Chronic Procrasturbator Nomenclature's Avatar
    TIM
    ESFp 3w4 SX/SO??
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A socionics newbie asks to be typed. :D

Alright, in order to avoid a tl;dr text wall, I'll just give you my current typings on other systems and answer whatever you think would be relevant.

E-gram: 3w4 SO/SX, but I'm tipping between 3 and 4.
    JCF: INFJ, but that's also debatable.
    Oldham: Artistic / Inventive

I don't expect my first typing to be accurate, but I want at least a starting point before I get into the theory in-depth. So go ahead. Shoot. (;

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HEY YO. What actions bring you self esteem and confidence and what in your life diminishes those things?

Are you introverted or extroverted or don't know (this is something we all probably know imho)?

Are you logical or ethical or don't know?

Are you intuitive or sensing or don't know?

GOGO not too much text now be concise
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOL you're a creepy guest

here it is:

1. Do emotions drain your working energy or can you work even though on the inside you may feel down?

2. Which are you more likely to do:
    A. Plan something and go over the plan before you proceed.
    B. Leap into one thing after another, working on the fly.

3. You've already indicated poor time management, does it stress you out when you have to be somewhere at a certain time; do you get anxious and tense?

4. You already said you're very good with organization. What system or methodology do you follow when proceeding? Do you use methods, work flow, or do you use categorization?

5. What activity is your idea of relaxation? Why?

6. What activity is your idea of "fun"? Why?

7. What quality or trait do you envy or wish you had? Which ones do you envy in others?

8. Do you have a single track mind or prefer multitasking?

9. Do you like to collect information in things like books, about your hobbies and interests? I'm talking about having facts?

10. Do you enjoy quotes?

11. Do you make or follow routines for yourself?

12. Do you offer people advice about what they can do and how they can do things.*

13. Do you make rules?

14. Are you more likely to see similarities between things or differences?

15. Glass half full or half empty?

16. Are you likely to give considerate gifts to people?

17. Are you emotionally expressive (likes to give hugs)?

18. Do you find yourself contradicting what you say and do?

19. Do you agree with the statement:

Time is made for discipline.
    You should go to work whenever you feel rested, no alarm is needed; when people go to work whenever they wake up they wouldn't need as much coffee and they would be better rested.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESFp 3w4 SX/SO??
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    HEY YO. What actions bring you self esteem and confidence and what in your life diminishes those things?
    I don't really know what actions bring me self-esteem... I just know when something does, haha. Lack of control over something in my life and the appearance of incompetence diminish my confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Are you introverted or extroverted or don't know (this is something we all probably know imho)?

Are you logical or ethical or don't know?

Are you intuitive or sensing or don't know

GOGO not too much text now be concise
    I came to the conclusion of INFJ because, of a possible Ni + Ti loop, but maybe I use Fe more than I once thought, or I'm a different type entirely, considering that I'm not oblivious to or careless about social norms. Ni + Ti kind of contrasts with 4ness and lack of Fe with 3ness.

I'm an introvert. I could go either way on ethical vs. logical. Same goes for S/N, since it's a little bit different in socionics, but my preference would be intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    From above stuff + VI from Socionix profile, probably β and maybe ENFj.
    Aleksei suggested ENFj, partially because of , and someone else (I don't remember who) from a chat convo suggested ESFj.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    1. Do emotions drain your working energy or can you work even though on the inside you may feel down?
    I can work either way, but I'm sure as hell less productive when I'm feeling down.

2. Which are you more likely to do:
    A. Plan something and go over the plan before you proceed.
    B. Leap into one thing after another, working on the fly.

4. You already said you're very good with organization. What system or methodology do you follow when proceeding? Do you use methods, work flow, or do you use categorization?

8. Do you have a single track mind or prefer multitasking?

11. Do you make or follow routines for yourself?
    B. I'll likely have an outline for what to do, but allow wiggle room for me to do something "just whenever".

Routine tasks (ugh) and blow-off busy work come first, open-ended tasks after that. There's always room for improvement on tasks that are graded on quality over quantity, and I'd rather take my time if I have the time. My schedule is usually jam-packed, though, and I find routines to be nuisances.

My motivation to stick to a routine is asymptotic. I can't stand doing the same thing regularly long-term. I'm not organized. Why waste my time organizing if it's going to get messy later anyway?

In that sense, I guess categorizing by work flow, haha. If I have a lot to do in a night, I'll separate the tasks into chunks and switch between them. It's either hyper-focus or blah. I can't multitask for shit. Or rather, I can, but it's not efficient.

3. You've already indicated poor time management, does it stress you out when you have to be somewhere at a certain time; do you get anxious and tense?
    Haha, really? Where have I indicated that, or is this based off of another thread?

I don't quite get anxious when I have to be somewhere at a certain time, but when people nag me about how I'm going to be late, it's like, "STFU, I get it. I'm going to be late. You pissing me off doesn't help anyone."

If it's really important, I'll go out of my way to get there early and then work on something else while I wait for everyone to get there.

19. Do you agree with the statement:

Time is made for discipline.
    You should go to work whenever you feel rested, no alarm is needed; when people go to work whenever they wake up they wouldn't need as much coffee and they would be better rested.
    I agree. I think the idea of the typical 9-5 day is an artificial setup. Yes, I understand that during the industrial era, factory supervisors were trying to wring as many hours as possible out of their workers, hence placing a standard limit, but I don't think that a routine is necessary for productivity. As long as they're well-rested enough to get the job done by the deadline, I don't see the issue.

It's not about how long and when you work, it's about how much you get done. And engaging yourself isn't about being lazy, it's about being your own boss. This video explains it better. It's obviously not part of typing me, but it's interesting.

​​
    5. What activity is your idea of relaxation? Why?

9. Do you like to collect information in things like books, about your hobbies and interests? I'm talking about having facts.
    Having the library to myself and just reading whatever interests me, or watching talks on TED... just whatever as long as I'm exploring by myself. I rarely have time for just me and a brain buffet.

I remember I once had a friend give me a bath & body trio for me for Christmas because she wanted me to just do nothing for a while and relax, but the issue with that is that I wouldn't feel productive taking a bubble bath (at least not until I get a laptop that I can take into the bath).

6. What activity is your idea of "fun"? Why?
    I don't really know, haha. I'm interested in everything, but at the same time, interested in nothing. I'm attracted to novel activities and trying out something new.

7. What quality or trait do you envy or wish you had? Which ones do you envy in others?
    I don't know about which trait I wish I had, but I could easily say what circumstances I'd rather be in. Errrr... I wish that I didn't have to sleep, lmao. Life is to short to lie there. I guess when it comes to what I envy in others... attractiveness and likeability. Gotta love the halo effect. *eyeroll*

10. Do you enjoy quotes?
    Yes.

12. Do you offer people advice about what they can do and how they can do things.

16. Are you likely to give considerate gifts to people?
    Yeah, e.g. tutoring, picking out clothes, projects, fixing computers, finding gifts to suit people's tastes, etc. In other words, I give my input on whatever comes up in a conversation.

If I know someone well enough to know what they like and find a qualifying item, you can bet that I'll get it for or at least show it to them.

13. Do you make rules?
    Yes, but they're not sacred.

14. Are you more likely to see similarities between things or differences?
    What's the difference? Haha, I guess there's your answer right there.

I'm more likely to see similarities (hence why I grouped some questions together), but overall, it's like a venn diagram in my head.

15. Glass half full or half empty?
    I have multiple answers to that.

It's full, half with air and half with water.

Why does it matter whether the glass is half full or half empty? Shouldn't it matter more what's in the glass?

It's half full if you're filling it. It's half empty if you're emptying it.

But, if I must, I'd say that I'm an optimist.

17. Are you emotionally expressive (likes to give hugs)?
    If it's appropriate to the situation.

18. Do you find yourself contradicting what you say and do?
    I'd like to say that everyone does that to some extent, but when I think about it, I don't do it very often. You could say that I contradicted myself in the previous sentence but I tend to avoid absolutes in any case.

Short answer? Yes. xP

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    ​Why waste my time organizing if it's going to get messy later anyway?
    Enough said. This, in the context and how it was formulated, enabled me reduce your type to two most probable. But to be cautious and avoid useless debates with the lurkers, I'm just telling you that you're certainly a static type:
    ILE, LII, SLE, LSI, SEE, ESI, IEE, EII.

Choose your weapon.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ESFp 3w4 SX/SO??
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Enough said. This, in the context and how it was formulated, enabled me reduce your type to two most probable. But to be cautious and avoid useless debates with the lurkers, I'm just telling you that you're certainly a static type:
    ILE, LII, SLE, LSI, SEE, ESI, IEE, EII.

Choose your weapon.
    Well, from those, I could say that I'm probably not a sensor or an ILE (I know one and we are definitely not the same type).

That's an absolute no to SLE, ESI, LSI, and ILE.

I could see SEE (haha), LII, EII, or IEE. EII and IEE are the most similar to each other in this group, butbutbut I don't know how the blocks / function orders work. ):
    Last edited by Nomenclature; 02-25-2011 at 04:52 PM.