Thread: Question about subtypes

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question about subtypes

To start, i believe myself to fit within the IEI arch-type, and i've been reading lots of different sub-type theories.

Within myself I'd rank my Strengths in this order

With the DCNH - Would Normalizing refer to Fi and not Ti since i test as an F. Or could it be either? Is there a way to differentiate, or is that not even necassary for that sub-type label?

Next - Dual type theory - How does one come about understanding what their 2nd type would be? For instance i feel i have stronger Ti than most IEI's and that i also value Fi more than most IEI's(that i know). But i cant think of a type that has Ni, Ti, and Fi in valued positions OTHER than the IEI itself.
    So what becomes the criteria for determining it?

And is there only specific types that can be Dual typed together? Can someone be an LSE-IEI? How would that even make sense? Is there a limitation to what an IEI's dual type could be?

Any information would be valued. Thanks a ton.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

dcnh is confusing but my understanding is that normalizing would be a more IJish type of IEI...i think per the theory this would be strengthened Fi and Ti but i'm not sure how that works since those two elements oppose eachother. you could also type yourself IEI-Fi but that wouldnt be dcnh (i think its the 8-subtype model or something).

i think you could have any dual type and it has to do with your interests and persona? tcaud and crazedrat know more about that, i dont understand it.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    To start, i believe myself to fit within the IEI arch-type, and i've been reading lots of different sub-type theories.

With the DCNH - Would Normalizing refer to Fi and not Ti since i test as an F. Or could it be either? Is there a way to differentiate, or is that not even necassary for that sub-type label?

Next - Dual type theory - How does one come about understanding what their 2nd type would be? For instance i feel i have stronger Ti than most IEI's and that i also value Fi more than most IEI's(that i know). But i cant think of a type that has Ni, Ti, and Fi in valued positions OTHER than the IEI itself.

And is there only specific types that can be Dual typed together? Can someone be an LSE-IEI? How would that even make sense? Is there a limitation to what an IEI's dual type could be?

With the DCNH:

and - Dominant
    and - Creative
    and - Normalizing
    and - Harmonizing

Both and would be taken into account for DCNH, and under the system of Accepting and Producing subtypes (the two type system), , , , and would all count as an subtype for IEI looks like you would be N-IEI for DCNH...

Dominant subtypes are said to somewhat supervise Harmonizing subtypes, Creative subtypes do this to Dominant subtypes, Normalizing do this to Creative, and Harmonizing to Normalizing - types that don't correct each other in this manner are said to get along a bit more smoothly overall, and if you're N-IEI, this would be fellow Normalizing subtypes and Dominant subtypes (these would be subtype equivalents of Identity and Duality respectively, instead of Supervision)...

As for dual-type theory? I'm still a bit new at this, and though I may have done this incorrectly, here's what I did - I took my stronger function out of and (me being Harmonizing was why I did this), and I went to the Extraverted Judging function (to create a complete type) that I was stronger in, which was ... once again, if I did this incorrectly (and I don't think I did), it should only be a matter of time until you're pointed in a better direction
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DCNH works well in my opinion and is a lot less confusing than the producing/ accepting subtypes IMO. but it takes some time to figure out how it manifests itself in real life. Knowing and observing a lot of people of the same type helps alot. But I think the pattern is there. They are strengthened in pairs, like Ti and Fi. It doesn't matter what your main type is. I don't know why DCNH works, but as a phenomenon I agree with it.

The names Dominant etc. are labels that give some hints, but they should not be taken too literally.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p..._DCNH_Subtypes

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    DCNH is lame. Especially if Nowisthetime believes in it.
    I didn't know my opinion was so powerful. It would be interesting to know why you don't like DCNH, but you have probably discussed it in earlier threads? I'll do a search sometimes.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Next - Dual type theory - How does one come about understanding what their 2nd type would be? For instance. Bi feel i have stronger Ti than most IEI's and that i also value Fi more than most IEI's(that i know)ut i cant think of a type that has Ni, Ti, and Fi in valued positions OTHER than the IEI itself.

- you have very low Ti (compare yourself to the right ppl -- aka Silke or Strrng -- if you wanna see Ti that kinda overtakes Fe).

- and totally devalued Fi (you have no clue about what is important to you or other ppl, the group dynamic has priority over anything else ...basically you're kinda all about fun and laughing around, which is Fe)
    Last edited by Amber; 05-13-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    - you have very low Ti (compare yourself to the right ppl -- aka Silke or Strrng -- if you wanna see Ti that kinda overtakes Fe).

- and totally devalued Fi (you have no clue about what is important to you or other ppl, the group dynamic has priority over anything else ...basically you're kinda all about fun and laughing around, which is Fe)
    Does this make him IEI-Fe aka dominant subtype according to your analysis?

Make me think that I am probably the creative subtype.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If so, it's wrong.

It's been 5 years but I understand these questions now.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I remember when a couple of people were into figuring this stuff out and they told me I would be the IEI-IEI type, whatever that is. I don't really pay attention to subtypes though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW