Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LIEs We're lazier than you

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LIEs We're lazier than you

I must save time now; I need time later TO BE LAZY.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is a matter of pride then you'd do well to stay away from me and my brethren for fear of looking shamefully industrious
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A TeNi White LIE View Post
    I've noticed that. You're efficient, but only when you feel like it. I'm efficient, but only when I have limited resources.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that gamma NT's are lazy bastards. Little Si, little Se, and Te just trys to make everything faster, easier, and cheaper.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    I find that gamma NT's are lazy bastards. Little Si, little Se, and Te just trys to make everything faster, easier, and cheaper.
    I don't think we can beat ISTps on the matter.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I think ISTp's savor their lazyness more and create physical conditions in which they can be comfortably relaxed and lazy. Whereas Gamma NT's will often not even take care of themselves physically. So its a different kind of laziness. One is sort of hedonistic and the other is just careless and detached.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post

I think ISTp's savor their lazyness more and create physical conditions in which they can be comfortably relaxed and lazy. Whereas Gamma NT's will often not even take care of themselves physically. So its a different kind of laziness. One is sort of hedonistic and the other is just careless and detached.
    This is interesting, and the ISTp bit is true of the way I go about it - comfortable, relaxed laziness is the only way to go. Can you describe Gamma NT laziness more? I'm intrigued... is it that they ignore their physical experience while they set their Ni free to wander [aimlessly?], or what?

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post

This is interesting, and the ISTp bit is true of the way I go about it - comfortable, relaxed laziness is the only way to go. Can you describe Gamma NT laziness more? I'm intrigued... is it that they ignore their physical experience while they set their Ni free to wander [aimlessly?], or what?
    Yeah i'm as lazy as hell. But the thing about Si comfort, although it's lazy, that lazyness doesn't necessarily come without hard work, for instance: to have nice warm house and a few beers in the fridge in front of tele etc, you gotta work hard during the day to earn the money to pay for these things. So if someone gave me a few million bucks, I wonder if I would just spend it enjoying myself

INTp's can answer better for this one, but I think they are probably more likely to disregard 'physical' aspects like less importance on earning money, having clean house with creature comforts and what have you..and just live within their own impressive imagination..even if things are gonna hit the fan.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yeah i'm as lazy as hell. But the thing about Si comfort, although it's lazy, that lazyness doesn't necessarily come without hard work, for instance: to have nice warm house and a few beers in the fridge in front of tele etc, you gotta work hard during the day to earn the money to pay for these things. So if someone gave me a few million bucks, I wonder if I would just spend it enjoying myself
    Yeah, this is very true. Maybe this is why it's sometimes referred to as "talented laziness" - you have to have some amount of talent [or skill, industriousness, whatever] in order to get to the point where you can have a comfortable laziness, heh. That, and I do tend to get things done while appearing to be quite lazy - you know, painting, reading, learning about socionics

If I had a few million dollars, I would definitely spend a big chunk of it on my friends/family and me having fun... not laziness, necessarily, because we'd be out doing things [skydiving, learning to fly planes, exploring foreign countries, etc.] but it would definitely be a lot of laid-back fun. Ah, to dream....

INTp's can answer better for this one, but I think they are probably more likely to disregard 'physical' aspects like less importance on earning money, having clean house with creature comforts and what have you..and just live within their own impressive imagination..even if things are gonna hit the fan.
    This is something like what I imagine it being like for them - sort of escaping into their own heads/mental worlds. What say the Gamma NT's?

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Yeah, this is very true. Maybe this is why it's sometimes referred to as "talented laziness" - you have to have some amount of talent [or skill, industriousness, whatever] in order to get to the point where you can have a comfortable laziness, heh.
    Yeah it's fuckin' awesome

What i've found as well, even when i'm working, I always find the best way to do things with the minimum output. In jobs i've had I tend to find myself one of the top producers, certainly up there, but i'm able to do it with a lot less effort than what other people do. Maybe that's what makes it look like talented lazyness. I just see it as getting the best results with the most expedient and still thorough route- it covers all the bases with minimum effort, which is probably Si blocked with Te..well it is (:
    If I had a few million dollars, I would definitely spend a big chunk of it on my friends/family and me having fun... not laziness, necessarily, because we'd be out doing things [skydiving, learning to fly planes, exploring foreign countries, etc.] but it would definitely be a lot of laid-back fun. Ah, to dream....
    Yeah it would be totally awesome.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in line with the ISTps perspectives on the topic, btw (although I am not like my ISTp friends - I often expend energy just for the sake of it).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma NT laziness is more of an absolute laziness; we really just hate to do anything. We want it done with as little effort as possible; our immense sense of laziness drives efficiency in all that we do. While the laziness of an ISTp is more of a comfort thing (they would rather not do anything in order to remain comfortable; laidback is a good term), laziness for an ILI or a LIE is true in most every aspect of the world. This doesn't mean we will do nothing, even though in many instances we will not (if we see something as an over exertion, we simply will not, hence our hatred of menial tasks/chores/etc.).

Si laziness stems more from a reluctance to give up comfort (which means that they can do a lot if kept comfortable), while the combination of Te/Ni makes laziness more of an artform, trying to expend the least amount of energy possible in everything they do.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, SLI's are the lasiest.... in fact, we're so lazy I can't even be bothered to finis.....

zzzz..zZZZzz

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma NT laziness is more of an absolute laziness; we really just hate to do anything. We want it done with as little effort as possible; our immense sense of laziness drives efficiency in all that we do. While the laziness of an ISTp is more of a comfort thing (they would rather not do anything in order to remain comfortable; laidback is a good term), laziness for an ILI or a LIE is true in most every aspect of the world. This doesn't mean we will do nothing, even though in many instances we will not (if we see something as an over exertion, we simply will not, hence our hatred of menial tasks/chores/etc.).

Si laziness stems more from a reluctance to give up comfort (which means that they can do a lot if kept comfortable), while the combination of Te/Ni makes laziness more of an artform, trying to expend the least amount of energy possible in everything they do.
    You see, you're wasting a lot of effort in begin lazy

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's actually very easy to motivate LIEs out of laziness, though. (At least in my experience.) Once you get them to get off their asses, they're really hard-working and I find it endearing.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I dont think this was ever a contest of who is laziest.

You could call ESE's logically lazy, or ILI's emotionally lazy.

The Gamma NT's I know IRL would agree with the following:

1. Being lazy is hilarious and makes you an asshole.
    2. Being an asshole is a win.
    3. People who do a half ass job and still win are heroes.

Ni, in my opinion, is the most detached element, and lends itself to daydreaming, melancholy, and inactivity. Actually doing stuff is desired, but we need outside help.

Ni's won't even dress "properly" for the weather. Its winter and I dont wear pants I wear shorts. Why? Cuz I dont have long pants. Why? Cuz Im too lazy to ask my mom to buy me some. Its really too much work to make myself comfortable all the time, and when I zone out its not like Im gonna care anyways.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni, in my opinion, is the most detached element, and lends itself to daydreaming, melancholy, and inactivity. Actually doing stuff is desired, but we need outside help.
    Uh... that actually sounds like Alpha NTs.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    nope

I used phrasing such as "win" which is often used by alphas, however beating an opponent down and shoving it in their face fits Se and successful scheming and triumphant cleverness fits Te.

It is a myth that Te ego types are overly concerned with activity and management.

We are "smart" about these processes and well suited for their analyzation and governance, but the aim of them is profit and efficiency, not the activity itself. This allows us to gain resources and free up time.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Why? What's the difference bt what he described and Gamma NTs?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I dont think this was ever a contest of who is laziest.

You could call ESE's logically lazy, or ILI's emotionally lazy.

Absolute bullshit. You aren't a gamma NT, nor do you probably know any, as any real gamma NT wouldn't bother with you. This is a load of pseudo-niffweedian bunk.

Nope. You wouldn't know Ni if it smacked you in the face, bud. Get the fuck over to alpha.

Ni's won't even dress "properly" for the weather. Its winter and I dont wear pants I wear shorts. Why? Cuz I dont have long pants. Why? Cuz Im too lazy to ask my mom to buy me some. Its really too much work to make myself comfortable all the time, and when I zone out its not like Im gonna care anyways.
    Heh. This is called being lazy and physically inferior. Stop using socionics to excuse your shortcomings.

nope

I used phrasing such as "win" which is often used by alphas, however beating an opponent down and shoving it in their face fits Se and successful scheming and triumphant cleverness fits Te.
    UGH

It is a myth that Te ego types are overly concerned with activity and management.
    So is the idea that Ni is about daydreaming.

We are "smart" about these processes and well suited for their analyzation and governance, but the aim of them is profit and efficiency, not the activity itself. This allows us to gain resources and free up time.
    asdklfnaslkgna;lfgmq'f
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever Strrrng.

I have no clue what Socionics you've been learning.

Also you sound a bit aggressive. Maybe you should reconsider your type as LSI?
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Absolute bullshit. You aren't a gamma NT, nor do you probably know any, as any real gamma NT wouldn't bother with you. This is a load of pseudo-niffweedian bunk.

Nope. You wouldn't know Ni if it smacked you in the face, bud. Get the fuck over to alpha.

Heh. This is called being lazy and physically inferior. Stop using socionics to excuse your shortcomings.
    The way you come across is very... coercive... aggressive... abrasive.... belligerent.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hahaha. You know diddly-squat about Ni and you know diddly-squat about socionics.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way you come across is very... coercive... aggressive... abrasive.... belligerent.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hahaha. You know diddly-squat about Ni and you know diddly-squat about socionics.
    What a gamma NT response of you, lol.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going to argue with me then please make points.

Your arguments consist of:
    explitive
    You are wrong
    explitive

That doesn't sound like an INFp at all

Im human, Im fallible. So I'd enjoy it if you'd actually made constructive counterpoints, in which I might find enlightenment

Have a nice day
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although he is wrong about ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE, complaining about abraisiveness is very Alpha/Delta-ish.

That said, he's still wrong about absolutely everything else.
    Aaaaand he hasn't made a good point yet.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although he is wrong about ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE, complaining about abraisiveness is very Alpha/Delta-ish.

That said, he's still wrong about absolutely everything else.
    YOU BASTARDDDDDDD!!!!

lol. No not really anyways.

This is supposed to be an intellectual forum. There are general conventions when making an argument.

One of them is having points.

I dont care if you are sexy, powerful, and domineering. Blahh blah blah, fuck you are wrong, go away has no place in learning or psychology.

Yeah I really doubt any self respecting Gamma NT is gonna go, "Oh well since you yelled it that way I guess you are right."
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duh?

I agree with you; strrrng is quite out of line.

Being more obnoxious doesn't make you right, it just makes intelligent people mad at you.

Creepy-Cyclops

strrrng is always screaming at people. I think he wants some SLE to give him some gay love.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duh?

I agree with you; strrrng is quite out of line.

Being more obnoxious doesn't make you right, it just makes intelligent people mad at you.
    I wasn't "out of line." Give me a break. This guy has been polluting the forum with bullshit interpretations of socionics. Sorry for mocking him for it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't "out of line." Give me a break. This guy has been polluting the forum with bullshit interpretations of socionics. Sorry for mocking him for it.
    When you actually make an argument I'll take you seriously.

BTW I've made like 5 posts that had to do with my opinions on socionics. The rest have been pretty much retaliating to you.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for mocking him for it.
    Damn Alphas.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you actually make an argument I'll take you seriously.
    Except I don't care about you enough to actually deign to discuss something seriously. So, I'll just mock you from time to time.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except I don't care about you enough to actually deign to discuss something seriously. So, I'll just mock you from time to time.
    Right, which is fine.

But I have no clue how you consider yourself an INFp (Ni subtype at that) when you are clearly a troll and have no desire to discuss socionics.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, back to the socionics discussion...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, which is fine.

But I have no clue how you consider yourself an INFp (Ni subtype at that) when you are clearly a troll and have no desire to discuss socionics.
    I do discuss socionics. It's just with people who actually know what they're talking about. You don't fit that criteria.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Cyclops

I do discuss socionics. It's just with people who actually know what they're talking about. You don't fit that criteria.
    Have you actually provided the reasons why he doesn't know what he's talking about?

I don't recall you doing so. I do recall you trolling through this thread, in a way which reminds me of how your previously got a months ban for trolling.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. You are judging my knowledge of socionics on a couple of random posts I made.

Not only do you lack enough information for that claim, you are also just wrong.

And if I am erring than someone who desires discussion would correct my errors with counterpoints and logic.

See? Is that too hard?
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'M SOOOOO LAZY. GOSH.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Have you actually provided the reasons why he doesn't know what he's talking about?

I don't recall you doing so. I do recall you trolling through this thread, in a way which reminds me of how your previously got a months ban for trolling.
    His posts speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion
    lol. You are judging my knowledge of socionics on a couple of random posts I made.

Not only do you lack enough information for that claim, you are also just wrong.

And if I am erring than someone who desires discussion would correct my errors with counterpoints and logic.

See? Is that too hard?
    I've seen enough posts to gauge your level of understanding of information elements and the like. It's pretty easy to tell who understands this stuff. And like I said, I only pursue discussion with those I deem worth it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Not to come off wrong, but how the hell is complaining about abrasiveness related to a quadra? That mentality is bunk.
    Abrasiveness relates to Se-favoring, so one would think that Beta/Gamma have less of a problem with it than Alpha/Delta, which is no no way to say that being abrasive is a good thing; to the contrary, hostile people usually just appear childish (see Strrrng).

Honestly, I may be wrong about Se-favoring quadras being easier on abrasiveness (I've studied socionics for months, not years). If I am to be corrected, then so be it (politely, of course).
    Last edited by Tom; 12-23-2008 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Grammar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast