Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default IS IT TYPE RELATED???????

MISANTHROPY¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

enneagram 5? i don't mean only 5s are misanthropes so don't be assholes.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, it's just me.

/thread

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

its annoying.
    who do you people think you are, the queen of sheba?
    (my grandma used to always say that to me)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i guess i do usually assume it implies self superiority but maybe i'm wrong. it definitely does for some people.

i have my moments of "ugh people are dumb" but they last like an hour tops. and it's usually when i'm fed up with OTHER people so i could be projecting that.

maybe i get frustrated because it's not fixable. like yeah people are flawed things..uh, want a whiskey shot?

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hatred of the human race is important. Without it we wouldn't have invented crucial things like tommy guns and agent orange.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    Lol, what's so annoying about it? I never took it to imply self-superiority.
    By semantic reasoning and newton's 3rd law of motion it kinda does.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

unless you hate yourself too

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure but laws of Newtonian Determinism probably don't strictly regulate mental causality. ;(
    METAPHORS :||||||

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A mountain of science exists confirming the fact that people in large part are dumb though. And not just in terms of raw intellect either—even intelligent people fall prey to a medley of cognitive biases and socialized distortions (e.g. politics).
    What sort of "dumb" do you mean, and how does one measure dumbness in a wholly unbiased manner? Or are you just referring to readily observable cognitive hiccups on par with optical illusions?

(I knew what you were saying, but was annoyed at the prospect of others literalizing it to reinforce crappy stereotyping... Sry)
    lol I figured you caught on, s'all good.

I can't really imagine who or what would be at risk of stereotyping and how though, unless "IEEs are actually rather stupid" is a new trope I was unaware of.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

A mountain of science exists confirming the fact that people in large part are dumb though. And not just in terms of raw intellect either—even intelligent people fall prey to a medley of cognitive biases and socialized distortions (e.g. politics).

Better to acknowledge this reality and be wary of it, rather than whitewash it away. Or worse, blaming oneself as if the problem is them and self-abnegating what they see as an artifact of "projection".
    i agree with all this, its just facts. i associate misanthropy with emotions like disdain and disgust.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yes it is

My LSE lover, after experiencing many failed relationships both personal, family oriented, and intimate, became a misanthrope until he met me years ago. Our love and relationship has developed to the point where he can comfortably come in contact and live among people

I love him.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa is making my liver hurt.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think misanthropy is about hating people but about hating the inherent shortcomings of the human race. Individuals are likely to have positive aspects to compensate so it's a group vs individual issue.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It is type related in the sense of how will one interpret the events of their lives; how is the person's psych structured to handle the disparity of human relations.

For example, no matter how many times I get screwed over, I have a self generating mechanism, emotionally and mentally, that allows me to view new relations as a world of their own distinctly different from the world of the assholes. So, in this way, no matter how an individual may hurt me, and plenty have, this does not translate to how I feel about other individuals.

I think this is because I have selfless love for people.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i agree with all this, its just facts. i associate misanthropy with emotions like disdain and disgust.
    Emotions are just indicators, not objectives. One doesn't aim to maximize happiness and eliminate disgust and hatred; without a pleasant mixture of emotions you lose the peaks and the troughs which drive competent decision making. Thing which are 'wow' or 'eurgh' become unclear and everything becomes banal.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type related, I dunno....

As a child I looked for the good in people but unfortunately one must realize that humans are really not very nice for those that have a purity or is it a naivety will sooner or later be be hurt/hacked away at/stomped on like ants by others.
    For humans are faulty and we suck and the systems which we as a society try to impose on one other are also faulty and suck.
    If only one still had that childlike mind with its lack of knowledge as to how humans actually are with loose screws and tendencies to dislike one another, to hate on and oppress.
    But I suggest not to be a miserable old hermit like fart thinking everything is doomed whilst hiding away from the world's inhabitants and restrictions.
    For even when weary and thinking that you may be alone with your views in this universe we can choose to treat others well, find ways to make happiness and enjoy each days toils.

Despite knowing humanities flaws I also know that all individuals have their good points and personally I try to be open minded and bring a liveliness to share within my relationships rather than any gloominess.

Be the best that one can be to another for we as humans have an equality and all have to go through this thing called life.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is exactly what is says on the tin, and misanthropy is exactly the hatred of people, so lul at your funneh other "meanings" trying to whitewash it. So far, the only posts that are of any worth are Shaley's bit and lungs' comment on "hating themselves."

I'm going to add Maritsa's comment made me smile, the part about coming in contact and living amongst people.
    Last edited by Absurd; 08-13-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

In my experience, it seems to be types that are the misanthropes.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, Gamma NTs. Has to do with victims passive outside/objective/impersonal perspective primarily on power dynamics, while instrumentalities of gain are the other attention point.
    Lack of regard to open-endedness of subjectivity and structures born in and out of it.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gamma-NT related
    i could possibly see it for ILI, but LIEs are often some of the more positive people i come across.
    Last edited by glam; 08-13-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i could possibly see it for ILI, but LIEs are often some of the more positive people i come across.
    I used to have some very misanthropic conversations with a friend (that tests as ILI) back in my high school days.

Actually, a lot of conversations I have with ILIs have a misanthropic bent to it. They seem receptive to the topic. I'm not necessarily a misanthrope these days, but there seems to be enough of the element in me that it can spark a rantfest.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not type related. Misanthropy is directly related to the amount of group work or community projects you are forced to do either in a classroom or at your place of employment. Furthermore, it is compounded by the amount of time you spend operating a motor vehicle in heavily trafficked areas. Unfortunately studies have shown these effects to only be exacerbated with age, exponentially increasing your abhorrence for humankind until you die a crotchety old bigot who can do nothing but complain about 'kids these days' and 'how easy they have it'.

Online gaming seems to have some effect as well, though more research is required before I can expound upon that connection.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Would holding the opinion that most people you meet will likely hold little to no interest past the first conversation count?
    'Cause it happens.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some type are more apt for self-reflection and this can lead to a misanthropic view. I also think that some types are more apt to keep going dispite their jaded (justifiable) views. I think it depends on ones personal relationships throughout their lifetime.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What does misanthropy have to do with jadedness? Nothing. Misanthropy has damn nothing to do with intelligence as well. Unless members in this thread who dub themselves misanthropes have been made fun in school by other kids for wearing their Star Trek costumes.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You wore Star Trek costumes to school?
    I'm sure grammar fills many of us with frustration and terror, but the answer is no. I'm not a misanthrope either. Nor am I a proponent of negative eugenics like your humble self, Ashton.

Positive eugenics is where it is at.

So addressing OPs plea to the nation, it's definitely not LSE 'related', although I can't speak for all of them. Must be Gamma...
    Last edited by Absurd; 08-13-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Would holding the opinion that most people you meet will likely hold little to no interest past the first conversation count?
    'Cause it happens.
    now i wonder if i'm actually kinda misanthropic myself cuz i'm this way.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y u makin me misanthrope ):

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh. Sounded like you was getting all E4 and claiming misanthropes can't be intelligent/jaded bc they've never experienced being made fun of for wearing Star Trek costumes to school [as you had].
    No, not at all. There may be something to people being made fun of, teased and stuff like that, that actually makes them react the way they do towards other people, humankind in this case, it having not met their standards nor acceptance.

Besides, I was alluding to people becoming misanthropes after such event. One is not simply born a misanthrope. It is acquired through conditioning.

I wouldn't describe misanthropes as lone wolves either, lone wolves are still wolves and they're social animals. Sharks aren't.

Basic psychology LSE aren't fine at, allegedly...

Furthermore 'not holding interest in things/people' as has been mentioned in this thread would be more likely a sign of apathy (plus something I'm not sure I want to mention) than misanthropy. But I can be wrong. I'm not a psychologist, heh.
    Last edited by Absurd; 08-13-2013 at 07:19 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    (snip) I think it depends on ones personal relationships throughout their lifetime.

yw

Might be a similar external behaviour but different word. Indifference rather than active dislike.
    Reason is a whore.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, I can't be wrong many times it seems.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

maybe all it comes down to is a lot of casual misanthropic statements sound either boastful or whiny to me.

"everybody is less intelligent than me so they should be euthanized" or "nobody has perfect morals and i am offended" blah blah blah.

humans are flawed. but you can deal with that knowledge in various ways that don't involve.. moping about it?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i'm kind of misanthropic. i mean, not hateful, but like jaded and disappointed.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    i think i'm kind of misanthropic. i mean, not hateful, but like jaded and disappointed.
    That's just the standard forum poster temperament.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My personal philosophy is this:

"Just because we are all selfish, that doesn't mean we have to all be unkind."

It's the ideal that I try to live by, cruelty and hate destroy - genuine love and compassion heals etc. And we all know the difference between teasing and trying for real to tear somebody down.

Instead of hatred or bitterness that people have their own self-interests, it's fun and interesting to see where our self-interests align with others and how they clash and the drama that ensues, there's usually something that somebody has for you to connect to them in some way and it's sad when people don't realize that.