not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFJ/EII, excited to be here

Hi. Like most Americans, I first was introduced to the MBTI and became pretty well-educated about that. Recently, I have started delving into Socionics, however, and am finding that I like a lot of things about the system.

So now it is my personal "project" to try to reconcile the MBTI and Socionics (at least to myself). I hope this will be a good place to go about it (or if I'm just going to meet a bunch of MBTI-bashers, I guess I'll have to take my research elsewhere...). I understand there are a lot of personality theorists on either side who will wholeheartedly disagree with each others' theories, but I am nonetheless hoping to find mostly common ground, or develop my own theories on why the two systems differ, and if it is possible that the seemingly differing theories might be combined somehow to make an agreeable whole.

Can it be done?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The two systems don't differ much, people can not and do not answer the questions objectively. I score INFj on every test and so does my ENFj friend. Welcome by the way
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds interesting. Good luck!

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    The two systems don't differ much, people can not and do not answer the questions objectively. I score INFj on every test and so does my ENFj friend. Welcome by the way
    Well, mostly I'm trying to figure out why the function orderings are so different. Like, how can I be Ni-Fe based on the MBTI, but Fi-Ne based on Socionics?

btw, I'm not expecting anyone to answer that ^. But I have my own theories which I am currently attempting to formulate into concrete thoughts and language, and then I will be sharing here.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Well, mostly I'm trying to figure out why the function orderings are so different. Like, how can I be Ni-Fe based on the MBTI, but Fi-Ne based on Socionics?
    Because MBTI deviates from Jung here and goes in the opposite direction, whereas Socionics stays true to Jung. And personally after having 'reconciled' the two systems myself a number of years ago, I decided that MBTI no longer made any sense and stuck with Socionics. If you look closely though, MBTI and Socionics 'type' descriptions do generally describe the same type of people. Socionics is superior in that it goes into great depth as far as inter-type relationships relating the functions together. MBTI cant touch this, and it has a lot to do with their complete reversing around of the functions. I did read a Kiersey book or two which is based on MBTI and found it to be very useful, except in the inter-type relationship parts which just didnt make any sense.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship