Thread: Leon the professional

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Leon the professional

leon - sli
    mathilda - i dunno, iee?

i searched the forum and this was mentioned in a few posts as being a delta/sli movie. its one of my all-time favorites and i watched it like over a week ago and i told myself i wasn't going to make a thread but it's still in my head so here i am.

discuss.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Leon was LSI. But I could be way wrong. In fact perhaps I simply am. I also saw Matilda as Fe-ish.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hmmmm. Fe polr is what i had in mind and then i did that forum search and everybody said SLI so i was like "ok"

i could probably see LSI too but i'm not sure, trying to wrap my head around it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

damn. i dont know.

leon - istx
    mathilda - ethical

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I am kind of confused. now I feel like watching the movie again. I can see one picture of Leon as Si leading since he seems like he might really actually prefer to be more of a homebody and be with family (if he had a family) and learn to read and so on. I don't think he wants to be an assassin in his heart but he seems to have just been carried away by unfolding circumstances and responds to them and somehow he was shuffled into this way of life and he doesn't see an alternative and he didn't or couldn't say no. Perhaps he used to be military and this was already his skill set (I mean it had to be his skill set when he entered the country--and I can't remember but he's probably an illegal immigrant making things more tough?). it's also rather easy for that guy who's his boss to manipulate him regarding his money (what is that guy? SEE or something?) because he's such a softy. His "no women, no kids" rule also reflects his softy and kind nature I think. I also have this other picture of Leon as this incredibly order focused person who has trouble lightening up because he's so committed to his ordered way of life. what mathilda does is try to get him to lighten up. And that is the point, Leon is kind. He's a kind assassin and that's probably why he's such an endearing character. (I don't mean him being kind says anything about SLI vs. LSI or anything.) so, anyway, I'm not sure at all. I'm even less sure regarding Mathilda.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's getting worse. Now I'm entertaining Te leading for Leon in my mind. I think I'm going to take a hiatus.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've seen that film a long time ago. I think I was teenager back then, nevertheless it was fine. Would have to watch it again to say anything definitively definite but so far SLI and IEE isn't that off.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget Stansfield, best regards, Oldmanophile (who happens to suck at typing others).
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

stansfield - no fucking idea

thanks,
    oldmanophile2

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aivonua nainini View Post
    Don't forget Stansfield, best regards, Oldmanophile (who happens to suck at typing others).
    Good thing I have never typed a single celebrity. Some kind of ST, I think.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm mostly interested in mathilda, really. i relate to her but i don't know if it has anything to do with type. ILE was also suggested for her elsewhere. ???

i like and agree with your analysis of leon @Loki, but i can't sort anything out of it re: his type either. i'm not sure if his being a softy is why he lets his boss keep his money though. i thought it had more to do with just not having much use for having a lot of money lying around and having a lot of trust for his boss (which could be interpreted as being a softy, i guess).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omgomg I love this movie.

I have trouble seeing seeing Leon as Si-leading - there is no attention paid to comfort in any part of his life. The only time he relaxes (and this is made very clear) is when he takes a shower, and one time when he is sleeping next to Mathilda - his shoulders drop, he loosens his back muscles, the tension goes out of his toes. At all other times he is rigid and alert as fuck. Some type of ST, and I don't think he is an irrational. I guess ISTj is the only option, unless some can make a convincing argument that he has an extraverted ego.

I could believe Mathilda as ILE, or IEE. No other ethical type other than IEE though, because look at the clothes she wears. I mean I have nothing against it, and she totally rocks all the outfits, but they are weird.

Is Stansfield Gary Oldman? (sorry it's been a while). If so, he is a psycho and therefore makes the typing all the more difficult. Some type of control-freak Gamma or Delta rational.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think Mathilda is ILE or IEE. Leon is SLI.

I just realize Mathilda is like Foxxxy............... and she's never even seen that movie.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrysidecar View Post
    No other ethical type other than IEE though, because look at the clothes she wears. I mean I have nothing against it, and she totally rocks all the outfits, but they are weird.
    Are weird clothes type related?
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i think its going to be a problem where everybody wants the characters in their quadra.

omgomg I love this movie.

I have trouble seeing seeing Leon as Si-leading - there is no attention paid to comfort in any part of his life. The only time he relaxes (and this is made very clear) is when he takes a shower, and one time when he is sleeping next to Mathilda - his shoulders drop, he loosens his back muscles, the tension goes out of his toes. At all other times he is rigid and alert as fuck. Some type of ST, and I don't think he is an irrational. I guess ISTj is the only option, unless some can make a convincing argument that he has an extraverted ego.
    he needs to be rigid and alert for his job and i don't really see delta Si as being about fluffy blankets and cake.

i'm reminded of his milk habit, which i could see people attributing to either Si or Ti depending on how they wanted to look at it.

I could believe Mathilda as ILE, or IEE. No other ethical type other than IEE though, because look at the clothes she wears. I mean I have nothing against it, and she totally rocks all the outfits, but they are weird.
    no. not only is this a silly thing to base a type on but at her age i doubt she was even choosing her own clothes.

Is Stansfield Gary Oldman? (sorry it's been a while). If so, he is a psycho and therefore makes the typing all the more difficult. Some type of control-freak Gamma or Delta rational.
    yes. and i do agree about rational, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I just realize Mathilda is like Foxxxy............... and she's never even seen that movie.
    what are you talking about?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i'm not sure if his being a softy is why he lets his boss keep his money though. i thought it had more to do with just not having much use for having a lot of money lying around and having a lot of trust for his boss (which could be interpreted as being a softy, i guess).
    right, but didn't his boss push that angle. If Leon wants his money for something, his boss is like, "what can you really do with all that money anyway? let me keep it for you until you *really* need it?" I thought that he was kind of simply not paying Leon. I thought Leon knew too, but for one I think his lack of education made him easier to take advantage of, but also for two, I think he did trust his boss and he well yes doesn't need the money badly enough to make a big deal out of the arrangement so he's not gonna fight him about it. and his money may well be safer with the boss--if he's an illegal immigrant it's not like he can get himself a bank account & maybe being a criminal it's safer not to (so this is like the mafia equivalent of a bank). I can't remember what happened at the end regarding the $ and Mathilda. I probably saw him as not taking a firm stand regarding his pay, but maybe he didn't need to. I need to watch it again.

Adding on, I think I saw the boss as wanting to keep Leon because he's so incredibly useful (he's invaluable). So the bosses manipulations extend beyond the money. He doesn't want Leon to elevate himself in life or increase his expectations because that would mean he might lose him. So as much as I think the boss likes Leon and does care about him, he's also trying to keep him down in a way. That was at least how I think I saw it. Leon has a kind and humble nature and he allows this and maybe this all fed into using the word "softy."

And adding on again, Leon really is in a powerless position more so if he's an illegal immigrant. If he goes against his boss, he won't have the upper hand. He's almost an indentured servant. His boss does not have to pay him basically and there's nothing Leon can do about that. So perhaps it's futile and he knows it is. And actually maybe this pay thing is all just a charade. He does things for his boss and in exchange his boss gives him enough to live and an association with his own group of criminals (which offers some semblance of protection) and a place to belong. And that's all it is. Any time Leon asks for money he maybe knows it isn't really his money and that's why he asks so politely because he knows his boss doesn't have to give him anything.

The other angle is that Leon may be sympathetic to his boss and his needs. Maybe they're not the most financially wealthy criminal outfit to begin with. Maybe the boss isn't so good with money.
    Last edited by marooned; 05-24-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no. not only is this a silly thing to base a type on but at her age i doubt she was even choosing her own clothes.
    I will have to disagree with all of this. Clothing can definitely be a useful thing to determine type, though not in all cases, i.e., if the person has no choice in what clothing they have to wear.

I don't think that's the case with Mathilda though. Her style is too specific and not normal for this to be unintentional. Even if she didn't pick the clothes herself, still the director has thought a lot of what he wants her image to be.

Also, if you are suggesting she had to wear hand-me-downs, or whatever was cheap and available, that still wouldn't make sense bc her clothes are nothing like her mother's, or her older sister's. And as young as she is, she still has an opinion on how she should look (she smokes a cig in the hallway, she accessorizes, she knows exactly how to dress when they play dumb charades..etc.)
    IEI 4w5

Do I still cross your mind?
    Your face still distorts the time

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

quirky outfits = "no other ethical type other than IEE" just doesn't work for me though.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I can see one picture of Leon as Si leading since he seems like he might really actually prefer to be more of a homebody and be with family (if he had a family)
    The pot plant?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
    The pot plant?
    because he had a plant??? (not really...)

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

because he had a plant??? (not really...)
    He loved that little dude..!

But seriously (not very seriously)... it was that little bit of comfort and familiarity that his lifestyle could allow (as I recall). It had no other functional purpose than to be cared for and make him feel better (unless I am forgetting something key, which is possible). Didn't he say it was his best friend at one point? It served as an important representational device anyway, so it is something to take into consideration.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved this movie.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
    it was that little bit of comfort and familiarity that his lifestyle could allow (as I recall). It had no other functional purpose than to be cared for and make him feel better
    well, when you put it that way. I forgot about the plant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quirky outfits = "no other ethical type other than IEE" just doesn't work for me though.
    From my real life observation, the only females I know whose dress sense is really wacky are ENXps. Female EXFjs, INFx, and even ESFps all more or less set the norm for feminine style. EXFjs particularly.
    IEI 4w5

Do I still cross your mind?
    Your face still distorts the time

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just downloaded this movie (using entirely legal means, I assure you), so I'll watch it in the next day or so. Female ILEs make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Great movie and I can see SLI for Leon and IEE for Mathilda.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was LSI and she was EIE.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

from what i've gathered the question of their types will always go unanswered.

does anyone feel like attempting to put forward an unshakeable case?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FTR, I do not feel the need for either of them to be in my quadra whichever quadra that is nor do I feel I deeply relate really to either of them. I was planning on re-watching the movie. I've been coming around in my mind to Leon as Delta ST at least (at least I think...). I also don't really agree that people's suggestions are necessarily coming from wanting to see the characters in their quadra.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I also don't really agree that people's suggestions are necessarily coming from wanting to see the characters in their quadra.
    yeah in retrospect i think you're right. i was just kind of flabbergasted at hkkmr's suggestion of ILE for mathilda and extrapolated from that too much.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

yeah in retrospect i think you're right. i was just kind of flabbergasted at hkkmr's suggestion of ILE for mathilda and extrapolated from that too much.
    I type Luc Besson SEI so this is why I would type Mathilda ILE but I can see why IEE's can relate. Anyways, Mathilda reminds me a lot of Foxy here on the forum.

He's only the writer/director of the movie and imo Mathilda is a bit of a projection of his dual.

As an artistic endeavor, it would be impossible for people to not type as they relate to the characters, but there is no clear typing as these are fictional characters. If anything only the hand of the writer and director could possibly guide the typing of these fictional individuals and often for artists, their purpose is not to make definitive characters either.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Leon SxI
    Mathilda ILE

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    i don't really see delta Si as being about fluffy blankets and cake.
    you see it correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by sociotype.com description of Si in SLI
    SLIs are often not concerned with maintaining appearances or upholding the aesthetics of others. They can be rather spartan in their living needs, requiring little luxury as opposed to functional items -- although if they decide an item is necessary, they often do not hesitate to buy the best product possible. They often have very moderate, comfortable dress. They are, however, often proactive in matters pertaining to the functionality of their living conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratiyevskaya description
    In their homes, SLIs don't tolerate superfluous unnecessary things and throw them out without regrets. In everyday life they know how to get by with very little. They know how to create a sensation of coziness and comfort in any conditions and under any circumstances.
    istp is stereotypically a low maintenance utilitarian type.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jean Reno - INTP - Balzac