0 0%

Thread: Herzy's type

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hey Herzy, welcome back! I don't think I ever doubted your SLE typing a while back and I still don't now so I still type you as SLE.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Hi! How's my old traveler doing?
    I'm doing good Herzy, how about you? It's nice to see you back, just like old times.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*plonks self in the corner and sparkles*
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also, throw in your opinions on my enneagram type and stacking while we're at it.
    Wooop
    What would your reasoning behind your self-type (7w8 Sx/So) be?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honestly, I went with it because this is what everyone who knows me well has agreed on. It seems to fit best in my overall life patterns through ups and downs, whereas other possibilities (e.g., 3w4) only seem realistic under specific, externally-driven circumstances. The stacking I'm least certain on because there's so much vague and conflicting information out there.

Maybe I should make a video. I'd need prompts to talk about, though.
    Cool! <3 Try these first if you want: a, b, c. The third one was especially accurate, I tried to type someone else separately and then with that test and it was accurate.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The first test gives 82% sx, 50% so, 30% sp. The second test gives me 7w8, sp. But then by the third test, I'm SP last by far. See, contradictions. And who wouldn't pick all 5s for sx on the last test?
    Those aren't contradictions, it's pretty clear except the second one Especially as you generalize the SX questions while it only applies to you.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well that settles it!
    God, I wish there were some actual type drama.
    Okay people who remember me @Starfall, @Raver, what if I told you all I was ILE? I actually considered that recently because my job basically requires me to be dom. Convince me otherwise!
    I will not rule out ILE completely as a possibility, but I still think you're most likely SLE regardless, which I will elaborate on. For instance, my job requires me to have strong and strong , which is odd considering that they are both my 2D functions. When I first started my job, I was quite awful at it at first. However, after enough experience and time, I became a lot better at it until I became competent at it.

Part of it is simply learning the actual job and knowing how to do it via rote memorization, which is not Socionics related at all. However, the other part is actually improving my and to the minimum standards required for the job. It wasn't enough to actually memorize what to do, I had to actually develop the skill and knowledge that was required in order to become competent at my job and that included improving my and .

is your role function so it is not impossible for you to do a job that requires even though it is a 2D function for you. Unlike your hidden agenda, which you have the desire to improve constantly throughout your life because you enjoy using the function and want to get better at it. In order for your to be developed to a sustainable level for your job, it must reach two levels of requirements:

1. There must be a need for your role function to improve. For example, a job would definitely fit that requirement as you would definitely need to improve your role function function if it was required. There are other ways for your role function to improve though like being in an environment or individuals where it was constantly required would create the need for improvement of your role function.

2. However, the need to improve your role function is not enough, it must encourage a desire to improve it. Unlike your hidden agenda, the role function is not something you consciously want to improve. The desire has to be created through positive reinforcement. If you're in an environment or around individuals that shuns your role function and rewards you for not using it and ignoring it then naturally you will shut off your role function because you're not good at it and you're rewarded for not using it.

However, if you're in an environment or around individuals that encourages usage of your role function then it will develop gradually and improve over time. Eventually, you will actually start to develop the desire independently to improve your role function because you have seen the positive effects emerge from it. An important thing to note is that the role function will never be as good as your dominant function. You can only make your role function reach competent levels, but never levels of exemplary performance.

So to sum it all up, it's not impossible for an SLE to do a job that required given that the circumstances were appropriate. Also, the way you have used at the past reminded me of the way SEEs and SLEs I know have used .

This link elaborates on my point further: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/functions/Super-Ego:

When a person is actively using his base function, the role function is essentially turned off. The two cannot both be "on" at the same time, because they represent two opposing approaches to similar things. Because of this opposition, the more one gets carried away with one's base function, the more the role function is ignored or suppressed. People are generally somewhat aware of this suppression and perceive it as a personal weakness that needs to be "worked on" in order to meet other people's expectations and achieve something in society.

It is typical for people to periodically work on their role function in order to correct imbalances in their life and improve their weak areas. However, these attempts are generally sporadic and are forgotten as soon as the perceived problem begins to go away and the person once again becomes carried away with their usual lifestyle which is dominated by their base function. Thus, development of the role function is more like patching up leaks than building a complete, self-sufficient structure. Often individuals wish they could build up their role function and become "supermen", but an excessive focus on this unreachable goal brings disappointment, because the base function always wins anyways.

When people are criticized for their lack of attentiveness to their role function, they are often irritated because they are already well aware of the deficiency and have already tried and failed to correct it. When problems arise with the role function, energy flows away from the base function, the individual brings his usual activities to a halt, and tries to pick up all the tasks he had been neglecting. Directing energy through the base function is effortless; working with the role function requires effort and concentration. Thus, people's concept of self-development is often centered on development of the role function and the Super-Ego block in general.

Compared to the vulnerable function, role function criticism is easier for a person to respond to or dismiss, since they believe that it has some value, in theory. The role function is triggered situationally, when individuals are met with situations that oppose their base aspect of reality. The base function only accepts information relating to its information aspect, and other information cannot be produced into new data with the creative function.
    Last edited by Raver; 02-08-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yeah, that makes sense. What's interesting is that I haven't felt like myself during the past few years I've been at my job. Part of it is that there are so many Alpha NTs and Delta NFs where I am, that I feel like I have to tone myself down like crazy in order to get along with anyone. The job itself (outside interactions with coworkers) requires a finesse with on-the-spot, and it stressed me out a lot when I first started. It's not nearly as bad right now, but it's not something I could see myself continuing indefinitely.
    Yeah, the fact that you get stressed out when doing your job rather than it coming naturally to you or at least picking it up quickly proves that you are SLE more than anything. Over time, you got better at it and were able to do it competently, but that's normal for anyone learning to do something that is not one of their strengths. Even then, it will still not be something that is easy for you or you're amazing at, but you can do it competently with some effort.

Interesting. Can you elaborate on how you view doms' usage of in general?
    Well for example, I remember quite a while ago that there was this thread in this forum that was basically very oriented, which was making up a story on the spot and everyone would post a sentence. I made a few posts and so did you. Your sentences were usually something involving rape and other forceful like things. I honestly don't know how I still remember this, but I do. I know SLEs and SEEs sometimes have a vulgar aspect to their when they use it. Of course, I'm over generalizing and this is not always the case, but it's just one example.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

@Cassandra

i've fallen for you.
    I thought I was the only one.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Wtf is going on haha
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

You've entranced us with your . We can't think straight anymore.
    Yeah, I don't buy it, haha.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

EII?
    You or me.
    Haha.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Me.
    Yeah nah.
    We can rule out EII for you.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Yeah nah.
    We can rule out SLE for you.
    Why is that?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Why is that?
    Ugh don't do that haha
    I didn't say that

I just don't have a solid opinion on his type yet.
    I need to keep an eye on him more and maybe browse through his past stuff to get more of an idea, but I am not gonna do that right now.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Ugh don't do that haha
    I didn't say that

I need to keep an eye on him more and maybe browse through his past stuff to get more of an idea, but I am not gonna do that right now.
    do you have a crush on @Herzy?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Wtf is going on haha
    Herzy is back in kindergarten picking on you in that manner. That's what's going on.

@Herzy Yeah what is this, kindergarten?

Cassandra may have some weird ideas, but is this nasty crap deserved?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've all had a voice chat or something?

This is the more annoying side of Beta, I guess... But who knows, she might genuinely like the Ni (and require it, apparently).

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    They've all had a voice chat or something?

This is the more annoying side of Beta, I guess... But who knows, she might genuinely like the Ni (and require it, apparently).
    we chat on discord

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    do you have a crush on @Herzy?
    Nope, I hardly know him.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Nope, I hardly know him.
    Herzy is a woman

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Herzy is a woman
    Him or her, whatever.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

News to me!
    Sorry, girl*

Or maybe

?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

?
    This was posted in a highly ambiguous tone at best, considering the bigger context: post #29 in Satan's thread along with post #19 here.

Really, I don't usually care what bullshit people try to read into lines as intentions, but just because @Cassandra has trouble seeing something for god knows what reason making her stray off mainstream Socionics, I don't see the picking on her as deserved, by you or by others either or the accusations that she types people as whatever type because she dislikes them bla bla bla.

PS: I have nothing to do with Cassandra but I find such indirect picking on others disgusting.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

.(...)
    Good luck with growing out of the kindergarten and with learning to not deflect issues.

Not gonna bother with OT'ing your thread further, have fun with the typing game.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Thanks! I will!
    Like the good kid you are playing around. Lol

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Like the good kid you are playing around. Lol
    Herzy seems more playful than anything else. I've known many Se-doms that can come off as childlike/immaturely teasing. It doesn't mean they're infantile in socionics sense (this is just a general observation, not implying you think that, Myst : )). Actually, Se/Ne doms e7's can seem very similar over the internet, so I wouldn't draw too quick conclusions.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Herzy seems more playful than anything else. I've known many Se-doms that can come off as childlike/immaturely teasing. It doesn't mean they're infantile in socionics sense (this is just a general observation, not implying you think that, Myst : )). Actually, Se/Ne doms e7's can seem very similar over the internet, so I wouldn't draw too quick conclusions.
    Oh? I didn't think @Herzy was anything else other than SLE. That typing makes sense for her fine.

If she really was just being playful with zero other intention, why not simply say that. :shrug

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I didn't say that because it was obvious to, well, everyone!
    You think that, doesn't mean it's true.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Ok, obvious to everyone but you.
    No, I'm not the only one who found your tone ambiguous.

So. Next time someone misunderstands or finds your tone / attitude ambiguous in the wrong way, just tell them what your actual intention was instead of deflecting. Simple as that.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Like who?
    Me
    Make peace already

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Sigh

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I think what Myst said has a point... but it's not like it's a huge deal I guess.

But we're all big boys and girls here, aren't we... so why don't you just talk it out.

No offense, but some people here can be really immature...

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Like who?
    Guess some people answered that before I got here. (Actually I was thinking of someone else but they can say it themselves if they want to, if you really find this important to know. And, if you have any other comments/questions on the issue, feel free to say so.)

PS: this line was not intended to increase amount of needed Sorry folks for no more entertainment.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never in a thousand years thought you'd be back here, Herzblut. I would try to warn you not to get sucked back into the vortex but, as you can see, this place if kind of lame now, and there's not much risk of that happening...
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet