comparison is a pretty apt one that dove tails nicely with how I see Woof. Particularly because he (Woof) shares a shit ton in common in some weird je ne sais quoi sort of way with one of my best friends (an IEE who my roommate, an SEE who knows nothing about socionics, always says Daniel T reminds him of). It's kind of a superficial type conclusion at the moment, but I'd go IEE for Woof too.
    Cool cool I have been trying to get more aware of and , so it seems like I've been effective in doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Aware View Post
    Wowww thanks have you been around lots of Gammas? You mentioned your friend was SEE, and I wonder how much of that rubbed off on you - your sig quote's pretty Gamma (and pretty amazing), your icon embodies / values, I think... in any event, I've got a more analog, loose way of thinking about people than might be the standard, I don't see people in groups of "here" or "there" as much as I see them as movable points among an infinite amount of possible places for them on a lot of lines - a bit like dimmer switches, or EQ sliders set to different levels, which may or may not change over time...

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I know some cool, nice, and smart SEEs, but it did strike me how similar woof and I "sound" in the chatbox. However, in our extensive private conversations, some slight differences in mentality and strengths have surfaced. So, in other words, I'm really ok with either typing.
    I noticed that too! You're definitely IEE, and you're good at a lot of things I'm not - you seem to be able to keep more avenues of thought open at a time than I am, I kinda have tunnel vision in that regard, I think...

Fuck it all, I declare him a mix.

regardless of the sides of the lines I'm on, I expect many of them to be close calls, hopefully moreso and moreso as time goes on, so I'm not incomplete...

Thanks I've been focusing a lot more on cooking; a lot of stumbling blocks I've had in music, I was able to make sense of, and work through, in a Socionics way - I was simply paying no attention to , nor placing any importance on it for a while, and I had to correct that, and I came to understand why I didn't mesh as well with the Delta musicians as they did with each other...

And cool, you found in me somehow, I hope it's there! I'll need it in the workplace...

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Any comparison with this Tosh thing is entirely superficial.
    For fuck's sake, Gilly - are you dropping the ball on purpose?

From what you did in the Russian pictures thread, from your inability to stick to ILE or EIE after over half a decade here (and countless "type me" threads), and from this thread, it sounds like you're either completely incapable of telling the Perceiving functions apart (which will make much of my anecdote useless for you, ha-ha), or just an empty, hateful, jealous, wind-blowing egomaniac. You bore me too much to think about much further, in any event...

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    My impression of woof is based on his posts, videos, and numerous conversations in the catbox and on IRC. Become curious by your comparison, I forced myself two sit through two videos of this Tosh fellow's suckful stand-up routine, never having seen him before, and saw nothing but a facial resemblance. Whatever your perception might be, I find that woof's demeanor, attitude, and energy level stand in stark contrast to Tosh's, and beyond external appearances I see very little similarity at all.
    Sorry you had to see those videos I've seen his show on accident at the LSE friend's house, and other than the spirit of that one thing where people who have become infamous online laughingstocks are invited to redeem themselves and do something great in fromt of lots of people, I can't see much resemblance either...

...and I just watched those stand-up videos - aaaggh, that's not like me at all! He's got the "awkward collegiate semi-rich dude who probably owns a Mac" vibe all around, I know it, I've seen the thing before, BulletsAndDoves probably has a term for it, it's a thing and all, and it might not be a bad thing, but that thing isn't a part of me...

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I can see either. either way.
    Awwww thanks I'll try to get more sleep too, by the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post

You can't over-use emoticons, silly!

one day, we'll capsize an entire thread with emoticons...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly sux at VI.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, there are enough LIIs and ILIs in this forum to check your intertype relations and see if you're SEE or not. But well, you're not the one who doubts SEE, anyway. I personally don't have any objections to that typing, even though your posting style reminds me pretty much of MntDew's, not just because of the excessive amount of smilies, it's rather the overall impression.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see why you see that on the surface, though mtdew and baxter are totally different information processing in my opinion. It's similar to how ILIs and LIIs get confused on here.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't see the comparison to mountain dew at allll. even with the emoticons woofie's use of them seems more natural or something to me. i'm confused as to how they could be seen as similar since what stands out to me most in md's posts is that he always sounds to me like he's selling something whereas in woofie's posts it seems like sincerity stands out.

i'd buy both SEE and IEE.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i don't see the comparison to mountain dew at allll. even with the emoticons woofie's use of them seems more natural or something to me.

i'd buy both SEE and IEE.
    Quasies, I guess.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEE >> SEE, woof reminds me of some ILEs I've known who will give you detailed specs in a heartbeat on anything that concerns their hobbies, his written expression is also similar to some IEE's that I've known and his forum signature isn't helping the SEE cause either

That, right there, is a good command of . Knowing exactly how much force to apply, where to apply it, and how to apply it, to get the intended result.
    that is not otherwise there would be no Ne-leading and Ne-creative personalities capable of playing musical instruments as essentially any instrument requires that you know when and how much pressure/force to apply to it

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    either way.
    ^^

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tsk-tsk.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    that is not otherwise there would be no Ne-leading and Ne-creative personalities capable of playing musical instruments as essentially any instrument requires that you know when and how much pressure/force to apply to it
    Playing a musical instrument does not require as fine a control as he's demonstrated with his drumstick usage. Just basic motor control refined with practice.

And for argument's sake, there must be Se-doms and egos with horrible musicianship, since music is not just technique. How do you know he's even a good drum player?
    Reason is a whore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast