Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please VI me =)

Creepy-Snaps

Default Please VI me =)

There, done adding pictures! You can comment now and help me figure out my type hopefully, once and for all! I tried to include pictures from straight on smiling, straight on blank face, angled smiling, angled straight face, full-body pictures, pictures with family, some goofy/funny pictures, etc. etc. Basically tried to include enough that you can get a very good idea! I'll shut up now so nobody's too influenced by what I write. Please judge based solely on appearance, you VI experts out there! =D

EDIT:
    Pictures removed as of May 13, 2011. Pictures were up for over half a year. Pictures removed for safety reasons, so I don't have random pictures of me floating around on the internet.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A GOOD DAY!
    Last edited by Snaps; 05-14-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best guess is Alpha Extrovert. Leaning ESFj > ENTp. You're so... happy.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at first i would say maybe IEE. but i think crispy is right with the ESE typing... seems like in every picture that you're smiling (besides a couple) you are showing your teeth

Creepy-Snaps

Added one more pic at the end then, where I'm not smiling.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Added one more pic at the end then, where I'm not smiling.
    Yay, you uploaded some photos finally! haha. Well, good luck finding your socionics type!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking LII. It's VI though, so take it with a granule of sodium chloride.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't he look a little like Neil Patrick Harris? If so, SLI?? Really unsure.

Definitely alpha or delta though.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ISTx; Sensory thinker type...slight chance of ESTx; not ESTj; ISTj is a good option.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-05-2011 at 12:22 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd guess IEE. Your body language and facial expression seem generally open and outwardly-focused, indicating Extraversion. Your gaze seems fairly soft and unfocused, as if not looking at anything in particular, indicating Intuition. The consistent smile showing teeth is more common with ethical types, and I get a general ethical vibe. That narrows it down to EIE or IEE, and the general impression I get is of Ne/Si valuing, so IEE.

I don't see ESE in these pictures. ESEs tend to deliberately display a wider range of expressions, sometimes exaggeratedly so. IEEs, and Deltas in general, prefer a sort of baseline of constant vague happiness, because their focus isn't on showing or influencing emotion, it's on establishing and dealing with relationships with people.

I don't see LII or SLI at all -- you look too outwardly-focused to me to be any sort of introvert.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj or ENFj.

Creepy-Snaps

Ok, so far I have:
    4 votes for INTj
    3 votes for ISTp
    2 votes for ENFp and ESFj
    1 vote for ISTj, ENFj, ESTp, and ENTp

Btw, I took the following as a vote for ESTp:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    slight chance of ESTx; not ESTj
    And so far I must say I'm incredibly frustrated! How can your guesses differ so much! If you break it down by letter, I guess everyone's leaning towards me being a Thinking type, and even that is only slightly:
    8 votes for I, 7 votes for E
    7 votes for S, 8 votes for N
    10 votes for T, 5 votes for F
    8 votes for j, 7 votes for p

Not to mention that 8 different personality types were suggested. Might as well mention the other 8 as possibilities. I know I'm being sarcastic... but am I really that tough to type? Am I really that complex?

I don't want to necessarily yell at everyone who's guessed so far, as I know you're only trying to help me! But I feel like this is proof of how imprecise visual identification is. Everyone has their own methods, everyone can see different things, argue towards one type or another...

At this rate I'll never figure out my type! Ok so most people voted either INTj or ISTp so far, but in my other thread where I answered questions and wrote about myself, people guessed either ESFJ or ENFp mostly, with a couple suggestions for either ESTj, INFp, or ISFj...

I'm starting to give up. As a request, could the people who voted for a certain type with no explanation, give an explanation? Like Krig the Viking, or doesn't have to be long, like Crispy or Jenna. Maybe if we get some debate going, it'll be easier to figure out.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Doesn't he look a little like Neil Patrick Harris? If so, SLI?? Really unsure.

Definitely alpha or delta though.
    Lol I've been told before that I look like Doogie Howser.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    Hi Mountain Dew in some photos I think you have a bit of a Colin Firth look who I think is mostly typed as ISTp/SLI but in a couple of others (side photos) you V.I. like an INTj/LII friend. So I am not too sure .
    Per Ashton, Colin Firth is INFp/IEI.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I'd guess IEE. Your body language and facial expression seem generally open and outwardly-focused, indicating Extraversion. Your gaze seems fairly soft and unfocused, as if not looking at anything in particular, indicating Intuition. The consistent smile showing teeth is more common with ethical types, and I get a general ethical vibe. That narrows it down to EIE or IEE, and the general impression I get is of Ne/Si valuing, so IEE.

I don't see ESE in these pictures. ESEs tend to deliberately display a wider range of expressions, sometimes exaggeratedly so. IEEs, and Deltas in general, prefer a sort of baseline of constant vague happiness, because their focus isn't on showing or influencing emotion, it's on establishing and dealing with relationships with people.

