Thread: Persons level of sociability and extraversion-introversion dichotomy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Persons level of sociability and extraversion-introversion dichotomy

i suspected for a long time that a persons level of sociability is more greatly influenced by their Subtype and Base type chemistry than by the pure dichotomial simplicity of E>I itself. For example, an ENFP-Fi is more sociable than an ENFP-Ne (at least by my observations) for the reason of S manifestation being more relevant than N in most social circumstances.... that is with respect to Fi being tied into Se. Care to agree or disagree?
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know socionics I/E is not about sociability and is not claimed to be.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know, you should stop talking about the dichotomies when referring to socionics types and discrepancies, kensi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    i suspected for a long time that a persons level of sociability is more greatly influenced by their Subtype and Base type chemistry than by the pure dichotomial simplicity of E>I itself. For example, an ENFP-Fi is more sociable than an ENFP-Ne (at least by my observations) for the reason of S manifestation being more relevant than N in most social circumstances.... that is with respect to Fi being tied into Se. Care to agree or disagree?
    I think some people are just more social that others due to their upbringing and environment. Sometimes when people are at a certain stage in life they become more or less social. For example in your late teens, early twentys there is a great deal of emphasis on getting together with peers to have fun and date and so on. Once a you settles down into a career or has a family their socializing grinds down. Your attention is more divided. You need to go to bed in order to get up the next day. You dont have money to blow on bar hopping anymore.
    I dont think finding your subtype is really all that crucial to understanding yourself. The real test is when you are in action. So many of us contemplate life too much instead of just getting out there and living it (myself included).

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, stop attacking dogs.

Socionics is not the axis of the world. Introversion DOES include sociability as one of its fundamental components.

I've observed exactly the same thing and came to exactly the same conclusions. I mean, I agree that IEE-Fi is far more sociable than IEE-Ne. And I also agree that the concept of introversion of Socionics is a little out of sync with reality; probably some abuse of Ti (it has a tendency to square things up even if they are not really squared in reality).

I'd like to hear more about this.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Topaz;428445]I think some people are just more social that others due to their upbringing and environment. QUOTE]
    this definitely is true but our reactions are a combination of learned behaviour as u mentioned and the ability to make tempermental connections in the flow of situations that present us.....what exactly this relationship is 50/50 or 20/80 i dunno.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    As far as I know, you should stop talking about the dichotomies when referring to socionics types and discrepancies, kensi.
    Seeing that this thread is actually about Socionics, perhaps it'd be best not to stop it just yet... Maybe someone could learn something.

In my experience, temperament is often a fairly good gage re: social introversion and extroversion--not in every case, but in many... For example, I wouldn't consider myself the most outgoing person... In fact, I've often believed that Ip temperament descriptions are more applicable to me, personally, than Ep temperament descriptions.

Thus when I read the INFp, ISFp, ESFj (they stopped me and said "no,") and ENFp descriptions to friends and family today, they thought I was INFp, (Fe-INFp, specifically.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    what do u mean? this comment would offend Phaed.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra seems to believe--correct me if I'm wrong, E--that Socionists should type based only on ID'able functions... It'd be nice if we could, except over the computer, this sort of analysis seems to lead to a range of mistypings, e.g. INFp and ISTj, easy to tell apart in real life, have been conflated online.

Taking into account dichotomies (E/I, etc.) can be useful in making sense of someone's type--generally, I've found it's best to do this AFTER first observing functions, as Ezra's post connotes.

Regardless, I've noticed the same as MikeMex and Kensi--the Fi-ENFp is usually much more outgoing than the Ne-ENFp... And I'm interested in hearing ideas as to why

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Ezra seems to believe--correct me if I'm wrong, E--that Socionists should type based only on ID'able functions... It'd be nice if we could, except over the computer, this sort of analysis seems to lead to a range of mistypings, e.g. INFp and ISTj, easy to tell apart in real life, have been conflated online.

Taking into account dichotomies (E/I, etc.) can be useful in making sense of someone's type--generally, I've found it's best to do this AFTER first observing functions, as Ezra's post connotes.

Regardless, I've noticed the same as MikeMex and Kensi--the Fi-ENFp is usually much more outgoing than the Ne-ENFp... And I'm interested in hearing ideas as to why
    well i agree with this..... how did i miss this earlier then?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point is that subtypes may not really exist. That is to say they are not inborn (I believe your type is inborn.) When I read the subtypes suggested for ENFP I agreed with both but at different times in my life.
    So the question is, do subtypes change or do the remain the same throughout a persons life? Think about your own life. Have you always been the same? What are your plans for the future? Do you think it will involve doing things differently than you have in the past? If so how might that affect how you view yourself? How might others see you as different than you are now?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.