Thread: Self Typings

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Self Typings

I've finally found my type whereby the Filatova portraits and intertype relations work for me. It has been a difficult journey because I had to learn many behaviors more indigenous to my Dual and Activity partners just to survive.

I first started studying Socionics in the year 2000. I have benchmarked others' typings against studying celebrities in movies, interviews, biographies as well as studied the people I come into interaction with in daily life.

For all this study, I am perhaps more expert than most yet am open and humble enough to concede that some of my suggestions from a distance are more certain than others. I will try to focus on knowns here.

Just to give you an idea of how often mistypings occur, I have encountered the following:

An SEI who self tests as ILI or INXX (me)
    A LII who self tests as LII
    Another LII who self tests as EII
    A SLI who self tests as ESI
    An LSE who self tests as ILE
    An ILI who self tests as IEI
    Two ILEs who self test as ILE
    An LSI who self tests as LIE
    An LSI who self tests as LSI
    Another LSI who self tests as XSI

And so on.

Yet, when one wades past the facades, false beliefs and forces the intertype relations - the foundation of Socionics - to clearly work, all of the ambiguities fade away across the board and at last one can know if they are self typing accurately or have had to adopt compensatory behaviors based on the lack of enough quality relationships in one's life which allow one to naturally be oneself.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    I've finally found my type whereby the Filatova portraits and intertype relations work for me.
    to use pictures from Filatova's book for IR would be funny

> I have benchmarked others' typings against studying celebrities in movies, interviews, biographies as well as studied the people I come into interaction with in daily life.

you may try my IR test

> Yet, when one wades past the facades, false beliefs and forces the intertype relations - the foundation of Socionics - to clearly work, all of the ambiguities fade away across the board

yes. IR help to understand own type correctly
    in case you want to get opinions of other people about your type - make a videointerview

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought of yet more inaccurate self typing to illustrate how common this is. But IR is valid and is clearly predictable. My advice is to let IR be a huge guide.

More:

The LSI who self types as LII
    The LII who self types as LSI
    The LSE who self types as IEI
    The IEE who self types as IEI, doesn't want to work, quests for knowledge and gets on quite well with an LSE ... and who resembles some ILEs in portraits but manifests semiduality with me as SEI

* corrected for autocorrect errors : /
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 10-12-2018 at 07:26 PM. Reason: I hate autocorrect mistakes!

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    to use pictures from Filatova's book for IR would be funny

> I have benchmarked others' typings against studying celebrities in movies, interviews, biographies as well as studied the people I come into interaction with in daily life.

you may try my IR test

> Yet, when one wades past the facades, false beliefs and forces the intertype relations - the foundation of Socionics - to clearly work, all of the ambiguities fade away across the board

yes. IR help to understand own type correctly
    in case you want to get opinions of other people about your type - make a videointerview
    Thanks Sol. I will look into it when I have time and no, I don't have that book.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@vesstheastralsilky did you type as ILI since 2000? or did you have other self typings? also what made you think you have a Fe-PoLR when it is actually your creative?

Also, even though I agree IR can be a huge guide, I don't think it is a good advice for people new to socionics because to type based on IR means you need to know the types of the people you interact with and then try to evaluate which intertype relation is this and since they can't type themselves it is more likely they will type others based on false stereotypes.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    @vesstheastralsilky did you type as ILI since 2000? or did you have other self typings? also what made you think you have a Fe-PoLR when it is actually your creative?

Also, even though I agree IR can be a huge guide, I don't think it is a good advice for people new to socionics because to type based on IR means you need to know the types of the people you interact with and then try to evaluate which intertype relation is this and since they can't type themselves it is more likely they will type others based on false stereotypes.
    I score in the genius range on IQ and logic tests for starters. That tends to make one think oh, I must be an NT. But this is not always the case with Socionics.

I first started taking MBTI tests in high school. I would get INTP. Or INXX. I just was extremely quiet and shy but very sensitive toward others, and would be careful to try to protect my feelings a lot because they went so deep. So I interpreted them as a vulnerability rather than a strength to be used for influence. Wanting to influence other people might be more of a Gamma thing than Alpha. I'm more interested in influential ideas ... for the betterment of everyone's quality of life especially the disadvantaged ...

I started studying Socionics intently in 2000. My studies have been on/off over the years due to typing frustrations and such but no doubt I've accumulated a better working model of reliable data than many newbies, at least. There have been times I thought I was INTp, INFJ a lot too. Even INTJ. I'm often in effort to try and be rational and understand situations even though I'm not good at retaining some factual data if it doesn't have emotional appeal to my personal life. I work better with systems understanding, learn what I must and then forget things if not needed anymore.

I think IR is critical or else the typings do little good.

Isn't Ni the demonstrative function of the SEI in Model A? Would this not give a big penchant for being imaginative? I am a very imaginative person yet SEI's are not often credited for this ability. People more take us less seriously when we express it, to put it mildly.

That being said, I know how to invent new jokes spontaneously to make people smile laugh or feel good as long as I am already feeling well enough. True to type, I prefer to hide if my personal emotional life is not going well due to others' behaviors which can depress if too evil or incompetent. I guess I spent years taking my ability in public relations e.g. a few low paying customer service roles etc. for granted.

Someone in this forum years ago tried convincing me I was ESE and I just wouldn't hear of it even though we experienced Alpha compatibility. I wish I had revisited my SEI suspicions then instead and applied intertype relations more effectively ever since.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only that, but 1) actual relationships tend to be based on many different factors other than type (e.g., culture and political ideology), and 2) overall relationship quality often isn't even something available (except if it's with yourself).

This is why I favor pinpointing specific dynamic interactions / conflicts that can be attributed to IM. It's not enough to say "so-and-so gets along with this person, they must be the same quadra." People in the same quadra often don't get along. It is an important consistency check on the theory but only when applied correctly.

Pairing it with VI...let's not even go there.

Isn't Ni the demonstrative function of the SEI in Model A?
    It's the role function.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I score in the genius range on IQ and logic tests for starters.
    cool

Isn't Ni the demonstrative function of the SEI in Model A?
    that would be the role function

Would this not give a big penchant for being imaginative? I am a very imaginative person yet SEI's are not often credited for this ability. People more take us less seriously when we express it, to put it mildly.
    I don't think being imaginative/creative is type related, maybe S types are more "down to earth" but that doesn't really negate creativity

That being said, I know how to invent new jokes spontaneously to make people smile laugh or feel good as long as I am already feeling well enough.
    wouldn't this be Fe+Ne?

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dyads often share a lot of curious behavioral traits between the two types in them. Different vocal inflections, mannerisms, etc. This seems to be automatic and natural. Beyond that, it's possible people have to develop traits of their duals to survive, like an ESI having to figure out how to develop the best repeatable algorithm for solving a problem that re-occurs frequently. The difference between duals can be seen more easily when you consider that more energy has to be used (typically?) in order to operate the weaker functions. So you'll get tired a lot more when you're using the superid and superego. An odd thing I've noticed is that, in critical moments, people can be better at using the DS function than the agenda, even though it's the weaker function. Also, skill with the superid tends to be severely limited by context and experience. That is, you might be excellent in using the superid functions when you're doing a task that you have a lot of experience with.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't have that book.
    I was about using of types pictures from it according to your:
    "I've finally found my type whereby the Filatova portraits and intertype relations work for me."

Those pictures are some useful for types' and IR impressions, as she typed better than accidental chance. But 1) If to take into account the general typing match situation, then with a half of her examples me and any other typer may disagree. 2) a single photo is not good source of type's info compared to IRL, videos and many photos like in social netwoks. So to use those her pictures seriously is doubtful by these reasons. In case you used physiognomy (like face traits which she took more seriously than should), then that was useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Dyads often share a lot of curious behavioral traits between the two types in them.
    Duals are very different types and have more of a difference than a similarity in nonverbal alike with "vocal inflections, mannerisms, etc."

I don't think being imaginative/creative is type related
    you'd better think what is written by Jung. imagination is N region
    but as creative you are in your strong functions

For example, Si types may experiment with new tastes but they have lesser chance than N types to create something good from the imagination. They more try different approaches and some happen to be good. If you'll deal with *SE - you'll may meet often new dishes which are not good, meanwhile they may do excellently a set of dishes and most dishes on a table will be such.
    Last edited by Sol; 10-12-2018 at 07:25 PM.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I was about using of types pictures from it according to your:
    "I've finally found my type whereby the Filatova portraits and intertype relations work for me."

Those pictures are some useful for types' and IR impressions, as she typed better than accidental chance. But 1) If to take into account the general typing match situation, then with a half of her examples me and any other typer may disagree. 2) a single photo is not good source of type's info compared to IRL, videos and many photos like in social netwoks. So to use those her pictures seriously is doubtful by these reasons. In case you used physiognomy (like face traits which she took more seriously than should), then that was useless.

I've literally spent years correlating data between people I know with celebrities in movies and videos and others' typings in search of the truth.

I've posted many findings as little guides in the Famous Types section for those interested. Sorry about new posts not filtered into pre-existing polls and thank you to the moderator(s) doing the assimilation there merging threads.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I first started taking MBTI tests in high school. I would get INTP. Or INXX. I just was extremely quiet and shy but very sensitive toward others, and would be careful to try to protect my feelings a lot because they went so deep. So I interpreted them as a vulnerability rather than a strength to be used for influence. Wanting to influence other people might be more of a Gamma thing than Alpha. I'm more interested in influential ideas ... for the betterment of everyone's quality of life especially the disadvantaged ...

I started studying Socionics intently in 2000. My studies have been on/off over the years due to typing frustrations and such but no doubt I've accumulated a better working model of reliable data than many newbies, at least. There have been times I thought I was INTp, INFJ a lot too. Even INTJ. I'm often in effort to try and be rational and understand situations even though I'm not good at retaining some factual data if it doesn't have emotional appeal to my personal life. I work better with systems understanding, learn what I must and then forget things if not needed anymore.
    Sounds so familiar, I relate to all of this word for word
    I am a very imaginative person yet SEI's are not often credited for this ability. People more take us less seriously when we express it, to put it mildly.
    Agreed. It's annoying. In my experience with ILEs, they'll listen to whatever you're thinking about and expand upon it, which is much more fun
    That being said, I know how to invent new jokes spontaneously to make people smile laugh or feel good as long as I am already feeling well enough. True to type, I prefer to hide if my personal emotional life is not going well due to others' behaviors which can depress if too evil or incompetent. I guess I spent years taking my ability in public relations e.g. a few low paying customer service roles etc. for granted.
    Similarly I've taken my sensing abilities for granted, and used to keep 95% of my emotions to myself, so this hindered my self-typing too.

I'm glad you've (hopefully!) found your actual type and I hope you enjoy it! I felt a lot of internal peace after deciding on ISFp, it fit right and didn't feel like I was trying to fit a mold. Welcome to the Alpha Quadra, haha And best wishes to you~

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Xaiviay