Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For The Last Time (I promise), What's My Type?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEI is most likely. Ni/Ne valuing isn't too clear but you do seem Se valuing and the descriptions of characteristics you like in others matches up with SLE. Delta NF doesn't seem likely.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone who participated in this thread. To be honest I only feel more doubtful than before so I guess I just overanalyze stuff that is not worth it all that much. I should probably take a break from socionics for a while.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    @Chae just out of curiosity, how are you with getting or not getting into a state of full relaxation that Fay talked about earlier?
    What's relaxation? Never heard of that word! Sounds like a very obscure type of concept.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Thanks everyone who participated in this thread. To be honest I only feel more doubtful than before so I guess I just overanalyze stuff that is not worth it all that much. I should probably take a break from socionics for a while.
    Lol I just saw your profile. NiNe is a good type for you

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Owl I wanted to add why I said Ne/Fi in ego for your 80q here. Disclaimer: since your earlier post about you getting confused etc was not very clear on whether you have a problem with the topic of typing, let me know if you absolutely don't want that.

So:

Q: "Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?"
    You said: "I do agree, as I said before, it's important to follow you own self, however violating anyone else's freedom of that choice is an abuse."

Fi answer to a question in the Ti block. It's Fi because you don't define explicitly what this freedom in terms of your own self means. It's a more feelings based concept that can't be defined by Ti. Fe is also not Ti but Ti can still arrange Fe emotional states for actions, while it can't organize Fi concepts. Make sense?

Q: "What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child?"
    You said: "Boorishness is an insensitive interaction with other people, or insensitive action that might have a negative effect. I do value polite and sensitive approach to others. I do try to be nice and respectful of others."

Textbook Delta Fi approach, assuming this is natural to you.

Q: "How would you improve the moral of the society?"
    You said: "I think we live in a society that is too elitary and create unnecessary differences between people. I think we should be more open and tolerant as well as we should value equality and respect far more."

Very Delta Ne-Fi view. Literally matches definitions on what Delta Ne-Fi is like. Again textbook.

Q: "Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?"
    You said: "Love is a feeling of mutal understanding and attraction. It's about sharing your self with someone else and feeling it's right for both of you. I can love and punsh at the same time, I do not see love in black and white terms."

Bolded is Fi. Textbook blah blah (for the rest of the quotes too).

Q: "Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?"
    You said: "Of course there are norms in society. I do follow them in order to make sure I do not insult other people, but I also try to adapt to what people need on the individual level, because everyone sees those things a bit differently. It's important to follow them, to be able to remain in positive relationships."

Fi view.

Q: "Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?"
    "You said: I like to play with my own emotions, but I respect the emotional privacy and integrity of others. I usually use music, movies, art or books to change my own emotional states."

The bolded is devalued Fe in favour of a strong Fi view.

Along with stuff you posted in that 80q thread, like
    "EIIs usually have rigid and strong morals and are very ethical. Even though I do see myself as an emotional person, I would not say I am an ethical person. Not in the sense of the traditional understanding of ethics... I have my own set of values and ideals that I follow, and those are way more important for me than the external moral system. I more or less ignore that one... But that also makes me seem a bit immoral at the times.

My moral system is also not that rigid... I am a scattered person, it's easy to get me distracted even from my values. I tend to be all over the place type of a person, a bit unstable, not really firm and I am very very very far from being strict with myself or with others."

With the nonjudgmental approach earlier where you said it's the other person's thing if they had sex with 3 people, I don't know how IEE would do that approach or for what reason. I'd see @Chae as more judgmental on it but maybe this is also individual... Delta Fi can be nonjudgmental actually on some things.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ne types are extroverts by nature. There is no mistaking them for introverts. They talk constantly and are very actively engaged in the world around them. For an introvert, they can be very tiring to be around for a long period of time. I think people loose sight of the larger picture, of what Ne is trying to describe: A person who bounces from topic to topic for a prolonged period of time.

Ni is more focused by nature and there is no mistaking them for extroverts. They are content with prolonged periods of time in silence reflecting and thinking. They don't need to be stimulated constantly like the Ne type. Where Ne gets bored easily, Ni doesn't think like that, there are just periods of physical activity and periods of mental activity that maybe gets processed as far as "I really need to do something, I've been sitting around all day" or "I've been really active, I need unwind for a while."

I wouldn't focus on quadras while discovering the self, since the quadras are a theory based on a theory based on a theory. It gets more inaccurate as you go up. They are predictions of what types should fall into. Some fall easily into the quadras, others don't. Don't be discouraged by this. I would go by which function you resonate with, what describes your overall conscious experience. If it is Ni, then it is Ni, types and quadras be damned. There isn't any law of nature that states Ni must follow either the Te or Fe path, and hence ILI or IEI. Same with any other function you resonate with.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptitron View Post
    Ne types are extroverts by nature. There is no mistaking them for introverts. They talk constantly and are very actively engaged in the world around them. For an introvert, they can be very tiring to be around for a long period of time. I think people loose sight of the larger picture, of what Ne is trying to describe: A person who bounces from topic to topic for a prolonged period of time.

Ni is more focused by nature and there is no mistaking them for extroverts. They are content with prolonged periods of time in silence reflecting and thinking. They don't need to be stimulated constantly like the Ne type. Where Ne gets bored easily, Ni doesn't think like that, there are just periods of physical activity and periods of mental activity that maybe gets processed as far as "I really need to do something, I've been sitting around all day" or "I've been really active, I need unwind for a while."

I wouldn't focus on quadras while discovering the self, since the quadras are a theory based on a theory based on a theory. It gets more inaccurate as you go up. They are predictions of what types should fall into. Some fall easily into the quadras, others don't. Don't be discouraged by this. I would go by which function you resonate with, what describes your overall conscious experience. If it is Ni, then it is Ni, types and quadras be damned. There isn't any law of nature that states Ni must follow either the Te or Fe path, and hence ILI or IEI. Same with any other function you resonate with.
    Ne isn't that simple. ILE-Ne friend has been mistaken for an introvert when he'd get into certain interests of his, reading up on all sorts of Ne stuff instead of socializing. And, Ne leads I know look very spaced-out, very in the head, not present. Though the ILEs I know, including this ILE-Ne too, do readily engage in socializing in Alpha Fe environments, no question about that. (I know IEEs less closely but sure they do too when they feel like it, I guess.) But as @Chae said, that Dreamer label for Ne makes a lot of sense.

Ne does need to be stimulated with ideas a lot, and get bored and whatnot, and OP did describe things like that: "There's also a part of me that believes that a person should be able to experience everything once. I hate to feel like I'm running out of time to experience life to the fullest and waste time with activities that are not exciting and stimulating enough. I don't know...there's a part of me that likes it when things get wild and intense and I hate to feel like I miss on opportunities to experience adventures. But I also feel like there's never enough excitement in real life so I create fake stories full of intensity to fulfill my need to experience them in real life. I get bored so easily when things get stable, harmonious and stereotypical. Even when everything is really fine I just need to feel like I do something out of lines, something that should not be done, or something that is at least a little dangerous. But creating such situations with real spark is so difficult, my imagination is just better at it than the real world."

And what described her overall conscious experience: "What you wrote about you sister's Si is about the right opposite of me. I have one thing that really complicated a lot of stuff for me and that is... a never ending nervous energy. Even when I'm physically inactive I still feel like there is something that I should do, there's something that's going to happen or something that I should make happen and I can never really get into a state of full relaxation. This inner nervous feeling also makes me scattered and seemigly spaced out. I'm very impatient and I don't really have the nerve for taking long bubble baths or smoking weed. Like I said, I'm lazy and often inactive, but on the inside I always feel like I'm on the go or like I should be on the go. Slow things that require a lot of my attention and patience literally anger me. Same thing about music, art, movies etc... I want things to happen, I want them to happen fast and I hate to wait.
    When people tell me they like to take bubble baths, I usually feel like it's very nice that they do it and I probably should do it too. I envy people who can relax like that"

Fits your concept of Ne well, actually.

@Chae also dreams in her head a lot, maybe she can explain all this better than I did, from an actual Ne lead pov.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ne isn't that simple. ILE-Ne friend has been mistaken for an introvert when he'd get into certain interests of his, reading up on all sorts of Ne stuff instead of socializing. And, Ne leads I know look very spaced-out, very in the head, not present. Though the ILEs I know, including this ILE-Ne too, do readily engage in socializing in Alpha Fe environments, no question about that. (I know IEEs less closely but sure they do too when they feel like it, I guess.) But as @Chae said, that Dreamer label for Ne makes a lot of sense.

Ne does need to be stimulated with ideas a lot, and get bored and whatnot, and OP did describe things like that: "There's also a part of me that believes that a person should be able to experience everything once. I hate to feel like I'm running out of time to experience life to the fullest and waste time with activities that are not exciting and stimulating enough. I don't know...there's a part of me that likes it when things get wild and intense and I hate to feel like I miss on opportunities to experience adventures. But I also feel like there's never enough excitement in real life so I create fake stories full of intensity to fulfill my need to experience them in real life. I get bored so easily when things get stable, harmonious and stereotypical. Even when everything is really fine I just need to feel like I do something out of lines, something that should not be done, or something that is at least a little dangerous. But creating such situations with real spark is so difficult, my imagination is just better at it than the real world."

And what described her overall conscious experience: "What you wrote about you sister's Si is about the right opposite of me. I have one thing that really complicated a lot of stuff for me and that is... a never ending nervous energy. Even when I'm physically inactive I still feel like there is something that I should do, there's something that's going to happen or something that I should make happen and I can never really get into a state of full relaxation. This inner nervous feeling also makes me scattered and seemigly spaced out. I'm very impatient and I don't really have the nerve for taking long bubble baths or smoking weed. Like I said, I'm lazy and often inactive, but on the inside I always feel like I'm on the go or like I should be on the go. Slow things that require a lot of my attention and patience literally anger me. Same thing about music, art, movies etc... I want things to happen, I want them to happen fast and I hate to wait.
    When people tell me they like to take bubble baths, I usually feel like it's very nice that they do it and I probably should do it too. I envy people who can relax like that"

Fits your concept of Ne well, actually.

@Chae also dreams in her head a lot, maybe she can explain all this better than I did, from an actual Ne lead pov.
    I do not disagree.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Owl

You seem Ip in temperament. Do you identify with Ep temperament at all?
    Ip
    IP temperament

The IP temperament, or receptive-adaptive temperament, was identified by Viktor Gulenko and includes the four irrational introverts (one in each quadra): IEI, SEI, ILI, and SLI. Each of these types is also dynamic.
    Typical characteristics

• relaxed
    • go-with-the-flow
    • finds it easy to spend long periods of time in no activity, or at very low levels of energy
    • movements are flexible, unhurried
    • little inclination towards fidgetiness when having to remain inactive for longer periods

IPs are both dynamic and irrational, so they see reality as in continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. An IP is soothed by this, seeing reality through his leading function. This leads to a relaxed inclination to take things as they come and adapt to them.
    As introverts, IPs tend to be relaxed and somewhat passive about initiating relationships with other people, mostly assuming that others will take the initiative.
    Perception of other temperaments

EP: IPs see EPs as pleasantly energetic in an unpredictable and therefore not boring way, also able to take for granted variations in levels of energy in others.
    EJ: IPs see EJs as annoyingly pushy and insistent in their initiatives; they may respect their energy levels but also wonder if they don't see that a lot of that energy is spent wastefully to no good purpose.
    IJ: IPs see IJs as boring and too concerned with stability.

Ep

EP temperament

The EP temperament, or flexible-maneuvering temperament, was identified by Viktor Gulenko and includes the four irrational extroverts (one in each quadra): ILE, SLE, SEE, and IEE. Each of these types is also static.
    Typical characteristics

• flexible
    • mobile
    • impulsive, shifting from apparent inactivity to bursts of energy, often several times a day, showing impatience during them
    • walk is energetic but "cat-like"
    • often seems optimistic and open-minded
    • entertains people easily and naturally
    • inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods

EPs are both static and irrational, so they perceive reality as mostly not changing, and when it does, it's in abrupt "leaps" from one state to another. An EP is bothered by the lack of change, especially as seen through his leading function, since his personal preference is for change. That makes him impulsive, with sudden bursts of action, energy, or even just thought, as he tries to get his perceptions "moving".
    As extroverts, EPs tend to be feel that it is up to them to initiate contacts with other people, and EPs in particular tend to feel quite natural in that role.

EJ: EPs perceive EJs as active but too restless and nervous, slightly annoying due to a lack of sense of spontaneity.
    IP: EPs perceive IPs as pleasantly flexible and responsive to their initiatives, sometimes too unpredictable but for that very reason never boring.
    IJ: EPs perceive IJs as too predictable and boring, too unwilling to do things on the spur of the moment.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptitron View Post
    @Owl

You seem Ip in temperament. Do you identify with Ep temperament at all?
    Ip
    IP temperament

The IP temperament, or receptive-adaptive temperament, was identified by Viktor Gulenko and includes the four irrational introverts (one in each quadra): IEI, SEI, ILI, and SLI. Each of these types is also dynamic.
    Typical characteristics

• relaxed
    • go-with-the-flow
    • finds it easy to spend long periods of time in no activity, or at very low levels of energy
    • movements are flexible, unhurried
    • little inclination towards fidgetiness when having to remain inactive for longer periods

IPs are both dynamic and irrational, so they see reality as in continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. An IP is soothed by this, seeing reality through his leading function. This leads to a relaxed inclination to take things as they come and adapt to them.
    As introverts, IPs tend to be relaxed and somewhat passive about initiating relationships with other people, mostly assuming that others will take the initiative.

EP: IPs see EPs as pleasantly energetic in an unpredictable and therefore not boring way, also able to take for granted variations in levels of energy in others.
    EJ: IPs see EJs as annoyingly pushy and insistent in their initiatives; they may respect their energy levels but also wonder if they don't see that a lot of that energy is spent wastefully to no good purpose.
    IJ: IPs see IJs as boring and too concerned with stability.

Ep

EP temperament

The EP temperament, or flexible-maneuvering temperament, was identified by Viktor Gulenko and includes the four irrational extroverts (one in each quadra): ILE, SLE, SEE, and IEE. Each of these types is also static.
    Typical characteristics

• flexible
    • mobile
    • impulsive, shifting from apparent inactivity to bursts of energy, often several times a day, showing impatience during them
    • walk is energetic but "cat-like"
    • often seems optimistic and open-minded
    • entertains people easily and naturally
    • inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods

EPs are both static and irrational, so they perceive reality as mostly not changing, and when it does, it's in abrupt "leaps" from one state to another. An EP is bothered by the lack of change, especially as seen through his leading function, since his personal preference is for change. That makes him impulsive, with sudden bursts of action, energy, or even just thought, as he tries to get his perceptions "moving".
    As extroverts, EPs tend to be feel that it is up to them to initiate contacts with other people, and EPs in particular tend to feel quite natural in that role.

EJ: EPs perceive EJs as active but too restless and nervous, slightly annoying due to a lack of sense of spontaneity.
    IP: EPs perceive IPs as pleasantly flexible and responsive to their initiatives, sometimes too unpredictable but for that very reason never boring.
    IJ: EPs perceive IJs as too predictable and boring, too unwilling to do things on the spur of the moment.

Based on this I do relate to Ip far more than Ep. I've said many times before that I'm mostly inactive, lazy and I lack motivation to start new projects but I do have short periods of activity that sometimes can even seem like an obsession about one thing. I usually spend my time in a dreamy state of mind not really interacting with the outside world. I'm not very temperamental or impulsive, because it's hard for me to be aware of the outside world.

Funny enough though, I do feel like the world can be boring and I seek change in what seems like a stereotype.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also realize that this is a shitty argument, but most of the people and ficitional characters I relate to type as IEI. Most of the music I listen to and feel emotionally connected to is from IEIs, same about books and basically any sort of art. Ne+Si often seems too goofy and light hearted for me. I enjoy the intensity, creepiness and a lot of dark twists that one can find in Ni+Se art. I generally enjoy things that are sort of dark and disturbing because I enjoy the emotional effect they have on other peoole and this seems to be more of a Ni+Se thing too.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

EDIT: I see she replied

I'll leave the bits here that I saw as Ep though, based on the quoted descriptions as above:

"inclined to fidget" instead of relaxed Ip

"An EP is bothered by the lack of change, especially as seen through his leading function, since his personal preference is for change."

"That makes him impulsive, with sudden bursts of action, energy, or even just thought, as he tries to get his perceptions "moving"."

@Owl I'm curious though, do you find the SLIs can help give you that spark for real (sensory?) experience? Or it's not like that with them? (You've mentioned you get along well with SLIs before because they don't force stuff on you or something like that - I'm referring to those SLIs.)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

As for the IEI bit: what I could relate to IEI is, I still see your photo (in your profile) as more IEI but idk for sure

Your 80q was really Fi though

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: I see she replied

I'll leave the bits here that I saw as Ep though, based on the quoted descriptions as above:

"inclined to fidget" instead of relaxed Ip

"An EP is bothered by the lack of change, especially as seen through his leading function, since his personal preference is for change."

"That makes him impulsive, with sudden bursts of action, energy, or even just thought, as he tries to get his perceptions "moving"."

@Owl I'm curious though, do you find the SLIs can help give you that spark for real (sensory?) experience? Or it's not like that with them? (You've mentioned you get along well with SLIs before because they don't force stuff on you or something like that)
    I can't tell... I don't know many SLIs if at all. I've dated SLE,SEI, LII and EIE and the EIE seems to be the best fit so far, SEI the worst. That's all I can say. My relationship with the SLE was extremelly unhealthy and bad for both of us. I usually feel attratced to ILEs, SLEs, IEEs and EIEs.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I can't tell... I don't know many SLIs if at all. I've dated SLE,SEI, LII and EIE and the EIE seems to be the best fit so far, SEI the worst. That's all I can say. My relationship with the SLE was extremelly unhealthy and bad for both of us. I usually feel attratced to ILEs, SLEs, IEEs and EIEs.
    I was referring to this post.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Based on this I do relate to Ip far more than Ep. I've said many times before that I'm mostly inactive, lazy and I lack motivation to start new projects but I do have short periods of activity that sometimes can even seem like an obsession about one thing. I usually spend my time in a dreamy state of mind not really interacting with the outside world. I'm not very temperamental or impulsive, because it's hard for me to be aware of the outside world.

Funny enough though, I do feel like the world can be boring and I seek change in what seems like a stereotype.
    I can see ni/se valuing over Ne/Si. Ip>Ep, victim>infant....I think that leaves you only 2 choices.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I guess the good news for Fay is that basically only two types (IEI by a few people and IEE by a few other people) are being suggested instead of four or more.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I am still suggesting Fi lead.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I guess the good news for Fay is that basically only two types (IEI by a few people and IEE by a few other people) are being suggested instead of four or more.
    Those types were the only ones I have been considering as well. IEI makes more sense overal imo. She's not a clearcut case though and there is a lot of Fi present, I agree.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you are evident IEI

you can't be EIE as you've placed LSI to the lowest,
    can't be EII as SLE you prefer much more than LSE (while SLE in your top quater),
    can't be IEE if you think yourself as shy (almost only introverts perceive themselves such)
    being clear F type, you prefer among T - P types, what points to F-P as your type

while T or S are a joke for you

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Hm going by the post above mine (and some earlier posts), it's like Fay fits IEE minus the socializing extrovert stereotype.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's like Fay fits IEE minus the socializing extrovert stereotype.
    "I'm shy and often behave in a socially awkward way."

She may to have reduced socializing while being extravert, but it's almost impossible for extravert to think herself as shy. It would be like to perceive herself as disorganised for J types.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a special snowflake.

And I'm more than comfortable with my NiNe typing! It sounds fun, like 9 but NiNe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It sounds fun
    women...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I'm more than comfortable with my NiNe typing! It sounds fun, like 9 but NiNe.
    why not call it the ultimate intuitive (Nu) type?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    women...
    misogynist...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

misogynist...
    no. I find women funny.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

women...
    well the founder of socionics "Aushra" is a woman as far as I know, so it is not men's place to question how a woman applies another woman theory

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging a person based on gender stereotypes is an ignorant bullshit. Besides that @Sol you clearly type people only based on VI and your own intuition. Although VI can be a useful tool to get a full and clear understanding of one's type it only works with other elements such as Model A. You can't type someone ignoring their character, behavior and preferences and stubbornly rely on looks only. That's nonsense not socionics.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Judging a person based on gender stereotypes is an ignorant bullshit.
    Ignorant bullshit is to ignore the difference between sexes.
    According to tests statistics there are more F types among women, and hence women in average have more inferior thinking, like in your INFP case, where you prefer to write bs instead your type in the profile. Meanwhile you had everything to understand own type correctly long ago and now even IR have shown same, the women with "equal" mental abbilities.
    Feel free to study the subject befor to argue with me, girl.

As for "misogynist", - have a deal with own projections, the woman which finds 90% of men as ugly.
    I don't hate women or F types because of their worse thinking, - you mostly remind me kids, cute emotional kids inspiring protective wishes in me and some humor.

Also I find INFP as rather feminin type, and that's the other reason I've noticed women as general there. While your behavior have shown in increased degree what I find as feminin trait - the inferior thinking.

Change your bs stereotypes about stereotypes. Most stereotypes, being opinion of many people, are based on experience of the reality. And to think "stereotype" as something bad is madness.

You are stereotypical INFP. Live with it.
    Last edited by Sol; 09-12-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignorant bullshit is to ignore the difference between sexes.
    According to tests statistics there are more F types among women, and hence women in average have more inferior thinking, like in your INFP case, where you prefer to write bs instead your type in the profile. Meanwhile you had everything to understand own type correctly long ago and now even IR have shown same, the women with "equal" mental abbilities.
    Feel free to study the subject befor to argue with me, girl.

As for "misogynist", - have a deal with own projections, the woman which finds 90% of men as ugly.
    I don't hate women or F types because of their worse thinking, - you mostly remind me kids, cute emotional kids inspiring protective wishes in me and some humor.

Also I find INFP as rather feminin type, and that's the other reason I've noticed women as general there. While your behavior have shown in increased degree what I find as feminin trait - the inferior thinking.

Change your bs stereotypes about stereotypes. Most stereotypes, being opinion of many people, are based on experience of the reality. And to think "stereotype" as something bad is madness.

You are stereotypical INFP. Live with it.
    Are you basically saying that women are not as smart as men because some "expert" in Russia who probably spends most of his time jerking off on a fetish porn, because no woman wants him said that "most women have inferior thinking".
    Female stereoytpe appears to be the caring, loving, submissive character. If you really think that me or most of the women are really like this you live in the 19th century. I've never felt threatend by other's intellectual abilities, quite the opposite. If there's something I'm proud of when it comes to myself, it's my intellect. I am far from you idea of a naive kid vomiting rainbows.
    My NiNe typing is a joke, it's not a sign of inferior thinking, but you have to have a certain level of IQ to be able to understand a joke.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You seem very similar to someone like Kurt Cobain, who is consistently typed as IEI in socionics despite the high presence of "Fi". He is a stereotypical Fi dominant in MBTI. Go with your intuition.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    Hi, Owl. I don't generally like typing people, but I think IEI might be right for you. I notice you have a lot of interests in beta like things. You seem Ni/Se valuing over Ne/Si. However, I can relate to a lot of things you say. I often find this the case with the IEI's on here, though. I could also relate a lot to Kurt Cobain, too, especially in my younger days. I used to listen to the Nevermind album over and over again. But I also think he was an IEI.
    I used to relate to Kurt when I was 16 or so, now I relate to him a little less, but still well... a lot. But he's that kind of a character to whom a lot of sensitive kids will always relate. I'm not sure if it's necessary type related, or if it'necessary says that I'm an IEI. There's probably not a type that would fit 100%, because everyone is uniq and different. Idk, I guess it's more important for me to be true to myself in my typing than it might be for others. I just want to make sure that I don't lie about who I'm and IEI is a heavily idealized type. I want to make sure that I don't type as an IEI for the ideal of it, but because it's really "me".

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The very core of EII doesn't feel right. I don't make judgements about what is good or evil, what is moral and what is not. I don't judge people based on their morality, there are things far more imrpotant to me like how capeable, usefull, sucesfull, intelligent, smart etc... the person is than how good or bad they are. The whole concept of good and evil is so vague I don't think it really exists. I don't judge people for their actions, because I feel like they should do whatever they want as long they are happy and are not hurting anyone. People have told me many times before that they feel like they can tell me anything and I stay always open and nonjudgmental to them.
    I can be very critical when people fail to meet my intellectual standards, when they prove themselves to be close-minded, shallow etc... But as a friend you come to me and tell that you've just cheated on your girlfriend with three different women at once and I won't judge you. I mean...it's your thing not mine. If you want emotional support I'll be there.

I also don't feel the need to take care of other people. I value friendship and good relationships with others, but I'm that friend you call to a house party to get drunk with and to sing songs in front of a fire place rather than a friend you call out to ask for an advice.
    Thanks Myst. My issue with IEI is that I'm not very Fe, not Fe at all. I don't like to influence other's mood, I don't really care about others moods at all unless they are close to me and even then I feel like I have little power over their emotion. I also hate group activities, where everyone is involved. I like to do my onw thing, usin my own way. I hate to feel like I'm pushed around to do something that others enjoy and I don't. I often can't adapt my emotion to emotion of others, I'm aware of how I feel about certain things and that is difficult to change. I often get stuck in my own emotion and can't get out of it for a long time. I like to create certain atmosphere, but that has to be in tune with how I feel at the moment, not how others feel. I'm empathetic, it's just I can't really get over my own sentiments. When there's something that doesn't feel right I go against everyone and stand behind my opinion even if nobody else agrees. I also have troubles with showing my emotion and I don't like people who are emotionally overly expressive. I like to keep it cool and smooth for everyone. Emotions actually make me feel socially awkward when they are too much. Sometimes I can't really decide which emotions are too much to desply and which aren't and I make a fool of myself so rather I just keep everything inside so nobody would think I 'm crazy.
    same here tbh

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I can definitely relate. Makes me feel like a fraud when someone says I'm a different type. Someone will always disagree, though. Unless you're Elvis Presley. I think it's best to keep an open mind when typing instead of saying someone is clearly this or clearly that, because like you said, everyone is unique or different and people do and say things for different reasons. And people tend to see what they are looking for, anyway. I don't know if you'd be interested, but did you ever try Cognitive Types opinion? I find their approach interesting.
    OMG they still exist? I posted a video there about 3 years ago . They typed me Se+Fi

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, they are still around!
    Thanks for sharing! I'm digging in it and it's sooo advanced, wow!

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

"I'm shy and often behave in a socially awkward way."

She may to have reduced socializing while being extravert, but it's almost impossible for extravert to think herself as shy. It would be like to perceive herself as disorganised for J types.
    It's happened before that an extravert saw themselves as shy, avoidant... It also happened that J type saw themselves as disorganized, e.g. when depressed.

I used to relate to Kurt when I was 16 or so, now I relate to him a little less, but still well... a lot. But he's that kind of a character to whom a lot of sensitive kids will always relate. I'm not sure if it's necessary type related, or if it'necessary says that I'm an IEI. There's probably not a type that would fit 100%, because everyone is uniq and different. Idk, I guess it's more important for me to be true to myself in my typing than it might be for others. I just want to make sure that I don't lie about who I'm and IEI is a heavily idealized type. I want to make sure that I don't type as an IEI for the ideal of it, but because it's really "me".
    Why would you make the assumption that it's "more important" for you to be true to yourself in your typing than for other people? That was a bit weird.

Slightly cynical-almost-sarcastic here: the fact that someone picks a type and doesn't change their decision afterwards doesn't mean that it wasn't important for them to be accurate in picking their type.

FWIW I don't see IEI more idealized than IEE...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's happened before that an extravert saw themselves as shy, avoidant...
    To be avoidant due to anxiety discomfort and to think yourself shy - is very different. It's very not common for extraverts to perceive and describe themselves as shy. Extravert stays open to the world by his mind even when don't like it. If someone says it's typical for him to be "shy" - 99% it's introvert.

> It also happened that J type saw themselves as disorganized, e.g. when depressed.

We talked about state which a human thinks as typical for him, not in temporal disorder.
    Also even with chronic hard depression J type will not perceive himself as disorganized in the sense what may be applied to P types. He will not become impulsive, he'll just see harder to do something by own plans - he'll make them anyway and will try to follow.

Part of behavior may change for long, but not how people of types think, perceive themselves and the world in what is essence of their types. And it's better to exclude rare hard psychiatric cases as we talk about common.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

To be avoidant due to anxiety discomfort and to think yourself shy - is very different. It's very not common for extraverts to perceive and describe themselves as shy. Extravert stays open to the world by his mind even when don't like it. If someone says it's typical for him to be "shy" - 99% it's introvert.
    You assume too much about people using words "correctly".

> It also happened that J type saw themselves as disorganized, e.g. when depressed.

We talked about state which a human thinks as typical for him, not in temporal disorder.
    Also even with chronic hard depression J type will not perceive himself as disorganized in the sense what may be applied to P types. He will not become impulsive, he'll just see harder to do something by own plans - he'll make them anyway and will try to follow.

Part of behavior may change for long, but not how people of types think, perceive themselves and the world in what is essence of their types. And it's better to exclude rare hard psychiatric cases as we talk about common.
    Again you assume too much about how well many people perceive themselves about trends throughout life If people all did that so easily, no one would have issues with typing themselves quickly.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Owl

Could you please elaborate on your views on these statements of yours:

"It's important to follow you own self, however violating anyone else's freedom of that choice is an abuse."

"Love is (...) about sharing your self with someone else and feeling it's right for both of you."

"I like to play with my own emotions, but I respect the emotional privacy and integrity of others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast