Thread: Post any relationship experiences that counter Socionics ITR

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post any relationship experiences that counter Socionics ITR

You can post stories of successful intertype relations that are Superego, conflict, supervision or actually any relationship that beat the (quite accurate) depiction of Socionics' view of a healthy ITR.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've had very poor LTRs with ILEs and very good ones with ESIs......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I've had very poor LTRs with ILEs and very good ones with ESIs......

a.k.a. I/O
    I would not have guessed that from your "uncovered" article.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know one case of LII+SEE best friends. They were both very young then. And the LII was very confused about who he was. The LII admired the SEE. They are not friends anymore.

I also know one case of ILE+ESI friends. But the thing is. They never spend time together anymore. They met back in school and they were friends. But with time the real lack of compatibility makes sure that the friendship doesnt continue, then it doesnt matter if they still call each other friends as an old habit
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I would not have guessed that from your "uncovered" article.
    I could easily write a positive one. I also wrote an uncovered profile for my dual and if I wrote one for myself, it would be worse. Because there are weaknesses that are easily recognized, doesn't mean that one cannot easily coexist with that person. As a matter of fact, I seemed to have had an inherent perception and understanding of ESI behaviour long before I knew of Socionics even though I exhibit none of it myself. Socionics only led me where the roots were......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I could easily write a positive one. I also wrote an uncovered profile for my dual and if I wrote one for myself, it would be worse. Because there are weaknesses that are easily recognized, doesn't mean that one cannot easily coexist with that person. As a matter of fact, I seemed to have had an inherent perception and understanding of ESI behaviour long before I knew of Socionics even though I exhibit none of it myself. Socionics only led me where the roots were......

a.k.a. I/O
    I did think your "uncovered" article was extremely perceptive. When I read it, I wondered how you noticed all that you did, since I have the prejudice that people see out-of-quadra types poorly. Or differently, at least.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I did think your "uncovered" article was extremely perceptive. When I read it, I wondered how you noticed all that you did, since I have the prejudice that people see out-of-quadra types poorly. Or differently, at least.
    At the time, the article was meant to shock because most descriptions seemed to largely be sunshine and roses. I was in high-level positions for many years where I had to study people closely with a scientific approach because my natural abilities were non-existent. I expect that most, who are entrenched in current Socionics thinking, would say that I am a complete heretic and don't know my ass-type from a hole in the ground. I'll just put out my perspective for as long as I find the clash of ideas amusing....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

While I have found Semi-Duals make wonderful friends, they are not very satisfying as sexual/romantic partners. I have a Semi-Dual female friend who I find very interesting to talk to. She is a writer and we help each other creatively (I edit her stories, she helps me fill detail in my lyrics). As often happens, we attempted to get something going earlier this year, but I found it difficult to effectively communicate what I wanted in a relationship to her. While we have similar interests, I've discovered that our values are also quite different which I sensed would lead to conflict down the line. We ended things amicably, however, so are still in contact much as we were before.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Plenty of those won't match as they make long term predictions. We live in a dynamic world. Situationally things have changed a lot from the time socionics was developed.
    I tend to evaluate ITRs on short term interaction basis. I don't have relations with people unless other factors match up well enough.
    Currently not planning having anything new for couple of years or so. Things might change.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am great friends with 2 superego types.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Super-egos aren't that bad when subtypes are opposite.

I​t is strange how ESI-Se and SEE-Fi despite of lots of similarities behave very different around me.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I get along surprisingly well with a conflictor SEI-Fe, and not at all with an SEI-Si.
    In the case of the former, she's helpful, caring, and genuinely concerned about me, although she does not like my sense of humor (so I never tell her jokes any more, and even keep most stories to a minimum).
    In the case of the latter, she feels that I contaminate the air that I breathe.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Super-egos aren't that bad when subtypes are opposite.
    You mean EII-Fi for LSI-Se? Because that for me does look a lot better than EII-Ne, for some reason.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a few positive relations with Conflict.