Thread: SLEs/ESTps and awareness of what they are feeling

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLEs/ESTps and awareness of what they are feeling

Are SLEs aware of what they're feeling? Or are emotions a side-note to the action? Do they even think about it, or not really? Maybe they know but they choose not to base decisions on it?
    Last edited by redbaron; 10-27-2009 at 05:43 PM.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all logical types are less aware of what they're actually feeling, but are still quite aware that they are feeling. Although, for ITps, its a different story when it comes to assessing self-feelings. The ESTp probably can feel much more natural assessing self-feelings, despite not being so good at it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I think all logical types are less aware of what they're actually feeling, but are still quite aware that they are feeling.
    Really? That's interesting. so you mean they just have a hard time articulating it? Or no desire to do so?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Really? That's interesting. so you mean they just have a hard time articulating it? Or no desire to do so?
    Hard time articulating and no desire would be of the ITps. I think ESTps probably have the desire, when it comes to self-feelings, and although they want to, they still are confused about their conclusions in it, the ethical-emotional realm being a weakness. I could say they can be overconfident in what they think about how they're feeling, but then the whole logic of it doesn't add up after a while to them, so that's where the confusion comes from.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel stuff... depending on the feeling I may be expressive or i may keep it to myself. *shrugs* I dunno. I just know that I do indeed have feelings... Sorta
    Easy Day

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I doubt it. My SLE father always had conflicts (mild though) with my EIE sister in this regard. Imo she's much too focused on what people might feel while he doesn't give a shit. Neither about others', nor about his. So often it appeared as if he was rejecting way too obvious stuff --- I mean stuff almost anyone feels after losing someone close etc. If she mentions something related to his internal state, he gets kind of pissed and brushes it off. Or starts diverting and projecting, talking about others. I sometimes think that despite being Fe inferior LSIs are more aware of this kinda BS because they're more introspective. Not sure though, since even when they concentrate on themselves the subject of analysis is not exactly that.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beta family? So lucky![/QUOTE]

who knows! My mother is ESI. I'm the product of a supervision relation.