Thread: Help us make this interview a reality!

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help us make this interview a reality!

Posted from FB group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety/:

Help us make the Gulenko interview a reality! Instead of charging for this event, we are crowdfunding it so anyone can watch it for free. Once we raise our target of US$170 we will arrange a two-hour online interview with Victor Gulenko. Elena Ames-Hagba will faciliate and translate. The interview will be broadcast live on YouTube and remain there afterwards at no cost. Susan Elizabeth Harris-Gamard will gather questions in advance. Donors' questions will be prioritised, with donors over $15 at the top of the list!http://gogetfunding.com/project/vict...enko-interview
    N.B. Your contribution will be refunded if we don't meet the target and the project doesn't go ahead (minus any non-refundable transaction fees - 4% as far as I can tell).

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I join the world socionics society? And does Gulenko usually work for $85/hour?

TIM
    Fi-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi xerx, I'm another organiser of this event.

You can join World Socionics Society by clicking on the link, being logged into Facebook, and clicking Join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety/

As for our costs, here's the breakdown:

Gulenko's speaking fee: 2 hours @ US$70/hr = $140
    Western Union transfer fee: $10
    To cover crowdfunding website (4%) and Paypal/credit card (2.9% + $0.30 per transaction) fees: $20

We were going to do this as a webinar where everyone pays to attend, but because we could end up with far too little or too much money that way, decided to crowdfund it to get just the right amount, and be able to offer the recording free to the socionics community after that. So we ask people to consider how much you would be willing to pay to attend a webinar with Victor Gulenko, and donate that fee - with the bonus of knowing you are contributing a valuable resource to the community as well.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkavaun View Post
    Hi xerx, I'm another organiser of this event.

You can join World Socionics Society by clicking on the link, being logged into Facebook, and clicking Join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety/

As for our costs, here's the breakdown:

Gulenko's speaking fee: 2 hours @ US$70/hr = $140
    Western Union transfer fee: $10
    To cover crowdfunding website (4%) and Paypal/credit card (2.9% + $0.30 per transaction) fees: $20

We were going to do this as a webinar where everyone pays to attend, but because we could end up with far too little or too much money that way, decided to crowdfund it to get just the right amount, and be able to offer the recording free to the socionics community after that. So we ask people to consider how much you would be willing to pay to attend a webinar with Victor Gulenko, and donate that fee - with the bonus of knowing you are contributing a valuable resource to the community as well.
    Thx for the info.

Is there another way of joining and getting correspondence? I don't use Facebook over privacy concerns.

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Thx for the info.

Is there another way of joining and getting correspondence? I don't use Facebook over privacy concerns.

I will keep you posted here. At this point, we need to collect the funds. I think if we have enough for 1 hour, we will go with it too!

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How can I join the world socionics society? And does Gulenko usually work for $85/hour?
    Ask me about it when I'm so filthy rich that I compulsively wanna spend any cent on "Socionics scholars". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CO5vCwlKyQ

Oh and ask him why so much of what he says has little basis in reality. For his price per hour, of course.

TIM
    Fi-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Ask me about it when I'm so filthy rich that I compulsively wanna spend any cent on "Socionics scholars". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CO5vCwlKyQ

Oh and ask him why so much of what he says has little basis in reality. For his price per hour, of course.
    For just $15 your question could go to the top of the list!

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, is anyone asking Gulenko about his `energomodel`? Cognitive styles? Is this a general introduction to Socionics or is he talking about his additions as well?

TIM
    Fi-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, is anyone asking Gulenko about his `energomodel`? Cognitive styles? Is this a general introduction to Socionics or is he talking about his additions as well?
    The interview will consist entirely of questions submitted in advance - feel free to send us yours. Donors' questions will be prioritised but hopefully we'll have time for others' too.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For just $15 your question could go to the top of the list!
    That should be one of his major issues to consider as a scientist by default. He's not doing pure business after all. I would surely pay to hear more credible names of higher caliber.

TIM
    Fi-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That should be one of his major issues to consider as a scientist by default. He's not doing pure business after all. I would surely pay to hear more credible names of higher caliber.
    Feel free to submit a reasonable question for the interview.

so,gulenko is knowledge retaining

interesting

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Feel free to submit a reasonable question for the interview.
    you're cute to tell me how to feel, but if I had wanted to submit anything else, I would have already done it.

TIM
    Fi-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're cute to tell me how to feel, but if I had wanted to submit anything else, I would have already done it.
    "Feel free to..." is generally considered a polite expression, a way of offering someone an opportunity. It's not literally telling someone how to feel.
    Last edited by Ulkavaun; 06-11-2014 at 06:22 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Feel free to..." is generally considered a polite expression, a way of offering someone an opportunity. It's not literally telling someone how to feel.
    oh damn. I'm LSI, so just the facts, mam. Don't be gross with the non-literal&polite.

TIM
    Fi-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh damn. I'm LSI, so just the facts, mam. Don't be gross with the non-literal&polite.
    So you literally find me cute? I'm flattered, but I'm already taken.

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW! ahahahaha I am reacting to "higher caliber", of course. well, I see it as a consultation from him and I don't see anything negative in the fact that his time is valuable. there is no free breakfast and he doesn't have to do it after all. Plus, if each gives $5, will this person get poor? but of course people do find a lot of reason to bitch about life and "how dare you charge me for your consultation"... oh, well. :-) The budget is for 2 hours, but if we get enough for 1 hour, I think it is still good.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fetornado View Post
    WOW! ahahahaha I am reacting to "higher caliber", of course. well, I see it as a consultation from him and I don't see anything negative in the fact that his time is valuable. there is no free breakfast and he doesn't have to do it after all. Plus, if each gives $5, will this person get poor? but of course people do find a lot of reason to bitch about life and "how dare you charge me for your consultation"... oh, well. :-) The budget is for 2 hours, but if we get enough for 1 hour, I think it is still good.
    Do you fucking want this "consultation"? Then donīt be so bad at strategy and focus only on your goal here. Which is solely advertising Gulenko and not badmouthing others who are not interested in paid consultations of his. Who has ordered that after all, who needs it? You. Get the cash out of your pocket or, if you donīt wanna, at least donīt shoot yourself in the foot and get it from the crowd.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fetornado View Post
    there is no free breakfast
    Damn. But that's all I investigate Socionics for!

Ignore negative nancy Rosewood pls.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh, you. Donīt just be a positive Polly. Press the donate button.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, you. Donīt just be a positive Poly. Press the donate button.

I will if I attend, which depends on the time But then I was naughty and said that I like polls on the FB page. Fetornado can find me when she wants and the time is arranged, although she might have black listed me

I even added positive polly emoticons for your viewing pleasure

TIM
    Fi-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you fucking want this "consultation"? Then donīt be so bad at strategy and focus only on your goal here. Which is solely advertising Gulenko and not badmouthing others who are not interested in paid consultations of his. Who has ordered that after all, who needs it? You. Get the cash out of your pocket or, if you donīt wanna, at least donīt shoot yourself in the foot and get it from the crowd.
    I think we've both been rather restrained in dealing with your pointless carping, actually. We understand that you're not interested in this event. Thank you for that invaluable piece of information. Clearly you're a very important person, and it was essential for us to be alerted to your non-participation.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think we've both been rather restrained in dealing with your pointless carping, actually. We understand that you're not interested in this event. Thank you for that invaluable piece of information. Clearly you're a very important person, and it was essential for us to be alerted to your non-participation.
    Youīre welcome. Now you surely have more important stuff to deal with than try to mess with my interests and my opinions.

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks to those who donated. you can watch it here

http://youtu.be/U4iJxIQt4hA

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He should have been sitting there with a beer when they introduced him, and just held it out and been like cheers!.