Thread: Stellarmaze INFJ/INFp articles (MBTI)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stellarmaze INFJ/INFp articles (MBTI)

I was googling trying to find unflattering descriptions of types and came across an interesting site about INFJs. I guess this should technically be for the INFps among us since the site I link to is talking about MBTI INFJs most of the time, but he writes a lot more about Fi in INFJ more than he does the Fe. I'm just wondering what the introverted NFs here think about these, if they can relate to them or not.

http://www.stellarmaze.com/

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I could relate to this one somewhat. :/ I like the site.

When I read MBTI descriptions I can relate to both INFJ and INFP. I usually test INFJ but very close on j/p and t/f most of the time. I have tested INTJ when it comes to career related tests because I act differently in a professional environment. I think socionics IEI is a blend of the INFJ and the INFP MBTI descriptions. Fi is IEI demonstrative function and is supposedly used more in private.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    I was googling trying to find unflattering descriptions of types
    There are only few Socionics descriptions in English, while MBT's descriptions for introverts is a funny mess of correct preferences and wrong functions' model. MBT is a bad source for introverted types descriptions.

and came across an interesting site about INFJs
    According to that article with rather rude Fe-style language and betish s&m fixes, I'd say the author may to be ENFJ, INFP, but doubtfully to be delta-F. The author writes about himself, not about INFJ, plus astrology and MBT specific shit, many speculations doubtfully to relate to types .

I guess this should technically be for the INFps among us since the site I link to is talking about MBTI INFJs most of the time
    Technically MBT INFJ is EII/INFJ in Socionics. And technically the author may to be mistyped. At least the author is not INFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyan View Post
    I think socionics IEI is a blend of the INFJ and the INFP MBTI descriptions
    INFJ and INFP MBTI descriptions are blend of EII and IEI in Socionics

i feel this describes perfectly a neurosis of mine http://www.stellarmaze.com/infj-curb...ion-addiction/

especially this part (it really describes why i am stuck with completing my thesis outline )

''They think if I just get this one bit right, then it will solve the whole problem. But, that is exactly the wrong order of thinking for an INFJ. They need to get the whole right before they can even see what the bits are. The INFJ needs to get the main gist of what they are driving at right before they go about picking at it....And when they get stuck on one of the parts of the whole in trying to find the most perfect expression at that level, they lose the expression of the whole.....Fe does not need more information, more input. It needs to get rid of the input that it already has. But, INFJs will get stuck because they don’t want to output unless that output seems clothed in some kind of formal (informed) sheath.''

butbutbut looks like a homie got a solution:

''The ironic thing is that if INFJs would just lead with the Fe auxiliary expression, they would get the Ti perfect parts as a natural reaction or byproduct. They will just fall into place elegantly of their own accord. By not focusing on them. The cart will follow the horse. You’ll get your dessert when you finish your meal''

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalinoche View Post
    i feel this describes perfectly a neurosis of mine http://www.stellarmaze.com/infj-curb...ion-addiction/

especially this part (it really describes why i am stuck with completing my thesis outline )

''They think if I just get this one bit right, then it will solve the whole problem. But, that is exactly the wrong order of thinking for an INFJ. They need to get the whole right before they can even see what the bits are. The INFJ needs to get the main gist of what they are driving at right before they go about picking at it....And when they get stuck on one of the parts of the whole in trying to find the most perfect expression at that level, they lose the expression of the whole.....Fe does not need more information, more input. It needs to get rid of the input that it already has. But, INFJs will get stuck because they don’t want to output unless that output seems clothed in some kind of formal (informed) sheath.''

butbutbut looks like a homie got a solution:

''The ironic thing is that if INFJs would just lead with the Fe auxiliary expression, they would get the Ti perfect parts as a natural reaction or byproduct. They will just fall into place elegantly of their own accord. By not focusing on them. The cart will follow the horse. You’ll get your dessert when you finish your meal''
    I think socionics would deal with this differently and it would be different between ISFp vs INFp.

The Ti structure would have to be external to them or something they've subconsciously realized. The mobilizing function can be activated by their dual/activity/any relation that provides this information.

From their Model A TIM, ISFp and INFp differ in some ways.

ISFp are strategic types who don't compromise their goals and need to see them but don't have fixed methods, and INFp are tactical types who starts with methods and not goals and want to keep things flowing.

However, ISFp are process types, so they are immersed in the activity while INFp are result types immersed in the goal. In a sense these strategic + process and tactical + result create a contradictory tension within these two sociotypes that manifest as a sort of indecisiveness.

Consequently both types seek the structure and understanding Ti provides to resolve this indecisiveness, this can come from subconscious(drugs, psychedelics, etc) or from external sources.

The ISFp dual is ILE who provides a holistic sort of understanding which inspires and helps get things going, during the process can help resolve methodological problems and pinpoint decision areas. Kind of a process of dialectical synthesis.

The INFp dual is SLE who provides concrete actualizable end points for the INFp while leaving the implementation to the INFp, offers criticism during the process for drafts while the INFp trial and error towards the final result. Kind of a push-pull, trial and error process.

Just thought experiments, could require some additional thinking. Commentary welcomed.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't relate to it
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Technically MBT INFJ is EII/INFJ in Socionics. And technically the author may to be mistyped. At least the author is not INFJ.

INFJ and INFP MBTI descriptions are blend of EII and IEI in Socionics
    I am going to regret this... ok tell me how MBTI is "technically" INFj/EII if the base function for EII is Fi and it is Ni for IEI? Not talking about this link. I am pretty sure everything I have read in MBTI points to INFJ being Ni base.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vzrkrl View Post
    You have this issue with testing EII and INFJ so much, you may as well be honest and say that you turn to advice from the person you troll so much. Why the shame.
    I never said I tested EII. I have tested ILI if that helps you. I said I usually test INFJ in MBTI.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just get the whole or the heart and the meaning like a concrete picture. I feel like people who need details to construct are Se types because they need data and don't pick up on the picture instantaneously
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html