I don't see LII or SLI at all -- you look too outwardly-focused to me to be any sort of introvert.
    I think i'm going to go with IEE for you too, Mtn Dew. People can sometimes have a hint of a look like their duals, especially in pics. I didn't think Fe-POLR for you...which is why i was so unsure about typing you SLI. And I agree with extraversion.

But ultimately Mountain Dew, you will need to be the judge yourself. You know yourself best, so start learning socionics and elucidate your type! The best we can do is sort of guess based on the limited info we have about you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first impression was Delta ST. ESTj that is.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    But ultimately Mountain Dew, you will need to be the judge yourself. You know yourself best, so start learning socionics and elucidate your type! The best we can do is sort of guess based on the limited info we have about you.
    Yes, I'm beginning to think this is going to be a long process. I wonder how many months/years it takes for people to figure out their true type... heck, I see threads floating around of people still unsure of their type, after years.

What would even be the best way to go about "learning socionics"? Studying the 8 functions and trying to recognize them in yourself?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Linas View Post
    my first impression was Delta ST. ESTj that is.
    Thank you for the input, but for the sake of learning and debate, why do you think that? Btw, ESTj was one of the types I was heavily leaning toward, based on type description. But then again there are several types which I think could be me.

And how is it that people type based upon Quadra? How do Alphas look different then Betas, etc?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, dude, actually, I was recognized as INFp/IEI, then I first registered on this other socionics forum, but I was like... naaah, it's not me, no, not really... Then I was constantly floating between IEI-SEI-EIE-ESE-SLI-IEE-ILE... and only like this winter I stood by the IEI ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the input, but for the sake of learning and debate, why do you think that? Btw, ESTj was one of the types I was heavily leaning toward, based on type description. But then again there are several types which I think could be me.

And how is it that people type based upon Quadra? How do Alphas look different then Betas, etc?
    Oh, that was an impression...

Quadras... Well they represent themselves in certain ways... Try reading about it:

Quadra - Wikisocion

You know, we pretty much judge people based on our stereotypes. Then learning socionics, you learn new stereotypes, and then later you learn that those stereotypes were wrong, and man, this is pretty wierd theory. I mean it is ok, just that then getting into it, you probably gotta interact a lot with those people you are typing, and even that doesn't help a lot, even in a very close distance, you can still be very unsure...

Alphas - silly
    Betas - survivalious
    Gamma - moneymakin'
    Delta - who knows...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I feel like this is proof of how imprecise visual identification is. Everyone has their own methods, everyone can see different things, argue towards one type or another...

At this rate I'll never figure out my type!
    Exactly! If you want to be typed even somewhat correctly VI is not the way to go. A video would be a lot more helpful than pictures if you wanted to go a VI and information route.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    Exactly! If you want to be typed even somewhat correctly VI is not the way to go. A video would be a lot more helpful than pictures if you wanted to go a VI and information route.
    yeah exactly. VI is useful but you really have to know what to look for, and confirm with evidence of IM manifestations, which is hard to do with photos sometimes. It's good that you gave us multiple photos, that does help, but often an video/interview is more helpful for VI.

One thing to keep in mind when reading type descriptions is who wrote it. What the author's type is. Because each type sees the other types differently from how the other types see those types.

So when trying to figure out your own type, try to read descriptions written by a person of the type you're reading about. e.g. Rick DeLong's IEE description, Filatova's EII description, Stratieyevskaya's ILI description. Still though that's just a starting point, because it's possible to relate to multiple different type descriptions (especially your dual's).

I think the easiest way to start typing yourself (and how I approach typing people) is first to figure out if you're Fe-valuing vs Fi-valuing, because that can be pretty obvious (though not always). Once you figure that out, you've narrowed things down to 2 quadras. (another way to do this is look at Te-valuing vs Ti-valuing--narrow to the same quadras). The next thing to look at is whether you're Si-valuing vs Se-valuing (or alternatively Ne-valuing vs Ni-valuing though this can be a lot more obscure to determine). So this will narrow down your quadra. Once you narrow down the quadra, double check the quadra values to see whether it actually fits.

To go through this, you need to understand the differences between those information elements. And that's where the information aspects come in. For example: Fe is dynamic, Fi is static.

I have to go now, but hope this is a starting point.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Fe type. Reminds me of Linas, strrrng, Wittmont, somewhat myself; I'm hesitant to seriously postulate IEI, though. Maybe EIE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram 3w2, btw.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I feel like this is proof of how imprecise visual identification is.
    VI is imprecise. If you go to Wikisocion, somewhere in there is a poll conducted of Socionists, and they don't consider VI all that reliable.

I find VI intriguing, and as I've followed these threads, started my own, and considered people's "methods," I would say VI has some value, but that it is only one tool, and a limited one. And still photos are somewhat less informative than seeing how someone moves, how he interacts with the environment and with me and other people.

Example. In my own "type me" thread, people got an impression of EIE from my self-descriptions, but later they (easily) visually typed me as IEI when I posted a series of photos. Because I do look pretty darned IEI, and a lot of that is just in the eyes, I'm sure. And in fact I've always, always typed as INFp in MBTI. I'm more introverted than extraverted, and the IEI PoLR corresponds with my biggest problems. Doesn't mean I can't come across as EIE in a lot of situations, but considering how I behave left to my own devices, and my overall life pattern, IEI makes more sense.

And yet some people here get a really Delta impression of me. I can see that, but I suck at being Delta-ish in the long run. The Beta stuff I really should just embrace but seem to struggle against ... I just need to figure out how to accept myself, grrr.

Anyway, some people are easier to VI than others. Some people look stereotypically like a certain type, and others don't. And it seems to me that some "types" themselves have a more obvious identifiable look, and others are a little harder to pinpoint. And that varies from person to person. As I learn more, I'm finding it easier for me to get a good VI read on people whose types I'm most familiar with.

But even if I get better at it, I would never rely on VI as the definitive means to type someone.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My initial guess was EIE. But who knows. You're very smiley. And there are so many pictures! I'd say probably not IEI for the (admittedly kinda dumb) reason that your mouth is open so much. I feel like most of the IEIs I have have closed-mouthed smiles. lol You seem more extroverted than IEIs do, usually.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but in my other thread where I answered questions and wrote about myself, people guessed either ESFJ or ENFp mostly
    I would start there. Most members can interpret written word more accurately than face.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    My initial guess was EIE. But who knows. You're very smiley. And there are so many pictures! I'd say probably not IEI for the (admittedly kinda dumb) reason that your mouth is open so much. I feel like most of the IEIs I have have closed-mouthed smiles. lol You seem more extroverted than IEIs do, usually.
    open wide

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    open wide
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I feel like this is proof of how imprecise visual identification is.
    Nothing is precise on this forum because everyone's opinions about anything Socionics related are varied and subjective. Nothing new. It's not just VI. Since VI is considered secondary to type, then there will be more variance with people who somewhat agree on similar concepts--they all know a certain person who looks like you, and they don't really study VI, thus a hunch of a response. Best not to automatically label everyone as an alleged VI expert.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    open wide
    Hm. How wide?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to give up. As a request, could the people who voted for a certain type with no explanation, give an explanation? Like Krig the Viking, or doesn't have to be long, like Crispy or Jenna. Maybe if we get some debate going, it'll be easier to figure out.
    The pics seem to indicate that you have a tendency to display a vivid depiction of emotions, external energy and social forwardness that I find most common in Fe dominants and Fe demonstrative (EIE, ESE, IEE and SEE). SEE would be unlikely IMO since you don't give off the impression of an aggressive/commanding person, but this of course is just my impression
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally not INTj. How on earth did that type end up getting suggested?

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    The pics seem to indicate that you have a tendency to display a vivid depiction of emotions, external energy and social forwardness that I find most common in Fe dominants and Fe demonstrative (EIE, ESE, IEE and SEE). SEE would be unlikely IMO since you don't give off the impression of an aggressive/commanding person, but this of course is just my impression
    Agreed. Having read the other thread, I'm now torn between ESE and IEE. But I'm getting close to 90% sure he's one of those.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely some ST , man... I guess NOT ESTP nor ESTJ... ISTP and ISTJ so I lean towards ISTJ because you have that strange cold nazi ISTj stare.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Hm. How wide?
    So that they can be in-control. You knoooow..

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linas View Post
    So that they can be in-control. You knoooow..
    lolol

I believe I was fishing for different information than what you've provided, Linas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    Definitely some ST , man... I guess NOT ESTP nor ESTJ... ISTP and ISTJ so I lean towards ISTJ because you have that strange cold nazi ISTj stare.
    LOL; my goodness that Fe!!!
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look a lot like Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool football player). LSx.

INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I would start there. Most members can interpret written word more accurately than face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Agreed. Having read the other thread, I'm now torn between ESE and IEE. But I'm getting close to 90% sure he's one of those.
    I was thinking, my writing so far may not be a very good sampling of my true personality, because I usually come to this site when I have lots of free time, and when I'm in a good mood. Which generally makes me come across as more Feeling.

And I do tend to be more straight-faced and serious, especially when trying to get things done. But I loosen up around friends and like to joke, laugh, and have a good time, like anybody else.

Maybe that's why I read VI should have pictures without smiling, so your face can be seen more naturally. Regardless, despite all the pictures with smiling, most people typed me as a Thinker, probably an ST, and I believe they are correct.

So, to conclude, at this point I believe I am an LSE, or ESTj. Whether it's what I read about Ej rigidity, the Delta temperament, most people VI'ing me as an ST, or the ESTj description itself, I think everything is pointing towards ESTj. So that is what I am going forward with at this point, but being new to socionics, I leave room that I may have mis-typed myself, and I may be something else completely. But as for now, everything seems to fit with ESTj.

Thank you everyone for your help, taking the time to post, explaining what you think, etc. I appreciate it very much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast