Thread: Socionics Series Typing 1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Socionics Series Typing 1

I'm going to try this new series of people to see if you guys can get on the same page about types.

So what type do you think this guy is and why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO3lxKoE18M
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Willyum Take4 View Post
    I don't think getting people 'on the same page' with socionics will ever work, considering how subjective and unmeasurable it is.

But for argument's sake, I'll play. I vote ESE for this guy. His positive energy and enthusiasm and desire to make cooking fun it seems, rather than just a 'how-to'.
    How about Miss Kay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17QtryomY4U
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO3lxKoE18M
    ISFP. while you think him ESTJ, I suppose

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    ISFP. while you think him ESTJ, I suppose
    No I think he is ESFp because he concentrates on exterior looks sensing of food Where in the video do you get the sense of comfortable and pleasurable feelings that he relates to food? I don't see Si.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Okay so first guy is Se base SEE. While the second is ESE. Stereotypes aside please look for information that is conveyed along the lines of Se Si. Fe and Fi are much harder to spot

See relates to the external properties of an object

Introduction to Se

Extroverted sensing is an extroverted, irrational, and static information element. It is also called Se, F, volitional sensing, or black sensing. Se includes the ability to attain high level of awareness of the physical aspects of one's reality, to know how much physical force or power is latent or required, to be able to accurately estimate properties of material sort.

This is Si

Si is associated with the ability to internalize sensations and to experience them in full detail. Si focuses on tangible, direct (external) connections (introverted) between processes (dynamic) happening in one time, i.e. the physical, sensual experience of interactions between objects. This leads to an awareness of internal

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-by-Functions
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-02-2016 at 03:17 PM.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't see Si.
    this needs practice

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

this needs practice
    Please stop that. Listen to his words. Listen and try to discern information
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

this needs practice
    On one hand when one does Se, senses the object, they block out or ignore Si so he won't take in or internalize sensation. He doesn't from the onset. While Miss Kay takes in sensation as she eats her macaroni and cheese when she says "ummmm...."
    -

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so first guy is Se base SEE. While the second is ESE. Stereotypes aside please look for information that is conveyed along the lines of Se Si. Fe and Fi are much harder to spot

See relates to the external properties of an object

Introduction to Se

Extroverted sensing is an extroverted, irrational, and static information element. It is also called Se, F, volitional sensing, or black sensing. Se includes the ability to attain high level of awareness of the physical aspects of one's reality, to know how much physical force or power is latent or required, to be able to accurately estimate properties of material sort.
    Taking this literally, it would mean that a person who is prone to breaking things is unlikely to be Se - you know, the sort who "doesn't know their own strength" but finesse and proper execution of force in even fine motor skills is good use of Se - which rather changes the whole brute stereotype that some people have for Se-leads. Playing with the idea a little bit more, someone like a highly skilled racecar driver has excellent use of Se, because it's both proper use of force and awareness of environment, as well as many athletes. (Runners and cyclists don't need much Se based on this definition, nor do weightlifters really because they just put all their force into the weight and it lifts or it doesn't, there's no real calculation there of amount of force needed)

It's a fun idea to play with, but how accurate is it - can't people of all types learn these skills? While you can know your own natural tendencies, how do you determine whether something is innate to another person, or if that person has developed skill in an area by focusing on it and practicing it? Perhaps they wouldn't do so if they didn't value the element to begin with - so idk maybe a moot point, unless particular elements are more culturally valued in the environment they were raised in than others. Little kids definitely have innate abilities that are very obvious, so I suppose they would be easier to type.

Just "thinking out loud" while I wait for my coffee to brew, didn't think you would mind the detour on your topic.

Edit: Thinking out loud some more. I suppose a Si racecar driver could be equally skilled, but it would be through the sense of interaction between objects, and a sort of feeling part of the vehicle he is controlling. You know how some athletes of various sports talk about being one with sporting gear and getting into a flow, rather than overt control over an object - if that makes sense.

Se would be overt control over objects and a finesse in utilizing them, Si would be more "zen" about it and feel part of the object they are controlling perhaps.
    Last edited by squark; 03-03-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Taking this literally, it would mean that a person who is prone to breaking things is unlikely to be Se - you know, the sort who "doesn't know their own strength" but finesse and proper execution of force in even fine motor skills is good use of Se - which rather changes the whole brute stereotype that some people have for Se-leads. Playing with the idea a little bit more, someone like a highly skilled racecar driver has excellent use of Se, because it's both proper use of force and awareness of environment, as well as many athletes. (Runners and cyclists don't need much Se based on this definition, nor do weightlifters really because they just put all their force into the weight and it lifts or it doesn't, there's no real calculation there of amount of force needed)
    I agree with this. The other day my LSI partner told me, "you're not aware of how much force you're using." He was trying to prove why I'm not a good driver, but when he said this it felt like an explanation of one of my weaknesses in general.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's a fun idea to play with, but how accurate is it - can't people of all types learn these skills? While you can know your own natural tendencies, how do you determine whether something is innate to another person, or if that person has developed skill in an area by focusing on it and practicing it? Perhaps they wouldn't do so if they didn't value the element to begin with - so idk maybe a moot point, unless particular elements are more culturally valued in the environment they were raised in than others. Little kids definitely have innate abilities that are very obvious, so I suppose they would be easier to type.

Just "thinking out loud" while I wait for my coffee to brew, didn't think you would mind the detour on your topic.

Edit: Thinking out loud some more. I suppose a Si racecar driver could be equally skilled, but it would be through the sense of interaction between objects, and a sort of feeling part of the vehicle he is controlling. You know how some athletes of various sports talk about being one with sporting gear and getting into a flow, rather than overt control over an object - if that makes sense.

Se would be overt control over objects and a finesse in utilizing them, Si would be more "zen" about it and feel part of the object they are controlling perhaps.
    I know SEE who break things all the time because they expand too much force without good awareness their expansion
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is SLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HsWZdKKBGg

common ways to notice

emphasis on the sense "it's delicious"

This is LSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq-nNfUrgNc

common ways to notice

"think about it..." and "tasty" and talks a lot
    -

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know SEE who break things all the time because they expand too much force without good awareness their expansion
    Well, now you're just not being objective anymore. hehe

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This thread doesn't belong in socionics discussion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, now you're just not being objective anymore. hehe
    I love you
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Willyum Take4 View Post
    Do you still think that looking at coffee is Se? Please don't hate, it's a legitimate question. From a couple of years ago, you argued that a picture of someone looking at a cup of coffee meant that they were SEE. My perspective is different, but I'm just trying to see if yours has changed at all.
    observing the external properties are se
    -

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love you

This thread doesn't belong in socionics discussion.
    Pshaw. Ridiculous.