Thread: Alpha and Delta Quadra Relationships

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alpha and Delta Quadra Relationships

For whatever reason, I find that I get along exceptionally well with Deltas, despite the fact that I am Alpha to the bone. Mostly I admire their ability to be productive and enjoy it, it seems like a wonderful balance to my excessively erratic productivity. Additionally, I find their apparent calm very soothing after all my excessive craziness. It's as though, after years of insanity, it's nice to settle down every once and a while to something so unwaveringly stable as a Delta. I know that too much of that Delta calm without enough of my Alpha crazy would make me either depressed or claustrophobic, but being around Deltas is always like a big breath of fresh air for me.

Generally, what I wonder is if the quadras outside our own to which we relate the best can be used to help pinpoint where we fit in our own quadras. This sort of occurred to me while chatting with munenori and udp over the past several days. I find that I get along well with munenori via a mutual Ne perspective on things, which often translates to our sense of humour (or at least this is how it appears from my perspective). Meanwhile udp and I generally get along well, and his caregiver temperament as well as the way he uses Si when we chat makes me comfortable so long as it doesn't infringe on my ability to channel my own functions (Ne and Ti). If you consider these attitudes and the fact that I generally tend to enjoy more Delta's then I do Betas, it seems fairly evident that I value Ne or Si over Ti or Fe. From there you can see how I react to ST's and NF's and perhaps get a better sense of what my base and what I merely value.

This strategy would only really work if you were confident about your own quadra and you had a reasonable understanding of yourself, but I thought it was sort of interesting. Actually, this thread was never supposed to be about using relations between quadras to type, it was just something that occurred to me while I was writing about how I like Deltas and how I kind of want to indulge in some Delta calm right now.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love and admire Deltas too. Especially ENFps. <3
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    For whatever reason, I find that I get along exceptionally well with Deltas, despite the fact that I am Alpha to the bone. Mostly I admire their ability to be productive and enjoy it, it seems like a wonderful balance to my excessively erratic productivity. Additionally, I find their apparent calm very soothing after all my excessive craziness. It's as though, after years of insanity, it's nice to settle down every once and a while to something so unwaveringly stable as a Delta. I know that too much of that Delta calm without enough of my Alpha crazy would make me either depressed or claustrophobic, but being around Deltas is always like a big breath of fresh air for me.

Generally, what I wonder is if the quadras outside our own to which we relate the best can be used to help pinpoint where we fit in our own quadras. This sort of occurred to me while chatting with munenori and udp over the past several days. I find that I get along well with munenori via a mutual Ne perspective on things, which often translates to our sense of humour (or at least this is how it appears from my perspective). Meanwhile udp and I generally get along well, and his caregiver temperament as well as the way he uses Si when we chat makes me comfortable so long as it doesn't infringe on my ability to channel my own functions (Ne and Ti). If you consider these attitudes and the fact that I generally tend to enjoy more Delta's then I do Betas, it seems fairly evident that I value Ne or Si over Ti or Fe. From there you can see how I react to ST's and NF's and perhaps get a better sense of what my base and what I merely value.

This strategy would only really work if you were confident about your own quadra and you had a reasonable understanding of yourself, but I thought it was sort of interesting. Actually, this thread was never supposed to be about using relations between quadras to type, it was just something that occurred to me while I was writing about how I like Deltas and how I kind of want to indulge in some Delta calm right now.
    I pretty much feel the same way about Alphas.
    Actually, while I love being with Deltas, I find they can get a little 'too' comfertable, a little too focused on their surrounding reality and I love the Alphian's ability to just fuck with my senses.

Hence, Alpha/Delta are made to rule the world.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I love and admire Deltas too. Especially ENFps. <3
    I love and admire Deltas too. Especially ISTps. <2
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love and admire all deltas! Except ISTp. I don't really get the point of being ISTp, lol. But they can hang around with me, I guess, lol.

Alpha/Delta love 4ever. ♥
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love and admire all deltas! Except ISTp. I don't really get the point of being ISTp, lol. But they can hang around with me, I guess, lol.
    Awww, but the ISTps are integral to the atmosphere of 'Delta calm' you were raving about.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Delta as long as they don't get too controlling. I like sharing experiences with them and I can tell we get a lot of similar things out of experiences.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but their delta calm doesn't make as much sense to me. I don't think I know any SLIs to be honest. But in general I feel a little closer to NF's because they have the same static outlook and we can bond over Ego Ne. STs are more like Alpha caregiver substitutes, minus the excitement of Fe.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I like Delta as long as they don't get too controlling. I like sharing experiences with them and I can tell we get a lot of similar things out of experiences.
    Exactly! That's my only aversion to Delta ST, I associate it with being controlling and pushy.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, especially the way LV put it regarding alphas from a delta perspective. Alpha atmospheres can just be so damn fun! Plus they can talk about fascinating topics and actually get somewhere, which always amazes me.

