TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTps share your philosophy and outlook on the world

How do you see the world?

Share your thuoghts, views, interest, life philosophies here.

My goal is to understand, and get a better grasp of where you are coming from.

In essence: Spill your guts out
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Specific questions help.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Specific questions help.
    yeah :/
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My question to ISTps is what can ENFps use to lure you out of the house Besides sex, it's getting old lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    My question to ISTps is what can ENFps use to lure you out of the house Besides sex, it's getting old lol
    Hrm, I know i'm a sucker whenever anyone promises me "adventure" of any kind.

Free food works too.

Oh and seeing people make fools of themselves while staying safely hidden myself is one

Do you want something more specific?

- Voltaire

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I was just wondering in general! Because there will be times where an ISTp is interested but they are just either low on energy or effort, and the only time his ears tend to perk up is when he thinks a chain of events is going to lead him to getting lucky So I wanted to know what offers would entice ISTps out to do things so once I get them I can drag them around to do whatever

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I was just wondering in general! Because there will be times where an ISTp is interested but they are just either low on energy or effort, and the only time his ears tend to perk up is when he thinks a chain of events is going to lead him to getting lucky So I wanted to know what offers would entice ISTps out to do things so once I get them I can drag them around to do whatever
    heh yeah sometimes that's the only thing that motivates me too. It kinda falls under adventure.

Use your skills, you can be persuasive, right? The hard part is getting us to go out once. After that it should be gravy especially if it's fun.

It's like riding a bike uphill really

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Hrm, I know i'm a sucker whenever anyone promises me "adventure" of any kind.

Free food works too.

Oh and seeing people make fools of themselves while staying safely hidden myself is one

Do you want something more specific?
    This is a perfect description of the kinds of things that will motivate me to abandon my solitary pursuits.
    I can also be persuaded to take on practical/laborious/tedious projects like building furniture, doing landscaping, organizing messy rooms, etc with the promise of fun afterwards. It's not so much about being childishly reward for suffering through an obligation, it's about sharing the labor and then sharing the rewards.
    Also, I like physically active fun where I can express strength and/or grace along with others but not so much in competition. I totally dig throwing a frisbee back & forth but I'm not so much into ultimate frisbee; also when I play disc golf I will not keep score. And I can play pingpong 'til I'm falling over from exhaustion, but I'd rather play chaos pong than a formal game.
    When cracka visited Knoxville, we played a lot of pool, and he won most of the games, but I know I would have won more often if I had been more competitive. I pot the cue on the 8 a lot, for example ... I play by feeling the shot more than calculating it, and that's actually what I like about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seeing people make fools of themselves while staying safely hidden myself is one
    haahahahhahaha

I was watching an Ultimate game not too long ago and there was an SLI there with his roommate, quite possibly an IEE. He was definitely goofy and in pretty high spirits, at any rate, 'cause their team was doing great. They were goofing off, and I'm not exactly sure how this happened, but the roommate grabs a complete stranger's beach umbrella and attempts to stab it into the ground. The pole was made of bamboo, though, so the force snapped the thing in half. At which point the umbrella top keels over to the ground as he's staring at it, wide-eyed, thinking "Oh SHIT!" And the SLI's just calmly watching him do this...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    This is a perfect description of the kinds of things that will motivate me to abandon my solitary pursuits.
    I can also be persuaded to take on practical/laborious/tedious projects like building furniture, doing landscaping, organizing messy rooms, etc with the promise of fun afterwards. It's not so much about being childishly reward for suffering through an obligation, it's about sharing the labor and then sharing the rewards.
    Also, I like physically active fun where I can express strength and/or grace along with others but not so much in competition. I totally dig throwing a frisbee back & forth but I'm not so much into ultimate frisbee; also when I play disc golf I will not keep score. And I can play pingpong 'til I'm falling over from exhaustion, but I'd rather play chaos pong than a formal game.
    Damn couldn't have said it better myself. Especially the part about sharing the labor and reward.

I think I can be incredibly competitive, but, about 90% of the time I'm not because when i'm done i'm literally just exhausted. So I tend to not do too much of that.
    But yeah think of something like that, fun, physical, not necessarily competitive (but can be).

...Like sex!

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything. Usually it's me who has to drag people out of the house. I will do anything and everything.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw, I can imagine Jessica dragging somebody (or some body) out the house.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    fwiw, I can imagine Jessica dragging somebody (or some body) out the house.
    You sure you imagined that?

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gay sex
    Last edited by istpunk; 07-17-2008 at 08:32 AM.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A guy that stays at home and doesn't come out unless it's for sex is a complete idiot, and needs to get a life. I don't even know why you would be dragging someone like that out, or even giving them reasons to go out? That's stuff they have to figure out by themselves.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, yeah...that doesn't sound like a very interesting relationship. Sex is great and all but nothing else? I don't think i'd be sexually attracted to someone like that. Sounds to me he's having his cake and eating it too. The stereotype that ISTP's are homebodies couldn't be more off when it comes to me. But then again, Joy just typed me ESTP so who knows . I am always doing something...always planning exciting things to do and actually...i'd go so far as to say i'm probobly the most active in comparison with the guys i've dated and the few friends i've had. Maybe he's just boring.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone drag me out
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    A guy that stays at home and doesn't come out unless it's for sex is a complete idiot, and needs to get a life. I don't even know why you would be dragging someone like that out, or even giving them reasons to go out? That's stuff they have to figure out by themselves.
    I was kind of exaggerating just to be humorous, there are other circumstances involved, I don't think he really comes out JUST to have sex, it's just a common thing because we both have a high sexual attraction to one another. So I'm not really that desperate for attention

eh, yeah...that doesn't sound like a very interesting relationship. Sex is great and all but nothing else? I don't think i'd be sexually attracted to someone like that. Sounds to me he's having his cake and eating it too. The stereotype that ISTP's are homebodies couldn't be more off when it comes to me. But then again, Joy just typed me ESTP so who knows . I am always doing something...always planning exciting things to do and actually...i'd go so far as to say i'm probobly the most active in comparison with the guys i've dated and the few friends i've had. Maybe he's just boring.
    To be honest, ever since I've been here, I never thought you really seemed like an ISTp, but I'm not one to really tell people unless they ask.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, ever since I've been here, I never thought you really seemed like an ISTp, but I'm not one to really tell people unless they ask.
    eh, I don't mind. Nearly every type has been suggested to me so I'm used to it. Something about ISTP doesn't quite fit for me but out of all the others, it's the most accurate. Oh well. Carry on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, I don't mind. Nearly every type has been suggested to me so I'm used to it. Something about ISTP doesn't quite fit for me but out of all the others, it's the most accurate. Oh well. Carry on.
    Jessica I just think everyone's got some perverted view on ISTps. Like, NO ONE is ISTp here or something?

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post

Under the assumption that I am SLI.

I'm not really sure. I don't think I have a world view. I don't really have a structured approach to existence, to life. I primarily do what I wish/desire, when I want to. I get stressed if I can't do what I wish when I want to do it. That's about it I guess.

With my interests, it's moment dependent. I like to conceive of things, like, various improvements to things. I like mathematics. I like being comfortable.

Thought of something, something very characteristic, determinant of myself, my need for security. I place my personal safety above else. And I hate expectations, suspense, uncertainty. I'm now reminded of a comment I made to my roommate recently, that a football game is so much more enjoyable to watch when one knows the outcome. There is no stress, suspense, uncertainty, one doesn't have to worry about the outcome. In essence that is my attitude towards life, I wish to have safety, comfort, security in every moment of my life, that is, I want it now and always. I do not wish to ever be without my security, to ever leave my comfort zone, in any way.

Basically I'm an anti risk taker. Any form of risk really puts me off. I'm extremely into comfort. I much prefer to sit comfortably when and how I am use to and do thing I like they way I like to do them to any form of excitement, adventure and so on. I'm reminded of when I was younger and my friends and I would go out. We always use to go to the same place, there was never anything new there, nothing novel, my IEE friend was bored, he wanted to try new stuff and he and my other friend would always fight. I totally didn't care. Whenever they asked me to be the tie breaker I would say I'm comfortable. Personally I loved it. It was out on the open, nicely decorated, comfortable swings, nice scenery all around us. It was an excellent environment to sit down, relax and converse.

Actually what I love the most is being in this type of environment and being able to talk to people. Being able to freely open my mind, to freely express my thoughts. With no reservations or restrictions. I love to discus, explore new possibilities, to be presented with new options. And I love even more to be able to do this with other people. Like I love teaching people, explaining things to them. And in the process exploring new views of things, the possibilities that arise, mixing perspectives. Like for example, when I teach people about socionics, I like to teach them, but I also like to run my suggestions, ideas by them, like for us to explore these ideas together. It doesn't matter what they know, how much they know, I adapt to them. I am also constantly asking them things as I teach them, contrasting to what they already know, seeking their fresh perspective.

I especially love to harness somebody's fresh perspective. I tend to be possessive there. I tend to take up people's time, demand their full attention to whatever I wish to talk about. I want them to be fully immersed in the topic I wish to discus. That is, I want other people to be interested in whatever I am interested in discussing. So that I can fully engage them in it, so that I can fully delve into it. So that even the slightest hint can be followed, fully explored. I want to be able to discus the most mundane, obvious things because perhaps from these mundane, seemingly insignificant things we can realize that there is a hidden enormous potential, and I wish to have somebody with whom I can do this, get to it, explore it properly.

Personally, I am incompetent in this. Even though I can have a million questions, and am highly competent in the area of discussion, I need a catalyst in order to explore the hidden potential of it. Because I myself can't think of things, can't see things. I can only see things they way I see them. Others with their fresh perspective make me realize new things, see things differently, and this brings about new realizations, opens up new possibilities, new ways of doing things, seeing things, dealing with things, it opens up creativity.

Start discussing things with me about it. Try to make me curious about it. Try to get possibility, potential into it. Try to make me envision, guess about it. I like that very much. That motivates me, the promise of new potential, possibility. This can be easily accomplished if you appeal to my knowledge, if you get me to start explaining things to you. Then just present me with various possibilities and an invitation to go and do them.

Although I must say that novelty like this does not necessarily motivate me. If it involves me going out of my comfort zone. Actually, anything that involves me going out of my comfort zone seriously distresses me. The prospect is a very unwelcoming one. So basically what gets me out is when others give me Ne and yet freely let me have my Si.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snegledmaca, I just wanted to say "OMG" about your avatar. Hahaha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    Snegledmaca, I just wanted to say "OMG" about your avatar. Hahaha.
    Ah yes, I picked it because it conveys authority and credibility . I was posting on some topic and though that I sounded like I knew what I was going on about. So I figured I might do something to undermine myself. Not that it would undermine what I said, but it would contrast with what I wrote, it would mess with people conception of myself. I guess it's a criticism of how people tend to have conceptions of others into which they then box them in. Actually, how they pigeonhole them and then define them by these imposed boundaries. And how my contribution does not depend on such insignificant things like what I am wearing, who I know, what I own and so on. Also a criticism on people who do define people like that, judge the validity of their contribution on how sophisticated their clothes look and so on, like they are more likely to believe somebody because they look like they are credible, not because they actually are.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    Ah yes, I picked it because it conveys authority and credibility . I was posting on some topic and though that I sounded like I knew what I was going on about. So I figured I might do something to undermine myself. Not that it would undermine what I said, but it would contrast with what I wrote, it would mess with people conception of myself. I guess it's a criticism of how people tend to have conceptions of others into which they then box them in. Actually, how they pigeonhole them and then define them by these imposed boundaries. And how my contribution does not depend on such insignificant things like what I am wearing, who I know, what I own and so on. Also a criticism on people who do define people like that, judge the validity of their contribution on how sophisticated their clothes look and so on, like they are more likely to believe somebody because they look like they are credible, not because they actually are.
    And you decide to do this by "fisting the sheep"? LOL. Nah, I totally get what you're saying. I also hate these unrealistic and shallow expectations. I think people have more "layers" than that. I, for instance, can be very intellectual and serious at times, depending on the situation. But I can also be very lighthearted and carefree. Actually, the two don't contradict each other. It is usually a mixture of things for me.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is usually a mixture of things for me.
    In other words, you're like a multi fruit pie. Just what SLIs need.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gay sex
    Last edited by istpunk; 07-17-2008 at 08:32 AM.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    In other words, you're like a multi fruit pie. Just what SLIs need.
    I like that metaphor! Yeah, all the most delicious fruits you can think of.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by istpunk View Post
    Yeah, are you one of those female ISTPs? They tend to lack a more concrete vision on what they can do due to the expectations of the female gender but it kinda makes sense. When I see a female act all manly and do stuff like mechanical or computer work I get turned off. It's not like I want to see them do administrative work but it's the whole attitude thing. They also tend to be major sluts, ISTP women got it easy too.
    lol. I'm not manly at all...I may think like a man, but I'm not butch. If we're so manly, we couldn't be major sluts at the same time. Think about it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. I'm not manly at all...I may think like a man, but I'm not butch. If we're so manly, we couldn't be major sluts at the same time. Think about it.
    now this is sounding like me. i'm not a slut (anymore) though. yeah, i've mostly gotten along better with boys and men...they tend to be easier to talk to and i don't have to "worry" about hurting feelings....i can relax and just talk.

that's actually a big thing that was refreshing about me to my husband. i say what i mean, no hidden meanings or feelings that can be misconstrued. and he just told me today how he appreciates this in me. and he said he likes that i'm a "chatterbox" too. he doesn't care for "awkward" silent moments. but even when we are silent together, it doesn't last long because something always pops up in our brains to say to the other one.

while we're not living together at the moment, we talk on the phone at least 20-25 times a day. just to say what we would have said with the other in the room.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i say what i mean, no hidden meanings or feelings that can be misconstrued. and he just told me today how he appreciates this in me.
    Amen to that, sister!

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now this is sounding like me. i'm not a slut (anymore) though. yeah, i've mostly gotten along better with boys and men...they tend to be easier to talk to and i don't have to "worry" about hurting feelings....i can relax and just talk.

that's actually a big thing that was refreshing about me to my husband. i say what i mean, no hidden meanings or feelings that can be misconstrued. and he just told me today how he appreciates this in me. and he said he likes that i'm a "chatterbox" too. he doesn't care for "awkward" silent moments. but even when we are silent together, it doesn't last long because something always pops up in our brains to say to the other one.

while we're not living together at the moment, we talk on the phone at least 20-25 times a day. just to say what we would have said with the other in the room.
    You two make me sick! j/k of course, I'm just jealous.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You two make me sick! j/k of course, I'm just jealous.
    i think if you change your quote to

give em a little psychology and then a little sex...it would work better. i know that's what "opens" my guy's mind to my psychoanalysis crap, as he calls it.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think if you change your quote to

give em a little psychology and then a little sex...it would work better. i know that's what "opens" my guy's mind to my psychoanalysis crap, as he calls it.
    I have no one to "open up."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no one to "open up."
    he'll show up.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post

Better off passively observing SLIs in the wild or in r/l than asking anyone anything here.
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you decide to do this by "fisting the sheep"?
    Of course. Have you never fisted sheep? It brings great pleasure, it does. Plus you get to eat the sheep later. Yum-yum. Or should I say domestic-animally-skinned-dismembered-decapitated-on-fiery.

I also hate these unrealistic and shallow expectations.
    Well I don't really hate it. I don't really have any sentiments. My criticism was a reaction to events in my environment. Similar to how you move aside when a large object is threatening to fall on top of you. What I described is a phenomenon to me, an event in my environment. I see no reason why I would react personally to it, with sentiments. But I guess if you are an ethical type, you would. Personally my reaction is of contemplation, like I think about what to do in reaction to the event, not how it makes me feel.

I tend to have issues with certain people, who I have all typed as Fe ego conincidently, because they seem to asume that when they say somethign or do somethign they will hurt my feeling, insult me or somethign. While in reality I completely don't care. Well, not that I don't care, just that I don't react with sentiments to them, I don't get hurt, they don't insult me.

This can become a serious issue if they expect me to care. Then they start with the allegations of heartlessness and cruelty. This only worsens the situation as attempting to force me to care doesn't work. It only closes me off more. And this in term heightens my "inhumanity".

This happens often with my mother. She has all of these sentiments and expectation about me. I dismiss them. She gets riled up. I dismiss that. She gets so rilled up that she starts disrupting my activities. Then I have to pay attention to her. I try to reason with her, explain to her how everything she is thinking, doing is meaningless and pointless and oh so very wrong. She gets irrational on top off being seriously pissed off. Starts making those super guilt tripping statements like "I have no son" and stuff like that. That is the point at which I give up and walk away. I see that there is no point in trying to reason with her, as she is too far gone in her emotionally spawned irrationality. Afterwards when she cools down we work it out, I explain why I did the things I did and she listens and doesn't judge.

Quote Originally Posted by istpunk View Post
    Yeah, are you one of those female ISTPs?
    I'm not female.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh..to add to this discussion:

http://socionist.blogspot.com/2008/0...scription.html

^ Rick's SLI description posted in another thread.

Don't know how valid it is, but it seems legit.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What gets me out of the house? Nothing. I get the house out of me.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade View Post
    What gets me out of the house? Nothing. I get the house out of me.
    LOL! Blueblade I like your signature poem so much I decided to come out of hiding to tell you so.
    On to the topic. I find getting ISTPs out the house no easy task. You probably already have to be a fixture in their life before they are willing to invest in time with you. From my personal experience it is the other person that must always take the initiative and move events along. ISTPs will seldom take any initative but may begin to drop hints if they are very lonely or bored. Their hints may include looking angry and distant, stiring up trouble by using comical insults or sarcasm. When they hit rock bottom they might start dropping bombs about having no friends or that no one would miss them if they died and so on. Its all hogwash but it is meant to alert Fi types that the ISTPs need for attention is being neglected. Once in motion ISTPs can be very wonderful to have around. They are capable, interesting and mysterious all at once. Dont get too used to them though. Just when you think you are going to wrap them up and put them in your pocket they begin to flip the script. After a time they become tired and irritated with being around people, including you. They want to be free to do their own thing. They will begin to shut you out, create distance and act bored. As soon as you begin to notice this behavior is wise to drop them COLD. You must strike first and depart! This may sound mean but it is perfectly neccessary to prevent them from taking you for granted. It must seem like it is your decision, not theirs, to part company. This lays the ground for a strategic comeback that will have them eating out of your hand. MWHahahahhahahhaha
    ISTPs can go cold over night or even in mid sentence. This can be a shock to the un-initiated. You may wonder what you did wrong. What happened? Did you say something wrong? You may want to know if everything is OK. Be WARNED! If you proceed to petition them for signs of love, affection, interest or whatever you will earn their contempt. They hate the idea of someone hanging on their every word and being dependent while even at the same time promoting such dependency through acts of kindness and service. Should things continue in that vein they might snap and viciously sever the relationship. After a while they may regret their actions or at least the results of the action and want to return to good relations as before with the hopes that they will not be smothered again. ISTPs never apologize, even if they acted badly to a situation they themselves created. To them its humiliating to admit they were wrong. They know when they are wrong and may (or may not) work to improve themselves but they feel no need to make the matter public even if that public is family or a friends.
    I know of on ISTP who has burned his bridges with several people that were close to him. He still cares for them and would like to have people close to him but he does not (or cannot) take any steps toward reconciliation. I empathize with him but at the same time I feel this is something he must learn to do if he is to ever have anyone in his life for any period of time. He cant go around rejecting people without explination and then expect them to always pick up the pieces and rebuild. It is my theory that ISTPs do these things to a greater or lesser degree to 1) test the limits of their relationships 2) maintain a certain distance if they feel others are getting to close 3) to have the upper hand and maintain a certain amount of control.
    This is only my observation and it may not be true of other ISTPs. Would any ISTPs like to comment on this? What seems acurate and what seems inaccurate?

Also my question for ISTPs is : who should take the initiative with displays of affection the ISTP or the other person (meaning the ENFP?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast