Thread: Why Do I Go for SEE as an LSI

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Because the same behaviour can be explained through every cognitive function.

E.g. a man kicks a ball
    Ti: he tries to kick the ball 10 times to see if it follows the same trajectory every time.
    Se: hes practising so he can outmatch his peers in a game of football
    Te: he tries to kick a different ball every time to see which one is most effective at scoring a goal
    Si: he kicks the ball because he likes playing football
    Fi: he kicks the ball because his son wants to learn how to play football
    Fe: he kicks the ball to impress his girlfriend
    Ne: he tries to find a new way to kick the ball in the goal
    Ni: the guy kicks the ball a certain way to see if it follows as predicted.

At the end of the day all you see is a guy who kicked a ball. Your interpretation isnt the only one. Therefore im saying you should be more open, because your expectations cloud reality. Any behaviour can be explained through any cognitive ability. The truth is you dont really know peoples motives unless they honestly tell you, thats why you shouldnt judge a book by its cover and try to get to know those 'SEEs' before you lable them.
    I had the same thing with a colleague lately whom i thought was see at first, but now im starting to believe she might be enfj instead, because of all the damn drama and -fe.
    That makes a lot of sense. He could be any of those types, but the descriptions paint different pictures, like ESE sounds prim and proper but he is low class like me.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something the SEE in question once told me, "I'd like to think that my enthusiasm rubs off onto other..." Is that Fe or Fi?
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    IEI-N-Fe 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he more like this:
    Or this?
    He has the tact of a brick

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. He could be any of those types, but the descriptions paint different pictures, like ESE sounds prim and proper but he is low class like me.
    "Class" doesnt really have to do much with type. More with upbringing. For example, i know a really posh see, whos been brought up as a high class violinist (if thats the word), but at the end of the day she easily makes social contacts, always has a thirst for adventure and parties and, like most SEEs, has clear likes and dislikes of certain people. (Fi)

As for wanting your enthousiasm to rub off on others, thats fe by far. You should read the descriptions of fi and fe on sociotype.com theyre really useful.

Fi = ethics, knowing which people have good or bad intentions, empathy. Good people knowledge basically.

Fe = determining the mood or atmosphere of other people, very extroverted. Knows how to influence others peoples moods through pulling certain emotional levers, creating a warm or even cold atmosphere. "Wanting to rub off enthousiasm onto others" definitely is fe. Then again be wary that SEEs also have strong fe and that they are definitely capable of performing such acts, if they, for example, want to court someone. Like i said you see someone kick the ball, but you dont know why untill u ask.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Because the same behaviour can be explained through every cognitive function.

E.g. a man kicks a ball
    Ti: he tries to kick the ball 10 times to see if it follows the same trajectory every time.
    Se: hes practising so he can outmatch his peers in a game of football
    Te: he tries to kick a different ball every time to see which one is most effective at scoring a goal
    Si: he kicks the ball because he likes playing football
    Fi: he kicks the ball because his son wants to learn how to play football
    Fe: he kicks the ball to impress his girlfriend
    Ne: he tries to find a new way to kick the ball in the goal
    Ni: the guy kicks the ball a certain way to see if it follows as predicted.

At the end of the day all you see is a guy who kicked a ball. Your interpretation isnt the only one. Therefore im saying you should be more open, because your expectations cloud reality. Any behaviour can be explained through any cognitive ability. The truth is you dont really know peoples motives unless they honestly tell you, thats why you shouldnt judge a book by its cover and try to get to know those 'SEEs' before you lable them.
    I had the same thing with a colleague lately whom i thought was see at first, but now im starting to believe she might be enfj instead, because of all the damn drama and -fe.
    I liked this post for the most part but I'll add that that's not really what Ti is - if it does this experiment of kicking the ball 10 times there's some reason for Ti wanting to see if that happens. Without including that reasoning, I find the example a bit too lacking. And, this is generally more true for Ti with Ne, to experiment just to see how things work to see their internal Ne structure. Ti with Se would be more competitive stereotypically like you assigned it to Se.

Not every behaviour can be explained through any cognitive ability btw, there are a few restrictions on that but yes it's true that many things can be approached in more than one way cognitively.

PS: you sound really IEI btw in this post, if you want me to elaborate, I'll be happy to do so. (Your Ethics based directions for OP, basically)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    Something the SEE in question once told me, "I'd like to think that my enthusiasm rubs off onto other..." Is that Fe or Fi?
    It has both... Fi creative with Fe demonstrative. It has a personal focus for emphasizing "my enthusiasm" and how his attitude relates to others. The enthusiasm as an emotional state itself is Fe (Fe demonstrative utilizing it).

Let me know if that made sense or if you would like more explaining.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Myst im just preaching reason and open-mindedness. If you think thats fe, then fine, thats your problem. I dont really wanna argue with someone that has locked me into iei and sees confirmation of me being fe creative where ever i go.
    Its kind of the same thing with medusa following me around saying im lsi whenever i make a post that just might hint at fe valuing... Really annoying, and as i said, the same actions can have different motives and only I know them. If you wanna discuss my type please post it in my thread but dont go around stalking my posts then whenever you see something that might be fe pointing out stuff like 'haha you said iei stuff, want me to elaborate?' kind of things because that really annoys me. It has no value to me, and if you really feel the need to elaborate by all means be my guest but do it in my type me thread, because all youre doing now is devaluing and deviating the issue at hand by just labling whatever i said as "fe". Also its ntr.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst im just preaching reason and open-mindedness. If you think thats fe, then fine, thats your problem. I dont really wanna argue with someone that has locked me into iei and sees confirmation of me being fe creative where ever i go.
    Its kind of the same thing with medusa following me around saying im lsi whenever i make a post that just might hint at fe valuing... Really annoying, and as i said, the same actions can have different motives and only I know them. If you wanna discuss my type please post it in my thread but dont go around stalking my posts then whenever you see something that might be fe pointing out stuff like 'haha you said iei stuff, want me to elaborate?' kind of things because that really annoys me. It has no value to me, and if you really feel the need to elaborate by all means be my guest but do it in my type me thread, because all youre doing now is devaluing and deviating the issue at hand by just labling whatever i said as "fe". Also its ntr.
    Most certainly wasn't stalking. I just noticed this one thing and noted it to you. I wasn't aware you didn't want to hear more input. Last we talked in the intelligence types thread you were open to hearing about how I see Te PoLR for you. But if the problem is me going off topic, just say so, no need to rant for that purpose

I'll post the rest in your type thread (it's not about reason and open-mindedness btw).

I didn't even say "haha" btw. Don't confuse me for @Medusa.

And, it was a side comment, the largest part of my post was ontopic, not "devaluing" the ontopic issue at all.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Myst its fine im a bit grumpy cuz i slept like shit

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Most certainly wasn't stalking. I just noticed this one thing and noted it to you. I wasn't aware you didn't want to hear more input. Last we talked in the intelligence types thread you were open to hearing about how I see Te PoLR for you. But if the problem is me going off topic, just say so, no need to rant for that purpose
    There kind of is a need to rant considering you bulldoze your 'suggestions' on to everyone. Leave the guy alone if he doesn't want input.
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst its fine im a bit grumpy cuz i slept like shit
    No worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    There kind of is a need to rant considering you bulldoze your 'suggestions' on to everyone. Leave the guy alone if he doesn't want input.
    My point was, if the focus is on solving a problem then a rant isn't the most direct way to do so. Not that I minded it too much.

You also leave me alone, I don't want your input.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Barring sexual attractions, both of you perhaps have commonality in the way you look at things although you deal with them very differently. SEE can be like a puppy dog romping in the field while the LSI holds the leash and lives sort of vicariously. It can be like a breath of fresh air for a short while - but puppies require a lot of maintenance........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Barring sexual attractions, both of you perhaps have commonality in the way you look at things although you deal with them very differently. SEE can be like a puppy dog romping in the field while the LSI holds the leash and lives sort of vicariously. It can be like a breath of fresh air for a short while - but puppies require a lot of maintenance........

a.k.a. I/O
    hahhah great analogy
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12