Thread: sx/so- can you help me?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sx/so- can you help me?

Last edited by cookie123; 02-14-2021 at 05:09 PM.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds pretty Sx-firstm I'm not sure about the Sp blindspot though. Tell me a little more about your past relationships, have you always been in one?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is also how i experience my sp-blindspot. i also relate to both your descriptions of how the social instinct (and its issues) manifest in your life as well as the sx instinct.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    I'm pretty sure of my sp-blind spot. I wrote a bit about myself, maybe you guys can help me because I'm wondering if this is just me and if I'm really an sx/so or not.

I’d like to say that I don't have amazing social skills because I have some social anxiety. I’m quiet, although I don't mind speaking to people most times, I just don't like approaching people. Some people catch my eye and seem very interesting but most times I would never just strike up a convo, unless I have an excuse and/or an opportunity comes up where I have to interact with them. I fluctuate between being concerned about how other people perceive me and then not giving a shit. Sometimes I do find myself changing my behavior and then looking back and then scolding myself for it. But I wouldn't say I change my behavior a lot or that I'm desperate to be liked. I'm not popular and never have been. On social media I see people pimping themselves out for likes etc and I just think why would you do that? Even when I do get a lot of attention from my posts on social media it doesn't really bring me the kind of gratification it does with some people. I mostly keep to myself anyway. I would not describe myself as an assertive person, although I can have my moments, but mostly no.

I’m currently reading Meditations by Marcus Aurelius; I want to understand stoic philosophy more. I keep up to date with what’s happening in the outside world although I think most young people do since it seems to be the trend lol. It’s odd but I took a sociology class and got A's but I hated how theory based it was. I can’t stand too much theory. I would say I’m naturally more drawn to culture issues than political ones. In my early teens I would get super riled up by social injustices and was a bit of an sjw, although I have calmed down dramatically now. I’m quite wary of being so involved in social causes and group politics just because of how much it swallowed me up when I was younger. I still care but I’m not as one-sided as I used to be. This quote by Jeremy Paxman sort of explains how I feel about social causes/group politics “I don't believe there is a monopoly of wisdom in any one party. I suppose as one gets older – I would have described it at the age of 21 as the process of selling out, but another way of looking at it is to say, actually, the world is not a very simple place, and that as you get older simple-minded solutions seem less attractive.”

A self-preservation blind spot means being willing to sacrifice sp-needs in order to pursue the source of your passions e.g. putting food or sleep to the side. I personally can’t relate to the whole rock and roll stereotype sx/so types have. I understand the sx instinct as this need to immerse yourself in your passions etc. I can easily spend hours and hours reading about typology etc. I don’t remember a time when I haven’t obsessed over something. I just wish I could use this energy in a more useful way, like with my studies. I’ve been learning how to code and I know it’s a very important skill to have but I’m struggling to find the motivation to continue because I’m not obsessed with it. The sp-blind spot makes it hard to actually knuckle down even when I know it will benefit me. It’s literally like that with everything outside of my interests. I often leave assignments until the last minute, although surprisingly I’ve always managed to do well academically. I don’t believe in love at first sight but I do believe in crazy infatuation. The first time I saw my last crush the feelings hit me like a brick, suddenly I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I knew he wasn’t a great guy and that it was just my emotions clouding my mind, but I felt like I could’ve put up with his bad habits. I haven’t seen him in a year but I still think about him every once in a while. I honestly have no idea how I’d react if I saw him now. My feelings were so intense I almost felt like I hated him because of how strongly he’d impacted me.
    @cookie123, your description seems pretty similar to the way I experience the world. I'm not sure that everything you mentioned is enneagram-related, but a lot of it probably is.

I was struck by your statement that sp-last will sacrifice material security to pursue sx-passions. I do that all the time. Very constructive and insightful.

I also Lol'ed at your comment, "I felt like I could've put up with his bad habits." I feel that way about a lot of relationships, because who doesn't have bad habits? However, on the good advice of @wacey, I'm holding out for someone amazing.

I'm sx/so, so the way I'm searching for the certain someone (sx) is to use my extensive social contacts (so), which is basically what @Medusa said about how we are most competent in our second instinct, and use it to fulfill our greatest-need first instinct.

Money and things (sp) are not at all important to me. I could lose it all and I'd just start over. But a good relationship with one great person (sx) is what I want and need before anything else. I'm effortlessly able to navigate social waters (one guy called me the most politically savvy person he'd ever met), but I don't seek out groups. I can live with or without crowds, although I do like people and get depressed when I haven't had my dose of them, but that could be my extreme extroversion talking.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

The way you've struggled with social anxiety and used to be "riled up by social injustices and was a bit of an sjw" reminds me rather of an unhealthy So/Sx (with ) than Sx/So; basically, someone whose first instinct is vulnerable and means quite a lot to them. (Sx/So can also be concerned with those issues, but it is not their main concern; and SO is rather a relaxed instinct for Sx/So, whereas for you it seems more neurotic like a first instinct often is.)

Also, 2/3 of your post was about social instinct related things, and how you feel about them or what your experiences have been in that regard.
    That's another sign to me you care about SO more.

It is also more common for So/Sx people to be into cultural over political issues. And I get the impression you are rather synflow than contraflow.
    And yes, the "rock n roll" thing of Sx/So doesn't seem to apply to you.

So all in all, I find it more likely you are actually So/Sx. I'd agree with your self-typing as lead, though based on that post alone EII-Fi is a possibility.
    Have you ever considered that typing before?

P.S: So/Sx people can also get into obsessive or strong infatuations with people from time to time, it is not just SX first people who do.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    The way you've struggled with social anxiety and used to be "riled up by social injustices and was a bit of an sjw" reminds me rather of an unhealthy So/Sx (with ) than Sx/So; basically, someone whose first instinct is vulnerable and means quite a lot to them. (Sx/So can also be concerned with those issues, but it is not their main concern; and SO is rather a relaxed instinct for Sx/So, whereas for you it seems more neurotic like a first instinct often is.)

Also, 2/3 of your post was about social instinct related things, and how you feel about them or what your experiences have been in that regard.
    That's another sign to me you care about SO more.

It is also more common for So/Sx people to be into cultural over political issues. And I get the impression you are rather synflow than contraflow.
    And yes, the "rock n roll" thing of Sx/So doesn't seem to apply to you.

So all in all, I find it more likely you are actually So/Sx. I'd agree with your self-typing as lead, though based on that post alone EII-Fi is a possibility.
    Have you ever considered that typing before?

P.S: So/Sx people can also get into obsessive or strong infatuations with people from time to time, it is not just SX first people who do.
    While other perspectives are nice, you need better reasons than just feeling lonely in So/Sx (no pun intended).

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    While other perspectives are nice, you need better reasons than just feeling lonely in So/Sx (no pun intended).
    You are just making wrong assumptions.

If Adam hadn't quoted me, if wouldn't have responded to this thread, because I don't really personally care whether the person is actually Sx/So or not.
    I just thought, alright, I'll have a look and try to help.

Anyway, what stacking do you think they are?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"