Thread: My Grandpa

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Grandpa

died two weeks ago. I've always thought of him as SEI but at the funeral when people were talking about him, I realized he might actually be SLI. Tell me what you think:

First, he's very good with his hands. Worked for over 40 years at a tool and dye factory. Always could figure out how to fix problems. Anyway, he also gardened for as long as he could walk. He came up with solutions to physical problems all the time, like giving me a bucket of sand to keep in my car so I wouldn't get stuck in the snow.

He also looooooved to play the stock market--it was a hobby of his. He had a system he used that he tried to teach us (me and my brother and my dad) and stuck to it all his life. He read the Wall Street Journal every single day and kept track of his investments. He didn't like having anyone help him with his taxes (didn't trust people) and did them himself until he got too old.

His overall vibe, I would say, was "sweet". He always had this bemused grin on his face and would tell story after story after story once he had a listening ear. He also enjoyed children and would go to great lengths to give us experiences and do things he thought we'd like. He used to give me piggy back rides long after I was too big for them. He was always cutting out articles from various magazines or newspapers that he thought would be of some interest.

He was a hard worker, took on a lot of responsibility at his church both with finances and with the physical building. He was always putting in insulation around doors and windows. He once brought my parents raspberry bushes and rose bushes but since they're horrible gardeners, the bushes died after just one or two seasons. His own garden was a mix of vegetables and flowers. He also tinkered with cars and hated to pay anyone for something he could do himself.

He and my grandma were not duals. She's probably LIE. Their relationship was rough at times but there was a fondness despite bickering. It always felt like he was treated as a little boy. My mother never got along with him because she thought he undermined her rules for us kids when we were there (which he did, but he was trying to be the fun grandpa). My mom is IEE. My brother and I (both IEI) adored him! To me, that seems he must be SEI. But then I think well, he's our grandpa so of course! But then, I don't feel the same way about my LII grandpa. I mean, I loved him but it was wholly different.

Does he sound SEI or SLI to you? I guess I'm still leaning towards SEI but what do you make of the whole stock market obsession? And he really could think a problem through, I mean, a mechanical problem, and come up with a solution. He read vast amounts of non-fiction. Subscribed to National Geographic, but anything else too. Sometimes really boring. Is that Ne-seeking or Te-inhalation? He did always seem fascinated with how things work. The mechanics behind stuff.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    First, he's very good with his hands. Worked for over 40 years at a tool and dye factory. Always could figure out how to fix problems. Anyway, he also gardened for as long as he could walk. He came up with solutions to physical problems all the time, like giving me a bucket of sand to keep in my car so I wouldn't get stuck in the snow.
    This definitely sounds like ego .

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    This definitely sounds like ego .
    yeah he did stuff like that all the time! He came up with a tool for my brother to use, to help him strip the paint in the house he was renovating. Like he invented it (yes I realize they already have tools for that sort of thing). He thought he was coming up with something better. haha He was so cute!