What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types in unexpected jobs

I used to think that intuitives are mainly in academia.

But I've found them in other fields too.

I just met an ILE who works as a house painter. This is his main job, not something temporary.

I was surprised to find an ILE here. Most people in this field are Delta ST.

But he has his own business and he is very interested in understanding the methods and patterns behind it. It is Si-related so it attracts him.

I'll meet him on monday and we'll install plastic wall paper in a bathroom. That requires some special procedures. I said to him that this is very interesting and he agreed.

I have also once met an ILE in facility service.

I've met one LIE in gardening. She seemed very nervous and neurotic. But I think she was just on her way to something better. Probably going towards landscape architecture. (She was quite young, but not that young)

Sometimes sensors stay in academics and take a PhD. One ESI has a PhD in sociolinguistics. I was at the dissertation. It was not very convincing, she was all the time in superego (LII) mode.

I know a few SEIs who study philosophy. The other SEI is working on his PhD. I don't have a clue how he's gonna make it. Or later get a job. I think he will hit the wall at some point and be forced to do something else.

Do you know any types in unexpected jobs?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The suprising is to see people making job in weak non-valued region - it's not only harder, but should annoy.

I saw a woman-masseur with EIE type. Her hobby was ok for type - fortunetelling.
    A programmer with possible SEE type.
    Among actors and singers you may meet SLI/ILI.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One of my biggests disagreements with MBTI and its forums and ppl is the idea of the existence of predetermined jobs and fields for each type. There are ridiculous stereotypes and prejudices that can't be shaken, for example that artistic fields are just for feelers and that a thinker type will never be into that or that science is a field for thinkers only, or intuitives being almost physically disabled for working in physical jobs etc. Ugh.

That said most of that stereotypes are not even true since I've known ppl of all the types doing all kind of things that were supposedly "unsuited" for their types. I know for example a LIE who studied graphic design and then was the owner of a paint shop.
    My ILE friend studied visual communication and he was fascinated by stop motion. Actually he's working in green roofs.
    My LSE dad studied psychology but he ended up working in totally different fields because he has a more profitable opportunity.

I've known some ISTps girls confessing with shame the fact that they studied arts because that's not an ISTP thing...supposedly all ISTPs should be firefighters, mechanics, computer technicians, plumbers or work in manufacturers or something like that. LOL

Thats an example of how misused personality theories can be more harmful than productive.
    Last edited by Hope; 09-22-2017 at 09:29 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The suprising is to see people making job in weak non-valued region - it's not only harder, but should annoy.

I saw a woman-masseur with EIE type. Her hobby was ok for type - fortunetelling.
    A programmer with possible SEE type.
    Among actors and singers you may meet SLI/ILI.

The prototype of SLI in Socionics is Jean Gaben, a french actor. I don't know why should be surprising to find actors or singers SLI.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugcat View Post
    The prototype of SLI in Socionics is Jean Gaben, a french actor. I don't know why should be surprising to find actors or singers SLI.
    Could you give us some examples (video) of actor and singers who are SLI? I don't know of any.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't know why should be surprising to find actors or singers SLI
    by the reason above. as acting is mostly Fe region

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Otoh:

I've known 2 ieis who went to school for nursing (one didn't end up going through with a job after graduation, the other is still attending).

My ili brother has been a truck driver for years.

I worked with an iee who wrote highly detailed reports with lots of math, but it was my job to proofread and double check the math in them and I wanted to fucking smack him a lot of the time.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my biggests disagreements with MBTI and its forums and ppl is the idea of the existence of predetermined jobs and fields for each type. There are ridiculous stereotypes and prejudices that can't be shaken, for example that artistic fields are just for feelers and that a thinker type will never be into that or that science is a field for thinkers only, or intuitives being almost physically disabled for working in physical jobs etc. Ugh.
    You are pushing it here. Of course you can't be that specific, but work is in fact very much related to type. Step into any mechanical workshop, it's full of SLIs. But do you know of any SEI university professors?

The type determines our natural strengths, it's only natural that it manifests itself in society.

Do you know of any LIIs who do physical work such as building houses? Do you know any SEI CEOs?

There is competition in all fields, that will eliminate all types that are not suited for the job.

Sometimes it happens that you find a type outside their common field of work, but then they usually partially incorporate their natural strengths into the field they're working in.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post

I once met an ILI who said that she had learned to drive by imagination. She just imagined what it was like driving, all the movements etc. and then she could drive.

I think driving is very ILI.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought that being a truck driver would be great. Sweet, sweet solitude, with little social interaction or teamwork required. I would be doing it right now if I could. I'm not sure this is something that's generally unattractive to ILIs.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah, but why Jean Gabin was used as prototype?
    Also Fi can be used in acting and all artistic fields, not just Fe.
    Last edited by Hope; 09-22-2017 at 09:21 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a LSE who is a higher up social worker with the ministry of youth and family services. The valued, yet weak Fi is so apparent.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I worked with an iee who wrote highly detailed reports with lots of math, but it was my job to proofread and double check the math in them and I wanted to fucking smack him a lot of the time.
    Lol I'm having flashbacks of all the times we had already called a courier to have the report delivered and this guy would run into the lobby, arms flailing, yelling, "wait! Just one more thing!" and sometimes it would just be like changing an "a" to "the" or something...

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    I know a LSE who is a higher up social worker with the ministry of youth and family services. The valued, yet weak Fi is so apparent.
    An lse I know is also a social worker, but it makes sense to me. She's very into providing care to people who need it and good with administration/paperwork, doesn't get too emotionally entrenched, and works well in the govt structures she works for.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know SEI chemist with PhD. OTOH I don't really consider that amazingly extraordinary for SEIs... (I have seen some SEIs doing lab analyst work and once in a while some lab analyst decides to become a chemist even PhD and of course most won't do this kind of side turn.)

SEI that is a physicist. That would be interesting.

I have IEI sister. She is a cook by profession but is incredibly unsatisfied and not that great. Struggles with motivation/energy.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 09-22-2017 at 08:50 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have an ILI friend working at a coffee shop, and an LII friend working at a grocery store, I know tons of SLI majoring in subjects such as marine biology, computer science, and philosophy. My SEI friend has been a photographer since high school days and now he's got a team of people working under him. Another SEI friend is on her way to finishing her English/Lit degree before she pursues a business career (connections, speaks 3 languages). Another is pursuing a medical degree. My SEE friend just finished defending her thesis and now she's got a Master's. My Ne-lead friends are all over the map. They may be clever, but they're impulsive, too. One IEE friend went from being a med student, to living in a van, to starting a band. They'd rather travel than work tirelessly on a degree. My EII friends range from teachers to physics majors. This upcoming winter I'm gonna be majoring in Cognitive Sciences.

So, people are everywhere, regardless of type.

You're forgetting Si. There are quite a few descriptions outlining SLI's finely 'polished' and expressive emotions and it's because they'd prefer not to outright express their emotions via words that they do so in clever ways such as facial expressions. Very subtle, such is the nature of Si and Fi.
    http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/sp.html (one of many examples)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a good number of ESI and EIEs and SEEs working in academia (also in the sciences), actually many more than the LIEs and LSI and ILIs who seem to always end up quarreling with the wrong people or stubbornly wanting to implement their own ideas, whereas they're (the gamma SF and EIEs) pretty good with politics and doing their specific job well, and that's extremely important in many academic settings.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    You are pushing it here. Of course you can't be that specific, but work is in fact very much related to type. Step into any mechanical workshop, it's full of SLIs.
    Does that mean that all ISTPs are or should be mechanics? I'm not saying that functions can be related to certain abilities, I'm against generalization and limitation of human capacities as well as careers as determinants of ppls types.

But do you know of any SEI university professors?

SEIs can't be professors or what? (I don't know what are the stereotypical fields of SEIs).

I knew a SEI girl who was in arts and she was pretty bad at it. After that she put a bakery shop, I think she was more successful in that.

The type determines our natural strengths, it's only natural that it manifests itself in society.

Do you know of any LIIs who do physical work such as building houses? Do you know any SEI CEOs?

I actually know a LII girl who owns a transporting truck (not that she drives it). Something that would be pretty unlikely to fit with LIIs. And believe it or not, she (a very slim and small girl) worked building houses as part of a social program because she wanted to help ppl. I'm just saying that trying to determine what ppl can and can't do based in personality theories is bs and insulting.

I knew a SEI who was supervisor in a corporation...she was sleeping with her boss, though.

There is competition in all fields, that will eliminate all types that are not suited for the job.

Sometimes it happens that you find a type outside their common field of work, but then they usually partially incorporate their natural strengths into the field they're working in.

I think that every person can have their own interests despite their type. So there shouldnt be such thing as "common" or "usual" field. I mean, its not usual for girls to work as mechanics, plumbers or firefighters ...so what happens with SLI girls?

And I think everybody can be as good as everybody else if they like what they do and use their functions in what they like.

@sorrows

why health sciences is incompatible with ESEs? My mom wanted to be a nurse but she couldnt for other reasons... I think that health science is fitting with Si. My mom can have 1DTi but she's pretty competent in practical matters and enjoy taking care of ppl (plus shes very interested in health matters). She have a tendency to think that "everything is hard" at the beginning, but after time she can get used to do it with the proper encourage.

What has been painful to me is related with 1DFe, but I don't even have an interest in those fields…dancing is one of those, also sales. Being in public or facing ppl everyday its extremely draining and frustrating… I worked in a coffee shop once and I did terribly with ppl…my IEE says that it was hilarious. I felt extremely drained and tired (even of speaking and I have to repeat myself constantly because ppl didn't listened to me) after few months. Sales is deadly to me. But once an ISTP said to me that he loved sales…who am I to disagree with him? lol
    Last edited by Hope; 09-22-2017 at 09:43 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrows View Post
    I can see how an Si Lead would do very well in the arts, design, architecture etc. etc. My SLI girlfriend is an esthetician, and she is amazing at her job.
    I know that SLIs can be great at those fields, but MBTI theory says that those areas are incompatible with ISTxs. Thats why I'm opposed to such perspectives.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Could you give us some examples (video) of actor and singers who are SLI? I don't know of any.
    Some lists of MBTI and Socionics include this ppl as SLI:

Clint Eastwood
    Tom Cruise
    Bruce Lee
    James Dean
    Scarlet Johanson
    Harrison Ford
    Anthony Hopkins
    John Malkovich
    Nicole Kidman
    Grace Kelly
    Keanu Reeves
    Julian Moore

I can't agree or disagree with that since I'm not even interested in the career of most of that ppl. The only ones that I know and could see with something like 1dFe in there are Clint Estwood, Hopkins and Malkovich.

Hopkins always looks to me as uncomfortable and with a fake smile in public appearances, that is almost painful to watch, imo. I could compare that with how I look when I'm in public and I've to make public display of Fe.

Estwood its like an evident 1DFe to me.

Malkovich about his voice:

I don't know about singers. But I've know couple of istps interested in music in forums and I like to sing too.

This guy play in a band, I think he's an evident SLI.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have been working in electrical for the past four years, I should be licensed in 2 years as it takes roughly 6 years. I was awful at it at first, but I stuck through it because I liked it and I improved a lot throughout the four years. It requires and , which are functions that I value, but I'm not naturally good at. It requires too though, which is the main drawback for me.

I think SLIs make the best electricians from my biased pov as they are highly efficient and do the job properly. STs in general tend to excel at it and are the most common electricians. There is a lot of SFs in it though that are decent to good at it. Intuitives like myself are rare, especially NFs, but they are not completely out of the picture and they can become decent at it if they enjoy it.

Anyways, I think in terms of choosing a career, the most important thing is if it is based on functions you value so you stick through with it in the long run and the second most important thing is if it is based on functions you are strong at so you learn it quicker and get good at it faster. Obviously, having both is ideal by choosing a career that is based on your strongest and most valued functions, but that is not always possible.
    Last edited by Raver; 09-22-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This guy play in a band, I think he's an evident SLI.
    I love this video. he even has the sanpaku eyes. the commenters think they're cold but I think it's just Delta values + latent discomfort from being filmed while talking to a third party about their relationship.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    So, people are everywhere, regardless of type.
    The difference is how many of people of concrete types in some job. Especially among high class professionals with merits.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    I love this video. he even has the sanpaku eyes. the commenters think they're cold but I think it's just Delta values + latent discomfort from being filmed while talking to a third party about their relationship.
    Yeah, most of ppl in MBTI don't know about duality in socionics so they don't want to believe that something like ISTp/ENFp could work.

Anyway, my IEE and I can look like that too. A lot of ppl don't even think we are couple because sometimes we don't make so much open public displays of love. However to me they seem in love.

Also I think she's E6 or 9, thats why she looks kinda "cold".

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEIs can't be professors or what?
    No they can't. And the reason is simple. They have the wrong functional strength for that. There is fierce competition in that field so it means that anybody else who is stronger functionally with the same training will win over the SEI.

SEIs can do some lower level teaching, but never top positions in academia.

There are some rare exceptions, like artistic fields, but not in traditional academic subjects.

My experience is that type matters a lot more than people think. The view that "anybody can do anything as long as they put their mind to it", is a false idealogical assumption. It only works in theory, but in the real world there are tough requirements and competition.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've known some ISTps girls confessing with shame the fact that they studied arts because that's not an ISTP thing...supposedly all ISTPs should be firefighters, mechanics, computer technicians, plumbers or work in manufacturers or something like that. LOL
    You mean that they were influenced by Myers-Briggs? SLIs are often artistic, that's the nature of . Especially design, decorative painting, craftsmanship bordering to art are the domains of SLI.

MyersBriggs is very harmful.

Firefighter is not an optimal job for SLI because of base. Let the people handle that.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how unusual this is but i know LII in social work.

My experience is that type matters a lot more than people think. The view that "anybody can do anything as long as they put their mind to it", is a false idealogical assumption. It only works in theory, but in the real world there are tough requirements and competition.
    Would you say this is maybe a strong Ne valuing bias? It seems to me this strong view about natural affinity to things could have something to do with it; have you considered that before just curious?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, it is not exceptionally rare to find LIIs in psycho* fields. Jung and others...
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience is that type matters a lot more than people think.
    totally agree with this, but I think normally people would go to work in what they're good at, but there are other circumstances that makes people do other jobs the simple example is that some people would go for the job with the higher income even if that isn't there area of strength & maybe it even makes them very stressed but they need to pay the bills which is understandable

The view that "anybody can do anything as long as they put their mind to it", is a false ideological assumption. It only works in theory, but in the real world there are tough requirements and competition.
    there is a difference between being able to do something & being able to be great at it, so the view "anybody can do anything as long as they put their mind to it" is actually true but if you want the maximum return you should focus on your strengths because it is easier to grow & be the best you can be there & not to mention it is much more enjoyable to work on your strengths than your weaknesses

but I still agree with @Slugcat that you shouldn't box people's potential into limited views on what they can or can't do, as you said in another post here that people incorporate their strengths into their jobs so why limit people's creativity? who knows maybe they can come up with innovative ways to do those jobs you thought don't suit them

what I am really against to forcing people to do those jobs that they aren't really good at with the excuse of fixing their weaknesses or making them well rounded

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Anyways, I think in terms of choosing a career, the most important thing is if it is based on functions you value so you stick through with it in the long run and the second most important thing is if it is based on functions you are strong at so you learn it quicker and get good at it faster. Obviously, having both is ideal by choosing a career that is based on your strongest and most valued functions, but that is not always possible.
    I agree with this. If the base is not used in the job, then it will always haunt you as feelings of frustration, boredom, pain. You can't ignore the base without paying for it.
    Working in the base can be hard too, but the person is able to concentrate and develop over time without losing motivation. Work done in the base is well invested.
    Even better if the demonstrative is included too, it gives instinctual connection and spontaneity to the work. But it is not always possible.

There are lots of SLIs in technical fields. They have a very good functional constitution. Even if is maybe not always used to the max, they have Te and Demonstrative Ti that will make sure they can enjoy the work.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Well, it is not exceptionally rare to find LIIs in psycho* fields. Jung and others...
    Maybe, i'd only known a couple in the law system before hence this one seemed a bit less common to me; She cracks a joke sometimes and it is a bit painful but she is so extremely polite that it doesn't come across as bad as it possibly could lol.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    totally agree with this, but I think normally people would go to work in what they're good at, but there are other circumstances that makes people do other jobs the simple example is that some people would go for the job with the higher income even if that isn't there area of strength & maybe it even makes them very stressed but they need to pay the bills which is understandable
    Oh yes, I agree. But one has to make a distinction between working in an uncomfortable job, and a job that one wouldn't be able to do at all.

there is a difference between being able to do something & being able to be great at it, so the view "anybody can do anything as long as they put their mind to it" is actually true
    Here I disagree, and the reason is that competition matters. Many fields are competitive and that will limit the influx of "wrong" types, with the exception of the lower levels in the hierarchy. You might say that then certain types just have to "work harder to make it", but with so many "better types" around doing the same amount of work and training and competing for the same jobs it becomes impossible.

In many fields the work has been streamlined for efficiency and that means that there is not much room for mistakes or "doing things your way".

Exceptions always exist. There are always rare people who are just incredibly smart and can go against the odds of their type. But that's not the point.

But of course there are still lots of jobs with less competition and less requirements and here any type can do the job. Then its up to the person himself.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here I disagree, and the reason is that competition matters. Many fields are competitive and that will limit the influx of "wrong" types, with the exception of the lower levels in the hierarchy. You might say that then certain types just have to "work harder to make it", but with so many "better types" around doing the same amount of work and training and competing for the same jobs it becomes impossible.
    well I think if you don't have the talent then working harder is just swimming against the current, so I would never tell someone to "work harder to make it" unless they actually have the talent & then work harder to be the best

as for the fields that are competitive & limit the influx of "wrong" types that would be ideal, what I know is fields that are competitive that limit the influx of those who don't have connections unless they're exceptional

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm a fucking IEE/SEE working as a computer programmer!

How was that!

Man it's Giving me mental retardation.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post

How was that!

Java gives everyone mental retardation.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post

How was that!

why did you even studied programming?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it didn't give me mental retardation, am I not part of everyone?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Everyone can do and work in the fields they want, but functions sometimes influence subjects of interest of each type, but it doesnt mean that they are less capable. Saying that ppl cant or shouldnt work in certain fields is almost like racism or eugenics imo.
    Last edited by Hope; 09-23-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually my officemates gives me mental retardation and the ambiance in our fucking office

I cannot breath like seriously i need some fucking fresh air..

Being sitted like a robot 9-6pm

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    it didn't give me mental retardation, am I not part of everyone?
    Because you're perfect for the job bro

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone can do and work in the fields they want, but functions sometimes influence subjects of interest of each type, but it doesnt mean that they are less capable. Saying that ppl cant or shouldnt work in certain fields is almost racism or eugenics imo.
    I really don't understand this view. To me it is self evident that I am less capable in most jobs than some ILE for example. I know this first hand from experience and by observing others.

The bottom line is that life is not fair. But that shouldn't be a surprise. You can call it racism if you want but then racism is true.

All we can do is make the best of our (limited) capabilities and knowledge.

(Jung on Si)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast