Default Titanic

type Jack and Rose.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only saw it once, when it was first released.

Anyway, I think Jack's best type is ESFp, but it's not very consistent.

Not sure about her. Probably even less consistent. Could be INFp or something.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Anyway, I think Jack's best type is ESFp, but it's not very consistent.

Not sure about her. Probably even less consistent. Could be INFp or something.
    Can people's behavior and motives be more consistent irl than in a movie? If they can change and vary in a film story why can't they in real life? Can an actor's (or any other person's) type be more consistent throughout his whole life than in what is portrayed in a couple-of-hours-long moving picture? If someone can act out an inconsistent character in a movie why can't such a character (and other more diverse ones) exist in real life?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking jack, istp; rose, enfp.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a scene where there's quite a bit of interaction between them. Wow, it's been years since I've seen this movie. <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    i was thinking jack, istp; rose, enfp.
    Interesting. I've been thinking James Cameron could well be ESTj so the above would make sense if so.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Can people's behavior and motives be more consistent irl than in a movie? If they can change and vary in a film story why can't they in real life? Can an actor's (or any other person's) type be more consistent throughout his whole life than in what is portrayed in a couple-of-hours-long moving picture? If someone can act out an inconsistent character in a movie why can't such a character (and other more diverse ones) exist in real life?
    A character is written by a person of one type, directed by a person of potentially another type, and acted by a person of potentially a third type. And characters in the first place aren't always well developed. An author might base a character one one person and then add bits and pieces from other people here and there. And then add his/her own personality a bit, which might be different. Add in every other person who has a hand in how the character is portrayed. They can be very inconsistent.

A real person is a real person who makes his/her own choices out of his/her own background and personality. Completely different.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    A character is written by a person of one type, directed by a person of potentially another type, and acted by a person of potentially a third type. And characters in the first place aren't always well developed. An author might base a character one one person and then add bits and pieces from other people here and there. And then add his/her own personality a bit, which might be different. Add in every other person who has a hand in how the character is portrayed. They can be very inconsistent.

A real person is a real person who makes his/her own choices out of his/her own background and personality. Completely different.
    I get what you're saying but I don't see how that answers my question. Many other people and other outside factors have a hand in a "real person's" choices too. Would it imply that a person is mentally ill or something if (s)he makes choices in real life like the ones some inconsistent (melting pot) movie character (like Rose) has made? However different and diverse things might an actor present and do on stage can they really be that much out of proportion as to not fit (/equal) the actions/motives/things some real person would take/have/do?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have to say the Titanic event was EIE (Se HA unfolding in a rather slow and insidious manner and tricking everyone into panic and despair)