I know supervision is supposed to be a bad relation, but all the ILEs I've met so far have been pretty awesome people to hang around and talk to (while I bash them with my club).
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who says we want to?

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See! See what I mean?! He's being so damn contrary! Somebody pump some Fi in here and mediate. I WANT MY LAWYER! I'm going to charge you with harrassment.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't deal with you Ne fatheads!

- Voltaire

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I can't deal with you Ne fatheads!

ISTps are good for two things and two things only.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See! See what I mean?! He's being so damn contrary! Somebody pump some Fi in here and mediate. I WANT MY LAWYER! I'm going to charge you with harrassment.
    It would've been odd if he had reacted with enthusiasm to an invitation like "I don't love or respect you, but you can hang around me, I guess, lol".

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be gone you and your "I know how to interact with people properly" madness. GEEZ
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol You asked for it. :-P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post

ISTps are good for two things and two things only.
    I wonder what those two things are.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death and taxes? (I don't know )
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

harry and steve

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mn0, can you give an example of how UDP uses Si on you?

my best friend is an Ne INFj. My best coworker is ISTp. Some of my admired women are ESTj.

I do feel very comfortable around deltas and I think I have more delta than alpha friends. I know that I am alpha though. I do feel the tension with the Ti and Fe.. but my INFj friend seems more open to understanding me than judge me. However I can't bring myself to show my most soiled side to her. She's too pure in my eyes. That's for INFps.

With the Te ego types I do feel they are too pushy, and that's what makes male ESTjs so frustrating in my experience. I can't help but be physically attracted to them, but i hate how they will not allow me to Ti. To me, it seems stifling and controlling. the only thing to do is to mindlessly be attracted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally feel the same way, alphas are very easy to get along with, especially if I'm just hanging out. But sometimes when I really want to get something done, working with alphas can get difficult due to the Ti/Fe vs. Te/Fi disconnect.

If you consider these attitudes and the fact that I generally tend to enjoy more Delta's then I do Betas, it seems fairly evident that I value Ne or Si over Ti or Fe. From there you can see how I react to ST's and NF's and perhaps get a better sense of what my base and what I merely value.
    Just curious, what subtype system are you using when you type yourself as ILE-Ti? According to some other subtype systems (where an ILE-Ti would be more like an SLE-Ti and an ILE-Ne would be more like an IEE-Ne), you'd be the Ne subtype if you do indeed value Ne/Si more than Ti/Fe)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a thread on this not so long ago. I made a poll of Alpha's favourite quadras (I believe delta won). I made it because like you, I love Delta! I have little care for the rest of the quadras... it's all Alpha and Delta to me! xx
    ENTp... love it

3w2

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to get that a lot from other types, that I bring a calm and light heartedness to situations, and really I never saw myself that way. But it works! My best friend is an ENTp and I know how interesting it is to be around Alphas, things only go wrong with me really when Ti comes out of no where and in reaction I bring out Fi and that gets messy. And yeah, you guys are very distracting for working on projects with, I like the help in getting ideas but then when it comes to the actual work the Alphas I know do help ground me at all, and nothing ever gets done

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere
    Just curious, what subtype system are you using when you type yourself as ILE-Ti? According to some other subtype systems (where an ILE-Ti would be more like an SLE-Ti and an ILE-Ne would be more like an IEE-Ne), you'd be the Ne subtype if you do indeed value Ne/Si more than Ti/Fe)
    Ah, you bring up a great flaw in my argument! This is how I will explain it: Your base function is your primary mode of taking in the world, while your creative is how you will apply things. This is why introverts will have an introverted base and extroverts will have an extroverted base. Because I'm Ne-leading (regardless of sub-type) I'll have a certain inclination to tend towards Ne perceptions. As a Ti sub-type being surrounded by Ne/Si communicators means that I can direct my attention away from Ne while others provide me pieces of it and I can focus more on my Ti aspect, which makes me more relaxed and content with Ne/Si types. If, as a Ti-subtype, I spent all my time around other Ti/Fe valuing types outside of my quadra it would be like an overload. I would have TOO much Ti and the imbalance with my other valued functions would make it difficult for me to process anything. Call it "sensory" overload.

Now, the reason I consider myself a Ti-ILE is that I'm content with a balance of Ne and Si. In fact, I'm happiest when those two functions are in relative balance (although I'm generally disinclined to do much with Si unless someone else is doing it to). Instead I put a greater emphasis on my Ti, to the point where I'm sometimes oblivious to my surroundings (I nearly got hit by a car four times on Sunday because I was totally out to lunch) and also makes me less likely to be that inventor stereotype and more of a systematic philosopher, making sense of abstract quantities.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, you bring up a great flaw in my argument! This is how I will explain it: Your base function is your primary mode of taking in the world, while your creative is how you will apply things. This is why introverts will have an introverted base and extroverts will have an extroverted base. Because I'm Ne-leading (regardless of sub-type) I'll have a certain inclination to tend towards Ne perceptions. As a Ti sub-type being surrounded by Ne/Si communicators means that I can direct my attention away from Ne while others provide me pieces of it and I can focus more on my Ti aspect, which makes me more relaxed and content with Ne/Si types. If, as a Ti-subtype, I spent all my time around other Ti/Fe valuing types outside of my quadra it would be like an overload. I would have TOO much Ti and the imbalance with my other valued functions would make it difficult for me to process anything. Call it "sensory" overload.

Now, the reason I consider myself a Ti-ILE is that I'm content with a balance of Ne and Si. In fact, I'm happiest when those two functions are in relative balance (although I'm generally disinclined to do much with Si unless someone else is doing it to). Instead I put a greater emphasis on my Ti, to the point where I'm sometimes oblivious to my surroundings (I nearly got hit by a car four times on Sunday because I was totally out to lunch) and also makes me less likely to be that inventor stereotype and more of a systematic philosopher, making sense of abstract quantities.
    *attempts to follow logic*...
    *fails*

damn that Ti role!!!

haha nah, that makes sense, very interesting way to look at it...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly! That's my only aversion to Delta ST, I associate it with being controlling and pushy.
    Sorry but we are anything but those two things.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't stop me from making the association, lol.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Sorry but we are anything but those two things.

You must be joking. Surely you've seen an ESTj go into boss mode, or an ISTp go into the "what the fuck is disturbing my peace!' mode. Or either of the two types, when they go into protection mode, in general.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now now let's not start making GENERALIZATIONS shall we

- Voltaire

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    You must be joking. Surely you've seen an ESTj go into boss mode, or an ISTp go into the "what the fuck is disturbing my peace!' mode. Or either of the two types, when they go into protection mode, in general.
    LOL @ your avatar.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    LOL @ your avatar.
    You find it amusing?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    You find it amusing?
    I find pink socks amusing.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find pink socks amusing.
    ARGH
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I wear pink socks. <3

OBVIOUS

I knew it all along!!!

CHANGE UR SIG NAO
    Wrong kind of pink sock.

Also, I don't listen to demands. I do what I want!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh shit I'm retarded
    Yeah, I used to think fondly of pink socks. But LV destroyed my fragile little dreams with a dose of realitah.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LUIS: DESTROYER OF INNOCENCE??

No way.

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll show you pink sock *shakes fist menacingly*

Wow, how vastly inappropriate that is.

Mune, glad to see you're a member of the Alpha-Delta alliance. Only good things can come for you now.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ms K had a question for you, mn0

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    mn0, can you give an example of how UDP uses Si on you?

my best friend is an Ne INFj. My best coworker is ISTp. Some of my admired women are ESTj.

I do feel very comfortable around deltas and I think I have more delta than alpha friends. I know that I am alpha though. I do feel the tension with the Ti and Fe.. but my INFj friend seems more open to understanding me than judge me. However I can't bring myself to show my most soiled side to her. She's too pure in my eyes. That's for INFps.

With the Te ego types I do feel they are too pushy, and that's what makes male ESTjs so frustrating in my experience. I can't help but be physically attracted to them, but i hate how they will not allow me to Ti. To me, it seems stifling and controlling. the only thing to do is to mindlessly be attracted.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To sum up my feelings for Deltas:

-ESTjs - respect
    -INFjs - admiration
    -ENFps - affection
    -ISTps - frustration (in the sense of being frustrated that I don't know what they're thinking)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast