TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Ucenna

Good morning!!
    I wanna be typed! So I made a type video, but it's very short just 10 minutes, and it doesn't go over any of the questions. I have a longer one that I might upload to youtube later, or just rerecord. But I wanted to get this out right away, so here it is:

https://youtu.be/vGTp6a5Itn0

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI

I always think that male IEIs are female, before I see their photo/vid. This is a compliment I hope, as it means you are in touch with your feminine side.

You remind me of a Pastor I know at a Nazarene church.

Welcome to the forum!

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    IEI

I always think that male IEIs are female, before I see their photo/vid. This is a compliment I hope, as it means you are in touch with your feminine side.

You remind me of a Pastor I know at a Nazarene church.

Welcome to the forum!
    Thank you my friend! Being mistaken as a female is chill. But also weird. I don't mind though.

Hopefully a cool pastor? But honestly, that makes me worry. I'd rather not seem pastoral. Pastors are super cool and the bee's knees and things. But I'm not meant to be pastor-y. At least I don't think so.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI or SEI

It's a little hard for me to tell which though based on the video. But I go for IEI.

Anyway there is some Si. I am trying to decide if it is Base or Role.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What makes you @ucenna think over ?

Kind of clear xEI.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woo! I answered the questionnaire. Partially. https://youtu.be/E8grCfw4PWI

I'm kind curious though, what parts stook out as Si like?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. I'm leaning more towards SEI now.

You should definitely consider SEI. Your task will be to decide between SEI and IEI, as far as I see.

I'm just telling you what I'm thinking.

IEIs tend to be more "connected to the mind", more abstract, and less conscious of the body.

the impression you give is more "shallow and simple". Just like myself

I get the feeling that you are constantly under the influence of impressions from the environment and you body, and you are trying to keep them away so you can concentrate on what to say in front of the camera. This is normal for SEI.

If you are SEI, then Si is probably something that you experience as useless and an annoyance, because you have never had any use of it. So it can be hard to self-type as SEI.

And you said your best friend was IEE? That's semi-dual. Good relation.

Anyway, hope you find your type.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Cool. I'm leaning more towards SEI now.

You should definitely consider SEI. Your task will be to decide between SEI and IEI, as far as I see.

I'm just telling you what I'm thinking.

IEIs tend to be more "connected to the mind", more abstract, and less conscious of the body.

the impression you give is more "shallow and simple". Just like myself

I get the feeling that you are constantly under the influence of impressions from the environment and you body, and you are trying to keep them away so you can concentrate on what to say in front of the camera. This is normal for SEI.

If you are SEI, then Si is probably something that you experience as useless and an annoyance, because you have never had any use of it. So it can be hard to self-type as SEI.

And you said your best friend was IEE? That's semi-dual. Good relation.

Anyway, hope you find your type.
    Former best friend. That crashed and burned in a glorious explosion. When you say influence of impressions from the environment and body, what exactly do you mean? I wouldn't consider myself terribly aware of myself in that way. All I know is that sometimes when I'm angry and then I eat food, I feel sick. Or at least that happened last week.

Actually the first 3 videos were scraped because I was getting to heady and self-analytical. I was constantly going back, analyzing my words/thoughts/etc, and then continuing. It felt rather Xi-Ti loopy.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Basically it seems that you don't have soul suction quality that IEI's tend to have.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? I don't see myself as an SEI at all. I'm an E9, so perhaps that effects it? I'm gonna wait for a few more posts before making my case one way or thee other.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucenna View Post
    Former best friend. That crashed and burned in a glorious explosion.
    Yes, semiduality is in fact unstable, but it is considered among the best, because it feels "almost like duality". It's quite common for friends or married couples. I've been in semiduality myself. It was good chemistry but unstable.

When you say influence of impressions from the environment and body, what exactly do you mean? I wouldn't consider myself terribly aware of myself in that way. All I know is that sometimes when I'm angry and then I eat food, I feel sick. Or at least that happened last week.
    Just some general impression I get from watching the video. But also details like you touch yourself quite a lot. And look around, or how you make some expressions with your face.

Actually the first 3 videos were scraped because I was getting to heady and self-analytical. I was constantly going back, analyzing my words/thoughts/etc, and then continuing. It felt rather Xi-Ti loopy.
    I hate that too. And I also do it. Over-analyzing is pointless.

I also watched some more videos on your YT account. They were helpful.

Just curious: Why did you type yourself as an intuitive in the first place?

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, semiduality is in fact unstable, but it is considered among the best, because it feels "almost like duality". It's quite common for friends or married couples. I've been in semiduality myself. It was good chemistry but unstable.
    Sorry, when I first said that the relationship crashed and burned I was hoping to imply that I didn't think of her as a likely match for semiduality. In general, whenever she expressed something intuitively, it had seemed rather unimpressive to me. Even annoying. Often times when she'd make an intuitive discernment on something I'd have already made my own intuitive discernment that I was satisfied with. If I were to use typology, I'd have compared the interaction to Ni vs Ne.

Just curious: Why did you type yourself as an intuitive in the first place?
    For the purposes of this reply, I'm gonna go full on intuitive. Then, if I don't appear intuitive, my self conception of intuition in my head is likely very wrong. Granted, I expect that my self conception of intuition isn't perfect, but I think it's decent enough for my purposes. The question of "Why?" isn't really a question I can answer. Every since I enter typology, intuition has always been assumed. There was a brief period in which I was battling between being a Si base or Ni base, but I eventually settled with Ni base. I can't rightly remember why. I eventually crafted an idea of what intuition was, and because I felt that that idea applied to me, I deemed myself an intuitive. As far as the characteristics of intuition, particularly Ni. The ideas of foresight, patterns, an understanding of how a certain action might influence an event. I consider myself to be good at these things. I enjoy strategy and tactics. Big fan of chess. In MTG, the deck that types of decks I enjoy the most are ones that rely on my ability to predict my opponents move, and dodge it. Striking at just the right moment, and taking advantage of weaknesses. And when no weaknesses are present, tricking my opponent into creating them. I enjoy watching people, figuring them out, commenting on their idiosyncrasies and noting the intentions behind their actions.

Also I'm much too inept in the real world to consider myself a S type. I'm forgetful, out of sorts, distracted, and liable to daydream. The day before I recorded my first video, I imagined myself going through the entire event in my head while driving down the road. I ultimately was so in my head that I got lost. This sort of thing is rather frequent for me, getting lost in my head and thusly getting lost in real life. It's happened whilst walking too, and often while working at my retail store, I would start puzzling things out in my head trying to figure them out, and then realize I was in a totally different part of the store. This doesn't happen as often as it used to, but it's still not uncommon for me to blink, look around, and realize that I had been zoning everything out.

As for the above, I realize that it would be wrong to say that it was super super intuitively said. Rather it is more of an indication as to things I've said or done that might appear to intuitive to an onlooker. What I'm trying to say, is that rather than talking in an intuitive manner, the above paragraphs are merely focused on the topic of intuition. So as for my original statement, about going full on intuition. I don't know if that can actually be said. Or perhaps, in light of recent sentences, it can. But to say something is full on intuition, doesn't that imply a complete expression of my use of intuition but of course. But for me, as a mere mortal, to do a complete and full expression of something. That would be impossible wouldn't it? So it would seem that when I said that I was intent on going "full on intuition" I was attempting to do the impossible. But then again, I knew that when I first said it.

Thank you!

Also I don't really have much problem with over analysis. It's rather fun. I just assumed that It'd be rather unfun to watch. I'm still getting my forum legs, and trying to figure out exactly how I want to interact in this environment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I, F

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question of "Why?" isn't really a question I can answer. Every since I enter typology, intuition has always been assumed. There was a brief period in which I was battling between being a Si base or Ni base, but I eventually settled with Ni base. I can't rightly remember why. I eventually crafted an idea of what intuition was, and because I felt that that idea applied to me, I deemed myself an intuitive.
    Then it could be worth reconsidering it.

As far as the characteristics of intuition, particularly Ni. The ideas of foresight, patterns, an understanding of how a certain action might influence an event. I consider myself to be good at these things. I enjoy strategy and tactics. Big fan of chess. In MTG, the deck that types of decks I enjoy the most are ones that rely on my ability to predict my opponents move, and dodge it. Striking at just the right moment, and taking advantage of weaknesses. And when no weaknesses are present, tricking my opponent into creating them. I enjoy watching people, figuring them out, commenting on their idiosyncrasies and noting the intentions behind their actions.
    This would point towards intuition. If you actually do it naturally. The thing is, it could be that you are just a smart and creative person. But that is not necessarily connected to type. That's why video is so useful. One can see the natural personality better.

Also I'm much too inept in the real world to consider myself a S type. I'm forgetful, out of sorts, distracted, and liable to daydream.
    This is common for SEI. Si is not really about the real world. It is about impressionistic sensing and detachment from the world of objects.

As for the above, I realize that it would be wrong to say that it was super super intuitively said. Rather it is more of an indication as to things I've said or done that might appear to intuitive to an onlooker. What I'm trying to say, is that rather than talking in an intuitive manner, the above paragraphs are merely focused on the topic of intuition. So as for my original statement, about going full on intuition. I don't know if that can actually be said. Or perhaps, in light of recent sentences, it can. But to say something is full on intuition, doesn't that imply a complete expression of my use of intuition but of course. But for me, as a mere mortal, to do a complete and full expression of something. That would be impossible wouldn't it? So it would seem that when I said that I was intent on going "full on intuition" I was attempting to do the impossible. But then again, I knew that when I first said it.
    You certainly do over-analyze This strikes me as NiTe super-ego.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then it could be worth reconsidering it.
    Well, there was a brief period.

This would point towards intuition. If you actually do it naturally. The thing is, it could be that you are just a smart and creative person. But that is not necessarily connected to type. That's why video is so useful. One can see the natural personality better.
    Well I would certainly say I'm a smart and creative person, but also I do do this pretty naturally.

This is common for SEI. Si is not really about the real world. It is about impressionistic sensing and detachment from the world of objects.
    Hmm? I've never heard Si expressed of as detached. Unless you mean detached from objects as distinct entities and focused on their impressions. I'd suspect Si to be more inclined to get lost in the "pleasantness" of the reality around them? Or something like that? I don't really consider that to be me. And though I do enjoy being comfortable, I wouldn't really consider it a prime directive. I have no problem disrupting my comfort in pursuit of something else.

You certainly do over-analyze This strikes me as NiTe super-ego.
    Oh, I intended that to be rather playful. Though it would seem I failed to make it that way. I don't mind doing this at all. It's just sort of a fact of life. Wouldn't my super-ego be more painful to me consciously?

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'd be cool of a Ni type to swing by. Surely they could spot a phone-y Ni base when they see one.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, SEI's can be very good at handling actions that deals with people in the present. Tactical know how that might apply beyond ethics.

While IEI might take it well into the future – strategic move.

I think this will help you to get grasp what means:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya

Do you identify with it?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh manipulativeness. I curious thing to be sure. Have you seen TWD? One of the villains. The governor, uses his Fe to get what he wants. I'm pretty sure he's either an EIE or IEI. I've often said that if I were to become an evil villain, it is he who I would be. I consider myself quite adept at manipulation. I know peoples hearts and how to touch them. But... I'm Catholic. And I've grown up in a delta environment. I'd like to feel perhaps more open to manipulate, but I also feel as if it is something that I cannot or should not do. My desire to use my Fe unrestricted, is matched by my reluctance to violate my morals. In separating from my IEE friend, Fi//Te ideals and the "serious" dichotomy are less pressing upon me. And so I have been more willing to do things she might have discouraged me from. And if I'm really honest about it, I am willing to be manipulative. And often times I am.

As an example, just now my dad asked for the flash drive he lent me. I still need it but I've been procrastinating actually using it for what I needed it for. So I gave it back to him so he wouldn't be mad. But when I finally get off my butt and start the project I was working on, I'll likely steal it back. I know where it is, and I'll only need it for a brief moment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Anyone can manipulate, not sure in the sense you mean, but that you say it's something you shouldn't do, then it's likely to be for negative purposes.

What you *do* care about, is what people think of you, which is Fe all the way, so that's what's most likely keeping you in check, not 'morals', at least, but those objectively set by your environment.

I imagine you're finding all this typing info confusing I look forward to see which one (type) you choose.
    Last edited by at sirac son of sirac; 12-19-2017 at 07:23 PM. Reason: typo

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, screw this. I know that I'm an IEI. I don't need to prove that to you guys. Or to myself (again). Am I wrong? Perhaps. But I'm confident in my understanding and my self-evaluation. And there's no real compelling evidence that should cause me to question that. Thanks all for your time!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but I want to say SEI. Your hair looks more alpha than beta. I don't know for sure yet though.

This is a very personal question and you don't have to answer publicly of course but a great way to find out if you are SEI or IEI is this:

IEIs like sex to be rougher, or at least more intense/passionate and politically incorrect. An IEI will need more to be turned on than just a dude erotic dancing, they will often want an ILE to erotically 'turn it up a notch.' This isn't to say SEIs are more boring in bed- but one's dual is an aggressor whereas the other is an infantile. The IEI will have to 'top train' the ILE too much, doing things the SLE would do with no hesitation. This can be a much more subtle/nuanced thing than what I am saying here- IEIs don't like to be raped or seriously abused or anything like that but ILE is going be too soft/not Chad enough or Alpha Bitch enough for them.

This is a compliment I hope, as it means you are in touch with your feminine side.
    Honey, there's a difference between being 'in touch' with something and downright bathing in it- but it really tends to hurt guy's feelings when you say that. I'm obviously pretty soft myself, but it still makes me feel better if people compliment me on being strong cuz that's what I've been socially conditioned to respond positively towards. Idk some men are just really soft. Thank God there's tough girls and soft men though, makes the world less boring.

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all. I expected to be challenged. As for my hair, I don't know what I'm doing with it, so I haven't touched it. Once I find a style I like that suits me, I will probably fail horribly trying to maintain it.

As for sex... Well I'm a virgin. When I have my day, I'm rather concerned I won't know what to do. In fact I'm sure I won't. I'd prefer someone confident so that things wouldn't be awkward. After that, I can't claim to know my tastes.

As far as caregiver vs victim goes, I'm not terribly fond of the idea of being a caregiver. I somehow ended up in that role with my former IEE friend, and I wasn't very happy about it. This is speaking generally and not specifically tied to romance. How romance bound are the romancing types? Victim, I suspect would be more appealing to me. There are places in life that I'm not confident in myself with, and I suspect that I'd prefer the confidence of an aggressor. Sex being an example, but not the only one.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Actually, screw this. I know that I'm an IEI. I don't need to prove that to you guys.
    You may try my bloggers examples to decide are ILE or SLE girls are more psychically pleasant for you.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I intended that to be rather playful. Though it would seem I failed to make it that way. I don't mind doing this at all. It's just sort of a fact of life. Wouldn't my super-ego be more painful to me consciously?
    When you mentioned that "going full on intuition" I actually had the same kind of hunch. (Like do you mean using or talking about intuition) And then you came back to it at the end of your post, and you did your playful mental masturbation about it. Anyway, that made me very certain about SEI, because I think it shows that your Ni is blocked with Te and not with Fe.

I can sort of relate to it from the inside because I have been in the superego alot myself.

Many SEIs have emphasized superego. If you stay with socionics you can learn to see it. It goes for many types. It's not necessarily painful, more like draining.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maneuvering through via explanations.

Never seen IEI do this. They point out where something doesn't fit and that is it. You hear just tell what they think. Then comes huge halt. Information from outside didn't fit in. Perspective remains quite singular but they can continue on their own path forever...
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You may try my bloggers examples to decide are ILE or SLE girls are more psychically pleasant for you.
    In general, I tend to prefer the SLE vs the ILE. This is true for both males and females. SLE gives me the impression of being more present and confident, which I like. Conversely, the ILE's seem to be more laid back, dull, and unaware. I feel like I'd be able to hold a conversation with the SLE's more easily.

When you mentioned that "going full on intuition" I actually had the same kind of hunch. (Like do you mean using or talking about intuition) And then you came back to it at the end of your post, and you did your playful mental masturbation about it. Anyway, that made me very certain about SEI, because I think it shows that your Ni is blocked with Te and not with Fe.

I can sort of relate to it from the inside because I have been in the superego alot myself.

Many SEIs have emphasized superego. If you stay with socionics you can learn to see it. It goes for many types. It's not necessarily painful, more like draining.
    What do you mean Ni blocked with Te? And what about it gave you that impression. I wouldn't be inclined to say that I find Ni draining. But maybe I just don't understand what Ni is. Could you explain what your interpretations of Ni and Si are, and what they tend to be used for?

From my perspective, I see Ni in myself prominantly. In puzzling things out, in interpretting behaviors and events, in planning or strategizing. in analyzing//comprehending others' perspectives, in just thinking. For me, Ni seems almost omnipresent and automatic; and thus I doggedly stick to typing myself as IEI rather than SEI.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post

Never seen IEI do this. They point out where something doesn't fit and that is it. You hear just tell what they think. Then comes huge halt. Information from outside didn't fit in. Perspective remains quite singular but they can continue on their own path forever...
    The question then is, is this sufficient reason for me not to be IEI? I don't really see why IEIs wouldn't be inclined to use explanations. And if I'm going to do Type Me thread but then not give any explanation for my actions, words, thoughts, etc. Then how will we get anywhere?

What exactly about me seems Si, if I may ask? Or perhaps a better question would be, what is Si? I'm confident in my understanding of it, but if it is present in me and I don't see it, then my understanding must be flawed.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe some other type.

To me in IEI is so very singular in their perspectives ( ignoring) it starts to bug me.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucenna
    In general, I tend to prefer the SLE vs the ILE. This is true for both males and females. SLE gives me the impression of being more present and confident, which I like. Conversely, the ILE's seem to be more laid back, dull, and unaware. I feel like I'd be able to hold a conversation with the SLE's more easily.
    First thing I thought was, you should be careful about typing from intertype relations to begin with, then the second thing I thought was - you haven't even had experience in interacting with them, ie you feel [you could] hold a conversation, not that, this has happened, that has happened.

You're just going to have to stick XEI in your signature for now, since you don't appear to be able to make the decision yourself, and also feedback given to you is not giving much of a decision for you either.

Nothing wrong with that, it's all good

Quote Originally Posted by Troll No 7

I've seen a lot of IEIs talk for long periods and it never goes anywhere, SEIs are the ones with the shorter explanations. How much in depth do you need to go when you're not a poetically inclined type trying to give words to things which might possibly exist? Sensing is simpler.

Unless we're talking about an Fe creative trying to make sense of information via the basis of it's structure, and then we're left with Ti mobilizing for both types.

Edit: On second thoughts,

@ucenna, I wonder if you could elaborate on the emotional manipulativeness you spoke about, i'm trying to work out if it's tactical or strategic. The thing is that you could just be being honest, but then, remembering how your first thread - ask me anything seemed like a way to endear yourself to others, but then you have flashes of 'the guard' coming down, it just makes me think that your intuition fails you and you make blunders in that area, which does make me inclined to think SEI over IEI, although, I hate this type of analysis.
    Last edited by at sirac son of sirac; 12-24-2017 at 07:46 AM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've seen a lot of IEIs talk for long periods and it never goes anywhere, SEIs are the ones with the shorter explanations. How much in depth do you need to go when you're not a poetically inclined type trying to give words to things which might possibly exist? Sensing is simpler.
    Mainly sudden shifts of alternatives. They just hammer things on and on. Granted that this is not that all encompassing sample.
    Maybe it is common to go more towards ignoring when you write something on forums. This would not be the first case.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

try ESE

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Si - A focus on your internal reaction/impressions of sensory input.
    This thread is good, especially posts 14, 18, 40 (as a trio), as well as posts 28 and one of the ones by user @Ananke.

Also considering that you've already decided for yourself what type you feel yourself to be, there is no point in people arguing with you about that. You will simply try to act more like that type because it feels like holding up a facet of your identity in the face of external misunderstandings. You're better off reading up on the theory for yourself at this point.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I've seen a lot of IEIs talk for long periods and it never goes anywhere
    That's a 9 thing that's why Jung's descriptions are so hard to follow.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ucenna,

Here are two women. One is SEI and the other IEI. However, superficially they are somewhat similar (age, appearance).

Can you guess who's who?

Emmanuelle Seigner
    Lisa Mitchell

Have you checked out IEI members in this forum? There is a recent thread with Olimpia who self-types IEI, and many agree on that.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm thinking ESE should be checked as well.

Is it HA? It seems that at least some sort .

(Seriously: A memory stick . It is kind of limited. Socially aware for sure.)
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is deffinitely a lot of Fe about you, but I can't really wrap my head around what your type is. It seems to be more of the 'comical' kind of the ESEs, rather than the 'tragic' kind, attributed to EIEs.

SEI and IEI could still be possibilities though? Not sure.
    Last edited by Chthonic Daydream; 12-25-2017 at 08:40 PM.

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Re: Si - A focus on your internal reaction/impressions of sensory input.
    This thread is good, especially posts 14, 18, 40 (as a trio), as well as posts 28 and one of the ones by user @Ananke.

Also considering that you've already decided for yourself what type you feel yourself to be, there is no point in people arguing with you about that. You will simply try to act more like that type because it feels like holding up a facet of your identity in the face of external misunderstandings. You're better off reading up on the theory for yourself at this point.
    Thank you. And well said. I am quite confident in my self typing, as am I confident in my understanding of socionics. Err... At least confident enough to be confident in my self typing. This thread was sorta more of a reconnaissance mission.

@ucenna,

Here are two women. One is SEI and the other IEI. However, superficially they are somewhat similar (age, appearance).

Can you guess who's who?

Emmanuelle Seigner
    Lisa Mitchell

Have you checked out IEI members in this forum? There is a recent thread with Olimpia who self-types IEI, and many agree on that.
    Let me get back to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I'm thinking ESE should be checked as well.

Is it HA? It seems that at least some sort .

(Seriously: A memory stick . It is kind of limited. Socially aware for sure.)
    I'd still favor Ne ignoring. I've just had an IEE as a best friend for 4 years. I've gotten used to pretending to be openminded.
    I am willing to reconsider my views in light of the right kind of evidence, but it has to be the right kind. The kind that pokes a whole in the foundations of my ideas. A large quantity of contradictions means little so long as they can be easily reinterpreted or maneuvered around.

As for ESE. I'm quite sure that I'm both Te POLR and Ti HA. This thread has reinforced that for me.

And as for the memory stick. In my defense, I needed it to make a live USB stick to fix my sister's computer. A live CD would have worked but I remember having issues with her CD drive before. I ended up restoring the boot record from the linux partition I had installed months ago and then reinstalling windows from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    There is deffinitely a lot of Fe about you, but I can't really wrap my head around what your type is. It seems to be more of the 'comical' kind of the ESEs, rather than the 'tragic' kind, attributed to EIEs.

SEI and IEI could still be possibilities though? Not sure.
    How dare you betray me?! </3 >.<

Thank you everyone!
    As for now, I am rather sure of IEI. ESE is ruled out because I am not Ti suggestive nor a judging type. And SEI is ruled out because I am confident that I am Se suggestive. Also, my Si is pretty bad.

So I shall where the IEI moniker for now. If I am not IEI, then time will prove it to me as I spend more time on the forums or in life in general.

Thank you all!

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing I thought was, you should be careful about typing from intertype relations to begin with, then the second thing I thought was - you haven't even had experience in interacting with them, ie you feel [you could] hold a conversation, not that, this has happened, that has happened.

You're just going to have to stick XEI in your signature for now, since you don't appear to be able to make the decision yourself, and also feedback given to you is not giving much of a decision for you either.

Nothing wrong with that, it's all good

Unless we're talking about an Fe creative trying to make sense of information via the basis of it's structure, and then we're left with Ti mobilizing for both types.

Edit: On second thoughts,

@ucenna, I wonder if you could elaborate on the emotional manipulativeness you spoke about, i'm trying to work out if it's tactical or strategic. The thing is that you could just be being honest, but then, remembering how your first thread - ask me anything seemed like a way to endear yourself to others, but then you have flashes of 'the guard' coming down, it just makes me think that your intuition fails you and you make blunders in that area, which does make me inclined to think SEI over IEI, although, I hate this type of analysis.
    Sorry, forgot to quote this one. I'm all but certain I'm tactical. My "Ask an IEI anything" thread is a good example of this. You're not wrong to suggest that my motives were to endear myself to the community. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. And really to call that or any other reasons for starting the thread. a motive wouldn't be exactly right. There weren't really any goals to that threads creation. It was more of a reconnaissance mission. Let us create a thread, and see where it leads us. Likely I will be able to have fun conversations with others, and it would be an effective way to participate. It shall go where it will, and I can follow or abandon it as the mood hits.

This thread itself in some ways follows a similar pathway. I originally started it on Sol's suggestion in the "Ask an IEI anything" thread. Not because I was uncertain of my type. Since SEI was suggested, I've taken that type into consideration. But, since then I've rereenforced my self ascribed IEIness. At this point, I simply follow it to follow it. Perhaps later on, I shall lead somewhere new.

As for intuition, I am rather confident in that. I often know the flow of events and people. I know how things will affect others, and what might influence their internal decisions. And I sometimes have a flash in which I figure out that one move I need to make to shift things in another direction. Or sometimes that flash isn't a flash but is the result of some mental effort. Sometimes I know how to influence the flow without even knowing that I know it; as when asked if such and such an action should be taken I m often able to predict it's results.

Conversely, Sensing is something I'm quite sure I lack. I'm rather clumsy. In my life; In the past I've full on sprinted into poles, and am apt to trip over my feet and get lost. I'm foresighted, but rarely practical in day to day matters. I struggle to mobilize myself to do things, and am often times unfortunately and unwillingly, lazy. It's much easier to think than to act. Also, I often struggle with very simple things that are quite easy for my more sensingly capable friends.

I am a fighter though. I like to defy reality and expectations. If told something is impossible, I'm often determined to prove the notion wrong. There is an anime, Fairy Tail. One of it's characters, Natsu, is a good manifestation of this trait. Like most shounen fighting characters, he's ridiculously powerful. But he seems underwhelming, and there's nothing obvious to indicate his power. It's only clear that he's strong enough to overcome a challenge when he actually overcomes it. But often times, when his opponents tell him that the same old approach isn't gonna work and he should just give up, he charges forward. He may not be the smartest person, nor always the strongest. But his ingenuity and ridiculous tenacity always pulls him through. And that is something that I both admire and aspire to be.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just by VI what comes to mind is EIE/SLI/LSI

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Just by VI what comes to mind is EIE/SLI/LSI
    How can u vi someone as eie then say sli lol. From fe lead to polr