Thread: Member Questionnaire (JWC3)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (JWC3)

Member Questionnaire 1 (JWC3)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    It's in the eye of the beholder. Physical beauty anyway. The concept of what I find beautiful is a sort of awkwardness. Imperfection. Happy accidents. Things about people that don't necessarily stick out but are just different enough to incite imagination. Beyond that? Passion. Passion will always be attractive.

Love? Couldn't say. I think I'm a bit too inexperienced to have a valid opinion on this one. Perhaps though a self destructive and childish impulse albeit a very addicting one.
    What are your most important values?
    Values? Loyalty. Loyalty above all else. Those with whom I consider myself close mean everything to me. The only fights I've ever been in have been on behalf of someone I care for. My personal sense of morals or ethics are very much a function of how close I feel I am to someone, or how I feel about them regardless of how they feel about me. At a close psychological distance, I tend to strive to be the idol of interpersonal perfection. Honest, kind, patient, selfless, respectful, entertaining, forgiving. The less I care for someone or the less they mean to me, the less I care about being virtuous. If I actually dislike someone, than historically I've not been above being a disrespectful selfish ass-hat, and feeling justified in doing so.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    No. I try to be nice to others for the most part, in a sort of karmic sense. I was raised to make up my own mind concerning religion, I went to church occasionally but was never forced to worship, and the nonexistence of god was never advocated to me. I'm open minded for the most part. I suppose my own false idol would be one of patience and discipline. Virtues I've always seen lacking in myself, but strive for regardless.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Power is the absence of need. Power is freedom. Power is not having to resort to base actions. Power is not a function of physical strength. The truly powerful people don't need to resort to such a base manifestation. Power is intellect, wit, patience, social diplomacy. Having to resort to violence to get what you want makes you no better than an animal. Power is tact.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Anything and everything. I can have a long conversation with anyone about whatever they wish to talk about. It's never been hard for me. My interests? Theater, Comedy, Fitness, Philosophy, Reading, Writing, Psychology, Learning, Failing, Winning, Board Games, Video Games, Sci-Fi, Fantasy... My interests are many and varied, they generally are more a function of who I'm currently interacting with. If a close friend of mine is into hunting, then so am I. Because of this I have been exposed to a wide variety of things and tend to downplay my own role in my intellectual curiosity.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    To a point. Someone once told me that you know enough about health when you can read the pop health advice and completely ignore it. I agree with that. I'm certainly not interested in the cutting edge (unproven/un-researched) health advice, but am more than willing to explain or discuss the basics of diet, anaerobic and aerobic exercise, body building, the role sleep can play in these areas, as well as mental as psychological issues. Not something that I go out of my way to bring up, but I'm not ignorant in these areas when the discussion arises.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    The word chore carries the connotation of being obligated work. Work done out of necessity rather than choice. This question strikes me as irrelevant. Few people, if any, enjoy being obligated. If something must be done, then it must be done, personal sentiment regardless. From a philosophical stand-point it might be interesting to discuss the illusion of choice, and whether freedom from choice results in comfort, or the illusion of a false freedom does. In any case, poor question.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Movies

Now you See Me. I love heist movies. Enjoyed, This is the End. I like most movies really. Chick-Flicks and Heist movies are my favorites. I also enjoy movies with a moral though; Life of Pi, Secondhand Lions, Radio, ect. I really am not picky about movies, I even enjoy crappy movies. I don't really care for the political thriller genre.

Books

I dislike horror stories that aren't grounded in reality. The devil coming up from hell to murder some people isn't very interesting to me. I'll take a good ol' fashioned psychotic killer to impractical demons any-day. I do enjoy fantasy and demons and whatnot when it's not trying to illicit an emotional response from me. My favorite book of all time is Candide by Voltaire. I'm currently reading "A Christmas Carol", and "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" both are interesting in their own way and I am enjoying them a lot. My other favorites include: Ender's Game, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, A Brave New World, and Villain's by Necessity.

Plays

I love theater of the absurd, Beckett and Stoppard take the cake in that regard. Endgame is my favorite play.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    The thought of losing those few close to me has always been depressing to me. The thought of losing myself as well. Hopelessness is something that seldom crosses my mind, but I'm not immune to its pangs. In a lot of ways the people who mean something to, define who I am. Losing myself means I have lost them in a sense, failed them even, and losing them means I don't exist. People being themselves around me, feeling comfortable, has always made me happy. A well executed project or plan is certainly an uplifting sensation. Depends on my mood really.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Spending time working on something or completing some project with or for people I care for. Environment regardless.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My weakness is my impulsive nature. I have upset those around me by switching my plans or some task at a moments notice. I tend to be plagued by self-doubt at times not that this is readily apparent to anyone. I tend to lack discipline at times. My emotions can very easily cloud my judgment, and my judgment can cloud my emotions. I'm too arrogant to strongly dislike any aspect of myself, though I do wish I could more readily see the trees for the forest.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I am adept at leading, directing, and managing others towards an end. I've been called on to discern the work ethic and character of others. My own impeccable work ethic has been praised. I can have a completely non-judgmental personality that allows me to understand, relate to, and empathize with almost anyone when necessary. I can and have had to often mitigate most interpersonal conflict. I'm generally affable, welcoming, and gregarious. I most like my ability to find almost anyone interesting. I love hearing the stories of others, what makes them the way they are, what shaped them.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Organization, budgeting, day to day clerical tasks. I generally prefer to have some sort of mentor in any area of interest. At this very moment I most desire to have a close relationship with someone who is adept at writing.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    -
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like patient people, I like people who can be themselves, I love honesty. People who feel free to disagree with me and not have it be a comment on our relationship are excellent for me to spend time with. I enjoy being around people who are more even tempered than not concerning me though care less if they are explosive around or about others. I like being pushed, and enjoy competition. I have a hard time relating to people who aren't able to be honest with themselves about their own actions.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Honestly? I have no idea what the future holds for me in this regard. What I've learned from the past though is that in order for me to be successful in having a romantic relationship with another person I must have unwavering respect for their point of view and intellect. Someone who is able to not take my volatile emotional world too seriously is important and is themselves even tempered.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    -
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Depends on the friend and how they make the claim as well as the mood I'm in.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    -
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose my friends with little rhyme or reason. How I behave around them is a matter of what the norm is for our relationship and how I feel. I can be positively giddy and upbeat around some people, and intellectual and quiet around others. To that end, I tend to spend time with friends who are in line with how I feel. If I am bubbly then I will generally try to spend time with my other more bubbly friends, or friends who I know will be receptive of such behavior. For this reason I enjoy people who are mostly even tempered because then I don't have to worry about how my behavior will affect them and can spend time with them regardless of how I personally feel or what mood I'm in. I'm less affected by how my friends feel, despite being aware of the fact that how I feel can affect them.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    With affable integrity and respect if it's someone I'm being directly introduced to. As for being in public with strangers around me, that I have no intention, desire, or plans to make direct contact with, I generally will behave however I please. I can be downright boisterous and lewd at times.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You forgot your type?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You forgot your type?
    I was bored so I'd figure I'd try to define myself via questionnaire
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

After reading some - not my type. Interesting stuff you wrote, though.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    After reading some - not my type. Interesting stuff you wrote, though.
    Have you done one of these?
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Have you done one of these?
    Hmm, I think I did. Can't really remember. Providing I wasn't removed from my own thread and had my posts deleted by "trollhammer" Liu Kang, I might find it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE pretty much
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    SEE pretty much
    Do you remember what you used to type me as? Way back in the day? I can't really recall and our PMs would be extremely buried by now. In any case I too enjoy quotes that reference storms, one of my favorites is by Dorothy Parker; "They sicken of the calm who know the storm". I like to think of her as some Ni ego type because of my own personal fancy though I haven't put any real thought into it.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're SEE like Niffweed, JWC3.