Thread: Twins Who Share a Brain

Creepy-Korpsey

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh :frown:

It's cool to be supportive of them and that they might be doing ok. But I just wish that people didn't have to go through situations like this.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    But I just wish that people didn't have to go through situations like this.
    Welcome to life.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... y'know, multiple personalities isn't that odd for people with more normal bodies. They're essentially one person, since their brains would function as one, but it's no problem for them to think of their two bodies as separate people. Sitting here, I can easily imagine thinking of my two arms as separate people, though differentiating my legs that way is harder - the work they do requires too much coordination.

With regard to romance, I imagine they'll have to agree on a single guy, which probably wouldn't be much harder than a more normal girl settling on a single guy.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-Korpsey

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Hmm... y'know, multiple personalities isn't that odd for people with more normal bodies. They're essentially one person, since their brains would function as one, but it's no problem for them to think of their two bodies as separate people. Sitting here, I can easily imagine thinking of my two arms as separate people, though differentiating my legs that way is harder - the work they do requires too much coordination.
    The existence of multiple personality disorder is still very much up in the air, nor is it particularly prevalent in mentally ill populations. See Dissociative identity disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    With regard to romance, I imagine they'll have to agree on a single guy, which probably wouldn't be much harder than a more normal girl settling on a single guy.
    "There is even at least one example of conjoined twins who married a non-conjoined pair of twins. Simplicio and Lucio Godino, conjoined twin brothers who were born in the Phillipines in 1908, married a pair of identical twin sisters, with whom they performed on Vaudeville."

"Daisy and Violet became citizens of the United States and returned to the only life they'd ever known: showbusiness. In 1932 they appeared in the movie Freaks, which dared to pose the question of whether or not conjoined twins can have a love life. Over the coming decade, it would become quite clear that the answer was yes. Violet, the more outgoing of the pair, had a string of celebrity boyfriends, including the musician Blue Steel, boxer Harry Mason, and guitarist Don Galvan, before becoming engaged in 1933 to bandleader Maurice L. Lambert."

And of course the original so-called Siamese twins: "[Chang and Eng Bunker's] Traphill home is where they shared a bed built for four. Chang and his wife had 10 children; Eng and his wife had 11. In time, the wives squabbled[4] and eventually two separate households were set up just west of Mount Airy, North Carolina in the community of White Plains – the twins would alternate spending three days at each home."

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I hope the twins aren't conflictors.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will have to watch the research on these two as it comes out. how interesting that they can see out of one another's eyes!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it's not. Stop quoting wikipedia.

They are clearly distinct people. They may share a limited telepathy, but I'd say they open and close access to each others' thoughts at will. Any guy would have his hands full with them, having to satisfy one and then the other. Two guys would be more reasonable. I imagine they can even have separate families.

They almost certainly have distinct souls, and thus distinct subjective experiences. I find the notion they can see out of each others' eyes very nebulous. Perhaps unconsciously, but consciously it would be impossible. think about it: what would the dividing line be?

When they mature we'll be able to hear directly from them what their experiences are like. They will hardly live as freaks, more like celebrities. But prepare for me to be correct (as I usually am about these things ).
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 11-21-2010 at 01:42 AM.