SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Duality: the 2nd and 6th functions

Discuss.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discuss what?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How they interact in duality.

I'm wondering if maybe our dual is supposed to make us feel like our 6th function is stronger more so than simply providing it for us. (And vice versa, of course.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    How they interact in duality.

I'm wondering if maybe our dual is supposed to make us feel like our 6th function is stronger more so than simply providing it for us. (And vice versa, of course.)
    I think that we can encourage our dual to use their 6th in a light-hearted way, which builds their confidence. For instance, an ILE might playfully spar with an SEI to encourage the SEI to use Ti (and also get Fe in return.) I think it's playful and encouraging, which takes the pressure off.

Wanted to add that I think it can be disappointing if our dual/illusionary doesn't attempt to engage their 6th from time to time, and leaves it always up to us. Our creative function isn't "on" all the time, and needs a break and some feedback too. It's part of the dual interplay.
    Last edited by squark; 09-01-2009 at 03:05 AM.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the thing about the 2nd and 6th functions is that they like to dance a little bit before they get to know each other more formally. This breaks the ice while keeping the canned dog food to a minimum.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I will be blunt. What you are saying is an egoic delusion that has no resemblance or connection to anything, you are seeing an incorporeal ghost that is telling you a whole bunch of nonsense and jigger jabbish BS. A mazy mass swirl of colors with no substance or layers, you are talking out of your ego and thus you are just going nowhere. I want to understand the advanced economical structures and social systems of the world and naturally ascend to power by real intelligentsia, and get and stay there by ethical means. I am a king without his crown, basically.

Wanted to add that I think it can be disappointing if our dual/illusionary doesn't attempt to engage their 6th from time to time, and leaves it always up to us. Our creative function isn't "on" all the time, and needs a break and some feedback too. It's part of the dual interplay.
    What type of home do you live in? how many grams of fat are in your bread? When was the last time you hugged a child or petted a cat or done something selfless? Are you gay? I would like people to be more of a hedonist and focusing on real things only.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I will be blunt. What you are saying is an egoic delusion that has no resemblance or connection to anything, you are seeing an incorporeal ghost that is telling you a whole bunch of nonsense and jigger jabbish BS. A mazy mass swirl of colors with no substance or layers, you are talking out of your ego and thus you are just going nowhere. I want to understand the advanced economical structures and social systems of the world and naturally ascend to power by real intelligentsia, and get and stay there by ethical means. I am a king without his crown, basically.

What type of home do you live in? how many grams of fat are in your bread? When was the last time you hugged a child or petted a cat or done something selfless? Are you gay? I would like people to be more of a hedonist and focusing on real things only.
    I don't mean to be insulting, but I feel like a lot of your posts are some kind of bizarre performance.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    I don't mean to be insulting, but I feel like a lot of your posts are some kind of bizarre performance.
    hehe, true.

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    I have to agree with this. I read a lot of them and wonder why they have to be so theatrical to make a simple point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All you have to do to disarm the narcissist is pay attention.

@Joy: Sorry, like all threads, they all eventually turn into discussions about BnD.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    I have to agree with this. I read a lot of them and wonder why they have to be so theatrical to make a simple point.
    often they're hilarious though.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I think that we can encourage our dual to use their 6th in a light-hearted way, which builds their confidence. For instance, an ILE might playfully spar with an SEI to encourage the SEI to use Ti (and also get Fe in return.) I think it's playful and encouraging, which takes the pressure off.

Although I'm still in the early stages of learning about socionics, I think I understand the basic premise. It is difficult being the partner who has to perform the same function continuously. The underlying principle is that we can't always play the same roles or perform the same functions without a break. It's good to have someone share in the performance of a function, and having a partner who understands that helps. That way, they can take over and develop that function if it is their weaker function instead of depending on us to always fulfill it.
    Last edited by parcel; 09-01-2009 at 03:10 PM.
    EII

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, this! exactly my thoughts.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO. The use of your 2nd function would probably inspire them to use their 2nd function in a 'better' way.

So a ILIs Te would somehow become richer as a result of being in contact with Fi.

I also think the 2nd and 6th have aspects to them both which are similar, thus it appears that one dual is getting better at their 6th function but are instead in someway just getting better at their 2nd.

I'm not particularly certain of this btw.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    IMHO. The use of your 2nd function would probably inspire them to use their 2nd function in a 'better' way.

So a ILIs Te would somehow become richer as a result of being in contact with Fi.

I also think the 2nd and 6th have aspects to them both which are similar, thus it appears that one dual is getting better at their 6th function but are instead in someway just getting better at their 2nd.

I'm not particularly certain of this btw.
    I was going off of my personal experience with what I said. Your experience might be different.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    A mazy mass swirl of colors with no substance or layers, you are talking out of your ego and thus you are just going nowhere... I am a king without his crown, basically.

...I would like people to be more of a hedonist and focusing on real things only.
    Hope I'm not being rude, but do you read Walt Whitman? Because there's a lot of Walt Whitman-ness in that post. A lot a lot. Also, evidence for my theory that WW (the actual man) was an IEI so desperate for Se that he wrote a fifty-four section long poem wherein he had ultimate Se that he lacked in real life (if you wanna read it in socionics terms).

I was going to actually comment on the topic at hand, but then I saw a bunch of other people didn't either, so I guess I don't have to.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by parcel View Post
    The underlying principle is that we can't always play the same roles or perform the same functions without a break. It's good to have someone share in the performance of a function, and having a partner who understands that helps. That way, they can take over and develop that function if it is their weaker function instead of depending on us to always fulfill it.
    I don't think that this applies to the base function. There is annoyance if another person doesn't share in your base function, but that isn't any expectation of getting a rest; it's more to do with being acknowledged.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I heard of Walt Whitman, he was a homosexual too, correct?

I don't think we dual-seek "Se" as much as primal masculinity.

Also theatrics? I can be long-winded at times but I don't think I'm theatrical. Oh god I failed so hard in drama/acting classes.

Whatever. I am me. And you are you. What does it matter?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Homosexual? Yeah basically. Maybe bi... but pretty much homosexual. Se can be a metaphor for primal masculinity, can it not?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Homosexual? Yeah basically. Maybe bi... but pretty much homosexual. Se can be a metaphor for primal masculinity, can it not?
    I AM he that aches with amorous love;
    Does the earth gravitate? Does not all matter, aching, attract all matter?
    So the Body of me, to all I meet, or know. - WW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the 2nd function is the activator of their dual meaning the 2nd is not always on but when they need to do something it turns on and their turning on triggers the activity of their dual as this is the hidden agenda of the other type as this goes in both ways